(Topic ID: 229091)

Canceling sale acceptable? Need some input.

By Colsond3

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Ok to cancel sale at this point?”

• Absolutely. 131 votes
      96%
    • Give him even more time. 2 votes
      1%
    • No way. Keep waiting. 3 votes
      2%

(136 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3274F4BA-B228-4E71-A425-E5710F18095B (resized).jpeg
    D08C7812-73EE-4A7F-9C9C-087771269229 (resized).png
    A0EFF593-F8CC-489D-B60A-D5F1D9DACC17 (resized).png
    15EC21DA-B580-495A-9BF7-62A2FBDC814B (resized).jpeg
    2F484ECC-DB7B-462C-A93A-7D11B1FB3E01 (resized).jpeg
    755754E5-CD38-47A6-BA3A-DC13EDE188E1 (resized).jpeg
    25E8083E-7B79-466D-973F-14788B8EA905 (resized).jpeg
    716FD284-9CDE-4004-8F30-019E589CF689 (resized).jpeg
    6010385A-A024-4DB7-8234-AA632A8BA873 (resized).jpeg
    A6D440F3-3892-480C-9C35-62C99C4FE600 (resized).jpeg
    3406E534-D3F7-4046-A599-7F8BF519D798 (resized).jpeg
    F3D3B94A-5264-4143-BA81-7FD5BA9A6F68 (resized).jpeg
    D2C80E68-8F91-4CF4-9C14-EF3C631C4724 (resized).jpeg
    F7C22BCF-A16A-46ED-BD4F-0FBAE2387D33 (resized).jpeg

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

Too bad that buyers that waste a sellers time with shenanigans screw it up for people who don’t mind shipping a game they really want and make it as easy as possible with payment and communication about the logistics( I’m one of these guys)

I’ve shipped plenty of games I’ve bought and sold. This won’t deter me from shipping altogether. Next time there is just a definitive time restriction on it getting picked up, and most likely some type of non-refundable deposit.

#53 5 years ago

If you don't think you will have any issue reselling the game, just refund the money and relist it locally.

#55 5 years ago

Frankly I think you are entitled to keep money. I would have dumped this guy in September.

#56 5 years ago

Speaking as a project manager who regularly has to prod ppl to act, my recommendation is to communicate one last hard deadline, like “After three months, I need to complete this sale ASAP. If the game is not removed from my premises by November 16th, I will be refunding your money and re-listing the game for sale.”

While on one hand it sucks to wait any more time for someone to act when they’ve been dragging their heels for so long, a lot of times we aren’t really explicit when we are trying to politely push for a resolution—they know you want it taken care of but they don’t realize that you have reached the end of your patience. So this message bluntly says “Do it now or its not going to happen”. It circumvents a lot of bitching after the fact of “I didn’t know you needed that done!!!!”

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Send him a link to this thread and tell him he has a week for you to be contacted by the shipper. After that it's adios muchacho, here's your refund.

I agree. Give him one final last ultimatum and set a date. After that it’s a refund. You seem to have gone above and beyond as a seller

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Speaking as a project manager who regularly has to prod ppl to act, my recommendation is to communicate one last hard deadline, like “After three months, I need to complete this sale ASAP. If the game is not removed from my premises by November 16th, I will be refunding your money and re-listing the game for sale.”

Honestly, I’ve done that twice already with a date certain. Both times his response was “I will get on it tomorrow.” Then I don’t hear from him for a week or two at all, if not longer.

In his mild defense, he did offer “some type of storage fee”, but that was over a month ago. I told him I didn’t want more money, I wanted the game gone. I was very blunt about it. Yet it’s still here.

I’m not sure I’m going to drag this out any longer. Thanks for all the input from everyone though, I appreciate it.

#59 5 years ago

You don't need our validation Colsond3, you are more than fair with any deal you make. Time to cut and move on.

Besides, I might need you to store a game for me!

#60 5 years ago

What's the title of the pinball machine?
    Never mind "Captain Fantastic".

