(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Exchange rate bad, location pinball good!

2 months later
    #217 8 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

There used to be a nfl thread but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone else love Sundays as much as I do?

I've always wanted to set something like that up for the first round of nhl playoffs.

2 weeks later
    #236 8 years ago

It looks like you've got a good group of pinball players over there in Edmonton. Do you do a monthly tournament?

#239 8 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

We have a league that we do monthly

So what does a league night consist of exactly?

#254 8 years ago

Isn't that the message people get from the sketchy Kingston guy?

1 month later
    #370 8 years ago

Is this the first year?

2 months later
    #625 8 years ago

There's no extra ramp. Just that the way the right ramp works is different.

1 week later
    #689 8 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

well i ended up ordering a full throttle

Congrats, I hope it plays as good as it looks. I've been wanting to play one for a while, I'm hoping to finally be able to get a chance at YEGPin.

2 weeks later
    #704 8 years ago

I'd like to come up and check it out but I'm busy that weekend, hopefully I can make the next one.

#709 8 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

It has no fear, goldeneye, ACDC and sorcerer....

No Fear huh? I'd really like to play that. Hopefully I can get up to stoon later this month and check it out.

Also, what machines are at Bartari?

1 week later
    #721 8 years ago

What do Tron Pro's tend to go for in Canada? I played one for the first time the other day and want to know what unspeakable things I'm going to need to do in order to own one.

1 week later
    #730 8 years ago

Damn you Smokedog, what did I say about having it on the same weekend as YEGPin? Haha.

2 months later
    #876 7 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

listening to some Dayglo Abortions.

A real Canadian cultural treasure!

2 months later
    #948 7 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find 6-32 2" post studs and 6-32 t nuts in Canada? I only need like 4 or so of each and the shipping from the normal suppliers is like $40. I get the impression that post studs are a pinball specific part so unlikely to be found at a hardware or fastener supplier. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-9899
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4406-01118-00

#950 7 years ago

I probably only need like 5 or 6 t-nuts.

#953 7 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Yup, I can get those to you. Are you coming up for the tourney tomorrow?

Awesome. Yeah, I'm hoping to come up for the tournament.

1 month later
    #1004 7 years ago

Would anybody in the Regina area be willing to lend me an eprom burner or burn a rom (or 2) for me?

4 months later
    #1168 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

There is some rumor since I've been back in town that some bum is flipping around the mean pubs of Regina calling himself the provincial champ!

Damn right there is! And he's ready to meet you on the clearcoated plywood battleground anytime, anywhere!

1 week later
    #1237 7 years ago

Does anyone own a Full Throttle? If so, how are you liking it? I played it a bit last May at YEGPin and enjoyed it.

Is anyone in on Alien?

2 months later
    #1469 6 years ago

I totally agree. Nitro has gotten me random parts I've needed in a pinch. They're a real asset to the pinball community.

1 week later
    #1507 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

If any of you had an opportunity to check out YEGPIN 2017 event earlier this month in Edmonton, Alberta... our video of the event is now live. We do a quick walk through of the venue, and have a great interview with Nitro Pinball's Tommy Floyd! Enjoy!

Hey, I'm in the video! I trust my royalty cheque is in the mail.

1 month later
    #1572 6 years ago

Does anyone in the Regina area have a spare tilt bob?

1 month later
    #1656 6 years ago

I'm heading to Vancouver tomorrow and I'm looking for some good places to play pinball, family friendly locations would be a plus. I'm staying near the General Hospital. I've looked at the pinside pinmap and the Canadian Public Pinball Tracker but I'd just like some confirmation as some of the listings are a bit old.

#1658 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Neither are family friendly but 12 Kings Pub and Pub 340 have good line ups. Pub 340 is pretty seedy, but they have both Star Wars and Dialed In plus other great games. I think they had Mars Attack, Tron, Game of Thrones, Star Trek plus a few others I don't remember. Haven't been to 12 Kings Lately but they usually have a decent line up.

Awesome, thanks for the info, I'll definitely have to try and get to Pub340 to play some Dialed In.

#1660 6 years ago

Do you know if the pinside pinmap is accurate for these locations? I'd definitely like to make it out on Wednesday for the tourney.

3 weeks later
    #1752 6 years ago

Does anyone in Regina (or nearby) have a Rom Burner I can borrow?

