(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volkdrive.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#161 8 years ago

Powder coating in Edmonton try Boon Tek. I think there are one or two others too. They've done done some auto parts for me in the past.

3 months later
    #300 8 years ago
    Quoted from Willathrilla:

I'm thinking about ordering a couple of colordmds. Anybody in Calgary need one so we can get the free shipping?

That's the best way to get around our crap dollar right now. I waited until I could swing 3. Save you about 60-70....Note though, I checked earlier with Randy to see how long that runs, he told me end of the year.

2 weeks later
    #379 8 years ago

Maybe try little shop of games? Or pinball heaven.uk.

2 months later
    #666 8 years ago

Thumbs up to Stretch7 here who repaired my sys11 MPU after I blew up some chips thanks to following a manual with mislabelled connectors....spent a lot of his own time on it and I had it back in a week.
    Nice work Gilles!

8 months later
    #1038 7 years ago

If you want meat poisoning, Sloppy Hogs Road house on 118 ave east of 97 st. southern style BBQ, on big plates! Poisoning in a great way, soooo much meat!
    http://sloppyhoggsbbq.com/#!/home

#1048 7 years ago

....HS2 pf deposit down. Mine isn't bad, but a new one to have ready is worth it for this game. Especially with the mod options, everyone can make theirs so unique. Superbee, our dollars sucks, its a bad time of year to lay out extra bucks, but worst case you could always sell the pf if you had to later as well. Oh, and it probably won't ship until Feb, so a month or two to put a little aside for it.

1 month later
    #1113 7 years ago

Day and Ross still does I'd say, that's who brought in my RZ...

5 months later
    #1592 6 years ago

If anyone is going to be in E town and needs a pin fix, pm me. I'm up at 3am for work but willing to give you a little time in the early evening. Don't work on Sunday/Monday though!

#1593 6 years ago

Now that I have the power in the garage to support it too

#1595 6 years ago

The garage came out nice. Ambient lighting, flat black ceiling, tv wall mount above beer fridge. I've been compiling a video file from YouTube so there can be a music video playing random loop too. It's almost better than the 80s arcade now.

#1619 6 years ago

Like to thank the guys from the ACC that came on Saturday for the great evening we all had. Pinball, beer, and shooting the shit. Nice weather to have the game room garage open, and none of the neighbors called the cops on us. Even had a few interested in the pins and getting their own, so passed on info on Yegpin to them. Last shot before I turned out the lights at 12:30.....

IMG_1810[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1810[1] (resized).JPG

#1621 6 years ago

It was! Makes you realize that us pin people are a great community. No different than a car or bike club I guess. Just that so many people can have a great time together and no one gets out of line. Even when we start elbow bending. We just play better.

#1627 6 years ago

Sure did. Better Vince and I have the $ than PayPal

2 weeks later
    #1638 6 years ago

It would be in Sterns best interest to have Nitro. A company that is passionate toabout pinball and not the $! Tommy is awesome, and having played an Xmen at a Cineplex, they can't even clean and fix their own machines.

2 months later
    #1817 6 years ago

I have the pin stadium in CV, RZ is waiting to go in.

IMG_1924 (resized).JPGIMG_1924 (resized).JPG

IMG_1927 (resized).JPGIMG_1927 (resized).JPG

IMG_1930 (resized).JPGIMG_1930 (resized).JPG

#1821 6 years ago

The light show looks 100% better in front of you. It's a nice product

1 month later
    #1936 6 years ago

I've only ever used an aerosol style. As above you mentioned Gunk and Armor All. I've used both without issue on the Invisiglass and Jersey Jack glass. same rules as apply to tinted film windows in a car. Ammonia will damage it. That is most likely the issue. I've several sheets including 4 from Tommy at Yegpin and they're all ok.

