• Latest reply 10 years ago by Aurich
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

I think everyone knows what I think of The Shadow by now. Keep it! I want a Star Trek too, but no way I'm selling my Shadow to fund it, gonna be patient instead. Wait out the code and Karl Urban pack in the process too I guess.

If you want to see how my alt translite spiffs it up in person you're welcome to make the trip out from Riverside to Torrance.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

If an expert (and I mean EXPERT) says it's beat is it even worth it?

Too hard to say without details and pics. Possible to get them?

#18 10 years ago

Someone is about to make some replacement mongols apparently.

My Shadow is sitting here sad and shooter-less. Good news is that's because it's waiting for a Mike Chestnut replacement to arrive.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Love that translight!
Would you make me one if I ever bought a Shadow?

Would be happy to. I only have two free on the run I'm having done now, not sure what I'll do after this run, the only catch is that I have a minimum order I have to meet with the printer, so the future is always uncertain in that way.

Every time I think it's tapped more people show up asking me for it though, so who knows!

Quoted from PinballKen:

Translight is AWESOME! Way better than the original!

Thanks.

The thing I love about The Shadow is you can just turn it on and play. It's challenging enough to suck you in completely, but at the same time it's just fun to flip. You can just go for Vengeance or something, play some fast and involved pinball without having to worry about stacking strategies etc.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

If I had known about this alternate art package was coming I wouldn't have sold mine to Cosmo.
The stock speaker panel is worse than the translite.

Yup, you're so right, it's the worst, I hated it way more than Baldwin. I'm actually surprised no one before me tried to making a new matching speaker panel to go with a translite design, but I guess it's a lot more work and time and money and no one cared enough.

I definitely cared enough, love this pin, and since I'm a graphic designer it was just a natural to want to try it. I'd be happy to own it even looking stock though, the magic is on the playfield, which looks just fine.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

So I spent the last 90 minutes gettin my ass kicked while alec baldwin smirked at me the whole time...this game is not going anywhere anytime soon...just gonna sit back and wait for the resources to come from somewhere else to fund new game.

Good man. It's people like you who forced me to import mine from Oregon, no one in California wanted to sell me theirs!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Got rid of my Shadow and never looked back.

If everyone who ever had it kept it then the hobby would be crappy, pins have to move around to keep things interesting. So it wasn't for you, hopefully whoever bought it enjoyed it more.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Keeping a game just because it looks so nice isn't really all that fun.

I guess it is for some people, but I hear that. My Shadow still gets regular play, it's not a museum piece.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Almost done with this Shadow for a customer ... This game is pretty sweet ! I had mike chestnut do the ramps and I hand polished all the metal with a 0000 fine steel wool . I also added all new star post, clear rubbers, all flippers rebuilt , decals to all targets , flame polished and triple waxed . I also am waiting on the alternate translite . This game is a ton of fun and plays like butter .

Wow, that's nice. I'll get you that translite as soon as I can, just waiting for the printer to get it run off.

So did you hand polish the habitrails instead of getting them replated? I'm afraid when I get my shooter from Mike that I'll be tempted to do those next ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 37.50
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-bring-myself-to-sell-my-shadow?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.