(Topic ID: 204889)

Cannon Lagoon hooks the kids (and me too)

By _xizor

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CL_02 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider _xizor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

There isn't a lot of P3 owners posting, so I had to write something about this, too good to miss out on.

I've had a P3 for a few months now and have spent most of my time playing Lexi and I've kept the Cannon Lagoon playfield sitting in the box under the cab. I had taken it out to play it a few times when I got the machine, looked cool, game was pretty basic (redemption style) so I put Lexi back in and hadn't thought much about it.

After my kids had opened the box a few times to check it out and bug me to install it, I decided to give in and took the whole 2 minutes it takes to swap it in. Super glad I finally did!

Now the kids play it constantly. After a few days of seeing them go at it non-stop I decided to finally sit down and give it a shot and was super impressed. It is a short game, but challenging to make it all the way through with a good score. Basically, you can't afford to miss a single shot in a 7-8 minute sequence of shooting an increasing number of ships at increasing speeds. Once you make it through, there is a Kraken you need to beat which requires you to shoot the tentacles he hides behind to get a shot at the head. Now we're playing the game every night seeing who can beat it first. The little kids can get involved quickly and they've started to play ROCs and other games as they've progressed. It's also helped them understand the rules of the other pinballs as well, considering most of the older games call outs are a little less than obvious sometimes. Definitely been a great way to get them hooked on pinball.

I can't wait for the Pinball Wizard software that uses this play field, looking forward to the additional challenge and something for them to progress further with.

Overall I'm happy with the P3, I've put about 750 games on it and haven't had any issues. It stands up well in a line up with the new Stern and Jersey Jack pins, lots of room for future development!

CL_02 (resized).pngCL_02 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider _xizor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cannon-lagoon-hooks-the-kids-and-me-too?tu=_xizor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.