(Topic ID: 111456)

Can't get the glass out, machines in the way.

By jasonsmith

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ccotenj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    numberpuzzle.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jasonsmith.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Anyone else have this issue? Due to my current and most efficient arrangement (for max machines) I can't get the glass off of most of them without playing some sort of a shuffle game. Makes waxing, tweaking or repairs a pain in the bum.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

try lifting the front legs onto some books ir something to raise the front of the game high enough to remove the glass.

I tried that, ended having to drag it anyway a bit so the head wouldn't hit the wall. But it will work and is much better than puzzling a whole bunch of machines about.

Quoted from wayner:

Yep similar problem but the pball trolley helps.

I was thinking about trying this, just need to build a compact one. At least this way it'll just go straight up and down, no dragging around. I was thinking that If I blocked the front of the dolly some I'd be able to tilt the front up while lifting it up. Getting the best of both options.

Quoted from DaveH:

I don't think it's worth it. I'd rather have a few less that I can get into. I'm swapping around one of my game rooms, and I've been really careful to measure how they will end up. Nobody wants to play "butt to butt", and service is important.

Ya, this is really the tough choice. I've thought about just taken some down and swapping them out from time to time but all that effort would equal the effort of lifting or dragging to get the glass off. I don't go into them that much anymore as now I need to wait for the big day where I go into many machines all at the same time. Just means I need to live with little issues longer.

Quoted from vid1900:

Secure a side rail with just 2 small screws.

Thought of that but I've never been all that good at taking the nails out of the EM side rails without noticing that it was done. I can also worry about dropping the glass on the PF while taking it out in that weird manner.

I'm starting to appreciate those few machines out there where the glass tilts up like the PF. I guess if I want the extra machines in there I gotta deal with it.

#19 9 years ago

I've only tried that on my cad program that I do my planning on. I lose two machines that way sadly. That would look really cool though if I ever did do it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jasonsmith.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-get-the-glass-out-machines-in-the-way?tu=jasonsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.