(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spinal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1409 6 years ago

IMO, ball saves are there to prevent players from feeling ripped off and getting frustrated so turning it off probably results in less money in the end.

#1411 6 years ago

Yes, I agree - turn ball saves off for competition. My comment referred only to machines on route - that ball saves probably result in more profit not less.

4 weeks later
    #1476 6 years ago

I noticed that as well noahd42, the largest gaming space I ever saw with only 2 pins?!? How is this possible? Shows absolutely no faith in pinball from the very company that controls the market.

#1478 6 years ago

I agree, who do they think are going to buy the games - people without jobs?

#1479 6 years ago

The website for The Rec Room in Edmonton:

http://www.therecroom.com/south-edmonton-recroom/Gaming/AllGames

They don't even list pinball as a category yet they have everything else you can imagine - even axe throwing.

#1480 6 years ago

Even at wholesale prices, they don't have enough faith in pinball to even have a small row of pins. It's 60,000 sq. feet! Someone should start a thread on this.

4 weeks later
    #1537 6 years ago

Was just at The Triple Knock in Tacoma, WA. All games 0.50 USD - all in super condition and dialed in. Nice to play AS LE for that.

image.jpegimage.jpeg
    image.jpegimage.jpeg
    image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

3 months later
    #1773 6 years ago

When it gets out of beta with 1.0, hopefully sometime in 2018, it might improve some.

#1793 6 years ago

He said we can never lose money on pins yay!

1 month later
    #1867 6 years ago
    #1893 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Now that's dedication. I love Google maps. Let's just take a 1hr detour to cold lake. Lol

Looks like Apple maps. Download google maps for your iPhone - much better especially in Canada.

#1910 6 years ago

Man vs Province

1 week later
    #1937 6 years ago

Ammonia can damage the invisiglass coating so it cannot be treated like normal glass - it is sensitive enough that even when using ammonia-free cleaner (I have the Windex multi surface vinegar stuff), directions say to not spray directly on the glass.

1 week later
    #2051 6 years ago

I didn't even know it was legal for companies in Canada to deny selling products to me based on where I live - learn something new every day.

Has anyone encountered this in other industries where you call up a company for some product and they say "sorry, I'm not allowed to sell to you because you're from Saskatchewan"?

Next question is, what if you visited another province. Could they deny to sell to you even in person, over the counter, because you live in a certain province?

#2128 6 years ago

Just for the record, I think it's perfectly legal to be a Canadian and buy a product from a store in the US. I doubt any distributor would refuse to sell to you because you are Canadian. Why even mention that anyway - nobody cares and money talks if you are there in person (but have to be there in person).

Either drive it back to Canada or have it shipped independently perhaps with help by a fellow pinsider you know. Either way you pay the taxes owed and all is perfectly legal. Have a friend in another province with lower taxes? Take him along and have him buy it for himself and then buy from him after he changes his mind about his purchase (or after he played for awhile).

You could also drive down to a show (or fly) and do the same thing.

Have friends who want games? Drive down together and buy many at the same time.

Of course all of these things make no sense unless it's quite a bit cheaper. And there is more risk involved as you won't possibly have a distributor to help you if something goes awry.

The main point is that don't believe there is only one way to do things. One of the reasons we pay more in Canada is because too many of us (polite Canadians) believe what we are told - that there are no other options. This is part of why prices are high here.

In any case, don't let anyone tell you that you can't buy things from the US. You can buy whatever you want just make sure it makes sense in advance. Our prices in Canada should be same as US taking into consideration shipping and taxes and no more. And not MSRP, it should be US street price - price that distribs are actually selling for. (Rant over be happy

1 month later
    #2211 6 years ago

Does Tommy bring regular glass too?

#2225 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Absolutely. We'll also have the rest of the JJP lineup, Houdini from AP, Thunderbirds from Homepin, Alien LE from Heighway, The Big Lebowski from Dutch/Xytech, the entire series from Chicago Gaming (including CE, SE & LE models), plus latest from Stern and a few surprises we'll announce shortly before the show.

Yessssssssssssssssss!

1 week later
    #2239 6 years ago

Less and less CDN dollars needed to buy those US dollars

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 2.56.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-01-17 at 2.56.04 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spinal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=spinal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.