(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ponzie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2919 3 years ago

Awesome review/preview!
    Ordered an LE from Tommy before the Buffalo gameplay stream hoping to be earlier in the queue.
    Any news on when he's getting some stock to ship?

The more I read about people playing this the more I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Got a chance to play gnr le today at nitro pinball.
    Just to preface I am a huge lifelong gnr fan. In the pit at last concert, paid for meet and greet with slash, multiple concerts, owned data east gnr for many years.
    This game is absolutely fucking unbelievable lol. Immediate wow factor. The lights have to be seen, best light show I’ve ever seen on a pin.
    The sound is awesome! Yes they use the real tracks and sync them with live footage so basically lip syncing but whatever it doesn’t bother me.
    I found the gameplay really fun, lots of shots, scoop kick out was to left flipper every time, good flow but also some start stop. Yes there is a lot of mb, I think I saw 5 different ones, I would strongly suggest changing the default 60 second ball saver but for today was ok so I could play and see more of the game. I honestly don’t know much yet what I’m shooting for but the smaller screen behind top lanes seems to tell you what to shoot and how many more shots, pops, switches etc you need. There seems to be a lot going on as in all the shots are building towards something, playing a ball on upper pf during mb is a fun challenge. Don’t know much strategy yet was just having a blast playing. I kept playing over and over until tommy was pretty much ready to close up lol.
    Eric said the goal was to bring the concert experience into the pinball and I’d say 100% they have succeeded. This is the most immersed in a pinball I have ever felt. Sitting at home a few hours later I’m still feeling the wow factor.
    If you are a gnr fan this is pretty much the game you would have designed. I’m still bummed to have missed out on a ce but the le is amazing.
    Ps trim is not red and there’s no clashing with trim and light show.

#2929 3 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Just received word JJP is shipping us a small batch of SE's. No concrete timeline yet on further LE's.

Appreciate the update.
    Hope you get a good word soon!
    Getting harder and harder looking at all the fun people are having with GnR!

#2950 3 years ago

With a (hopefully soon?) NIB JP Premium and GnR LE on the way, I agree that you’d really like it to just “work” out of the box.
    Fully expect that something may have come loose or fallen off (thinking cables/connectors) under the playfield but I will happily take a few days of delay on delivery of a new machine for a manufacturer to put a game through the paces to test things out before shipping.
    The “fresh out of the box” experience is an important one for every company that ships a physical product so I’m sure JJP and others want to nail that.

With respect to different coil strength/ flipper strength, I kinda think of it like the uniqueness of different major league ball parks... Every machine is going to be a bit unique and feel different...and that’s ok.
    Maybe that’s a JJP design choice for “feel”?
    Or maybe I’m just too lazy to change some coils... (Entirely possible)

Either way, appreciate the discussion here!

5 months later
    #3152 3 years ago

I've always bought from https://pinballmedics.ca/ when I can.
    Mike is a good dude and he brings stuff up from the US regularly.

He's also based out of Ottawa...

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Where are the Ottawa pinheads?
    Just curious to know where do you guys get your pinballs? Need to buy some and would like to buy a bunch.
    All my games have magnets.
    Maybe we can do a group buy?
    Pinballs are nothing more than 1 1/6 ball bearings soooo why are we paying the middle man?
    Let mw know if some of you in Ottawa want to get together and organize a group buy: find a source, negotiate a price and purchase in bulk.
    I would be interested in purchasing 300+ balls for myself.

2 months later
    #3238 2 years ago

Some Canadian feedback here…

I put one in my GnR LE and my JP Premium and it made a big difference in both machines…
    I bought the line trimmer when I got the upgraded tweeters for the GnR to add an external sub to it as well… definitely overkill but so good…

Yes, it’s a premium product and it’s priced as such but Dan is the best there is with service and making sure you not only have a hassle free install but that you’re happy with your setup.

When I bought both Pinwoofer systems at the same time, Dan even tried to make the shipping as economical to Canada as possible.

Just wanted to provide some honest feedback.

If you have the means, I’d recommend it… makes a big difference when the audio is important on your machine.

7 months later
    #3528 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Anyone try to order from pinballmedics lately? I made an order recently, but trying again I'm only getting the local pickup option. Are they on holiday maybe?

Send Mike an email.
    He's typically really responsive. If it's an issue, I can help with a local pickup (in Ottawa) and mail it to you depending what you ordered.

Mike's email: pinballmedics at gmail.com

9 months later
    #4270 1 year ago

I'm in for year #3.

Lots of fun. Got some awesome stuff for my GnR and AFM. Super fun to give and receive.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ponzie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=ponzie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.