Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,398 posts
  • 297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Whistles
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2597 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2596 (resized).jpeg
    Menu3-25 (resized).jpg
    17099159436172647014303925641222 (resized).jpg
    Up in Smoke (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4106.gif
    flap jacks (resized).png
    received_952889522882331 (resized).jpeg
    received_894006569137984 (resized).jpeg
    2-22-24 (resized).jpg
    article-2221346-159F97DC000005DC-695_308x185 (resized).jpg
    cadelandteddybear1 (resized).jpg
    R0010329 (resized).jpg
    R0010330 (resized).jpg
    brownies18 (resized).jpg
    brownies17 (resized).jpg
    There are 3,398 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 68.
    #1651 5 years ago

I just got some sour tangie 22% from Aroura. Tried it last night.
    Not very 'citrus-y'. More 'rind/peel'

Pretty bad when the shit from the yard tastes better than what 'the pros' can provide for $9/g.

#1652 5 years ago

How do you comparison shop oils and tinctures? I see different descriptions like one:one (replace the "ones" with "1" because 1 keeps posting the listening to music emoticon) for $30. How do I figure out how many doses it has?

#1653 5 years ago

Also I'm visiting Planet13 in Vegas next week while on vacation. Any edible recommendations? Their Apple Drops look damn good and the Affogato Chocolate Bar... oh man.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/15/18096082/planet-13-marijuana-dispensary-las-vegas-luxury-marketing-branding-cannabis

BTW, what is the difference between "Dew Drops" and "Tincture"? Do they both go under your tongue?

#1654 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballFever:

How do you comparison shop oils and tinctures? I see different descriptions like one:one (replace the "ones" with "1" because 1 keeps posting the listening to music emoticon) for $30. How do I figure out how many doses it has?

Depending on your tolerance to THC the dosage will vary. However 10mg is a good dosage to start off with. Check how many miligrams are in the product and divide it by 10 and you should have a good idea of how many doses are included.

The one to one ratio is usually the THC to CBD ratio.

#1655 5 years ago

Vegas=distillate pen
    Vape right at your slot.

#1656 5 years ago

Hello. Pot shops will open in Massachusetts this Tuesday I hear. I’ve smoked plenty but never had the retail experience. Just been at mercy of whoever was selling and don’t even know really what I’m getting other than it seems good to me. I want to try a couple different strains for vaporizing, some edibles, and some pre rolled Js. Supposedly there will be budtenders to help pick stuff, but do you guys have any tips? I want one strain for chilling out - music, movies, video games. Another for creativity - writing music, or doing active things. Generally I’ve heard indica for former sativa for latter. Also have heard that’s Mainly marketing and the % thc is biggest factor. I also am wondering if there are such strains that minimize unwanted side effects like munchies, anxiety or pot hangovers. Or if I’m just dreaming. Thanks for any tips for the retail pot newb.

#1657 5 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Hello. Pot shops will open in Massachusetts this Tuesday I hear. I’ve smoked plenty but never had the retail experience. Just been at mercy of whoever was selling and don’t even know really what I’m getting other than it seems good to me. I want to try a couple different strains for vaporizing, some edibles, and some pre rolled Js. Supposedly there will be budtenders to help pick stuff, but do you guys have any tips? I want one strain for chilling out - music, movies, video games. Another for creativity - writing music, or doing active things. Generally I’ve heard indica for former sativa for latter. Also have heard that’s Mainly marketing and the % thc is biggest factor. I also am wondering if there are such strains that minimize unwanted side effects like munchies, anxiety or pot hangovers. Or if I’m just dreaming. Thanks for any tips for the retail pot newb.

The bud tenders will be your best bet when choosing a strain. In my opinion Indica and Sativa are less marketing ploys than THC in many cases. Bad testing methods can obscure results and high testing bud can still be garbage. Use your old school buying eyes when purchasing. If it looks good and its the strain you are looking for then don't get too hung up on the THC percentage.

Don't leave your new expensive vape pen in a hot area like your car. It will leak. Also make sure your battery voltage is set correctly.

Edibles are best taken slowly in low doses.
    Tinctures and sublinguals will have a faster and less subtle effect.

Strains with Haze are a good indicator of Sativa genetics which tend to be uplifting and creative.

Strains with Kush are a good indicator of Indica genetics which tend to be more relaxing and sedative.

You will more than likely encounter quite a few Hybrids which will share genetics of both but tend to lean one way or the other.

Bring plenty of cash. Store will most likely not be taking debit or credit. ATM's can be hard to find near by.

Hope this helps.

#1658 5 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

pot hangovers.

That is a new one. What is a pot hangover?

#1659 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

Depending on your tolerance to THC the dosage will vary. However 10mg is a good dosage to start off with. Check how many miligrams are in the product and divide it by 10 and you should have a good idea of how many doses are included.