#1939 6 years ago

Probably good time to make a mental note for shows too. A lot of machines go in with this glass on, mention should be made that the techs, show staff are to use a cleaner that will not damage anything when keeping the machines wiped down. Yegpin, I'd say we did.....there were several the last 2 yrs with invisiglass. I know my CV in year one, and Chad's MM last year for sure had it. No issues after the shows. Although I remember Chad's glass ram=ndomly shattering as he removed it. Fortunately no injuries and it was fully out of the machine so no clean up in there. I've had that pleasure, not a good time...

1 month later
    #2188 6 years ago

Tommy, now a lot of us would like to grab this. Extra $ if you bring some CDs to sell at Yegpin!

1 week later
    #2208 6 years ago

If you really want it, wait for Yegpin, last year Tommy brought a load to sell, and you don't have to worry about shipping. Also, if you want to see before purchase, pm me and you can see it in person on a couple of mine. It makes huge difference. Just don't clean it with ammonia based glass product.

#2210 6 years ago

I'm going to get some too, I need one wide though, so will have to preorder that one with Tommy I think. It's a great addition, just easier to buy it at the show for sure!

1 month later
    #2289 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Does anyone have any recommendations for external power supplies inside a pin? My Judge Dredd is pretty decked out, and with the PinStadium lights, it's finally reached its tipping point. I figure now is a good time to put all that extra lighting and stuff into its own power supply.

I ordered a 12v laptop power supply from Amazon.ca, works good so far and takes up barely any room. About 25-30 dollars. Using 4 of them so far. similar to what is used in a Cactus Canyon Continued setup for powering the amplifier.

#2294 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Got any pictures of the setup? Just trying to visualize how I would wire the 12v off of the laptop power supply. I probably have some of those power supplies just sitting around.

I cut the laptop end off and the attached a 3 pin molex, routed that into one of Pinball Life's/DK Pinball's 8 way power splitters. Or you could hook it into a 2 or 3 way molex splitter. Power is off a power bar the machine is on as well, alternatively it could be plugged into the service outlet, or rewire the service outlet to turn on with the game power. If you need a pic I can open up IJ this weekend.

9 months later
    #2571 5 years ago

3D translites are great mod. Have TOM, WH20 and MM. Better with LEDs though as they are layered for the effect and the thickness requires more light.

10 months later
    #2725 4 years ago
    Quoted from Waynezor:

Does anyone ever go down south to the various pinball expos?

Not yet, but was thinking of doing Texas show this year.

10 months later
    #2881 3 years ago

Metallica wood speaker panel (square) style grave marker/lightning decal available in Edmonton. Replaced with lit version. No charge, you just have to pick it up. Msg if u want it

1 month later
    #3012 3 years ago

Pure comedy. Marco order arrives with customs sheet and “ unopened”. They classified it as vitamins/supplements. So it’s a box of pills according to their scan, but they don’t open it to check....

#3016 3 years ago

Shipping was 20 on a 160 order. There's a certain way to do it on their site, it isn't well laid out though.

1 year later
    #3661 2 years ago

Don't have the room for sweet set up like Matt's (saw it during build and after - it's well done), working on garage room now though. A pin paradise.

1 week later
    #3695 2 years ago
    Quoted from thc666:

Is there a show in Ottawa this year?

I don't know, but if you ours in Edmonton, you'll be kicking yourself. Take a couple extra days and check out Jasper National Park too, or several other sites!

1 month later
    #3768 2 years ago

I think it'll be good with the added software. Actually makes 4 versionof that now. Original, CCC (I have and it's quite fun with added code), CCE and the remake. All are different. Theme is well done and art is great.

2 months later
    #3935 1 year ago

NIB prices are pushing 90s BW up for sure now.

3 weeks later
    #4032 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Hows that Rogers monopoly treating everyone today?

Dealing with pay station complaints from customers all am.
    Having said that, cash is king! Always carry 50-150 as a back up. If you need gas or food, you're still good to go then.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volkdrive.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=volkdrive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.