Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,402 posts
  • 297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by RVH
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9841 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1555 (resized).jpeg
    April16menu (resized).jpg
    IMG_2597 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2596 (resized).jpeg
    Menu3-25 (resized).jpg
    17099159436172647014303925641222 (resized).jpg
    Up in Smoke (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4106.gif
    flap jacks (resized).png
    received_952889522882331 (resized).jpeg
    received_894006569137984 (resized).jpeg
    2-22-24 (resized).jpg
    article-2221346-159F97DC000005DC-695_308x185 (resized).jpg
    cadelandteddybear1 (resized).jpg
    R0010329 (resized).jpg
    There are 3,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 69.
    #601 7 years ago

nice setup!

do you do anything to prevent pythium?

#602 7 years ago

To try and avoid root rot I use H2O2 and small amounts of Calcium Hypochlorite. I also do frequent reservoir changes. Spider mites and root aphids are a WAY bigger issue for me. It's a long story, but those things are pure evil!!

#603 7 years ago

Is it cost effective to grow your own vs purchase from a dispensary?

Or is it more of a hobby type thing?

#604 7 years ago

I am looking into getting my own place in a few months then I can start growing in earnest. I always wanted to try my hand at gardening, and yes there will be tomatoes too as well as some kick ass peppers, and blue dream.

My grandpa is laughing his ass off somewhere to hear all this. But my grandpa never had this California sun!

#605 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I'd say It's a passion thing..not cheaper and way more work..plus you can invest a lot of time and money and lose the whole crop over bugs or a power failure ..but it's like a garden..people love their own creations..a sweet grow set up is like looking at a row of your Holy grails all set to free play! hahah

#606 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

The first grow pays for all the equipment and then some. Nutrients are your biggest expense. A 600w hps only bumps your lighting bill a bit and still enough light to grow a nice garden (4' × 6' box) Nutrients depending on brand maybe $100/month. You should average a pound per cycle (12 weeks) or somewhere in the 0.5 to 1 gram/watt mark.
    I don't know anywhere you can buy a pound for around $315.00
    WAY cheaper to grow your own!

#607 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

For me it has been expensive. I suppose it depends on how much you want to spend for equipment. I do intend to break even at some point, but that will probably be a while off still.

#608 7 years ago

Here's a pic of some of my supplies. Not pictured is a fairly large carbon filter, 400 watt mh bulb for veg, inline fans, more nutrients and 2 air cooled tubes with batwing domes (garage). I use 5 gallon pots with promix. I used to do rockwool but i like to spend a 1/2 hr per day watering and pruning/maintaining my garden. I built a 4 x 8 box with open front, mylar on sides and back. 1 600 retrofit hps and 1 400 hps with air cooled hoods. Basically no heat so no need for air conditioning. 1 standup fan blowing straight at plants. 50 pint dehumidifier (already had, $200cdn). Vent everything out the main sewer line in basement. We have equalized electricity bills and power went up under $100/year for 3 grows/cycles per year.
    Total cost of equipment minus nutrients was around $1300 cdn. First yield was just over 2 lbs and that included some hazes which typically produce less.

20170228_223318 (resized).jpg20170228_223318 (resized).jpg
    20170228_223349 (resized).jpg20170228_223349 (resized).jpg

#609 7 years ago

Its all fun amd games until your outsourced clones come in with spider mites.
    That will shut you down for a good year.

Growing with a license is a pain here. You have to sign off that the police can stop by any time to check and be sure you only have the number of plants you are allowed.

#610 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The Prison Industrial Complex would lose too much money.
    14.9% of your tax dollars goes to some segment of the PIC, and it's about to grow A LOT larger.

Yea... I wanted to post this news without falling too deep into my political views. I know a similar attempt failed in 2015. I'm not overly optimistic this time around either. Legal or not, I would love to see it handled at the state level instead of federal

#611 7 years ago

here is the tray of dried salad / shake from last harvest.

20170301_074907 (resized).jpg20170301_074907 (resized).jpg

#612 7 years ago

Wait till u get broad mites your gonna have so much fun

#613 7 years ago
    Quoted from loppydog:

I use H2O2 and small amounts of Calcium Hypochlorite

Please tell me more about the quantities you use (per gallon). I used chlorine in my last batch. But for me, with pythium, I am always fighting the clock. I use enough clorine to offset it and to last until harvest. I have a bottle of the strong h2o2. Does that stuff expire?

Quoted from BMHouze:

Its all fun amd games until your outsourced clones come in with spider mites. That will shut you down for a good year.

