(Topic ID: 20549)

Canadians! I got tired of paying $25 shipping on $20 worth of LEDS. Made this.

By sixsixtie

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Damien
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_customs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 11 years ago

Also I wouldn't sound so harsh towards American distributors on there.. not if you're looking for bulk re-seller discounts anyway

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't think it sounds like that. He just basically commented on the cost to get it to Canada, which isn't any American's fault obviously, nor is the raping border charges.

"This site exists because Canadians have been dicked around by American pinball parts sites for long enough." <-- I was referring to that..

but hey if they work as good as Cointaker LED's, all the power to you OP.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from robbiev:

I was thinking that the USA should just take over Canada,

You tried once, it didn't work out so well

Besides, we prefer the social healthcare lol! It's costing the wife and I $40 to have our baby! .. only because we upgraded to a private room.

PS. Welcome, Rob!! (it's Brock)

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Eff this new LED site, they want to charge me $25 in shipping fees for $22 in parts just because I live in USA

Actually it's cheaper for me to ship to Cali than it is to Vancouver! Way cheaper...

#34 11 years ago

I think the frustration lies in the fact that the majority of parts are only available in the US so it makes it difficult and expensive to buy if you're a non-US resident.. and that goes for the sellers too, as I understand y'all have some extra work to do on your end as well! HOWEVER, things certainly are changing (in Canada at least). Chris & Melissa have a deal going with Starburst in Canada, so buying their bulbs are much easier In fact, Starburst has done a lot to cater to the home collector in Canada. They offer parts via Marco, PBR, Cointaker and a few others.. and whatever they don't have in stock, they can order for you to save your shipping costs.

Just a suggestion to my Canadian peeps.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_customs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadians-i-got-tired-of-paying-25-shipping-on-20-worth-of-leds-made-this?tu=pinball_customs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.