Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by aeonblack
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

#1 3 years ago

Ever wanted to try out that new game, but you were strapped for cash? Maybe you're just out of room, but are not ready to let go of your favorites?
Well have you come to the right place!

This is a thread for people to temporarily trade their pins with others.

-Temporary trades only. We have a for sale thread for permanent trades. If people doing temp trades both decide they are happy with the trade after the fact and want to keep the traded games, that's on them, but the intent of this thread is just for temp stuff.
-Specify the length of time you want to trade for
-Specify the game you are willing to trade
-Specify what types of games you are open to trading for
-Specific terms of trade are to be agreed upon by both parties
-If you're unsure of a particular user, ask for feedback. Most of us know each other and can vouch for each other, but why take risks?
-Treat every game better than you would treat your own. Baby them.
-Use at your own risk.
-Help each other move the pins if required. This is a small community and pins are heavy.
-Trading equal value is a good idea for both parties, it helps alleviate stress should something happen that both parties have something of equal value.
-No shipping. That's more of a permanent trade thing.

-Don't be a jerk. Seriously. This is a way for more people to get more real-world time on more pins, don't ruin it.

#2 3 years ago

I'll kick us off.

I would do a temp trade for my BKSOR LE for a month or so. I would be looking for Deadpool, AIQ, stranger things, stern tmnt, stern JP, JJP Pirates or JJP GNR. Preferably premium or LE on the sterns, but hit me up if you've got a pro, I might be interested.

Would also maybe consider a trade for CSI, but that's in my basement so I'm less motivated on that one, would have to be something interesting for that.

#3 3 years ago

hope it all goes well , good luck . would be worth it for some looking to change things up

#4 3 years ago

Just temporarily exchanged games with Lymes this past Sunday. My LOTR for his TMNT pro, for 2 or 3 months, see how it goes. Exciting to have a different game in the home. LOTR made me feel like a decent player, TMNT is telling me different. Great opportunity if you only have space/funds for one game.

#5 3 years ago

Good idea for a thread, temp trades can definitely give you a chance to scratch the itch of a new game without having to commit to buying something you've never played and selling something you still enjoy. I just wish I had a walkout basement or a garage gameroom!

#6 3 years ago

I have a gorgar that I’d contemplate trading for a bit..local only w a reputable pinsider. Games that I’m interested in are firepower, blackout, joker poker, or an early ss

#7 3 years ago

Great thread I have done this as well with a local pinsider for close to 6 months and all went well.
Good luck all

#8 3 years ago

I am always game!! Dont get how it would work canada wide, but i am always willing to do it locally!

#9 3 years ago

id be down for temp swapping anything in my collection. preference of order.

AFM reLE
Ghostbusters Premium
BKSOR LE
MET Premium (road case)

there was a couple from St. Albert in the Diehard pinball league that wanted to swap me Medieval madness for AFM, if anyone knows them let me know.

Thanks

#10 3 years ago

I'd be up for a trade in the near future, anything in my collection really. No steps coming out of my place, nice and easy with a short ramp to the ground level deck.

Just need time to get all my pins tuned up and some small things repaired, finished a major basement reno a couple months ago and finally got everything set up.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

Just temporarily exchanged games with Lymes this past Sunday. My LOTR for his TMNT pro, for 2 or 3 months, see how it goes. Exciting to have a different game in the home. LOTR made me feel like a decent player, TMNT is telling me different. Great opportunity if you only have space/funds for one game.

Haha yes you went from one of the longest ball time pins to the shortest. Hope you’re enjoying Turtles, your LOTR is beauty.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

AFM reLE
Ghostbusters Premium
BKSOR LE
MET Premium (road case)
there was a couple from St. Albert in the Diehard pinball league that wanted to swap me Medieval madness for AFM, if anyone knows them let me know.
Thanks

If it's Chad and Christa their game is pretty nice and they are good people

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

If it's Chad and Christa their game is pretty nice and they are good people

Yea that’s them! Do you know if either one of them have a pinside handle? or you can PM me if you know how to get ahold of them.

Thanks

#14 3 years ago

Sent you a message glwt

#15 3 years ago

I would trade my IJPA for a Medevil Madness

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I would trade my IJPA for a Medevil Madness

Very nice IJ. Fun to actually use the upper playfield successfully!

#17 3 years ago

If someone in the Lower Mainland is interested I have an AC/DC Pro and a Sega Jurassic Park 2, The Lost World I would trade. They do need to go up a flight of stairs, it is a straight shot though so not bad.

#18 3 years ago

Anyone in the Calgary interested in doing a temp trade for a Stranger Things Pro? Has the UV kit and lighted shooter rod installed.

Would like to trade for any of the following Pro models: Black Knight Sword of Rage, Guardians of the Galaxy, Game of Thrones, Iron Man.

#19 3 years ago

Following I have done a temp trade in the past and would be willing to do again.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

AFM reLE
Ghostbusters Premium
BKSOR LE
MET Premium (road case)
Thanks

Pm sent.
I think temp trades are a great idea to get exposure to lots of games and will be willing to participate.

1 year later
#21 1 year ago

Sadly I don't think this will work in the greater Toronto area.

3 months later
#22 1 year ago

Thought I'd see about trying to revive this thread.

Up for trade is my mint JP pro for a 3 or so month trade. Looking for a GZ, MET, GOTG, AC/DC pre or AIQ in alberta or Saskatchewan.

Have a couple permanent trades in queue but this game is so good I'm not sure I want to let it go for good.

Can meet halfway or Saskatoon or Edmonton to swap. Blanketed and strapped.

#23 1 year ago

I meant to update this thread. Had a successful trade with Dr-Hex and we have another trade going on right now. I highly recommend doing temp trades, it's been nice to experience other games in a home environment without needing to fully commit to a permanent trade.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-temp-pin-trades?hl=pinhead306 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.