That's why I like to grow in the winter, so my grow rooms get to about 58F when the lights are not on. Spider mites do not like the cooler temps. I have gotten mites before, never did I ever lose a crop to them. Neem oil products will slow them down. Mighty-Wash too. The main product I use to slow them down to a crawl is Azamax. I time it so I can nuke them really good just before flowering, so that I don't have to really spray during flowering. Here where I grow, you cannot trust anybody with new clones. I always pre-treat and nuke my new clones, just in case. In the mid-west here, Spider Mites are prolific and you have to plan for them.

#614 7 years ago
    Quoted from Delta9:

Wait till u get broad mites your gonna have so much fun

Like I said, it's part of growing in dry, hot climates. It's not a show-stopper.

#615 7 years ago

My reservoir is about 10-15 gallons and i add about a cap full or two of the 29% stuff once a week or so depending on if it starts to smell a little. I don't think it expires. But frankly the H2O2 doesn't seems to have much affect compared to the calcium hypochlorite. That stuff seems to keep the res sterile. It Is labeled as pool shock and can be found at box stores or spa/pool shops. I cant remember the exact recipe right now but can post it later.

#616 7 years ago
    Quoted from loppydog:

but can post it later

Yes, please!

#617 7 years ago

Here is the recipe I use. I make a half gallon concentrate at a time.

3 grams Calcium Hypoclorite to 1/2 gallon water makes the concentrate. I then add 1 Tsp per 5 gallons to the reservoir. I do this about once a week or so. If you still get root rot, I would add more/more often. Your res should never smell "funky". Earthy is OK though.

BTW this bag cost $4 and would last a VERY long time

shock (resized).pngshock (resized).png

#618 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

Like I said, it's part of growing in dry, hot climates. It's not a show-stopper.

You have no idea what im talking about

#619 7 years ago
    Quoted from loppydog:

3 grams Calcium Hypoclorite to 1/2 gallon water makes the concentrate. I then add 1 Tsp per 5 gallons to the reservoir. I do this about once a week or so. If you still get root rot, I would add more/more often. Your res should never smell "funky". Earthy is OK though.
    BTW this bag cost $4 and would last a VERY long time

Yuk yuk yuk your putting that in your plant for root rot disgusting

#620 7 years ago
    Quoted from Delta9:

You have no idea what im talking about

Then don't take my word for it. I'm not saying mites are OK. I'm just saying you can spray for 'em and delay them enough to flower. It still sucks.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-broad-mites

"However, if you get desparate treating plants daily with Neem oil is very effective at killing broad mites when nothing seems to be working."

Azamax is a neem oil product. I already posted about it just above this thread. Also this article mentions Mighty Wash, as I previously posted also.

I don't pretend to know everything, but I have grown enough to have been hit by spider mites and have never lost a plant to them. Now, I also did get hit with pythium once, and lost a plant to it. But I was inexperienced with the concept at the time...

#621 7 years ago
    Quoted from loppydog:

Thank you so much! I will research this. Cheers!

#622 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

Then don't take my word for it. I'm not saying mites are OK. I'm just saying you can spray for 'em and delay them enough to flower. It still sucks.
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-broad-mites
    "However, if you get desparate treating plants daily with Neem oil is very effective at killing broad mites when nothing seems to be working."
    Azamax is a neem oil product. I already posted about it just above this thread. Also this article mentions Mighty Wash, as I previously posted also.
    I don't pretend to know everything, but I have grown enough to have been hit by spider mites and have never lost a plant to them. Now, I also did get hit with pythium once, and lost a plant to it. But I was inexperienced with the concept at the time...

You have no clue im not taking your word for it cuz i know better good luck

#623 7 years ago

With growing supplies, is the best place to get them find a local supplier or is there an online go to best place for all supplies?

#624 7 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

With growing supplies, is the best place to get them find a local supplier or is there an online go to best place for all supplies?

Imo better to support a local business. Hands on help and support the local economy. Plus no risk/paper trail or shady tactics of shipping companies providing addresses to authorities. If I have to drive 3 hrs just to get a bulb and 3 hours back, I'm ok with that. Oh, and never have equipment shipped to the house where plants are grown.

#625 7 years ago
    Quoted from Delta9:

Yuk yuk yuk your putting that in your plant for root rot disgusting

This is the same stuff that is in your drinking water lol. I always get a chuckle when someone gets bent out of shape any time anyone mentions a chemical. Sodium Chloride!! You put that on your food!!!

#626 7 years ago

Make sure you pay cash for everything, or if you HAVE to buy some item online, use a prepaid Visa card that you bought for cash.

Don't ship anything to your actual address.

Now that everything is illegal again, you don't want to be on any lists of any kind.

Look at the people busted for buying Indian reservation tax-free cigarettes with their credit cards - we've got to keep the prisons filled if we kick out all the bad hombres.

#627 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Now that everything is illegal again, you don't want to be on any lists of any kind.

