(Topic ID: 195195)

Chicago Coin's Criss Cross Pop-Up, Cant find numbers for my new EM.

By Ericpinballfan

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170804_162622 (resized).jpg
    20170804_162613 (resized).jpg
    20170804_162605 (resized).jpg
    20170804_162742 (resized).jpg
    20170804_162756 (resized).jpg
    20170804_162648 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Got this gem of an EM 2 weeks ago. Few questions are puzzleing to me.
    - Can't find game on Pinside games archive? (SOLVED, Pinside Moderator ForceFlow did it for me.)
    - Chicago Coin isn't listed on game manufacture list in forum topic build.
    - IPDB does have the game, but no info other than manufacture date, Dec 1964.
    - Its a lot like a pitch and bat, one fire button on lockdown bar.
    - Uses a pinball to hit the targets that activate the ball pop to make combinations.
    - 10c , dime coin single slot chromed coin door. I have now seen a 2 slot coin door as well, dimes also.

Would like to find numbers on how many made?
    If there was more than one style of this machine made, ie color or name?
    Would like to add this to my games collection on pinside, but cant. (DONE)
    In general, who has one? Who knows any good intel on this game?
    Thanks.

20170804_162648 (resized).jpg20170804_162648 (resized).jpg
    20170804_162756 (resized).jpg20170804_162756 (resized).jpg
    20170804_162742 (resized).jpg20170804_162742 (resized).jpg
    20170804_162605 (resized).jpg20170804_162605 (resized).jpg
    20170804_162613 (resized).jpg20170804_162613 (resized).jpg
    20170804_162622 (resized).jpg20170804_162622 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

Adding IPDB Link; http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4760

YeOldPinPlayer-Thanks, spelling fixed, it's still early here.
    jeffc- Going there now to look around. Still odd, Chicago Coin not listed in game manufactures.
    Alexf- Thanks for all that great info!! Going to that thread to, I want my game listed. If you know a guy, over past 2 weeks I've discovered 2 more in CA, so I'm up to 4. There was one at California Extreme last week. Luckily mine is a little nicer, but that one played great. I've also been told about another in large private collection in Long Beach Ca.
    The coin door is Gorgeous to the point its hard to photograph, my garage floor in checkerboard always reflects on it. It's also very clean inside game. I just need to get glass off and novis up and wax playfield. Has a couple lights out behind backglass, just need to clean it up a little. Paint is solid no flaking.
    Very happy with this find! Very fun fast game, I get a couple in each day, there is no way to have long balls on this game.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

There are two here in the Milwaukee area. I have one and Tom Taylor has one.
    My local tavern had one. Hit 700 and win a tap beer, 1000 won a pitcher. My group of friends played - score less than 100 you had to buy a round of shots. I only own mine because of the nostalgia - the stories we tell when old friends see the machine.
    Yours has the only instruction cards I have seen. Do you have a set or just the ones on the machine? Your game is set to novelty. It can also be set to replay.
    Mine does not have the original balls. It has red racquetballs, which are bouncier than the game was originally.
    Welcome to the club!

Great Story!! Glad you found me here.
    Pinside Moderator ForceFlow just added game to Pinside Archive! (Go add your game)
    I'm now with your machine at 6 so far.
    How did you know it wasn't set to reply vs novelty? Good catch, I only discovered that it did that at Cal Extreme machine last weekend. I'll find that jones plug.
    I'll get some close up pics and add restore pics as I go here cleaning it up.
    I do believe these balls to be original, they roll and pop good, but yes , harder than a racquetball. (I wont clean balls)
    Ill add better pics of cards this week to. Glad you found them here and got the IPDB.
    Since game is now listed on pinside I'll update flyer and pics there to and get a video eventually.

#9 6 years ago

Thank You for adding machine!!
    Quoted from ForceFlow:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/chicago-coin-criss-cross-pop-up
    I went and already added to collection and fixed a few details including its an EM, 1 player, and pitch and bat cabinet design.
    Once I get it cleaned up nice I'll add photo's of a few unique mechanisms. The back cabinet which holds many of the EM parts we know instead of the lower cabinet. Transformer, control bank, all the relays etc.. When I went to load it up i was surprised how heavy the head was, 100 pounds?

3 weeks later
    #10 6 years ago

Anybody know how many of these were made?

8 months later
    #11 5 years ago

Thinking of letting this Nice POP-UP go.
    She's a Gem.
    Might make a Listing later in week.
    $1250 Local sale.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-find-numbers-for-new-em-chicago-coins-criss-croos-pop-up?tu=Ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.