Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,054 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by BMHouze
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220511_134604 (resized).jpg
    71BF2FF8-5422-4754-81CB-E13D757302E0 (resized).jpeg
    FF46F403-6CEE-4A27-AD52-228E071382BF (resized).jpeg
    DSCF0996[1] (resized).jpg
    brownies2 (resized).jpg
    homer1.gif
    homer2.gif
    homer3.gif
    homerfade.gif
    rip.gif
    20220420_071403.jpg
    6DCA3B63-487E-464E-A756-80FCA816FBCA (resized).jpeg
    BDF69CDA-549E-4A04-97BD-FAFB219D354E (resized).jpeg
    F69571AB-0E17-4F0A-BF9C-27F23C913C69 (resized).png
    0ED8CCCE-77F5-4CE9-871A-4D5A0A4945CB (resized).png
    20220311_145753.jpg

There are 3,054 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 62.
    #3001 6 months ago

Year end vacation,
    No trip to Jamaica again this year.
    I found a liquor store gift card in my switch stuff. My 24 of brown stubby Red Stripe was only $7 and 2.40 is deposit.
    Went to the local dispensary and got some distillate.
    Bubba kush, TWD Indica.
    Still have 3/4 of my hash coin and pounds of homegrown.
    Back to work in January.
    Living the life of Marley.

Just got the bug fixed on Heavy Metal, both machines at 100%

#3002 6 months ago

A nice smoke and a beer after a day on Slopes.
    This one's for bssblr !

20211127_154129 (resized).jpg

#3003 5 months ago

2 oz's turned into 8.5 grams of rso.

20211201_142916.jpg
    #3004 5 months ago

Looks legit. Fuck 125.

DSCF0116[1] (resized).jpg

#3005 5 months ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

2 oz's turned into 8.5 grams of rso.
    [quoted image]

I just made 268 grams

#3006 5 months ago

This is how good the brownies ended up.

I invented the Candom yesterday.

DSCF0134[1] (resized).jpg

The shaded part is red stretchy silicon. It clips over the top of the moulding on a drink can, then clips over the ring pull. It has a little flap that's the same size as the opening on your can. Your lip pushes it open when you go to have a sip.

It's to make your beer fly proof. A real problem in Australia. People take to putting coasters over their beers here or you'll end up drinking double digit numbers of flies in a summer.

Sure seemed a good idea at the time.

1 week later
    #3007 5 months ago

Straight cali blue raspberry icce wish u all could taste this so dam good

EC16D137-54D8-485B-985B-2D4122EE1040 (resized).jpeg
    #3008 5 months ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

A nice smoke and a beer after a day on Slopes.
    This one's for bssblr !
    [quoted image]

My pops appreciates that brother! He did a lot of skiing back in the day, in Lake Tahoe, he woulda loved this post brother!

#3009 5 months ago

Had to slap a sticker from my cousin on the jar! Like a teenager again! hope everyone’s smoking good!

896F2E86-DE89-4E4C-ABE4-B96FD09C1848 (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #3010 4 months ago

Been growing my own for the past few years.. gotta love it.

C364FE00-B7FF-4439-AFCF-47D184AB9320 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #3011 4 months ago

I really hate smoking after being a tobacco smoker for most of my life, gave up 6 or 8 years ago.

I don't like the smoking bit of pot either, tried vaping, but didn't enjoy that either.

I like edibles, but there are downsides to that compromise too, stoned all night, likely to trip a lick test if i get pulled over next day etc. Always have brownies in the fridge, but tend to just have one on weekends.

Lately i've been having a brownie at lunch instead of my 2- 3 joints over the afternoon.

For a start i'm much more affected over the course of the afternoon and into early evening, quite enjoying the imagination firing and pinball has been fun this week.
    So i did a cost analysis, when i roll a number i use the Raw 1-1/4 size. So to make 2 joints is probably 1-2 grams i guess. So an ounce a month which seems about right as i buy a pound a year.

When i make cannabutter i use an ounce of buds to 1kg (2.25lb) of butter. It yeoilds about 750gm of green butter.
    1 brownie mix uses 120-140gms of butter, so 4-5 batches of brownies per oz of weed.

When i portion the brownies i get over 30 serves per packet, so 1 months worth of serves plus a couple to give away. (34 serves the other day)

This means i get 4-5 months out of an ounce, couldn't believe it when i did the sums!

I did think tolerance would be a problem but i'm 5 days into my trial and it hasn't been a problem yet.

Anyone else ever do this sort of cost analysis?

#3012 4 months ago
    Quoted from Glockshots:

Been growing my own for the past few years.. gotta love it.
    [quoted image]

Looking good!