What laws have changed that "everything is illegal again"? Or are you making up Fake News? Be honest please. Thank you. The world is not ending and the sky is not falling. No Bad Days, All Good. Dp and chill.

#628 7 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

What laws have changed that "everything is illegal again"? Or are you making up Fake News? Be honest please. Thank you. The world is not ending and the sky is not falling. No Bad Days, All Good. Dp and chill.

This was all over the news last week, you've got to keep current.

Trump got rid of Obama's order that the feds not engage in enforcement in States that allow recreational Marijuana.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/02/27/how-trumps-doj-can-start-enforcing-federal-marijuana-law/

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politics/white-house-marijuana-donald-trump-pot/index.html

Faux News too:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/24/federal-crackdown-on-legal-weed-coming.html

#629 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

This was all over the news last week, you've got to keep current.
    Trump got rid of Obama's order that the feds not engage in enforcement in States that allow recreational Marijuana.
    http://dailysignal.com/2017/02/27/how-trumps-doj-can-start-enforcing-federal-marijuana-law/
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politics/white-house-marijuana-donald-trump-pot/index.html
    Faux News too:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/24/federal-crackdown-on-legal-weed-coming.html

I don't see any law that has changed, yet. But I miss stuff all the time. Things may change, but lets hope its with Congress to change it from a drug Class with opiates to a class more aligned with medicine. I believe Old Spicer indicated in the USA Today that Pres Trump cant change congress law of allowing MJ for medicinal purposes, so only recreational MJ looks like it, could be, possible, but not yet have the rec law changed. I could be wrong, but I have a med card, so personally no worries, no bad days.

#630 7 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I could be wrong, but I have a med card, so personally no worries, no bad days.

That reads very selfish.

Pot should be legal for everybody; teens, adults, the sick and the healthy.

But you can only keep the prisons filled when you start enforcing the federal laws again in the legal states....

#631 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That reads very selfish.
    Pot should be legal for everybody; teens, adults, the sick and the healthy.
    But you can only keep the prisons filled when you start enforcing the federal laws again in the legal states....

We agree to disagree. No Bad Days. All good.

#632 7 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

1/3 of our inmates are locked up for marijuana.

That needs to change.

I'm not sure how any compassionate person can disagree with that.

#633 7 years ago

Prisons are state run and states have a obligation or contract to incarcerate a certain number of people to fill the prisons and this is a law they have used to do it.
    I hope we will not keep repeating this mistake.
    RVH

Edit- prisons are maby privately run. But the state dose have a obligation to fill them. I'm not really an expert.

#634 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

1/3 of our inmates are locked up for marijuana.

I cannot believe we are paying tax dollars for this!

End rant.

#635 7 years ago

To be honest I don't think the fed will get involved.

IMO it's all talk. Just like Obama closing Guantanamo.

Sometimes ya just gotta put on a tie & tell old conservative people shit they want to hear.

#636 7 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

There are plenty of bad days for people, mostly minorities, getting locked up on bullshit marijuana charges. I'm assuming you're white - so am I - so we get away with a lot of shit. 'Ol dude or dudette that wants to spark a joint in the hood or la raza might not be so lucky, and those are the people I fear for.

#637 7 years ago

This could be some of the original Cannabis Club Founding Fathers taken as a group selfie from back in the 1600's...

IMG_8522 (resized).JPGIMG_8522 (resized).JPG

IMG_8521 (resized).JPGIMG_8521 (resized).JPG

IMG_8523 (resized).JPGIMG_8523 (resized).JPG

IMG_8524 (resized).JPGIMG_8524 (resized).JPG

IMG_8526 (resized).JPGIMG_8526 (resized).JPG

IMG_8525 (resized).JPGIMG_8525 (resized).JPG

#638 7 years ago

Got a sweet 4-pak today... Dutch lady, cheese, grape god, & some white widow! Mmmm Dutch lady is the early favourite!

#639 7 years ago

Love me some uk cheese.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:Got a sweet 4-pak today... Dutch lady, cheese, grape god, & some white widow! Mmmm Dutch lady is the early favourite!

#640 7 years ago

Ya..I was surprised by how dank the cheese is! Nice nugs.. my friend just brought over a gift for me !! Fat kid's dream!

1488694234049-2046641975 (resized).jpg1488694234049-2046641975 (resized).jpg

#641 7 years ago

March 22, 1975 was another good day, as I was a sophomore at Benet Academy, Lisle IL in art class as my only option other than typing. The fact I graduated is amazing!! So much so I go by BenetBoy78..LOL! Way too many stories, but pics tell a story...

Naperville IL had a record shop known as Blue Skies Records and Tapes where there had a head shop with "cool" stuff including a Ceramic Owl Ice Bong. I didn't have any money back in the early '70's (I made $5.00 to caddy 18 holes every Saturday) in those days and bought vinyl, and also, the bong was too bulky and heavy to hide under our coats to steal, so I made one. After it came out of the Kiln, Sister Paul asked me what the carb hole was for, and I told her it was a method I was investigating on how to aerate the False Aralia plant roots better as it grew in the " ceramic owl pot". Her response. "Ohhhh.... that's nice." Still laughing..... I can only hope Sister Paul is laughing too!!

IMG_8581 (resized).JPGIMG_8581 (resized).JPG

IMG_8584 (resized).JPGIMG_8584 (resized).JPG

IMG_8579 (resized).JPGIMG_8579 (resized).JPG

IMG_8580 (resized).JPGIMG_8580 (resized).JPG

IMG_8577 (resized).JPGIMG_8577 (resized).JPG

IMG_8576 (resized).JPGIMG_8576 (resized).JPG

IMG_8575 (resized).JPGIMG_8575 (resized).JPG

IMG_8574 (resized).JPGIMG_8574 (resized).JPG

IMG_8573 (resized).JPGIMG_8573 (resized).JPG

IMG_8586 (resized).JPGIMG_8586 (resized).JPG

#642 7 years ago

Has anyone heard of or seen these? They're called Karupt Moon Rocks Pre Rolls. 51%THC. Made with girl scout cookies, dipped in killer OG Co2 and rolled in killer kief. $20.00 each. They just popped up online, overnight on our site. Thoughts?

FullSizeRender-416x416 (resized).jpgFullSizeRender-416x416 (resized).jpg

#643 7 years ago

I've had moon rocks and sprinkle it in the flower grinder for that extra oomph. The weed is so dang good now, but I always go for high thc.

A question for the group.

I need the munchies. I have extreme nausea and dizziness. Nothing makes me hungry now. I can only work out, then get hungry, but I do not hunger. It's strange. Food no longer motivates me in any way.

That said what can make me feel better is now the thing that makes you hungry. I was hungry once. I no longer get the munchies, ever, never... Due to my surgeries.

Is there a strain that makes you guys just hungry as f. That's the one I need. Indicas work best, but I'm looking for that special hunger inducing strain now. Thanks.

#644 7 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Is there a strain that makes you guys just hungry as f. That's the one I need. Indicas work best, but I'm looking for that special hunger inducing strain now. Thanks.

You may find what you are looking for on Leafly.com. You can probably do a search for that effect.

#645 7 years ago

Probably the CBD to cut the dizziness and nausea is dialing down the THC it what you are using.
    I don't mind a little CBD to dial it down to a I can function level.

#646 7 years ago

After a nice 2 hr call from a helpful pinsider I'm off to enjoy some tasty Blueberry. Then to fix Johnny! Well maybe, we'll see. Depends on how motivated I am in a bit

20170306_154534 (resized).jpg20170306_154534 (resized).jpg

#647 7 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I've had moon rocks and sprinkle it in the flower grinder for that extra oomph. The weed is so dang good now, but I always go for high thc.
    A question for the group.
    I need the munchies. I have extreme nausea and dizziness. Nothing makes me hungry now. I can only work out, then get hungry, but I do not hunger. It's strange. Food no longer motivates me in any way.
    That said what can make me feel better is now the thing that makes you hungry. I was hungry once. I no longer get the munchies, ever, never... Due to my surgeries.

Og kush will make you hungry like theirs no tomorrow

#648 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

To be honest I don't think the fed will get involved.
    IMO it's all talk. Just like Obama closing Guantanamo.
    Sometimes ya just gotta put on a tie & tell old conservative people shit they want to hear.

I have to laugh at this. I and many people I know are conservative and we think it is ridiculous for pot to be illegal. It puts people in jail for a stupid reason and it allows cartels and drug runners to run criminal empires and make fortunes. Make it legal and free up our prisons and allow Americans to make money off of it and the states to raise tax money off of it so they might leave me the fuck alone when they need more money for something stupid. I see weed as FAR less destructive and dangerous than alcohol which destroys many, many lives and families. My Father died from Budweiser poisoning. Many of our filthy rich families in America made their fortunes bootlegging alcohol. As I have said before, I am not a conservative that thinks the Dems are all wrong and the Republicans are all right. I despise and distrust the government at all levels. Most are pawns of big business and are corrupt as hell.

#649 7 years ago

Johnny looks stressed. Think he needs a toke.

20170307_153548 (resized).jpg20170307_153548 (resized).jpg

#650 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Johnny looks stressed. Think he needs a toke.

He ain't gonna remember shit now!

There are 3,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cannabis-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.