(Topic ID: 223022)

Cancer sucks. A Pinhead Needs Our Help

By Xerico

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

erron (resized).jpg
    8AE11C02-0CCF-41E6-836D-F368CAEC45D2 (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

A good friend of mine is fighting the battle of his life.

His name is Erron Porter and he is now fighting a life threatening form of cancer.

He is the pinball repair genius. He can fix any MPU. He can fix EMs. He is amazing and a great asset to our local community.

And now he needs help paying for his cancer treatment. So a Go Fund me has been set up and all of his close friends are reaching out everywhere we can to help get the word out.

So please, if you are able to help, please visit the site and donate.

https://www.gofundme.com/enlist-the-power-for-erron-porter

My sincerest thanks.

Marcus

#2 5 years ago

He's in Texas. Have him goto The Burzynski Clinic. Dude is no joke....he cured my niece's Glioblastoma over 20 years ago and it has never returned. The guy is legit but the Texas Medical Board has been trying to shut this guy down for almost 30 years!

http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/

#3 5 years ago

We have raised almost 50% of the target funds. Please consider donating.

Thanks.

Marcus

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

He's in Texas. Have him goto The Burzynski Clinic. Dude is no joke....he cured my niece's Glioblastoma over 20 years ago and it has never returned. The guy is legit but the Texas Medical Board has been trying to shut this guy down for almost 30 years!

FWIW, there is a feature-length documentary about Burzynski and his work, which I think may be available from Netflix.

#5 5 years ago

Erron is amazing and I can’t praise him enough. For those that don’t know, he is our lead full time technician here at FUN and has been with our company for several years. If you’ve purchased a pre-owned machine from us within the last 8 years I guarantee Erron has put his hands in it.

A month or so ago I posted here on pinside that we were looking for a full time technician to work along side Erron as our business has been on a steady incline week after week. Never would I have thought when I posted the job opening that this position may be as his replacement. It saddens me and all of us in the local DFW community as Erron is so young.

Wishing him a full and speedy recovery. Cancer sucks and I want Erron to kick it’s ass!

8AE11C02-0CCF-41E6-836D-F368CAEC45D2 (resized).png8AE11C02-0CCF-41E6-836D-F368CAEC45D2 (resized).png
    #6 5 years ago

I am sorry to hear this news. I will try to donate if I can. I have battled cancer, myself.

Prayers and well-being to Erron

-AVH

#7 5 years ago

My condolences. I've had many medical problems in the last few years, so I know what he is going through. I wish I was in a position to help financially but unfortunately my stroke and open heart surgeries along with my back surgery, depleted my resources. I will do what I can. All the best
    Jeff

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Thank you for your recommendation. I have passed the infomation about the Burzynski Clinic onto his girlfriend for her to research further.

Also a special thank you to those in our pinside family and local pinball community that have contributed so far. Your generous donations will
    definitely help him out in this time of need.

Erron is a part of our family and a great asset to our company. We know he would be here if he could....he literally was trying to suffer through the pain and
    be here at work last week,until the pain became too much on Wednesday and he was admitted into to the hospital for emergency surgery. We figured his
    determination to continue work was his will to "get the job done" as well as take his mind off of the internal pain he was experiencing. As a company I'm proud to say we are taking care of our guy. Erron who is paid hourly, will continue to be paid in his absence.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

My condolences. I've had many medical problems in the last few years, so I know what he is going through. I wish I was in a position to help financially but unfortunately my stroke and open heart surgeries along with my back surgery, depleted my resources. I will do what I can. All the best
    Jeff

Jeff,

Sometimes sharing his link and story is just as valuable as donating money. Since you are not in a position to help financially, perhaps you can share his story and the link to his go fund me page with your family and friends. Spreading his story could eventually reach someone who can help financially, and that would have only been possible because you helped him by sharing his story.

Thank you so much for your note.

Marcus

#10 5 years ago

I have donated what I could afford. I wish Erron all the best. I purchased my Xenon from FUN, so he probably worked on it. He will be in my prayers.

#11 5 years ago

Just donated what I could.
    My 4-year old son was just diagnosed with leukemia a month ago.
    He and I will play some pinball and say some prayers for you tonight Erron!
    Stay strong!

#12 5 years ago

Donation made.
    Wishing Erron the best.

#13 5 years ago

If he is open to alternative therapies, I highly suggest organic apricot seeds (Vitamin B17/Laetril).

My mother-in-law had bladder cancer that kept coming back every year during her yearly check and had to be operated on repeatedly every year.

I gave her a bag of apricot seeds and she took 7 seeds per day. She has been cancer free for the past 4 years now and the doctor told her he doesn't know how she is doing it to keep this aggressive cancer at bay but to keep doing what she is doing.

My wife and I take a few of these every day as well to keep cancer away. You can look up organic apricot seeds on Amazon.

More on them here:
    https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/apricot-kernels-for-cancer/

The main stream bad mouths them because they actually are effective without using damaging main stream cancer treatments/big pharma.

#14 5 years ago

I'm in - prayers and $. Thanks for reaching out to us all - just over 80% now.

#15 5 years ago

Just donated. Got my Safe Cracker from FUN so it feels like I have a bit of a connection with him without ever actually meeting him. No white flags Erron!

#16 5 years ago

I plan on donating too. Stupid Cancer. Whenever I meet a student with a high g p a I joke they might cure Cancer.

They usually laugh, but I'm planting seeds. Some one will cure it. I hope.

#17 5 years ago

Done!

#18 5 years ago

Just donated. Warm wishes from Dallas.

#19 5 years ago

Prayers is not enough, this health care system is crooked and has to be reformed... Having to choose between dying or losing all your lifetime hard-earned savings to pay for cancer treatment is shameful in the world first economy.

All my warm wishes... Cancer sucks

#20 5 years ago

I'm not religious so my fingers are crossed.. good luck

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I plan on donating too. Stupid Cancer. Whenever I meet a student with a high g p a I joke they might cure Cancer.
    They usually laugh, but I'm planting seeds. Some one will cure it. I hope.

Azmodeus..you one helluva pinsider. But even better a gooood human ! Sending positive energy your way brotha!

#22 5 years ago

Thank you!

#23 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I am sponsoring the go fund me for Erron. Every cent goes to him outside of the 2.9% to GFM which I cannot control. I appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers for one of our own. I also understand if you cannot donate. Not a problem at all. I just appreciate the good vibes!!!

#24 5 years ago

I didnt realize they took 2.9%. If thats the case, why do they ask for tips? ---i donated, but did not tip

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

I didnt realize they took 2.9%. If thats the case, why do they ask for tips? ---i donated, but did not tip

More of the racket...Don't tip.

#26 5 years ago

Glad to help and donated to the GFM! Kick that cancer's ass Erron!!

But also have to say it is a shame that in the USA we have to resort to GFM's and bake sales to help those that are most in need of medical assistance.

Regardless of party - please vote for those that are most likely to help solve the healthcare problems we have in this great, capable, and rich country!!

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Yeah, that's called a quack. Let's look at the evidence, shall we?

1. No training in oncology, no board certification, who
    2. touts a nonscientific, unproven, and unapproved "miracle cure" made from piss (which he also says cures AIDS and Lupus), while
    3. falsifying records, exaggerating success rates, and bilking thousands from desperate, sick patients for his garbage curatives.

Don't take my word for it though!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/15/stanislaw-burzynski-cancer-controversy/2994561/

My guess is your niece had an anecdotal and spontaneous recovery in spite of this guy's witchdoctery; many more have died gruesome and needless deaths. I'd like to think if I'm facing something as serious as cancer, I'm not going to bet it all on some charlatan with a snake oil cure.

#28 5 years ago

Sadly the best thing you can do is try and play the odds to stay out of the health care system as much as possible altogether.

But it still could all be for naught and despite your best efforts, the guy who works out every day, stays out of the sun and doesn't eat sugar can get terminal cancer at 22 and the guy who never worked out in his life who weighs 500 pounds and eats fast food 3 times a day, and lives in a sunbathing unit lives to be 97 and dies in his bed of old age. In the end, you can play the odds, but it's not up to us.

Prayers out to this family.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

But it still could all be for naught and despite your best efforts, the guy who works out every day, stays out of the sun and doesn't eat sugar can get terminal cancer at 22 and the guy who never worked out in his life who weighs 500 pounds and eats fast food 3 times a day, and lives in a sunbathing unit lives to be 97 and dies in his bed of old age. In the end, you can play the odds, but it's not up to us.

These are real words of wisdom

2 weeks later
    #30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Neuromancer87:

Yeah, that's called a quack. Let's look at the evidence, shall we?
    1. No training in oncology, no board certification, who
    2. touts a nonscientific, unproven, and unapproved "miracle cure" made from piss (which he also says cures AIDS and Lupus), while
    3. falsifying records, exaggerating success rates, and bilking thousands from desperate, sick patients for his garbage curatives.
    Don't take my word for it though!
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/15/stanislaw-burzynski-cancer-controversy/2994561/
    My guess is your niece had an anecdotal and spontaneous recovery in spite of this guy's witchdoctery; many more have died gruesome and needless deaths. I'd like to think if I'm facing something as serious as cancer, I'm not going to bet it all on some charlatan with a snake oil cure.

I was previously unaware of the "anti-" points you raised about Burzynski. I do recall laetrille being debunked, quite some time ago. But those who are desperate and have little to lose may try all sorts of things. (An "anecdotal and spontaneous recovery" can occur and be attributed to whatever.) Post #28 is correct, also.

6 months later
    #31 5 years ago

It is with great sadness to post that I have been informed that our lead technician Erron Porter has passed away today, March 12, 2019.

He was quiet man, a smart man that was taken way to early from this earth.
    May he rest in peace.

I will post more information about funeral arrangements as they develop.

Many thanks to those here on Pinside that answered the calling and helped the GoFundme on his behalf. The fund definitely helped him
    and his girlfriend with their mounting expenses during his treatment. Unfortunately there was no treatment good enough that could beat
    this f'n cancer.

RIP Erron Porter

erron (resized).jpgerron (resized).jpg
    #32 5 years ago

Sad news.
    RIP Erron.
    Here's hoping there's pinball in Heaven for all of us.

#33 5 years ago

Sad news for sure.

#34 5 years ago

This breaks my heart.
    My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

#35 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss. He will be missed.

#36 5 years ago

So sad condolences to his family and friends.

#37 5 years ago

Rest in peace

#38 5 years ago

This is so sad... my condolences.. I was hoping for good news when I saw this thread update...

Thoughts are with you guys, pinball is such an amazing family network of people and it’s sad when we lose such incredible folk

#39 5 years ago

Sorry for your lost. F cancer!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cancer-sucks-a-pinhead-needs-our-help?hl=misterschu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.