5 months later
    #2264 6 years ago
    Quoted from jedi42:

Any pinsiders from Regina that have a regular league night that I might be able to get into while I am in the city (March 2-10)?

NOPE! but if you wanna meet up to play some pinball, let me know.

2 months later
    #2387 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Anybody in Sask buy naptha? Where have you bought it from?

I found this stuff at Rona.
    https://www.rona.ca/en/camping-fuel-0263205

#2390 5 years ago

Thx! our Home Hardware here in Nipawin usually has friggin everything, but didn't think to head down to camping area of store, they might not have had it out 2 months ago when I looked either. Our Rona usually has nothing when I need it, so in true Murphys Law, they probably have it

Haha, yeah. I found it at Rona after finding a forum online which references naphtha as an ingredient in a DIY illegal drug making process. Damn I love the internet!

2 months later
    #2428 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Calgary Champs!!! 3-1 Calgary now - see you next year!

What's the format for these events?

1 month later
    #2499 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

4th QCP monthly tourney is what's up! Another good turn out and some real close battles! Next event is Oct.18th. #realsocialgaming #makingpinballgreatagain #supportlocationpinball
    [quoted image]

The next event is actually October 11th!

2 months later
    #2559 5 years ago
    Quoted from pkrobin:

So much for simple plans. In Edmonton, planned to go to beercade by myself. Closed Mondays. Yellowhead is a $20+ Uber each way. Denizens removed their games. You guys here in YYC should try pinballmaps. I like it better than the pinside maps for ease of access. Just sayin.

I tried to get PinballMaps to add Regina and Saskatoon but they never got back to me. It would be nice if the two maps were linked together somehow.

2 months later
    #2597 5 years ago

If you find yourself in Regina, Saskatchewan and are looking to play some pinball, check out Theo Bill's Restaurant and Lounge (530 Victoria Avenue E, open at 9 AM everyday). Or if you are interested in competitive tournaments, check us out on facebook to see our upcoming events (https://www.facebook.com/QCPinball/)

TB_Feb19_Lineup (resized).pngTB_Feb19_Lineup (resized).png
    7 months later
    #2714 4 years ago

Anhywhere on the east side of Regina to get any games in? Kid has a big hockey tourney in the city this weekend. Staying at a buddies on east side and wouldnt mind getting out for a couple beers/games if I can without straying too far in the evening other than the dang rink that's on the other side of the city
    Edit* should have looked on pinmap before I opened my yap. Looks like Theo Bills and Leopolds has something.

There is a 4 Strike Knockout Tourney at Theo Bill's on Saturday, they usually run from 2 PM until about 7 PM, so you may want to plan around that.

8 months later
    #2829 3 years ago
    Quoted from Soulstoner:

Any Canadians getting TMNT Pro? When are you told it's coming? I don't have any locations near me, so my home machine can't come soon enough, and I haven't heard back from Nitro on a solid date yet.

I'm getting one through Nitro as well, so no solid date for me either.

#2833 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Selling pirate's to make room?!

Hmm. Well giving it away seems like a weird choice, but who am I to judge.

#2838 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Batman forever is a cheaper dmd game. Can still be found in the low to mid 3ks by reasonable sellers

I don't think thats true. Any Batman forevers that Ive seen come up for sale have easily been over the $4k mark.

With that being said, if someone has one for low to mid 3Ks, let me know.

#2840 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Most good deals happen between collectors.

That's a fair point.

4 months later
    #2985 3 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

"Potential future YEGPIN" I dunno does that sound promising, not to me it doesn't lol...

It sure sounds like you've got a covid cure up your sleeve and YegPIN2021 is 100% guaranteed!

3 weeks later
    #3021 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1979wade:

I believe the way around shipping into the US is to check off US Armed Forces.

Yeah, to ship to an American address with Canadian payment, I believe US Armed Forces has worked for me in the past. Or maybe I just contacted Marco directly and they made it happen...damn that was many a moon ago.

2 weeks later
    #3029 3 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Watch Raymond play it.

That's how to find out how the number 1 player in the world should play it. I'm not sure that his strategy is appropriate for us lowly commoners.

2 weeks later
    #3064 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

A awesome pinsider

..in Regina? I find that hard to believe. We're all a bunch of assholes!

