Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pintechev
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Need help. My indiana jones menu will not let me set time and date and therefore I cannot get past this submenu into the test submenu. I had to replace the CPU board with one from two bits several years ago due to battery linkage on the original board. Since twobits does not exist, not sure how to get past this problem.
    Thanks for any help.

#2 4 years ago

Check the headers and connectors and wires going to direct switches. They have probably corroded if they had acid on them and were not replaced.

#3 4 years ago

I will double check these. Additional information, I cannot find any battery located on the two bits board. Is this my problem if no battery exists?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hawk007:

Check the headers and connectors and wires going to direct switches. They have probably corroded if they had acid on them and were not replaced.

Your avatar Cheryl Tiegs ?
    I had her pinup Some were team Farrah others were team Cheryl

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from new2haig:

I will double check these. Additional information, I cannot find any battery located on the two bits board. Is this my problem if no battery exists?

you had prior acid damage on your old board so connectors at the bottom of the cpu board may have been affected.

Quoted from romulusx:

Your avatar Cheryl Tiegs ?
    I had her pinup Some were team Farrah others were team Cheryl

My avatar is 'the' Heather Thomas poster of the 80's . Still have it. And Farrah and Cheryl both avatar worthy as well. Cheers

#6 4 years ago

additionally the old connectors may have damaged the headers on your new cpu. Post a hd pic of your cpu if you can
    Cheers!

#7 4 years ago

I know on my BSD pinball machine that without a working battery it would NOT retain the date time if I set it. Now with my situation this involved replacing the MPU board and moving my processor and ROM chip from old board to new one due to corrosion damage, but if your board is good replacing the battery after cleaning the connections might be all that is needed.

#8 4 years ago

Well now I have a new problem. Ive replaced the battery with an nvram and now the machine comes on (sort of)... When I power on, power gets to the boards on in the backbox and the cpu board led 19 and 21 stay lit. No lights, no nothing else. Please point me where to start looking ... This is getting old.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from new2haig:

Well now I have a new problem. Ive replaced the battery with an nvram and now the machine comes on (sort of)... When I power on, power gets to the boards on in the backbox and the cpu board led 19 and 21 stay lit. No lights, no nothing else. Please point me where to start looking ... This is getting old.

Did you put the chip in backwards?

#10 4 years ago

Double checked the chip, its in correctly. Its like the machine turns on (backboard led's light) but is not energized.

#11 4 years ago

I would take a meter and check each of the connections to and from the NVRAM. You probably lost continuity with those small and delicate traces.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cannot-set-date-and-time-on-williams-indiana-jones?hl=new2haig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.