(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

ColorDmd over $600.00 bucks to get here!!!!! Canada is an amazing country to live in. Unless you like to fix, restore or mod pins.

You forgot 'buy pins' too.

Rob

2 weeks later
    #164 8 years ago

Does anyone in Regina have some twist in LED I can by from you? I just need about 6 or 8 red and maybe some blue. I have some wedge type I can trade. I would also be interested in some multi-sided flashers. I only have some flat top style flashers.

Rob

3 months later
    #394 8 years ago
    Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Thank god Game of Thrones didn't have an LCD - that was going to be a must buy until I saw that. The prospect of a Star Wars machine coming out this year WITH an LCD scares me....

You're missing out on a great game then!

Rob

3 months later
    #726 7 years ago

I wonder if it has anything to do with Stern's new MAP (minimum advertised price)? I can't see how advertised prices would suddenly go up ANOTHER 7% when the Canadian dollar has recently rebounded 5%. And the price difference on premiums is even further out of whack.

It's freakin' sad that a NIB pro (potentially) costs almost $1000 more now than a NIB premium in the US.

Rob

2 weeks later
    #785 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

You can email jerry in Toronto starburst directly if you like. he always answers emails quick during the week.
    [email protected]

Jerry is a great guy to deal with, but I found you still might get a better price through your reseller.

Rob

5 months later
    #1000 7 years ago
    Quoted from nightsearcher:

You should just buy Rob's ST in Regina for the translite Jay. Then sell yours. Don't think anybody will let a Aurich translite go.

My ST is long gone...

Rob

2 months later
    #1050 7 years ago

I wish I knew what happened to my old HS2. It had a clearcoated playfield and I sold it to a guy named Jamie in Saskatoon about 10 years ago. I regretted selling, tried to buy it back, but he wouldn't sell it back to me.

Rob

3 weeks later
    #1096 7 years ago

Anyone in Regina have a couple of spare coil stops for newer Stern games. I want to replace the ones on my Luci because the brass coloured part of the stops turned into glitter dust in the cabinet. 2 is good, 4 is great!

Rob

2 months later
    #1367 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

I've really never understood this. I've seen routed games that are mint, and HUO games that have been played to death and have some really bad 'repairs' done to them.
    Condition is king. If an OP takes care of their games, why would they be worth less?

Because some collectors are quite OCD with their games being HUO.

Rob

1 month later
    #1460 6 years ago

I assume Playdium has Stern parts, like coil stops? Nitro doesn't have these and John's jukes online store seems to really have almost nothing. I'm not interested in a bigger order so I don't feel like paying $60US (after shipping) for 4 coil stops from Pinball Life. Maybe Nitro is more into game sales than parts? I have asked about colordmd availability for several months and they never have them restocked. Or perhaps they sell as fast as they get them? Anyhow, I specifically would like the non-self-destructing Stern coil stops...

Rob

#1464 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Really?!! We've never claimed to be a large supplier of parts and have done our best to help reduce shipping costs by by piggy backing customer orders to our orders when bringing in new stock. Our focus is on NIB pinball machines, mods & upgrade items. And yes, we sold a shit load of colorDMD's at Yegpin and are waiting for new stock.

Is there a notification list I can get on when you have these back in stock? BTW, I'm not trying to cause a shitstorm, just asking a question.

Rob

#1491 6 years ago

I'd like to thank everyone in the pinball community for their vocal support of Nitro via Pinside, emails & phone calls. I have some very good news I'll be posting soon! Thx, T

That Nitro is now also an importer of Stern games?! One can hope!

Rob

#1510 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Wish I could make it! Cafe is open on Sundays though, sigh.
    Speaking of the cafe ...

Good job!

Rob

3 months later
    #1769 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Fun shooting game, but the code really doesn't entice you to do anything but pick R2D2 right now. They need to find a way to make the other modes as lucrative or tone down R2... Had lots of fun playing it is a dream theme for sure.

Luke will be more important when Lightsaber Duel is in the game.

Rob

1 month later
    #1992 6 years ago

Pretty straight forward. P1 set the terms as they have the exclusive for Stern in Canada. We’d love to sell throughout the country. But that’s not what they wanted. Collusion? Give me a break. We’ve been fighting their monopoly in Canada for years.

I wonder if this means pro prices might actually come down a bit? P1 increased prices in the spring from $6900 to $7400 (roughly) for no apparent reason. Pushing pro prices above $8k delivered really sucked...

Rob

#2073 6 years ago

P1 will now try to do everything in their power to prevent this. Get ready for some pinball drama!

Thank you for the EASY colordmd transaction!

Rob

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=rob_g and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.