1 month later
    #3087 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Anyone in Regina can help a fellow out with some legs. I sold a black hole last month to a guy in Regina and long story short the tried to steal it out of his basement. Good news they were unsuccessful but got away with keys and legs. He's not on pinside so i figure i reach out here and see if anyone has some legs locally he could purchase and get him back to playing his game.

Well that sucks, unfortunately I don't have any legs to spare.

#3098 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

Anyone know what the proper legs are for gottlieb black hole?

PBResource seems to suggest 27" non-ribbed for Gottliebs of that era.

http://www.pbresource.com/legs.html

1 month later
    #3122 3 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

It is with a heavy heart that I am announcing that YEGPIN: 2021 Pinball and Arcade Expo is officially cancelled.

I've basically written this off for a while now, but it is still very unfortunate that it's official. YEGPin is such a great mix of pretty much everything I love about pinball and how absolutely disappointed I am to miss it 2 years in a row is truly a testament to the passion and hard work of everyone involved in making it what it is.

#3129 3 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

The first year was in a dingy hotel on the Yellowhead

But for one weekend, that dingy hotel was paradise!

2 months later
    #3170 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Wondering what is a good place to post a want to buy ad in Canada.

Looking to get a Rick and Morty off someone who ordered one but did not receive it yet.

Will also consider one with low plays.

If looking to buy a machine, this thread is a good place to start: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell

2 weeks later
    #3186 2 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

He had them at the police dept. Not sure why someone carrying a couple of rifles would be an issue? Guns are just another tool.

I agree that guns can be seen as a tool but, putting the gun-regulation/restriction debate aside, the idea that a gun is "just another tool" ignores the fact that they have a very specific purpose and are not just a general-use type of item.

#3190 2 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Anything can be used to harm if used that way.

What do you think guns were DESIGNED to do though? I understand I can stab someone with a screwdriver or bash someone's head in with a hammer but guns exist specifically to harm and are quite efficient at it. I totally understand that plenty of people use guns as a toy (responsibly) and frankly they are fun to play with but it doesn't change the fact that using a gun for its INTENDED PURPOSE is the concern a lot of people have with it.

I don't really want to get into a gun regulation/restriction debate or anything, I just wanted to point out that a gun isn't just some normal "tool" that some people have perverted into something harmful.

#3204 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

In reference to what guns are “designed “ to do they are actually a tool to hunt with and put food on your families table. Hunters and responsible gun owners do not consider them “toys that are fun to play with”. Hunters are a huge part in the funding of conservation projects and keeping animal populations in good health.

That's quite the strawman argument there. When I say guns aren't "just another tool" and that they are "designed to kill," you respond as though my argument is somehow anti-hunter or anti-hunting. That's a real stretch because I'm neither of those things. Yes, guns are a great tool for hunting but that really just illustrates my point that they are "designed to kill."

Quoted from Pinhead306:

There are also clubs for recreational target shooting no different then our pinball clubs.

Yes, I 100% agree and that was the point behind my "guns as a toy" angle.

I assure you, if I wanted to make an anti-hunting, anti-gun ownership or even a regulation/restriction argument, I wouldn't have hidden it between the lines. However, I think I've made my actual point pretty clear, so if anybody would like the last word on this issue, you are more than welcome.

1 month later
    #3267 2 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

is pinball revolution down for you too ?

The Pinball Revolution has been successful and the Pinball Republic will be proclaimed shortly!

5 months later
    #3504 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

people mostly bitching about the price of pinball machines today these days thread.

Don't forget the people bitching about the people bitching about prices, they make up a fair share of the conversation as well.

3 months later
    #3850 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

Ordered 3 sets of samples just now
    $200USD

Quoted from Apollo18:

Just went with a handful of samples for a few pins

Ended up $60. not bad. Well worth it.

Wait, what?

1 month later
    #3921 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Must have lower taxes in SK. I come up with nearly $18k in QC and ON.

12K USD = $16325.63 CAD including 5% GST

You've gotta remember we're using different math out here on the prairies.

#3925 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

I actually like the TS4 a lot but I can't justify that money.

That price for a "base model" is insane. I get charging extra for "bells and whistles" or powder coat, art blades and toppers but damn that is out of reach for even crazy people like myself. That 1 game would almost take up the majority of the value of my entire collection.

3 weeks later
    #4019 1 year ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

yah but its YEGPIN.... you must be going!

Only a fool wouldn't make a trip to Edmonton for YegPin. A damn fool I say!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=shaub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.