Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,396 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by JakeFAttie
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Menu3-25 (resized).jpg
    17099159436172647014303925641222 (resized).jpg
    Up in Smoke (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4106.gif
    flap jacks (resized).png
    received_952889522882331 (resized).jpeg
    received_894006569137984 (resized).jpeg
    2-22-24 (resized).jpg
    article-2221346-159F97DC000005DC-695_308x185 (resized).jpg
    cadelandteddybear1 (resized).jpg
    R0010329 (resized).jpg
    R0010330 (resized).jpg
    brownies18 (resized).jpg
    brownies17 (resized).jpg
    brownies16 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9369 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ultimategameroom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#265 7 years ago

A good friend of mine was helping his parents move from his childhood home a couple years ago. He pulled a drawer completely out of a hall table before picking it up and saw a Baggie that had fallen out/ behind inside. He reacted quickly before anyone noticed and pocketed the bag. Intrigued by what he had found,Later that night he phoned his brother who now lives in Europe to ask if he knew anything. Bro says holy shit that was panama red the best weed I ever smoked. Dad was looking for the car keys and found it in my jacket my senior year of high school in 1979!!! Buddy gave it to a garden minded friend and less than a year later ....success!
    I sampled it and it made me break out in a SWEAT!

2 years later
    #2168 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

Me either shit was wild.

Very strange...
    I remember a female first time smoker in high school howling at the moon like a wolf as a group of us sat around a campfire. In her defense,It was very strong Thai stick!
    I almost peed my pants I laughed so hard.
    Other than that there was one other female (the gym teachers daughter!) who had an allergic reaction after smoking the first time and broke out in hives.
    Both those incidents were over 30 years ago and I’ve never heard of anything remotely similar to the reaction you describe.

1 year later
    #2903 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't come around here very often. it is not from any kind of philosophical differences. I just don't have time to get involved with any more pinside pages. I have a full plate.
    But I thought I would drop by and lay this on all of you. What I am going to link sounds like BS to me. But I'm looking for others thoughts.
    What I can say is that I have chucked up alcohol while I was hugging a commode. And then have to gag myself because it did not all come up.
    But I never had any ill effects with vomiting from toking a doobie. Matter of fact, either than extreme bouts of paranoia when I was a kid and Texas had a 20 years sentence for Mary Jane, I have never had any ill effects, other than being ripped off with a bunch of seeds and stems in the baggie I bought.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    " Uncontrollable vomiting due to marijuana use on rise, study finds"
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/health/marijuana-vomiting-wellness/index.html
    What are you boys up in Canada experiencing since you can light up almost anywhere?
    Anybody puking their guts out?

I figured I’d post a response because you stated you were looking for others thoughts on the article and as a recovering cancer patient I’d like to pass along info others might benefit from.

I had never heard of this until A coworker with a college aged daughter told me about spending the afternoon at the emergency room. Apparently it’s common enough that by the time his daughter reluctantly answered a few questions she was diagnosed as having exactly what the linked article describes. After she described the symptoms (vomiting/nausea) and they determined that she wasn’t pregnant the doc asked a few questions.
    How long has this been an issue?
    She answered a few months off and on.

Does anything make you feel better?
    She answered very hot showers really help .

Are you a cannabis user?
    She answered a few times a week.

He explained that this is more common than you would think.
    It has to do with the way some people metabolize thc/cannabis.
    The doctor recommended she stop smoking and try other methods of relaxation/stress relief.
    Sure enough after a short while of not smoking she never had symptoms again.

My coworker was baffled by the whole situation.

I guess it just doesn’t agree with some people.

1 year later
    #3150 11 months ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

It’s that day. Have fun out there. Going to Stonehenge.
    [quoted image]

I saw Spinal Tap at the Tower theater in Philadelphia back on 6/25/1992. Great show! Stonehenge and the dancing little people was one of the highlights!

