ricou june 2019 sm (resized).jpg
email sent (resized).jpg
ted van gogh U (resized).jpg
cm all three (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 5 years ago

Ted, who was the creature hauling out of the water? Assume that wasn't Julie.

#29 5 years ago

I recently saw Metallica and Kirk had a Lugosi White Zombie and a Karloff Mummy guitar.

They looked incredible.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Kirk is a very good friend of my buddy, Kevin. Kirk has a VERY large poster and figure collection![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would imagine he has some of the original poster art as well....

1 month later
#54 5 years ago

Universal stuff is through the roof. I had a chance years ago when I was collecting posters to get some of the realart stuff (50's re-releases), but passed, and that stuff is up there now.

I do have a title lobby card of the third creature movie, and an original lobby card of the 40's version of phantom of the opera. That's as near the Universal stuff as I was able to get.

Speaking of Universal, getting my annual fix on.

The Wolf Man
Frankenstein vs. The Wolf Man
House of Frankenstein

House of Dracula is next

HOF is interesting, Karloff actually plays the "evil" doctor and he and he Monster get buried in quicksand at the end. I find even these later "monster mashes" to be pretty good. Glen Strange wasn't too bad and Chaney always delivered when he played Talbot.

#56 5 years ago

Don't tell me that Kong and Forbidden Planet are original first runs.....

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That Kong looks like it's from the 1952 re-release, but Ted would have to confirm

Even then it's worth a mother load. All those films represent a lost film art from back in the day. I even love The Man from Planet X at the bottom...great little film.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Freaking awesome movie. Both of them. Have you guys seen the Kong 2005 special feature where WETA recreated the spider scene! (I’m sure it’s on youtube)
It is a) amazing they were able to put it together from a few photos and a tiny piece of negative and b) it looks like it could just be cut right into the film!

Yeah, it was pretty good, but I think they might have gone a bit too far in the animation. But the clothes, lighting, and production all are spot on and took a lot of time to do.

Kong is just a great film, the multi level pane glasses used, the production, the effects...everything worked on that film.

Ted's collection of title cards is probably valued at what Roger Corman's budgets were back in the day.

#64 5 years ago

By the way Rdoyle, just watched your avatar. What a great film that is. I never realized how short it is. Say what you want about Chaney, but he makes that film.

3 months later
#78 5 years ago

Ted

What do you know of Dwight Frye? What did you hear about it? I always wondered if there was a backstory somewhere, hence the Alice Cooper song.

Also - did any of the old timers talk about Clive? There isn't much about him either, but what there is, sounds like he was pretty brutal.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL dude Wikipedia

Of course. Just thought Ted might have had a chance to talk to some people throughout his career who knew him or of him.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

My friend Julie (Creature From the Black Lagoon) died a few days ago. Very sad as she was a delight to be around. Now only Ricou is left from the original Creature!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Depressed to hear this. I am not ashamed to say she looks absolutely beautiful in that film. i know there is a double in the water, but she shines throughout.

8 months later
#126 4 years ago

All of the recent Universals have been shite. At least Frazier's Mummy was halfway entertaining.

That last Mummy film was horrible.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/candid-monsters-books-from-spfxted?tu=Methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.