10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by smokedog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hi all,

Just pondering buying a game, and wondering if I have all my possible contacts in order?

Playdium/Starburst in Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal
    Jay Richardson in Strathmore, AB
    Nitro Amusements in Mission, BC
    Great Pinball in Halifax

Any others I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Luke

#2 10 years ago

Just for clarification, it appears Nitro is affiliated with Starburst...

Luke

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from lukerp:

Just for clarification, it appears Nitro is affiliated with Starburst...
    Luke

I think all the Canadian distributors have to buy their games from Starburst... so its not like there are huge deals waiting to be had (extra middlemen and what not).

That being said, Great Pinall and the guys from Nitro have been good to interact with (I have not bought NIB from them, but John at Great Pinball did a bang up job packing my Centaur, and shipping across the country was a steal).

Welcome to Canada, home of the NIB games that make American prices look sane

#4 10 years ago

Starburst is the distributor in Canada. All the others get there stuff from them then sell for what they can. That not to say they don't have better deals but just all are from Starburst

#5 10 years ago

Hey,

Yeah, if it weren't for the Canadian dollar being a bit lower now, I'd probably just get one shipped to Minneapolis and do things that way...

Luke

#6 10 years ago

But thanks for the information!

Luke

#7 10 years ago

We pay a little more, but the lack of handguns make pinball negotiations a little less stressful. If things do go south, we've got the free healthcare to patch up any dust ups too!

I've had nothing but great experiences with Guylaine at The Playdium Store in Toronto. 2 NIBs in the last 4 months, and some repair work as well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Good Luck

#8 10 years ago

I dealt with Starburst for the first time last month, they were great to deal with. And yeah, when the dollar was more even with the US, it made better financial sense to deal outside of Canada. Not anymore.

Edit: Dealt with Adam Keywood at Starburst. Good response time to my inquiries, everything went very smoothly.

#9 10 years ago

I hear Pokey's Pinball is a decent contact in SK. *whistles quietly to himself*

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-stern-distributors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.