ricou june 2019 sm (resized).jpg
email sent (resized).jpg
ted van gogh U (resized).jpg
cm all three (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Wow! Thanks! Yes, my buddy was the one who sold The Mummy for over $400,000!

#52 5 years ago

IS that an original one-sheet? that is amazing

#53 5 years ago

His Mummy was a half sheet!

#54 5 years ago

Universal stuff is through the roof. I had a chance years ago when I was collecting posters to get some of the realart stuff (50's re-releases), but passed, and that stuff is up there now.

I do have a title lobby card of the third creature movie, and an original lobby card of the 40's version of phantom of the opera. That's as near the Universal stuff as I was able to get.

Speaking of Universal, getting my annual fix on.

The Wolf Man
Frankenstein vs. The Wolf Man
House of Frankenstein

House of Dracula is next

HOF is interesting, Karloff actually plays the "evil" doctor and he and he Monster get buried in quicksand at the end. I find even these later "monster mashes" to be pretty good. Glen Strange wasn't too bad and Chaney always delivered when he played Talbot.

#55 5 years ago

Very cool! I have hundreds of lobby cards in a few rooms and 7 books! Gonna have to "thin the herd" pretty soon....

t1 (resized).jpgt1 (resized).jpgt2 (resized).jpgt2 (resized).jpgt5 (resized).jpgt5 (resized).jpgt6 (resized).jpgt6 (resized).jpg
#56 5 years ago

Don't tell me that Kong and Forbidden Planet are original first runs.....

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Don't tell me that Kong and Forbidden Planet are original first runs.....

That Kong looks like it's from the 1952 re-release, but Ted would have to confirm

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That Kong looks like it's from the 1952 re-release, but Ted would have to confirm

Even then it's worth a mother load. All those films represent a lost film art from back in the day. I even love The Man from Planet X at the bottom...great little film.

#59 5 years ago

Yes, Forbidden Planet is an original Title Lobby Card signed by both Leslie and Anne!
I'm not home, but I believe the Kong Lobby is from 1956. (there is one for sale at $1,200 if you want it)

1c7b0fa6350209143fcec19d613306bd (resized).jpg1c7b0fa6350209143fcec19d613306bd (resized).jpg
#61 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, Forbidden Planet is an original Title Lobby Card signed by both Leslie and Anne!
I'm not home, but I believe the Kong Lobby is from 1956. (there is one for sale at $1,200 if you want it) [quoted image]

Freaking awesome movie. Both of them. Have you guys seen the Kong 2005 special feature where WETA recreated the spider scene! (I’m sure it’s on youtube)

It is a) amazing they were able to put it together from a few photos and a tiny piece of negative and b) it looks like it could just be cut right into the film!

#62 5 years ago

Oh man I just remembered - Ted, the other day I saw you in a documentary Brinke Stevens made a few years ago called “Shock Cinema”, you were on a panel talking about a variety of things - really cool surprise! I’ll watch anything with her in it

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Freaking awesome movie. Both of them. Have you guys seen the Kong 2005 special feature where WETA recreated the spider scene! (I’m sure it’s on youtube)
It is a) amazing they were able to put it together from a few photos and a tiny piece of negative and b) it looks like it could just be cut right into the film!

Yeah, it was pretty good, but I think they might have gone a bit too far in the animation. But the clothes, lighting, and production all are spot on and took a lot of time to do.

Kong is just a great film, the multi level pane glasses used, the production, the effects...everything worked on that film.

Ted's collection of title cards is probably valued at what Roger Corman's budgets were back in the day.

#64 5 years ago

By the way Rdoyle, just watched your avatar. What a great film that is. I never realized how short it is. Say what you want about Chaney, but he makes that film.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

By the way Rdoyle, just watched your avatar. What a great film that is. I never realized how short it is. Say what you want about Chaney, but he makes that film.

Hear hear! Dracula is even shorter - I think it’s 71 minutes!

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Yeah, it was pretty good, but I think they might have gone a bit too far in the animation. But the clothes, lighting, and production all are spot on and took a lot of time to do.
Kong is just a great film, the multi level pane glasses used, the production, the effects...everything worked on that film.
Ted's collection of title cards is probably valued at what Roger Corman's budgets were back in the day.

Haha, wish I could have worked for Corman, and learned how to squeeze every single cent out of a budget! Ever hear the story about how they made “The Terror”? Corman has 2 days of Boris Karloff’s time on the books, so he threw a script together, filmed all the stuff, edited it -realized it didn’t make any sense(!) - so he gets Jack Nicholson to do a couple expository scenes. I love that story ! Lol

Still waiting for that Deadly Spawn pin, Ted!!

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

By the way Rdoyle, just watched your avatar. What a great film that is.

wolfman clipped bts (resized).jpgwolfman clipped bts (resized).jpg
#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Still waiting for that Deadly Spawn pin, Ted!!

It would be great!!

Spawn vs Kong art CUT col (resized).jpgSpawn vs Kong art CUT col (resized).jpg
#69 5 years ago

Hi! PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE...when you send payment with PayPal include your name and address.

cm 1 2 3 covers sm (resized).jpgcm 1 2 3 covers sm (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#70 5 years ago

Saw Sarah Karloff give a talk at the Huntington Library, it was a great show to a packed house. She showed some home movies including color film of him clowning around in the green Frankenstein makeup for Son of Frankenstein. Also some interviews and lots of movie clips.

Cue the picture of you and Sarah!

#71 5 years ago

Sarah is great! Was just hanging out with her last weekend at the Chiller Convention. Sorry to say she is getting a bit frail now...

#72 5 years ago

Haha love that Evelyn Ankers pic above

#73 5 years ago

Thanks! ....here's another!

wolfman nail cut GOOD (resized).jpgwolfman nail cut GOOD (resized).jpg
#74 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sarah is great! Was just hanging out with her last weekend at the Chiller Convention. Sorry to say she is getting a bit frail now...

Yes, she had helpers to get her around, but she was very nice and went to the lobby to meet anyone who wanted to and also to sign whatever anyone brought. I was kicking myself for not bringing my Vol 2 book with me for her to sign, what a dumbass! (Me, not her).

#75 5 years ago

Oh yeah! That would have been nice. Maybe next show....

2 weeks later
#76 5 years ago

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Monster Lovers!!

frankie thanky 2 (resized).jpgfrankie thanky 2 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#77 5 years ago

Let's get this thing back on track! Working on Vol. 4 now! Classic Science-Fiction Films!

CM 4 Cover 1 (resized).jpgCM 4 Cover 1 (resized).jpg
#78 5 years ago

Ted

What do you know of Dwight Frye? What did you hear about it? I always wondered if there was a backstory somewhere, hence the Alice Cooper song.

Also - did any of the old timers talk about Clive? There isn't much about him either, but what there is, sounds like he was pretty brutal.

#79 5 years ago

I think there's a book about him somewhere. I'll check...

Frye,_Dwight_skeleton (resized).jpgFrye,_Dwight_skeleton (resized).jpg
#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Ted
What do you know of Dwight Frye? What did you hear about it? I always wondered if there was a backstory somewhere, hence the Alice Cooper song.
Also - did any of the old timers talk about Clive? There isn't much about him either, but what there is, sounds like he was pretty brutal.

The Alice song is more about Fritz, his character in Frankenstein. Dwight Frye is awesome - supporting player in several of the original Universal monster movies. Specifically Dracula and Frankenstein. And right there you can see his versatility. When I was a kid, not having seen Son of Frankenstein until much later - I never understood why they kept calling Igor "Fritz"

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Cool - thanks.
What about Colin Clive?

LOL dude Wikipedia

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL dude Wikipedia

Of course. Just thought Ted might have had a chance to talk to some people throughout his career who knew him or of him.

#85 5 years ago

My friend Julie (Creature From the Black Lagoon) died a few days ago. Very sad as she was a delight to be around. Now only Ricou is left from the original Creature!

julie ben ted (resized).jpgjulie ben ted (resized).jpgjulie ricou creature (resized).jpgjulie ricou creature (resized).jpg
#86 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

My friend Julie (Creature From the Black Lagoon) died a few days ago. Very sad as she was a delight to be around. Now only Ricou is left from the original Creature!
[quoted image][quoted image]

How did I miss this ??!!? That is really a shame. Both her and Ben were such great people. Glad Ricou is still kicking!

#87 5 years ago

Yeah, but he's pretty weak now. I hope I get to see him at another show....

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Depressed to hear this. I am not ashamed to say she looks absolutely beautiful in that film. i know there is a double in the water, but she shines throughout.

#89 5 years ago

Yes!

creature julie adams pose 2 (resized).jpgcreature julie adams pose 2 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#90 5 years ago

That's IT! As of 20 minutes ago I am Retired!! .....working on Vol. 4!
Cheers!!

ted van gogh U (resized).jpgted van gogh U (resized).jpg
#91 5 years ago

Ted these look amazing!!!
I will have to check funds but will likey buy a set soon...

Also your lobby card room and figures is so cool! I do not readily collect this type of thing but your collection looks world class...

Good luck with sales

#92 5 years ago

Thanks pal!!

#93 5 years ago

Huh? I'm still on post 89

#94 5 years ago

What do you mean??

creature julie hand (resized).jpgcreature julie hand (resized).jpg
#95 5 years ago

Loved 1-3... can't wait for 4!

#96 5 years ago

Thanks pal!!

#97 5 years ago

Payment sent. I cannot wait for the books. Thanks again for puting it all together!

#98 5 years ago

Thank YOU! Please PM your address...

#99 5 years ago

The books can hang out with a sandworm!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#100 5 years ago

Whoa! What a collection!! More pix please!

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/candid-monsters-books-from-spfxted/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.