4 weeks later
    #3166 10 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

A chunk of gold dust broke off my grinder...
    [quoted image]

Punkin what does the flower look like and what is its name?
    I haven’t seen anything like that since jr high school almost 40 years ago.
    Acapulco Gold.

3 months later
    #3254 7 months ago
    Quoted from MajorDrainer:

Legal medicinal grow in Illinois.
    2 Gelatos just got switched to bud cycle and my Super Skunker is 5 weeks into the process.
    These pungent beauties are busting out of their tents.
    I'm done growing outdoors because of consecutive years of bud rot and frustration.
    Indoors, I've had problems in the past w spider mites infiltrating my tents and decimating my plants.
    I've found the best way to control them is ladybugs.
    I buy a bag of 1500 for like $25 on Amazon and they crawl all over my gals from sprout until harvest.
    A few bags of bugs per year is money well spent to ensure a bumper crop and I highly recommend these eco-friendly predators if you've got pests.
    Peace and love.[quoted image][quoted image]

Do the ladybugs wander out of the tents and into your living space? 1500 of them sounds like a large amount and I’d be afraid that they would be EVERYWHERE!

#3259 7 months ago
    Quoted from MajorDrainer:

There are definitely a few escapees but it's not a biblical plague raining ladybugs or anything like that.
    1500 sounds like a lot but some are DOA, others die off quickly and survivors spend most of the time on leaf patrol or clustered together in pots or in folds of tent.
    They rarely make it from my basement to main floor and when I see a loose one I capture him and throw em back in tent.
    If you do outdoor gardening or have house plants that are prone to pests, I can't recommend ladybugs enough.
    They are the ultimate 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure' because by the time you realize you've got spider mites it's too late...your crop is doomed.

I follow this thread because I love gardening and landscaping. Each year I plant 20-30 varieties of sunflowers from seed and also plant a flat of fennel in containers on my deck. I gather up the caterpillars that develop from butterfly’s eggs and protect them on one plant.

Hummingbirds, moths, butterflies and bees love all the sunflowers and other pollinator friendly plants in my yard. I also planted some fruit trees during lockdown. An apple, two pears a peach and a plum. The woodland animals eat all the fruit but eventually once they are large enough I’ll get some!

If/when Pa ever allows I’ll probably try growing outdoor cannabis. People tell me that I have a green thumb. I went thru cancer treatment a few years ago and it would be nice to provide free medicine for some patients who really need it. I thought I knew what pain was having broken bones and other construction related injuries growing up but they are like Boo Boo Band Aid pain compared to Chemo and Radiation Treatment.
    5F2C1BDB-6E88-4BA5-8C86-8D1B655986F8 (resized).jpeg5F2C1BDB-6E88-4BA5-8C86-8D1B655986F8 (resized).jpegAD48EE5B-4223-4816-80AE-1D29C576A3FE (resized).pngAD48EE5B-4223-4816-80AE-1D29C576A3FE (resized).pngC161C79A-B908-43C3-BE71-C77241359C68 (resized).jpegC161C79A-B908-43C3-BE71-C77241359C68 (resized).jpegD2A0C2AF-FDA1-4962-8CCE-AE09688906F3 (resized).pngD2A0C2AF-FDA1-4962-8CCE-AE09688906F3 (resized).png

#3261 7 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

One of the best things ever was hearing my stage 4 cancer mate Larry tell anyone who would listen that the brownies i was giving him took the pain away and allowed him to sleep where none of the opiates were working.
    He always tried to give me money, but i would never take it. I was proud to be able to help and he eventually understood that i wasn't paying for his share, the recreational users were.
    RIP Larry.

Well Done Sir!

Speaking of pain, how are you doing?
    Hopefully back to being able to play pinball soon.

2 weeks later
    #3283 6 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Edibles are the best. I'm doing chocalte cherry coconut brownies and coconut cereal chocalte bars.
    They are very popular with my friends, and getting popular with the oldies at lawn bowls too

Chocolate Cherry Coconut Brownies sound F’n yummy!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ultimategameroom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cannabis-club?tu=ultimategameroom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.