#3013 4 months ago
    ht40 (resized).jpg
    #3014 4 months ago
    Quoted from HFK:

[quoted image]

Seriously? The pot shown is some of the most scraggly shit I've seen. In 1977 in San Clemente, you could go down to the pier and pay $160 street price for an ounce of thai stick or untied Thai. May thru July. Literally boatloads. Coke dealers I knew would have exotic for the day Hawaiian pot. The Owhawka (sounds like but spelt wrong) weed we saw was big spears. You need to compare the closest apples to apples. So Thai weed $160 an ounce.

Very good outdoor pot can be had here for $100 half ounce, 180 ounce on the internet. I called and he charged me $140 an ounce for really nice outdoor white widow. There is more of a demand here for the $300 an ounce for great and $340 for insane. I often get an ounce of outdoor and indoor. So where I live, which used to be a pot wholesalers paradise due to our location, the outdoor is an unbelievable bargain. It's easily better than most Thai we got in 70s and 80s. (I saw hundreds of pounds every year) For essentially the same price. 45 years later delivered to my house. No comparison. Just don't believe we smoked scraggly ass weed like they showed in that picture here where I live.

#3015 4 months ago

Drive out to the Onieda Reserve ( greenhouses popping up everywhere)
    $20/Oz.
    Have a product at every price point.

#3016 4 months ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Drive out to the Onieda Reserve ( greenhouses popping up everywhere)
    $20/Oz.
    Have a product at every price point.

That's crazy cheap.
    The site I use has $40/oz every month or two. Think there's a weekly $50/Oz also. Decent stuff.
    18-20% thc. Big buds and not outdoor.

#3017 4 months ago

Just checked my email and they had 20% godzilla glue for $29/oz deal this weekend. Sold out of course now.

budget-bud-godzilla-glue-4-300x300.jpg
    #3018 4 months ago

Dang that’s cheap, final price or taxes extra?

#3019 4 months ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Dang that’s cheap, final price or taxes extra?

Final price. Another site I sometimes order from charges me pst and gst (11%)

#3020 4 months ago

Interesting…
    When I look at Vancouver shops the price is still high.
    Like this one
    https://www.thccanada.ca/menu?dtche%5Bcategory%5D=flower
    Is mailing it like grey marke or is the shop charging that much of a convenience fee?

#3021 4 months ago

You don't know what you are missing.
    A trip to 'the Rez' is a real eye opener.
    At least mine has the Burger Barn (you gotta eat here).
    Houses on the main roads have shacks out by the road. My local one does not allow signage or advertising.
    You can buy cheap smokes, fireworks, cannabis products.
    Distillate carts were pretty good at 3X1g for $100 and a free pre roll for each $50.

#3022 4 months ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Interesting…
    When I look at Vancouver shops the price is still high.
    Like this one
    https://www.thccanada.ca/menu?dtche%5Bcategory%5D=flower
    Is mailing it like grey marke or is the shop charging that much of a convenience fee?

Shops are always more. Staff, retail space, etc drive up the cost. Online companies don't have that overhead.
    As long as I spend $100 I get free shipping right to my post office box

1 week later
    #3023 3 months ago

$29.99/oz
    Tasted good. Nice high. Can't beat the price. Picked one up for the neighbor for $40 so technically I got this bag for $20

20220128_144632.jpg
    #3024 3 months ago

So glad i gave up smoking. Life changer.

DSCF0532[1] (resized).jpg

laughing-laugh.gif

3 weeks later
    #3025 3 months ago

Love this time of year, so full of promise with the harvest just weeks away.

Funny bit is the massive drought that happens this time every year.

I buy an elbow once a year, and still have a bit more than i need at this time of year.

My friends are always grateful as the town runs dry.

#3026 88 days ago

I love smoking weed

E2DC8A43-0E4E-4DEE-B669-7AD2F20E0E5B.jpeg
    #3027 88 days ago

Don't you love the entire process ?
    Smelling it, breaking it apart to load , loading the bowl then taking the rip !!!

1 week later
    #3028 76 days ago

It's hard to find cbd bud at decent prices I find. One site I use had a 20% cbd 1% thc strain on cheap. 3oz. Going to make it all into rso. Decarbing it now. House smells great

20220311_145753.jpg
    #3029 75 days ago

She’s getting close…

0ED8CCCE-77F5-4CE9-871A-4D5A0A4945CB (resized).png
    #3030 75 days ago

Here’s one without flash

F69571AB-0E17-4F0A-BF9C-27F23C913C69 (resized).png
    #3031 75 days ago

Pretty flash from where I'm sittin'.

#3032 74 days ago

Apple fritter straight fire

BDF69CDA-549E-4A04-97BD-FAFB219D354E (resized).jpeg

#3033 74 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

So glad i gave up smoking. Life changer.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Me too punkin

1 week later
    #3034 67 days ago

My usage is about to switch from medical daily to recreational.

My nasea that was once a ten out ten daily has been reduced to 5. 4 maybe.

This was a stroke of luck they were not sure this could ever happen. Improvement.

So now I begin my hard transition to recreational. It should be ok.

