(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider willathrilla.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

As much as people like to blame Playdium for the US$ rising and our prices with it, every time I compare their prices with what someone in the states is getting it for, it works out the same once you convert the dollar and factor in sales tax.
    Otherwise it would be worthwhile to drive to the states and bring a game home, but the only way that ever works is if someone tries to cheat the tax, and that has nothing to do with Playdium.

This hasn't been my experience. With the U.S. "Street price" of say $4,600 delivered, fx at.75 (or 1.33, if you prefer) and GST 5% they'd have to be selling Pros at $6,440, all in. I couldn't get anywhere near that, I checked with four resellers, including playdium and I'm a repeat NIB customer. There seems to be a $500-$1,000 Canadian premium on top of the exchanged price.

#119 8 years ago

I think all the pins at the Calgary airport are owned by SML and in poor repair (I only played the ones after I went through security).

#128 8 years ago

Anybody from Calgary heading to Sweetgrass to pick up parts soon? I'd like to take advantage of the $9.99 Marco US shipping. I'd have no problem throwing a few bucks in for gas.

1 week later
    #165 8 years ago

Anybody know a place I can rent an escalera in Calgary?

3 months later
    #299 8 years ago

I'm thinking about ordering a couple of colordmds. Anybody in Calgary need one so we can get the free shipping?

#317 8 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Whats Nitro at for Color DMD's right now?

Nitro didn't have any.

I've got one commitment so I'm good for the free shipping. PM me if anyone else wants to get in on the order to save on the shipping.

1 month later
    #502 8 years ago

Who do you Winnipeggers buy your NiB games from? Looking to help my Uncle pick up a Met Pro.

#506 8 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

You buy it and save him some tax,bring it down there,Lol

If it came to my place it would never leave, I've wanted a Metallica for a while.

Quoted from Malibu-SS:

I buy my NIB games from the US and pick them up in Pembina ND.
    There is no one here selling NIB games.and if they are they just order them from Playdium(like all other dealers)

Thanks, Is there a third party shipping depot you use there?

#510 8 years ago

I'd recommend Comet also. Shipping rates are pretty fair, good quality, speedy service.

3 months later
    #836 7 years ago

I ordered a bunch of the heavy stuff from Marco and pinball life and will be picking it up at the Eureka, Montana shipping depot. Calgary guys, let me know if you want me to pick up an order for you.

1 month later
    #904 7 years ago

Any other Canadians headed to Pinburgh/ReplayFX next week?

8 months later
    #1314 7 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Condition is king. If an OP takes care of their games, why would they be worth less?

Post a modern stern game for sale that's in mint condition and describe it as such. Don't say it's routed or HUO. Ten people will email asking if it's HUO. I don't have a problem with routed games and have many in my collection, but if it's been routed I want to pay less because I know I'll get less when I go to sell it.

7 months later
    #1954 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We're happy to finally announce that Nitro Pinball is officially a Stern distributor for Western Canada. Our games, parts & accessories will now come directly from Stern. This means better pricing, better service and more choice. I'd like to personally thank everyone in the community that supported our steadfast love of pinball and rallied behind our customer service model. In addition, we're proud distributors of American Pinball, Chicago Gaming, Jersey Jack, Heighway, Dutch & Homepin. Feel free to contact me anytime if there is something you need. Or, just have questions about a release. I always have time to talk pinball
    Silverball regards,
    [email protected]
    Toll Free: 1-855-366-4876
    Cell: (604) 226-5346

Great news! Congrats Tommy and crew!

1 year later
    #2582 5 years ago

Anybody pick anything up from the Edmonton game auction this morning? How were the prices?

#2584 5 years ago

You're right, my mistake.

4 months later
    #2667 4 years ago

Is the Trap closing in Calgary? Are the games set to move somewhere else?

4 months later
    #2753 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Anyone bought and paid fro something to Steve Young at PBR?
    How did you pay and what was the cheapest option to go buy an international money order? Post office, credit union? thoughts?
    I have an order all set up, just need to confirm with him first, and wanted to know what you guys have done?

I send him US cash. Never had a problem.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider willathrilla.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=willathrilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.