(Topic ID: 20549)

Canadians! I got tired of paying $25 shipping on $20 worth of LEDS. Made this.

By sixsixtie

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Damien
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damien.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 6 years ago

Had to bring this one back from the dead after reading some of the comments here...

Sixsixtie, good on you for trying to find a way to get a deal for fellow Canadians. As an avid online shopper, and someone that owns a company that ships to/from the US and Canada, I constantly feel the pain of cross border shipping gouges.

And for those that think that there is a major quality difference between Comet, Coin Taker, and some seller in China... You'll hate to hear you're wrong. I worked for almost 5 years in the automotive lighting industry, and I can tell you as a fact, that most light bulbs come from China, and most manufacturing processes are nearly identical. If you buy a #555 2 SMD natural white bulb on eBay for $0.50, there is a 90% chance it's the identical bulb you're getting from Coin Taker for 3-4 times the cost.

If you find comfort in having "CT" stamped on the base of your bulb, then go for it. Full disclosure, I have actually bought bulbs from Comet due to the the simplicity of using their site, and I have a mailbox in the US that I can use the curb the shipping fees.

But don't fool yourself into thinking these bulbs aren't the same Chinese bulbs that you find everywhere else online. Go and take a good look at the tags on all your belonging, and see what country shows up

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damien.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadians-i-got-tired-of-paying-25-shipping-on-20-worth-of-leds-made-this?tu=damien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.