(Topic ID: 72635)

CANADIANS - Buy Parts In Bulk And Drive Over.

By flashinstinct

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by frolic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinballer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 10 years ago

We get totally F'd on shipping so I'll probably be in on the Spring order with you but the Allentown show is in May so we'll see...

Shows are usually where I stock up on all parts.

About a year or two ago USPS jacked international shipping rates. Maybe their reasoning was to keep domestic shipping low and in turn the voters happy (cheap ship within USA) but screw the foreigners to help fund budget deficits. Makes sense to me for them to do that. Canada Post probably did something to screw the outsiders too although Canada Post can be a joke sometimes like not being able to ship a fishing rod I had wrapped in a solid tube because their computer system wouldn't accept the dims to the mailman leaving a polk sub 10 houses up the street earlier this week and they even left it on the guy;s doorstep and drove away!!! Luckily good neighbour came by and dropped it off to fix their screw up.

I tried something new this week. I reached out to Starburst because they have an Ottawa "Regent" office since they took over all their routes. I had parts shipped to that office with their other shipments so the cost to me for shipping was $7 and no brokerage. Downside is the parts cost more and you automatically get hit with HST. I need to figure out what the price difference would have been vs. a us supplier but it's something to think about especially for small orders for heavy orders like legs. In this case I had a set of Bally SS legs on the order so I probably saved. Need to confirm that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinballer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadians-buy-parts-in-bulk-and-drive-over?tu=cdnpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.