Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Guinnesstime
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Camera.jpg
Picture.jpg
Morgan_F.jpg
383803_263424773710355_48029345_n.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Got down to the shop to work on a ToM restore. Just finished the PF the other day.I figured I would start the cabinet, so took 50 pics+/- and went to town on it .It was going great .Had the cabinet and the head stripped out in less than an hour, Decided to start removing the artwork. Took more pics. Couldn't believe how great the decal was coming off .had the cabinet totally stripped of artwork in one hour. I was pumped!
SO ,I wanted to load the pictures to show you all how well it went.

No memory card in the camera...I'm going to go get a drink, Good Night

#3 6 years ago

I was expecting the end of the story to be that you started stripping down the wrong game.....

#4 6 years ago

How much built-in memory does your camera have? Maybe you got lucky and they are captured there.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from RacerRik:

I was expecting the end of the story to be that you started stripping down the wrong game.....

This is what I was expecting too.

#6 6 years ago

Doh

#7 6 years ago

I am surprised your camera lets you take any pics without the card in it. As stated above, check the internal camera memory. They may be there!

Chris

#8 6 years ago

Omg , that's horrible ! Hopefully someone has a ton of pics from doing one of theirs.

#9 6 years ago

My cameras all have an option where you can decide what you want it to do if there's no card installed. One is to allow you to take pictures, the other is to not let you take pictures

#10 6 years ago

It's fine. Plenty of folks on here must have tear down photos. I happen to not be one of them, cuz I don't own that one. But I know the feeling you have, but it always works out. You'll either find those pix on yur camera, someone will hook you up with theirs, or you'll rebuild it from memory out of sheer desire.

Just ask folks for help, it'll work out..

-jon

#11 6 years ago

The story made me laugh at first because it seemed like a comedy piece... but oh man that sucks! I'll raise a drink to you having better luck with the rest of this adventure.

#12 6 years ago

Ouch.

Start drinking heavily......

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

The story made me laugh at first because it seemed like a comedy piece... but oh man that sucks! I'll raise a drink to you having better luck with the rest of this adventure.

ditto

#14 6 years ago

Show us a pic when it's done, and all will be forgiven.

#15 6 years ago

No way any camera lets you think it's taking pictures when you are not. Either they are on the internal memory or you are making it all up.

#16 6 years ago

Wow. That had to be a sinking feeling. Good luck! Hopefully others here have pics of what you need.

#17 6 years ago

At least it was just pics of the cabinet and stuff, not pics of playfield mechs or wiring.

#18 6 years ago

always check the memory card.. I actually typically use my iphone, pics come out good and I always know if it's full. And I guarantee you're not the first to tear one of those down, someone will chime in with good teardown photos

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

No way any camera lets you think it's taking pictures when you are not. Either they are on the internal memory or you are making it all up.

Canon T5 ,But your right I make crap up randomly. Now if you will excuse me,my wife Morgan Fairchild is calling.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

At least it was just pics of the cabinet and stuff, not pics of playfield mechs or wiring.

You right ,thought about it this morning and realize its not the playfield .The only bitch is which size plastic wire clips go where. Outside of that the rest of the stuff (ground braid,tilt bob,wires,transformer are all fairly standard)

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

My cameras all have an option where you can decide what you want it to do if there's no card installed. One is to allow you to take pictures, the other is to not let you take pictures

Same here. (Canon XSI) I got stung with that same thing a couple of times until I found out I could disable the 'shoot with no card' option.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from tim_sanderson:

Same here. (Canon XSI) I got stung with that same thing a couple of times until I found out I could disable the 'shoot with no card' option.

Think I might need to look into that.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This is what I was expecting too.

Yup, same here...

My camera won't take pics without a card in it...thankfully.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Canon T5 ,But your right I make crap up randomly. Now if you will excuse me,my wife Morgan Fairchild is calling.

Sorry but that's crazy that a camera would let you do that. I apologise.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Sorry but that's crazy that a camera would let you do that. I apologise.

No Worries

#26 6 years ago

I do make crap up though,Im no longer married to Morgan Fairchild.

#27 6 years ago

This is my current wife ,we do alot of charity work together

383803_263424773710355_48029345_n.jpg

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I do make crap up though,Im no longer married to Morgan Fairchild.

You know she's 63 years old now?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

You know she's 63 years old now?

Thats why I divorced her

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

What is that in her cup????

#33 6 years ago

Luckily you had a memory card in your camera that day.

#34 6 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

The only bitch is which size plastic wire clips go where.

Whichever one fits the best. Based on what I read from other posts, manufacturers probably used a couple different sizes for the same one over the course of production, just using what was handy and what fit.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Database error: [MySQL server has gone away]SELECT inline_w, inline_h, orig_w, orig_h, filename FROM bb_attachments WHERE id = 107681 AND status = 0 LIMIT 1Caller: bb_load_template, include, bb_post_template, bb_load_template, include, post_text, apply_filters, call_user_func_array, bb_attachments_bbcode, preg_replace_callback, return_pinside_image_tagThis is my current wife ,we do alot of charity work together

You can tell from their lack of interaction in this picture this is a sexless relationship. Probably a marriage of convenience so wouldn't have to deal with questions on sexual preference anymore. )

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

You can tell from their lack of interaction in this picture this is a sexless relationship. Probably a marriage of convenience so wouldn't have to deal with questions on sexual preference anymore. )

LMAO

#38 6 years ago

Bought my TOM NIB. If you need any pictures let me know.

PS, I always start drinking before I start so I have a good excuse

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Bought my TOM NIB. If you need any pictures let me know.
PS, I always start drinking before I start so I have a good excuse

Thanks I will keep that in mind,the drinking to.

#40 6 years ago

Oh BTW, found my memory card.

Picture.jpg

#41 6 years ago

Now you don't have to remember what the bare cabinet looks like

#42 6 years ago

My cell phone will pretend it's taking photos and then not actually store them. When it starts doing this it will go back to normal behaviour once rebooted. I have learned over the last year to always check every few photos to ensure the damn phone is actually keeping the pictures I'm snapping.

#43 6 years ago

Time for a modern camera.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Wow!....you married Miss Indian!

#45 6 years ago

Stupid! Stupid!! Stupid!!! WHY a camera would even HAVE a switch allowing you to take NO picture is incredible! When I try on my camera, the screen flashes...Hey Dopey! Put the card in!!...

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Wow!....you married Miss Indian!

No ,My full name is Skypilot Indiana.Shes just blonde and we keep that on her so she doesn't forget her name.The "Miss" was a typ-o her first name is Missy.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Droid 2 Global. Not the newest phone but certainly modern enough that there's no excuse for what it does. It's not a full SD card issue. It has a 32gb SD card and I'd be surprised if it has ever exceeded 4gb stored. Sometimes I wonder if the 32gb card has too long a response time and the camera piece of the OS has no code for handling that.

#48 6 years ago

It is ,apparently its owner isn't

Camera.jpg

#49 6 years ago

I had the same thing happen at my second kiddo's Christening. Older Canon Rebel. Luckily there were a ton of other cameras there. I feel your pain.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside