ricou june 2019 sm (resized).jpg
email sent (resized).jpg
ted van gogh U (resized).jpg
cm all three (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

CANDID MONSTERS Volume 1-2-3 Available NOW!

Volume 1 Contents: Interviews and articles with our favorite actors and filmmakers! In this volume you'll find over 100 Candid Photos plus interviews with Ben (Creature From the Black Lagoon) Chapman, Ken (The Thing From Another World) Tobey, Ray (7th Voyage Of Sinbad) Harryhausen and an article by George Pal: Filming The War Of the Worlds! 8.5x11" ...116 Pages...Perfect Bound

Volume 2 Contents: Volume 2 of CANDID MONSTERS in fantastic FULL COLOR! In this Volume you’ll find interviews with Robert (Day the Earth Stood Still) Wise, Edmond H. North (Day the Earth Stood Still screenwriter) and George (War Of the Worlds) Pal. Also actors Ann (War Of the Worlds) Robinson, and Creature From the Black Lagoon/Revenge Of the Creature stars Julie Adams, Ricou Browning, Lori Nelson and Julie Adams underwater stand-in, Ginger Stanley. Also: Feature article on Bob Burns finding the original Time Machine! 8.5x11 • 116 Pages• Perfect Bound

Volume 3 (Fantastic Television) Contents: In this volume you’ll find over 100 Candid Photos plus interviews with The Outer Limits producer/writer Joseph Stefano, Harlan Ellison, Robert Culp, Twilight Zone creator Rod Serling, Lost In Space stars June Lockhart and Mark Goddard. And, finally, Superman star Noel Neill. 8.5x11 • 122 Pages• Perfect Bound

......See Frankenstein smoking a cigarette! See the Creature From the Black Lagoon mopping the deck! See the Saucer-Men wearing loafers! See The Wolfman get a haircut! See The Mummy sipping tea! See Robby the Robot dancing! See The Mole People wearing an overcoat! See The Thing From Another World...and Mini Thing! See the Metaluna Mutant as cameraman...and so much more!

PINSIDE SPECIAL! $20 each [$6.00 Postage] or all 3 for $50 Postpaid IN THE USA ONLY....for Overseas, please use Amazon.com for the best Postage Prices!

GO TO www.candidmonsters.com to check out sample pages (click on the Candid Monsters Tab) ...or check out Sample Pages on Amazon.com

PayPal to [email protected] (add in note if you want the books signed)

Questions? Email me at [email protected]

The books are also available on www.Amazon.com and Ebay!

cache_901218089 (resized).pngcache_901218089 (resized).pngcm 1 2 3 covers sm (resized).jpgcm 1 2 3 covers sm (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Cool, just sent in the cash for my triplet!!

#4 5 years ago

Thanks guys!

#5 5 years ago

Awesome, Ted! Ive found my Holiday gift for my Brother!!

#6 5 years ago

Perfect!! Thanks!

#7 5 years ago

Thanks guys! Keep orders coming!

#8 5 years ago

Just read through vol 1 tonight, good interviews and lots of cool pics. Makes you appreciate all the work they did to create a movie for our entertainment. Nowadays of course they can create virtually anything to complete visual perfection with CGI. Yet for the most part the movies all suck.

#9 5 years ago

Received the Books Yesterday...Thank you, Ted!

They are Amazing! Pictures Ive never seen, and a great Read!
Mine are a gift, and cant recommend them highly enough for oneself, or a Holiday Gift
for Every Fan!

Excellent Job.....I cant begin to imagine the time you spent.......It shows!

#10 5 years ago

Wow! Thanks guys! Glad your enjoying them!

#11 5 years ago

Orders are falling off.....need another push...

Candid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_024 (resized).jpgCandid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_024 (resized).jpgCandid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_026 (resized).jpgCandid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_026 (resized).jpgCandid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_058 (resized).jpgCandid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_058 (resized).jpgCandid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_086 (resized).jpgCandid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_086 (resized).jpgCandid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_101 (resized).jpgCandid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_101 (resized).jpg
#12 5 years ago

Still have only read Vol1 so far, my favorite pic in there was Wolfman getting a manicure.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Orders are falling off.....need another push...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

which vol. has the most Julie Adams pics?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

which vol. has the most Julie Adams pics?

Vol 1 and 2 have a lot. Vol 2 (in color) also has an interview with Julie. (and other Creature people)!

Candid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_055 (resized).jpgCandid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_055 (resized).jpg
#15 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Vol 1 and 2 have a lot. Vol 2 (in color) also has an interview with Julie. (and other Creature people)!
[quoted image]

I think I saw you had some Ben Chapman stuff, and I’m sure there are Ricou pictures. Millicent Patrick? She’s the real knockout

#16 5 years ago

Yes! Plenty of stuff on Millicent!...and Ricou (who's still a good friend)...

creature millicent draw bts USE (resized).jpgcreature millicent draw bts USE (resized).jpg
#17 5 years ago

Ok you got me truth is, I meant to order these 2 weeks ago

#19 5 years ago

V3 is packed chock full. My favorite - Jill Haworth

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok you got me truth is, I meant to order these 2 weeks ago

Tracking for you! Thanks!! USPS 9505515791378250155175

#22 5 years ago

Ted, who was the creature hauling out of the water? Assume that wasn't Julie.

#23 5 years ago

There was a number of posed shots with Ben as the Creature. Some were with Julie. (color where he's carrying her) and some with the stand in (BW where he's dipping her)

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There was a number of posed shots with Ben as the Creature. Some were with Julie. (color where he's carrying her) and some with the stand in (BW where he's dipping her)

There’s a great story she tells about those color photos where she just goes off about how WAY off the creature colors are. It did not have bright red Elvira lips and the green was more muted apparently

#25 5 years ago

Yes...she's great! Still a spitfire!

julie ben ted (resized).jpgjulie ben ted (resized).jpg
#26 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes...she's great! Still a spitfire!
[quoted image]

Well I’ll never get the chance to meet Ben but there’s still a chance Julie will make it to a horror con near me some day! Hell, I met Stan Lee so there’s a chance!

#27 5 years ago

Many years ago when I was in LA I took out his daughter (Joan)

Ted & Stan Lee 1995 (resized).jpgTed & Stan Lee 1995 (resized).jpg
#28 5 years ago

I was psyched to get this shirt as a gift recently.
Definitely cant ever get enough of anything monster related.
I’ll be ordering two sets ,one for me and another to give as a gift.
Well done Ted and good luck with sales of this very cool project!

61E1DA85-31AB-4CBB-8204-180834D384AA (resized).jpeg61E1DA85-31AB-4CBB-8204-180834D384AA (resized).jpeg
#29 5 years ago

I recently saw Metallica and Kirk had a Lugosi White Zombie and a Karloff Mummy guitar.

They looked incredible.

#30 5 years ago

Had a family gathering/dinner last night....Teds Work was the hit of the night!
The books were passed around endlessly, with great stories and memories from everyone.

It Surprised me, that even the younger ones in the family were fascinated, and full of laughter
at some of the Monster Pics!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I was psyched to get this shirt as a gift recently.
Definitely cant ever get enough of anything monster related.
I’ll be ordering two sets ,one for me and another to give as a gift.
Well done Ted and good luck with sales of this very cool project!

Cool shirt! ...and thanks!!

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Had a family gathering/dinner last night....Teds Work was the hit of the night!
The books were passed around endlessly, with great stories and memories from everyone.

It Surprised me, that even the younger ones in the family were fascinated, and full of laughter
at some of the Monster Pics!

Fantastic!! So glad everyone enjoyed them! Thanks!!!

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I recently saw Metallica and Kirk had a Lugosi White Zombie and a Karloff Mummy guitar.

They looked incredible.

Kirk is a very good friend of my buddy, Kevin. Kirk has a VERY large poster and figure collection!

kirk and kevin (resized).jpgkirk and kevin (resized).jpgkirk-hammett-its-alive (resized).jpgkirk-hammett-its-alive (resized).jpgkirkhammettcomic (resized).jpgkirkhammettcomic (resized).jpg
#34 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Kirk is a very good friend of my buddy, Kevin. Kirk has a VERY large poster and figure collection![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would imagine he has some of the original poster art as well....

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I would imagine he has some of the original poster art as well....

He has such a huge collection, he put it out on tour last year. He had some REALLY cool stuff. Some of the stuff Ted has posted is equally as cool - that photo up there is all collector's stuff, I believe Kirk also bought a couple of things from Forry's estate, and from Bob Burns, which is INCREDIBLE. Hope to visit Bob's house one day...

#36 5 years ago

Yes, Kevin has been to his house and said it's amazing! Many original posters from the 30's and 40's!

#37 5 years ago

Got my books in the mail yesterday, and thank you so much Ted!! You get so used to seeing those same promo pictures over and over again (e.g Karloff having tea, Frederic March and the breakfast biscuit) and I think I have not seen easily 3/4 of these! I’ve been collecting and reading monster stuff since I was 6 and I thought I’d seen it all!

I love the interviews too, there are some great gets in there! I think Ray is my favourite...

To my surprise, I think the TV one is my favourite volume - I had just forgotten how much I loved the Munsters, and I am pulling out our Outer Limits DVD’s tonight. Not enough Twilight Zone, but I wonder if such a thing is possible?

I have a very cool encyclopaedia of Toho posters from a major publishing house which has been my “major find” for years now, but I really think these are better. Thanks Ted, wow!

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

They looked incredible.

I watched a live concert from France 2009 last week on the AXSTV channel and Kirk used a few of his custom monster emblazoned guitars. They are very cool ! I’m definately NOT trying to steal any thunder from Teds books/post but there is a great book released last year called” Its Alive” that has highlights from part of his collection that was shown in Salem mass last year. We wanted to go but couldn’t make it. As shown in the pic Ted posted above he has some Amazing world class lithos and movie props/ items. Definately a great addition and reference item for all you other (gotta have it all) monster movie collectors out there like me! If you’re going to just make sure you buy it AFTER you order Teds Books!!

#39 5 years ago

I watched that concert on AXS, it was OK. Definitely did notice Kirk's guitars. The real question is, does he have a Monster Bash pinball machine? Or for that matter, a Metallica!

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Got my books in the mail yesterday, and thank you so much Ted!! You get so used to seeing those same promo pictures over and over again (e.g Karloff having tea, Frederic March and the breakfast biscuit) and I think I have not seen easily 3/4 of these! I’ve been collecting and reading monster stuff since I was 6 and I thought I’d seen it all!

Thanks pal!! Glad you're enjoying them! ...and, yes, Vol 3: Fantastic Television is selling the best so far!

1 week later
#41 5 years ago

New batch just arrived! Ready to go!

cm 1 2 3 covers sm (resized).jpgcm 1 2 3 covers sm (resized).jpg
#42 5 years ago

Who's got better abs? The Creature or Boris K???

#43 5 years ago

Hah! ...but only one of them works for scale!

#44 5 years ago

Pinside orders went out today....

read cm gag (resized).jpgread cm gag (resized).jpg
#45 5 years ago

All 3 books are now in stock!

land unknown dino reads cm F (resized).jpgland unknown dino reads cm F (resized).jpg
#46 5 years ago

Just to hijack your thread here for a second, Ted - I wanted to post a couple of snaps of some art a friend of mine, D-tritus (https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2169922003037808&id=100000600894487&set=a.375663639130329&source=44)

made. I am not a pro photographer so hopefully you can make these out, I dont have the greatest lens for small stuff like this, but I think they are amazing

0DFFA068-83C3-45AA-959B-13A45891E692 (resized).jpeg0DFFA068-83C3-45AA-959B-13A45891E692 (resized).jpeg1ADBA39A-6F9D-442F-BA81-7F12F28C098F (resized).jpeg1ADBA39A-6F9D-442F-BA81-7F12F28C098F (resized).jpeg74D3B5F4-B2F8-47B9-8228-7CE7E4395005 (resized).jpeg74D3B5F4-B2F8-47B9-8228-7CE7E4395005 (resized).jpeg920178DF-0952-4CBB-BDB7-1A1381651A55 (resized).jpeg920178DF-0952-4CBB-BDB7-1A1381651A55 (resized).jpeg9C8A8998-C0D9-490F-BE72-7C611218C05B (resized).jpeg9C8A8998-C0D9-490F-BE72-7C611218C05B (resized).jpegBA65BFDD-0F90-446D-B850-AD750252EF51 (resized).jpegBA65BFDD-0F90-446D-B850-AD750252EF51 (resized).jpegCE570219-C9B3-428E-83E5-BF31D43C027E (resized).jpegCE570219-C9B3-428E-83E5-BF31D43C027E (resized).jpegD602D12B-F519-4FF5-9A64-6C510F287958 (resized).jpegD602D12B-F519-4FF5-9A64-6C510F287958 (resized).jpegE2E264AD-C3B1-4401-9F39-6F8E479CF46C (resized).jpegE2E264AD-C3B1-4401-9F39-6F8E479CF46C (resized).jpegF3F82DED-A39A-431F-BCA5-C0043D0FAF26 (resized).jpegF3F82DED-A39A-431F-BCA5-C0043D0FAF26 (resized).jpegFCD67ECC-218B-48DE-B7D0-C2C63FA14A9A (resized).jpegFCD67ECC-218B-48DE-B7D0-C2C63FA14A9A (resized).jpeg
#47 5 years ago

Received my books a few days ago... absolutely love them! And I was a little surprised to see the wifey enjoying them too. Thanks a lot Ted!

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Received my books a few days ago... absolutely love them! And I was a little surprised to see the wifey enjoying them too. Thanks a lot Ted!

My pleasure! Thank YOU!

1 week later
#49 5 years ago

Did someone here order a set? On the payment it just says NICE. (no name, address or email)

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/candid-monsters-books-from-spfxted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.