#61 5 years ago

I feel like I've read almost this exact same post about a buyer in Canada a few months ago. What's the chance its the same guy? Absolutely cancel the sale and leave the guy a negative review so we all know.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Honestly, I’ve done that twice already with a date certain. Both times his response was “I will get on it tomorrow.” Then I don’t hear from him for a week or two at all, if not longer.
    In his mild defense, he did offer “some type of storage fee”, but that was over a month ago. I told him I didn’t want more money, I wanted the game gone. I was very blunt about it. Yet it’s still here.
    I’m not sure I’m going to drag this out any longer. Thanks for all the input from everyone though, I appreciate it.

There's loose definition of out there of a "reasonable length of time" and I think you satisfied it when you passed the 3 month point.

I would just refund the guy's money in a bank check and relist it.

Chalk it up to experience and move on. You get a dud once in a while.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I feel like I've read almost this exact same post about a buyer in Canada a few months ago. What's the chance its the same guy? Absolutely cancel the sale and leave the guy a negative review so we all know.

this one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-is-totally-jerking-me-around-buying-a-pin

#65 5 years ago

Refund the money, relist, move on. Not that it makes any diff, but does the 2nd payment imply 'paid in full'?

Boy, if I bought a pin long distance, I'd be chomping at the bit to get it home.

Wonder if he's just trying to buy and flip, leaving you holding the game until he has a buyer.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Refund the money, relist, move on. Not that it makes any diff, but does the 2nd payment imply 'paid in full'?
    Boy, if I bought a pin long distance, I'd be chomping at the bit to get it home.

He asked to break it up into two payments, which I had no problem with. Second made it the full amount. And I agree. Every time I buy a pin from a distance, I’m all over the shipping company to get it done ASAP.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Yeah, that was the one.

I remember that fiasco. It wasn’t Diablo on my transaction. Looks like that guy hasn’t been on here since September 5.

#68 5 years ago

You have 80 votes or 94% saying that the refund is the right option. I think that you can sleep sound on this one. Like others have said, you have been way more patient than I would have been.

#69 5 years ago

Sell the game to someone else, screw that guy.

#70 5 years ago

What you might do (if there is a next time) is what I do--take a non-refundable deposit up front--no PayPal accepted. I make it clear this deposit is not going to be refunded for any reason, and I won't return it. Usually the guy will magically come up with what he owes rather than loose his deposit.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I'd have ditched this deal a long time ago. Can one of you guys from Canada provide some input as to buying and shipping games from the US? Can it really be such a hassle, or is the guy really a tool?

It's extremely simple if the Canadian buyer picks it up across the border from a border storage company.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

WTF? How am I at fault here? The guy really wanted the game, and unlike some people that never even hold a game for a week for somebody, I thought I was being courteous and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

You are at fault because it’s been 3 months and you still don’t have a clue what to do. WTF! Sorry, but unlike the others here, your foolish 3 month, “benefit of the doubt” seems like a silly or maybe desperate move. I would be embarrassed to post it. Clearly I am not in the majority, oh well, everyone sees life differently.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Clearly I am not in the majority,

On the contrary, 51% of people are idiots.

#74 5 years ago

You are at fault because it’s been 3 months and you still don’t have a clue what to do. WTF! Sorry, but unlike the others here, your foolish 3 month, “benefit of the doubt” seems like a silly or maybe desperate move. I would be embarrassed to post it. Clearly I am not in the majority, oh well, everyone sees life differently.

I don't have a clue what to do? Foolish? Embarrassed to post it? Another meaningless post from you, as I'm used to seeing. There is nothing "desperate" about anything. It's a mint early production Captain Fantastic with a nearly flawless playfield (other than very minute insert wear in a location or two), a beautiful cab and a brand new backglass. At this point mulling it over, I'm actually torn on just keeping the game and letting a friend babysit it vs. relisting it or reaching out to others that were interested.

I see quite a few games in your collection history, and I've owned and sold quite a few myself. Regardless, I care about my buying and selling reputation in this hobby. There's a lot of shysters unfortunately, and I never want to be considered one of them. I simply wanted some input from fellow hobbyists before canceling a sale, which I've never had to do before. The buyer is a Pinsider, and I didn't feel like seeing a thread pop up saying "Colson's an asshole" after refunding the money, if the consensus differed from my thoughts on the matter.

Unlike your questionable posts constantly criticizing others, I actually respect most of the people and their opinions on here, even those that don't share my views on certain topics. So I asked for input, like the initial post said.

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from misfitdart:

It's extremely simple if the Canadian buyer picks it up across the border from a border storage company.

Good to know for the future. Thanks for the info.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I don't have a clue what to do? Foolish? Embarrassed to post it? Another meaningless post from you, as I'm used to seeing. There is nothing "desperate" about anything. It's a mint early production Captain Fantastic with a nearly flawless playfield (other than very minute insert wear in a location or two), a beautiful cab and a brand new backglass. At this point and mulling it over, I'm actually torn on just keeping the game and letting a friend babysit it vs. relisting it or reaching out to others that were interested.
    I see quite a few games in your collection history, and I've owned and sold quite a few myself. Regardless, I care about my buying and selling reputation in this hobby. There's a lot of shysters unfortunately, and I never want to be considered one of them. I simply wanted some input from fellow hobbyists before canceling a sale, which I've never had to do before. The buyer is a Pinsider, and I didn't feel like seeing a thread pop up saying "Colson's an asshole" after refunding the money, if the consensus differed from my thoughts on the matter.
    Unlike your questionable posts constantly criticizing others, I actually respect most of the people and their opinions on here, even those that don't share my views on certain topics. So I asked for input, like the initial post said.

Nice! I like that fire! This is exactly what I wanted to hear from you. Now take that energy and direct it to the guy who is playing you like a Violin.

#77 5 years ago

It seems you have given him plenty time to arrange shipping and plenty notices. Your call to give one last notice and refund or just refund. I say ether is acceptable.

#78 5 years ago

Nice! I like that fire! This is exactly what I wanted to hear from you. Now take that energy and direct it to the guy who is playing you like a Violin.

It was actually a didgeridoo

I already PM'd him about 15 min ago and canceled the transaction, was a little pissy about it in light of the contradictory info I was given by STI and NAVL when I called myself, and told him his refund is on the way.

#79 5 years ago

I dont take payments, I dont offer credit period, no exceptions.

Cash on the glass.
    First to pay, first to play.

No warranty on shipped games, they can pay for insurance.

We all know these rules, alter them at your own risk.

#80 5 years ago

Refund and move on man. I've been helpful and taken deposits for things and waited but I always had one month in mind to get it done. Unless of coarse a reputable Pinsider asked for other arrangements, then I would probably even do a few months but I'd expect current updates. I say refund on move on at this point.

#81 5 years ago

Aren't STI and NAVL the same thing, or did they split up?

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

It's a mint early production Captain Fantastic with a nearly flawless playfield

Hmm. How much?

#84 5 years ago

I had listed it for 1500, but was a little flexible.

D2C80E68-8F91-4CF4-9C14-EF3C631C4724 (resized).jpegD2C80E68-8F91-4CF4-9C14-EF3C631C4724 (resized).jpegF7C22BCF-A16A-46ED-BD4F-0FBAE2387D33 (resized).jpegF7C22BCF-A16A-46ED-BD4F-0FBAE2387D33 (resized).jpeg
    #85 5 years ago

I had the same thing happen to me with a guy from Canada. He gave me a 500 dollar deposit on a game and then months went by without hearing from the guy. I sent him an email a month four 5 months with no response. I kept the deposit reposted and sold the game.

#86 5 years ago

Here I thought it was the coin op Captain Fantastic.

#87 5 years ago

One small hiccup that I could see happening here is when the exchange is done back into paypal. the buyer might lose money pending what the exchange rate was back then vs what it is now. With that said, the guy has been yanking on the chain for way too long. You are in the right as the seller to find other perspective buyers and give the guy his refund (even if he loses on the exchange rate). Too bad. I drove 14hrs in one day to go from Ottawa to Boston and back...he had 4 months.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

Here I thought it was the coin op Captain Fantastic.

Me too! "He had me so worked up, I nearly soiled me armor!"

#89 5 years ago

LMAO. Here’s the actual pics. There is a little nip to the left of the bottom pop bumper that was touched up.
    F3D3B94A-5264-4143-BA81-7FD5BA9A6F68 (resized).jpegF3D3B94A-5264-4143-BA81-7FD5BA9A6F68 (resized).jpeg3406E534-D3F7-4046-A599-7F8BF519D798 (resized).jpeg3406E534-D3F7-4046-A599-7F8BF519D798 (resized).jpegA6D440F3-3892-480C-9C35-62C99C4FE600 (resized).jpegA6D440F3-3892-480C-9C35-62C99C4FE600 (resized).jpeg6010385A-A024-4DB7-8234-AA632A8BA873 (resized).jpeg6010385A-A024-4DB7-8234-AA632A8BA873 (resized).jpeg716FD284-9CDE-4004-8F30-019E589CF689 (resized).jpeg716FD284-9CDE-4004-8F30-019E589CF689 (resized).jpeg25E8083E-7B79-466D-973F-14788B8EA905 (resized).jpeg25E8083E-7B79-466D-973F-14788B8EA905 (resized).jpeg755754E5-CD38-47A6-BA3A-DC13EDE188E1 (resized).jpeg755754E5-CD38-47A6-BA3A-DC13EDE188E1 (resized).jpeg

#90 5 years ago

I also grabbed this out of a lovely dark basement, so it’s the brightest colors I’ve ever seen on a CF. Not faded one bit.

As it said in the ad, the cabinet colors were reversed on the first 100 or 200 produced. Front of the cab is red primarily, instead of blue.

#91 5 years ago

Found a few more.

15EC21DA-B580-495A-9BF7-62A2FBDC814B (resized).jpeg15EC21DA-B580-495A-9BF7-62A2FBDC814B (resized).jpeg2F484ECC-DB7B-462C-A93A-7D11B1FB3E01 (resized).jpeg2F484ECC-DB7B-462C-A93A-7D11B1FB3E01 (resized).jpeg
    #92 5 years ago

Is it just me, or does the card tray look different or maybe faded?

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Is it just me, or does the card tray look different or maybe faded?

Different now that I look at IPDB...missing the red outlines. Maybe switched out at some point? I always thought it was a little faded, but never even thought to look or consider maybe it wasn’t the original apron.

Shit, damn game is worthless now. Maybe I’ll just be placing a want ad instead to see if anybody has a minty original apron.

A0EFF593-F8CC-489D-B60A-D5F1D9DACC17 (resized).pngA0EFF593-F8CC-489D-B60A-D5F1D9DACC17 (resized).pngD08C7812-73EE-4A7F-9C9C-087771269229 (resized).pngD08C7812-73EE-4A7F-9C9C-087771269229 (resized).png
    #94 5 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

One small hiccup that I could see happening here is when the exchange is done back into paypal. the buyer might lose money pending what the exchange rate was back then vs what it is now.

Actually, Colson might lose some money also. Paypal fucked me over once by instead of taking the cash out of my paypal they took it out of my bank account claiming some reason they had to do it that way. This caused me to be charged with an exchange fee on a frigging refund. I wouldn't even call it a refund. Colsond3 this was also from a guy in Canada that made payment on a pin then turned around and wanted me to hold it for months. I was selling it same as you. Just needed it gone to make space.

#95 5 years ago

Relisted

Machine - For Sale
    Partially shopped/refurbished - “Early production Capt. Fantastic. Cab is unfaded in excellent condition, a few minor scrapes which I might tend to. Playfield is also very nice, with only one tiny spot of wear nea...”
    2018-11-11
    Langhorne, PA
    1,500 (OBO)
    Archived after: 5 days
    Viewed: 1244 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I had listed it for 1500, but was a little flexible.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

You would of been my all time selling hero if you got $1500 for a home model LOL.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

You would of been my all time selling hero if you got $1500 for a home model LOL.

Hahaha...after all the stress with this game, I needed to make a joke. I was waiting for the “WTF?” post.

#98 5 years ago

Just when I thought I had seen pricing go phukin stoopid... good joke.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

No that's ridiculous. It's not another reason to not ship. 3 months is way too long.

You got your reasons and I have mine. I've shipped too many in the past and the last three were nightmares and not worth the effort anymore. NAVL? Are you kidding?? There the worst, but again you have your reasons and I have mine. Enough said.

John

#100 5 years ago

You prankster Colson. Haha. I was like 1500 for a home model? People lined up? Good one indeed

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canceling-sale-acceptable-need-some-input/page/2?hl=poboypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.