The one to one ratio is usually the THC to CBD ratio.

Thank you. How about the dew drops vs the tinctures. Do they both go under the tongue? I'm thinking about trying a tincture or two.

How much CBD is good for killing pain? I bought CW Hemp Oil locally but it doesn't say how much CBD is in it. It just has three different "strengths" so I'm going to try the middle recommended strength and go from there.

#1660 5 years ago

Thank you. How about the dew drops vs the tinctures. Do they both go under the tongue? I'm thinking about trying a tincture or two.
    How much CBD is good for killing pain? I bought CW Hemp Oil locally but it doesn't say how much CBD is in it. It just has three different "strengths" so I'm going to try the middle recommended strength and go from there.

I'm not familiar with term dew drops so I cant comment on comparing it to a tincture.
    I can say that sublinguals that go under the tongue have effects that can be felt almost immediately. Tinctures can have sudden onset as well when held under the tongue but tend to be a little more diluted in form than a genuine sublingual. Some tinctures can also be mixed with food or beverages.

Some studies have found CBD to act as an anti-inflamatory resulting in pain relief.

#1661 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

From my experience, that's when the Feds sentence you to hang over there behind the razor wire for selling too much pot.

#1662 5 years ago

Her only concern, is the pot dry, my kinda girl!

pot1 (resized).jpgpot1 (resized).jpg
    #1663 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

About 15 years ago in Southern California, a new family moved into the nieghborhood. Very cool people kids the husband was from England. Immigrated a long time ago.

Great people.

One night the ambulance took him away, the next day we all asked him what happened.

He Had tried some of the local medical marijuana.

He had a pot hangover which included he had to explain it to everyone in the neighbor hood. That happened to me one time I got too high. I went to bed.

Cheers!

#1664 5 years ago

XJ-17 high thc yield strain is tasting very good today.

#1665 5 years ago

Has anyone heard of 50+% thc bud? I've heard of distillate and extracts in the 70 to 90% range but bud?

I was hanging out with a bunch of 20 year olds this weekend and were showing me jars of a $25/gram 55%thc strain. I felt like was in science class again with all their glass bongs, one hitters and fancy ways of getting high. They were calling me grandpa for wanting to roll a joint!

Just ate a couple 25% sour gummies soothers they gave me

#1666 5 years ago

Never heard of 55% thc. (Bud I'd sure like to smoke it) Maybe 55% sativa 45 % indica or a hybrid. Mid 30% thc seems to be Highest any grower I know has heard of or produced.

#1667 5 years ago

Highest I heard of was a 42% Gods Gift Strain from Buddy Boy Farms in WA. It was featured in an issue of Marijuana Venture. From what I remember the conclusion from the article was that the results were debatable.

I personally don't think its possible to surpass 32% realistically; even that seems a bit high. In my experience a 20% testing bud can hit you just as hard as one testing at 30%. The terpene profile is what really matters most in my opinion.

#1668 5 years ago

The dispensary was selling it as 51% thc. Some kind of guerilla strain? Dude paid $80 for a 1/8th. I said bullshit till I saw the label on the bottle. Showed me his receipt also. Almost like he was proud he paid so much.

Personally I think the dispensary is full of shit. Never heard of 35% strains, let alone 50%

Quoted from jamesmc:

Never heard of 55% thc. (Bud I'd sure like to smoke it) Maybe 55% sativa 45 % indica or a hybrid. Mid 30% thc seems to be Highest any grower I know has heard of or produced.

#1669 5 years ago

I've found dispensaries to be great when you're traveling and in need. But way, way pricey, and more for the average person, than an old skool stoner. I also haven't met a budtender who I could learn from in a dispensary. I've ordered delivery from many different delivery businesses, as some have better prices for edibles, and some for buds. Ive had growers deliver who could teach experts, on down to 18 year olds delivering like it's a pizza. Its definitely a new world, with the market ultimately determining pricing when product is so readily available. These are great days for us stoners.

#1670 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Has anyone heard of 50+% thc bud? I've heard of distillate and extracts in the 70 to 90% range but bud?

Only moon rocks. It’s Bud with hash oil on it rolled in keif.

#1671 5 years ago

Granddaughter is home from school this week. Looks like another pool day for me.

20181120_083411 (resized).jpg20181120_083411 (resized).jpg20181120_083628 (resized).jpg20181120_083628 (resized).jpg
    #1672 5 years ago

Must've been a moon rocks type product.

But the strains are starting to hit 35% near me now no problem. I can taste it when it's above 30. It's got this flavor, to me. I can identify when smoking.

Man those eyes get red. On some. My eyes not red.

Have a great holiday!

#1673 5 years ago

This is how the pot thc breakdown looks on weedmaps locally. Most dispensaries use the system that shows thc and other content too.

