• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7123 (resized).JPG
IMG_7124 (resized).JPG

#1 4 years ago

I'm working on the lower playfield of my Haunted House, cleaning switches etc but I've got a problem with one side of the pop bumper. When I simulate a ball by pushing down one side of the skirt (the most heavily used side, given the position of the flippers), it stays down and won't pop up again.

I taken it apart, cleaned/polished the spoon and tried adjusting the position of the spoon switch but the plastic rod still sticks one side of the spoon.

When I remove the spoon the spring returns the plastic rod to the centre, quite strongly. Can't work out how to make this work.

Might the end of the plastic rod have worn or the spoon? Any ideas? I've tried to attach photos.

Thanks

Matt

IMG_7124 (resized).JPG

IMG_7123 (resized).JPG

#2 4 years ago

...and they used a Williams coil rather than a Gottleib one- does this matter?

#3 4 years ago

If the spoon is old I would replace it. Sometimes usually have a wear spot on them that interferes with the movement. I would also replace the coil with the proper one.

#4 4 years ago

Looks on the picture that the switch blades can not touch
Cause the stopper is in between

#5 4 years ago

If you haven't already looked it over...I highly recommend Vid's guide... He discusses alignment starting here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers#post-486004

On another note, if that first picture is how it gets "stuck" then it seems your spoon is too close to the plastic from the skirt. The plastic should never leave the depression in the spoon and make it's way to the flat part. If you need to adjust sensitivity, put the second switch closer to the spoon switch...assuming of course the spoon is already properly aligned per the link above.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks all. Appreciate this and will get to work!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside