(Topic ID: 20549)

Canadians! I got tired of paying $25 shipping on $20 worth of LEDS. Made this.

By sixsixtie

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Damien
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixsixtie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

You can flag this for spam and delete it if you want I understand.
    I was leding out my WPT a month back and realized I didn't have quite enough lights. I ordered like $20 more from cointaker and the shipping ends up being the same price as the lights. I ordered them but then decided I would try and make a site for Canadians where they don't get dicked for shipping.

So I found a manufacturer of lights. I basically taught myself (with help from another pingeek) how to make a website and I made this website.

It's still a WIP. I need to get some pics of the lights in action. (I sold my WPT, its a long story) and POTO is at a friends. But I did test them when I didn't have a camera and they look great.

Anyway take a look. If you want to tell a friend or whatever that would be cool too. If this gets deleted I understand and no worries.

http://bangback.ca/

Please don't look on mobile phone. It doesn't work right yet and I don't want you thinking it's a terrible broken site

#4 11 years ago

I found my own manufacturer I am not affiliated with CT at all. Just sharing my experience. CT has a great product and a great site. No hate on them at all. Just venting about shipping cross border but that is my problem not theirs.

Also I did it because I wanted to get my feet wet in the website building world. If I make a few bucks cool but mainly the experience and my passion for pinball. And yes I know starburst sells leds .

#7 11 years ago

No sweat, playdium is a big company. I'm sure they won't even notice or care about your business. So just come right on over But honestly when is more options worse?

My selection is limited right now but it'll grow with the site. I also hope to do a lot of the business locally.

Cheers

#10 11 years ago

I will be doing that in the future for sure. Esp the # of LEDS required for each game. As for colors, honestly it's a preference thing. I'm not going to tell someone what color to put where. Some people love colors in GI some don't. I wouldn't want to make a sweeping generalization. But yes I will slowly get that information up. It's going to take a ton of manual skimming. Thank god for IPDB.

#12 11 years ago

Let's do it the other way. Bring you guys into the 21st century

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from robbiev:

if they ever try to draft my ass make some room for my pins!

With a collection like that you can just have my apartment. I'll live on the deck or in my storage locker if that's cool with you

#27 11 years ago

Hey chris. Thanks I didn't mean you necessarily. I'll change that off the site completely. You have a great product and and good shipping and everything. But if you're not from Canada you don't know how it is. It's just everything you order you get dinged like crazy for shipping. I'll never be as big as you guys and that's fine. Another option for the frosted north can't be a bad thing.

#29 11 years ago

In the OP I was just using an example. I also said later that it's most definitely not your fault and you can't help it that it costs more to ship to Canada. It's us Canehdians fault for living in snow land. It's our problem, not the shippers. You guys have to cover your costs just the same. It's just how it works shipping to a different country.

With that said it's frustrating as a Canadian. Say, for example, your coil fries. You have to order a new coil and it's $20. When you have to pay $20 to ship a $20 part it sucks. Again it's not anyone's fault it's just the way it is. What ends up happening is you put off fixing your game because you have to wait until you have a big enough order to justify the shipping price.

I started the site to avoid that on what I can. Which as of now is just LEDS.

I can't say enough good things about CT and the product you provide. Just trying to help some Canadians out and gain experience in the process.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixsixtie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadians-i-got-tired-of-paying-25-shipping-on-20-worth-of-leds-made-this?tu=sixsixtie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.