The results are verified. And current.

It's helpful.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
    #1674 5 years ago

Great info on weedmaps. And I'm sure with Azmodeus when he says you can taste 30+. You know, or will soon find out. I've found my favorite strains thru sales. A delivery company I use has a $360 oz price on their website on their top strains. But they have daily sales and 5 hour flash deals sent thru texts. Once or twice a month these strains will sell for as low as $225 oz for fresh killer. (Not older, trying to get rid of it weed). So I've been able to find 30% plus AK47 and Gorilla Glue #5 on sale for $225. But I'm always around and take advantage of the sales. These sales happen out of sheer competition. So many different incredible choices here in abundance that good prices are attainable with a little due diligence.

#1675 5 years ago

It's got a weird aftertaste. Or taste in general. Tastes pretty dang good. I know I'm in the right place!

The dispensary I go to should have some specials for Black Friday. They have great deals but they don't stack deals.

Actually they will for me, but thier advertised policy is no deal stack.

One of the deals is chocolate bars regularly 18 each two for thirty. Roughly ten bucks off I normally buy two anyways.

They have a good crew there too. Cute girls and nice guys.

Gtr in Fullerton.

I appreciate that they treat me a little special when I go in there. It's like cash just flowing in there, most people dropping hundreds.

I'm just glad because I need this relief now. Today, the last few days my skull has been hurting extra. I just have to deal with it. Thank goodness I am in a good place for getting what I need.

#1676 5 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

Only moon rocks. It’s Bud with hash oil on it rolled in keif.

I'm with ole Blue Eyes when I say, Fly me to the moon!

#1677 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

Some studies have found CBD to act as an anti-inflamatory resulting in pain relief.

I tried the edibles while in Nevada on vacation. Loved the Orange Cream tincture and learned a lot about the CBD and THC percentages for the edibles. 1 to 1 means it's 50/50 cbd/thc tincture and 20 to 1 means 20 times as much cbd as the thc. They also had hard candies, 10mg each for a pack of 100mg.

I haven't learned about the concentrates and shatters or whatever. You need a special pipe for them?

#1678 5 years ago

Ontario Cannabis Store is already having problems. As customers are being shipped mouldy weed in sealed containers.

#1679 5 years ago

Any black Friday deals? I recently joined a new site and has 25% off orders over $200.

They have 4 or 5 types of shatter at $225 for 1/2oz after discounts

#1680 5 years ago

Will or can someone post a close up pick of some moldy weed?

#1681 5 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1682 5 years ago

I tried the edibles while in Nevada on vacation. Loved the Orange Cream tincture and learned a lot about the CBD and THC percentages for the edibles. 1 to 1 means it's 50/50 cbd/thc tincture and 20 to 1 means 20 times as much cbd as the thc. They also had hard candies, 10mg each for a pack of 100mg.
    I haven't learned about the concentrates and shatters or whatever. You need a special pipe for them?

Shatters/ concentrates can be used in e-cigs with special atomizing heads. Or more traditionally they are vaporized on a very hot glass, quartz, or titanium "nail" then vapor is filtered through a water pipe.

8-bent-neck-oil-rig-by-diamond-glass-badass_718_1024x1024 (resized).jpg8-bent-neck-oil-rig-by-diamond-glass-badass_718_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
    #1683 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

Shatters/ concentrates can be used in e-cigs with special atomizing heads. Or more traditionally they are vaporized on a very hot glass, quartz, or titanium "nail" then vapor is filtered through a water pipe.

Damn seems as pot products get better they also become more of a pain to smoke etc.. Whatever happened to the days when we use to put hash on a pinhead under a glass??????

#1684 5 years ago

OLDPINGUY Thanks but, to be truthful with the exception of one or two of those pics that pot looks to be normal. The medical pot I get is always a little whitish in color on the outside and looking through a loupe it appears as crystals. I just had some of the reddish looking pot shown in those pics (Top third from left and bottom far right) and nothing looked off to me, even with the loupe.

#1685 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

oldpinguy Thanks but, to be truthful with the exception of one or two of those pics that pot looks to be normal. The medical pot I get is always a little whitish in color on the outside and looking through a loupe it appears as crystals. I just had some of the reddish looking pot shown in those pics (Top third from left and bottom far right) and nothing looked off to me, even with the loupe.

Mostly, you would notice an ammonia smell.

Pictures would only show a white fuzzy area, which is different then white "hairs" on a bud.
    It would also, if heavy, give you a soar throat, possibly.
    Best to just start storing buds in an airtight container, double bagging, or splitting into smaller quantities.....
    Storefronts are suppose to protect you from getting moldy products...

Nice to see quality Vape cartridges come down in price, and increase in quality.

#1686 5 years ago

By far the best vape cartridges I have found!

