Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by starbase
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Would love to be able to edit my tz black hep add. Want to edit the title but cannot edit in two different browsers. Highly annoying for a paid add that I cannot edit.

It is also a paid add and I do not believe it as listed as one.

#2 8 years ago

Okay... I've tried to reproduce this. Limited information to do so. While I can't say you're hitting a bug or not, I can say that I actually can do edits just fine. Both of title, and of content, and of price. No problem. I don't know how many times I'm willing to spend $10 to test this out but .. the videos below show it working for me.

It might be useful if you can some how capture the things that look different from mine, to give a hint as to what might be going on.

Test post: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/23943
    Title editing:

Content and price editing:

#3 8 years ago

Starbase, still having problems? Are you seeing a different behavior than the video I shot?

I do see your twilight zone standing out as a paid ad. I'm sure people would prefer the one I placed would go away too - but holding it open until we can confirm you have a bug or user error. Market place ads cost money so I don't want to reproduce it too many times..

#4 8 years ago

Still cannot edit the title. I know the process to edit just boxes are either greyed out or cannot be clicked.

#5 8 years ago

If someone from the staff could edit the title to 12k or best offer it would be most excellent of you.

#6 8 years ago

I don't se your ad any longer. Hopefully that means you found a buyer!

If this happens again please get screen shots. Screen cast is even better but I know first hand that can be more of a chore.

Marking these is as resolved and closing my fake marketplace ad.

#7 8 years ago

Reopening. Possibly the same issue as reported here, but with more detail:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-save-changes-to-pinball-parts-ad-error-message

#8 8 years ago

This should be fixed as of today.

2 weeks later
    #10 8 years ago

I watched the video above for editing an existing ad's title. I also cannot edit the ad title on my current ad.
    On previous ads I had placed, I could never edit the title once it went live either.
    The title field is always greyed out and cannot be modified.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/24471

2 weeks later
    #11 8 years ago

Robin no offense but it does not seemed fixed and made me question why did I pay 10.00 bucks for a non working add?

#12 8 years ago

Are you able to edit errors in thread titles?

#13 8 years ago

starbase, I'd text Robin to get his attention on this for you - but, honestly, the trouble report is .. lacking.

Things that are useful:
    - Exact URL you're on
    - Exact action you're trying to take
    - Actual behavior you're seeing when you do said action
    - Exact OS and Browser you're using
    - If possible, video capture (posting to youtube as an "unlisted" video works great)
    - Else, picture capture

If you're at all familiar with debugging web sites (I know most people aren't) it would be useful in the browser's dev tools to highlight and examine the element you're clicking, submitting, etc on. It would be useful to see the DOM element there. If would be useful to see any javascript errors.

I'm calling all this out because sometimes.. what I see, what Robin sees, what we *guess* at what you're doing.. isn't exactly the same as what you've got in front of you. Not all bugs expose themselves universally to everyone on every action. The more clear the report, the more likely it can be replicated. Once replicated, it becomes a lot easier for Robin to solve.

I've *tried* to replicate your problems - and spent $10 in the process of doing so. I'm okay with it since it's a good cause - but I'd rather not do that repeatedly to try and get this trouble report to be more fleshed out.

#15 8 years ago

Sorry for the slow reply, this issue is part of a much larger problem which made me decide to rework a big part of the market section. The title editing problem is also included in that update. Please hang in a bit longer, it will be fixed soon - I promise!

Starbase, please forward me your payment receipt email and I will refund you your $10. Obviously you shouldn't pay for something that isn't working properly. My apologies for the inconvenience.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Sorry for the slow reply, this issue is part of a much larger problem which made me decide to rework a big part of the market section. The title editing problem is also included in that update. Please hang in a bit longer, it will be fixed soon - I promise!
    Starbase, please forward me your payment receipt email and I will refund you your $10. Obviously you shouldn't pay for something that isn't working properly. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks Robin but please just donate to pinside on my behalf.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cannot-edit-marketplace-add and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.