(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixtyfourbits.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2415 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Yes, but now he'll get to deal with the 28 cents on the dollar USD-to-CAD exchange and 13% tax at the border.
    Welcome to Canada!

I was wondering about this. So to bring a game into Canada from the States, you have to pay both gst and pst at the border? I've seen some decent deals on games in North Dakota, but by the time I factor in taxes, the exchange rate, and fuel costs, it seems to kill any decent deals. Especially if the border tax is 13%.

#2417 5 years ago
    Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Yes....13% tax...and you need to have a Bill of sale

Thanks Rick! I remembered from a previous conversation we had that you mentioned paying tax at the border, I just couldn't remember the %. Thanks again

1 month later
    #2501 5 years ago

If anyone is looking for a bit of gameroom decoration, I found this cinema light box at Giant Tiger for $12. Not sure how many provinces have the Giant Tiger store franchise, but thought I’d pass it on. It’s fairly small, but for $12 I’m pretty happy. Comes with 80 letters so should be able to spell most things you would want on it.

6C245D2E-A89D-4BB4-8F1A-173CAB4A9F0E (resized).jpeg6C245D2E-A89D-4BB4-8F1A-173CAB4A9F0E (resized).jpeg

C6B1DE9A-3AA6-45BA-A969-990A3C6CBF64 (resized).jpegC6B1DE9A-3AA6-45BA-A969-990A3C6CBF64 (resized).jpeg

6 months later
    #2617 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Suggestions for buying t-molding in Canada?

As JoshODBrown mentioned, Retroactive Arcade in Edmonton has a good selection of colors, with fair prices and fast shipping. I've ordered t-molding from them about 5 times now, and have always been happy.

2 weeks later
    #2632 5 years ago

Hey folks. Recently I’ve been looking into the idea of buying a pinball machine from another province, and having it shipped to me. Up until this point I’ve only done in person deals though.
    My biggest question mark at this time is around the best way to pay so that I have solid protection as a buyer. Is PayPal the most common for long distance buys? I know that cash on the glass is best, but I’m curious what is best when that’s not possible.
    Thanks!

3 months later
    #2672 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Any other Canadian metalheads heading to this show?[quoted image]

I wish I was, that’s an awesome lineup.

11 months later
    #2834 3 years ago

So my son has been getting more and more into superheroes lately, and so I’ve been thinking more and more about getting a superhero pinball machine. With that said, I just picked up a t2, so the budget is a bit tight. I know there’s quite a few superhero dmd pins out there, but which tend to be the cheapest usually in Canada? I was thinking an avengers pro or x-men pro, but maybe I’m forgetting a different one.

#2842 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

My friend in Edmonton just paid 3400 for a decent one within 3 months. Seller wanted 4k with color dmd or 3400 without.
    Most good deals happen between collectors. If someone lists a game on kijiji and it's not gone within a day, it's probably listed too high.

I can’t believe I forgot about batman forever. That’s one Id love to add that I think my son would like too.
    Was the one your friend found listed on kijiji about half a year ago? I remember seeing one listed on Edmonton kijiji, but it was the same time I was buying a baywatch so I didn’t get it. It looked like a solid deal though.

2 months later
    #2854 3 years ago

Hey my fellow Canadians,
    I didn’t want to sidetrack the what’s for sale thread, so am posting here. I haven’t ever really followed stern LE prices in Canada, so I was wondering, what stern LEs can be had for $9500 Canadian or less? Here’s the ones I know of, but I know I’m likely missing some:
    Transformers
    X-men
    Original stern avengers
    Black Spider-Man
    AC/DC (this one I realize now isn’t right, I was thinking premium prices)
    Mustang
    Wwe wrestlemania

Also inline with this, how much do ghostbusters LEs tend to go for at this time?

#2856 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I think u should order an Avengers premium dude! And enjoy the faaaak out of it!

How much do premiums roughly run these days after dollar conversion and taxes?

#2861 3 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Just sold the LOTR LE for under 10,000.00

I was happy for you that it sold so quickly, but sad that it wasn’t Sold to me lol. Congrats again on the sale!

2 months later
    #3013 3 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Pure comedy. Marco order arrives with customs sheet and “ unopened”. They classified it as vitamins/supplements. So it’s a box of pills according to their scan, but they don’t open it to check....

How was the shipping rate they charged you? I went to put an order in, and they wanted $124 shipping and $80 for customs. $200us on a $350us order. I thought they said they drastically improved their Canada shipping, but sadly I'm not seeing it.

#3018 3 years ago

Has anyone here had it shipped to an American location? I have a buddy who said he'd receive it for me and then ship to Canada, but I can't seem to get the site to let me ship to an American address, but pay with a Canadian visa. But I'm sure others have done this with shipping to a border service before, so it must be possible.

#3023 3 years ago

Thanks for the help and advice everyone.
    Just as a bit of follow up:
    In the end, I had a good friend from Ohio offer to order the parts for me. He ordered them to his address, and then will ship them my way once they arrive to him. I couldn't use my Canadian paypal on the site to send to an American address, so he just used his and I paypal'd him back right after. I saved about $200-250 Canadian at the moment, so even when I go to pay for the shipping from Ohio to Manitoba, I should come out ahead quite nicely.
    I believe what made the biggest difference in my order was a set of stern lolipop side rails. if I didn't want those, I believe the shipping and duty to Canada was a fair bit better. Not sure if due to their dimensions, or what was the issue. But in the end I got the rails, along with 124 other parts haha.

#3025 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Solid way to conduct business there, good for you! Thou, it may cost you a can of maple syrup here and there!

Haha the truth is just as Canadian. I’m sending him several packs of tim Horton trading cards as a Thank-you lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixtyfourbits.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=sixtyfourbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.