Screenshot_20181123-074704_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181123-074704_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #1687 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Quoted from WolfManCat:

Damn seems as pot products get better they also become more of a pain to smoke etc.. Whatever happened to the days when we use to put hash on a pinhead under a glass??????

These shatters/concentrates. Are they more potent with different concentrations of CBD or THC? How does the high compare to flowers and edibles?

#1688 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

This is true, unless you find an "e-nail" which plugs into an outlet and is digital tempurature controlled. Traditional nails require a crem brulee type torch and some patience.

Probably the main reason why I still smoke a considerable amount of flower.

These shatters/concentrates. Are they more potent with different concentrations of CBD or THC? How does the high compare to flowers and edibles?

In my experience the more CBD a product has usually means a less intense cerebral high and more body buzz. The concentration of THC does matter, but usually just to heavy consumers with higher tolerances to THC Most oil concentrates test between low 40% to a high 98% THC.

The high can be 10x the intensity of flowers. Edibles can get you as high as a hit of contrated dab but only if you have a low THC tolerance and it will take a few hours opposed to an instant high from the vapor.

I have a very high tolerance so it takes a bowl or two of flower to get me where I like to be. However it takes just one small dab of oil and a single hit with concentrates. I also love the sweet natural flavors without the burnt leaf taste.

#1689 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Mostly, you would notice an ammonia smell.
    Pictures would only show a white fuzzy area, which is different then white "hairs" on a bud.

I always put small pieces of banana peel in my pot to keep it moist when necessary and many times it would be in the bag like that for two weeks or more. I was worried I might be causing mold myself and not know.

#1690 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I always put small pieces of banana peel in my pot to keep it moist when necessary and many times it would be in the bag like that for two weeks or more. I was worried I might be causing mold myself and not know.

Try keeping your herb in glass jars. They'll stay freshest that way. If they do dry out a small piece of any fruit peel works good. Make sure though to burp the jar once that day then remove the peel the next. I like orange or Apple peel personally.

#1691 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

In my experience the more CBD a product has usually means a less intense cerebral high and more body buzz. The concentration of THC does matter, but usually just to heavy consumers with higher tolerances to THC Most oil concentrates test between low 40% to a high 98% THC.

The high can be 10x the intensity of flowers. Edibles can get you as high as a hit of contrated dab but only if you have a low THC tolerance and it will take a few hours opposed to an instant high from the vapor.

I have a very high tolerance so it takes a bowl or two of flower to get me where I like to be. However it takes just one small dab of oil and a single hit with concentrates. I also love the sweet natural flavors without the burnt leaf taste.

Interesting information and it makes sense. Thanks.

#1692 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Likely, yes, you are contributing to mold growth.
    Do you wash/scrub your Banana First?

#1693 5 years ago

The head shops all have stainless steel containers with lil moisture packs you replace.. keeps the nugs at a perfect level .not too moist..not too dry..I forget the level.. but like 67% or some sheeeet!

#1694 5 years ago

I use these, there like $2 each and seam to last forever.

89DE19D7-EE1D-47DD-9C23-1F7C417BBD24 (resized).png89DE19D7-EE1D-47DD-9C23-1F7C417BBD24 (resized).png
    #1695 5 years ago

Whats the recommended Humidity Pack level that is recommended?
    What about the Pack size ratio say to an oz?

http://mypharmjar.com/

#1696 5 years ago

Bovegas are cheap and most LPs include them with your order.
    Worked great curing my homegrown.

#1697 5 years ago
    20181124_182827 (resized).jpg20181124_182827 (resized).jpg
    #1698 5 years ago

The 20/1 tincture has almost 1000mg CBD in it and it's $60 for a 30ml bottle... CW Hemp sells the 500mg bottle for $74.99 and the 1500mg bottle for $159.99.

I'll either wait for CW Hemp's oil to come down in price or wait and see what the prices are like for a prescription after Utah works out the medical marijuana particulars.

I've talked to my doctor about CBD and she's heard a lot of good things about it too.

#1699 5 years ago

The 20/1 tincture has almost 1000mg CBD in it and it's $60 for a 30ml bottle... CW Hemp sells the 500mg bottle for $74.99 and the 1500mg bottle for $159.99.
    I'll either wait for CW Hemp's oil to come down in price or wait and see what the prices are like for a prescription after Utah works out the medical marijuana particulars.
    I've talked to my doctor about CBD and she's heard a lot of good things about it too.

Beware of Hemp Oil. Commercial sold "hemp oil" is not made of actual marijuana with cbd but of actual hemp. It's sold at health food stores, shopping mall kiosks, etc...It gives cbd and thc oils a bad rap. Most do not work. Check the labels.

#1700 5 years ago

I never noticed that hemp oil nonsense. Good advice.

There are 3,398 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cannabis-club/page/34?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.