Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Billc479
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Working on a Memory Lane. Everything is now working except I can’t get it to add credits.

New Altek board. Verified continuity from MPU to IO0 and IO1 at coin door. Verified continuity from A4J3-3 (r-g) wire to coin switch wire at coin door. Note the switches are not there so I am tapping the r-g wires to the Brn-w or the R-w wires. I can’t get the machine to accept credits.

I have S1off
S2 on
S3 on
S4 off
S5 off
S 9 thru 13 off

What am I missing? Any help is appreciated. I am getting frustrated that what should be simple is kicking my butt. Thanks

#2 2 years ago

Is the ball in the out hole? Is the game in tilt mode, are the three tilt switches open?

#3 2 years ago

Verify the block connector that connects the wires between the mpu and the coin door doesn't have loose wire or dirty/loose connection. Had the same intermittent problem on a Hot Hand.

#4 2 years ago

Ball is in outhole. Verified no bad connections from the wires that go to the coin switch to the MPU.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Ball is in outhole. Verified no bad connections from the wires that go to the coin switch to the MPU.

did you try shorting it at the MPU itself? I usually do that to verify the problem is board side or playfield side.
as long as the game is in attract mode, it should add credits... The ball being in the outhole shouldn't matter unless your trying to start a game. On some sterns that doesn't even matter. If it's alltek, maybe there is a freeplay option on and the correct game via dips (it's been a while since I've messed with allteks, so I'm not 100% sure on those)

#6 2 years ago

Love these "X" rated posts, "can't get coin up", "ball is in the outhole" whew!!

#7 2 years ago

In the old tv repair business, they'd say you're "having trouble with your horizontal hold"....

#8 2 years ago

Game select dip switches are more important than the switches on the right. Make sure they're correct. Should be 2 and 5 up, the rest down for Memory Lane. Have you checked or changed the clock jumpers?

#9 2 years ago

I'll have to look at the clock jumpers, I'm not sure. The game select is set for Memory Lane.

I'll try to jump directly at the Altek board to see if I can get it to add credits. I also thought of another thing last night - I think I can go into switch test, tie the r-g wire to the brn-w and see if the switch registers closed.

The machine is 30 minutes away in an area without cell phone/internet reception, so this is a real PIA. I am going to keep plugging away at this, its just frustrating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Crystal Lake, IL
$ 69.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-get-coin-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.