It is time. I cross my fingers and still will be lit at pinball. Always.

#3035 67 days ago

That is great frikkin news Azomdeus! Awesome to hear!

#3036 66 days ago

Do the aural's bother you?

It's a borderline thing, but I catch things in the music I play all day that i never did when i inhaled rather than ingesting. Not a big deal, but certainly noticeable. Background voices or notes.

They are definitely minor hallucinations, but not really intrusive.

Other than those, the only real drawback for me has been lying awake stoned at midnight unable to sleep when i haven't had a cookie since lunchtime.

#3037 61 days ago

I did my full stop on medical 5 days ago. My goal is to move from my medical need back to recreational.

Quitting is only mildly irritating. If you have ever quit smoking that was harder.

Crabby as hell though. Distraction is the name of the game.

6DCA3B63-487E-464E-A756-80FCA816FBCA (resized).jpeg
    #3038 61 days ago

A little tourney!

3 weeks later
    #3039 37 days ago

Happy 420 everyone

20220420_071403.jpg
    #3040 37 days ago

Happy 420
    This video cracks me up.

#3041 37 days ago

Happy 420!! The Dude abides...

Q: What are some good strains that go with pinball? What about "competitive pinball"? Any upside to using cannabis to improve performance?

I have thought about using edibles at shows/expos, but too afraid I'd get sleepy/tired and also not play so great...

#3042 37 days ago
    Quoted from baba_hafez:

Happy 420!! The Dude abides...
    Q: What are some good strains that go with pinball? What about "competitive pinball"? Any upside to using cannabis to improve performance?
    I have thought about using edibles at shows/expos, but too afraid I'd get sleepy/tired and also not play so great...

I have edibles every day, there is no way it improves your play. Sunday comp here i do great as it's coming on and often first into the finals and resting. Few more beers and the brownie settling down and i fall to pieces.

People come here in the mornings sometimes and can't believe i'm the same player.

Most of my GC scores have happened when i'm hungover though....

Bought a really nice pound i didn't need for 4/20 because it was so beautiful. I'm a idiot.

I'd drown myself if i tried to do one of granny's. Still remember getting a lungfull of water from a bucket bong. Brownies are safer.

#3043 37 days ago

They keep trying to pass it here but it keeps getting shot down. The funny thing is they are so slow here that I think we were they last state to sale beer on Sundays and that just pasted a few years ago I believe.

#3044 37 days ago
    rip.gif
    #3045 37 days ago
    homer1.gifhomer2.gifhomer3.gifhomerfade.gif
    #3046 34 days ago

I just played the weirdest fucking game of RnM ever.

#3047 32 days ago

The life cycle of the brownie.

2oz of my best bush heads (gooey AF) in 2kg butter. I end up with 1.4-1.5kg of green butter.

The batch of triple choc brownies takes .14 of a kg to make 35 odd happy Sundays.

2oz = ten batches brownies or 350 serves. I have one serve a day at lunchtime and i'm well and truly out of it till midnight. Thats a year of being stoned every day out of 2oz of pot. Dunno why anyone would ever smoke weed.

No cough, no smell, no attention drawn to myself.

brownies2 (resized).jpg

#3048 32 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Dunno why anyone would ever smoke weed.
    No cough, no smell, no attention drawn to myself.
    [quoted image]

There's no way better to start my day then lighting the first joint. There's lots of people like me who edibles don't work. I've eaten 3 brownies at 1g per brownie and felt no different then if I blazed a 1/3rd gram dube. Thc gummies are laughable.

I love cbd to help with my knee pains. I prefer gummies for texture but oil works just the same. Wife started making me frozen jello pops. Each pop is 33 MG of cbd and I take 2 or 3 daily.

#3049 32 days ago

No worries. I've given them to many people and never had anyone say it was so so. It works on all test subjects to the point of falling over

Dunno what cbd has to do with it, isn't that cannabis without the thc? It's the medicinal stuff right?

Not taking the piss, we just don't really have legal bud here yet and i'm old school thai stick and bush kinda guy.

It took a couple years till i got stoned on edibles, but i suspect it's because 40+ years ago the locals didn't know about carbolization. It sort of adds up as the first time i did get a kick, it was hash oil soup and i suspect the oil was heated in production.

1 gm of what per brownie? That's 4 times the strength that you need if you are talking about 1gm of bud, but 1/4 of what you need if you are talking about 1gm butter.

This is a rocking afternoon.

DSCF0996[1] (resized).jpg

#3050 32 days ago

Lots of people like edibles. I'd never turn down anything pot related. I just love the whole process of smoking a joint. Breaking the bud up. Rolling a joint. Blazing. I have no problem with strangers knowing I'm a pothead. Smoking in public never bothered me even before legalization. Actually legalization screws potheads because they treat alcohol and pot the same now. Driving high is the same as driving drunk which is a fukn joke.

There are 3,054 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!