(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noahd42.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1139 7 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

I am told that Denizen now has one on location now as well.

I went today and it is there but it was not working. Hopefully it is up by the weekend.

Got to play a few new ones I hadn't tried yet, like Spider-Man and AC/DC which was still neat

1 week later
    #1148 7 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow night. Hopefully it's good to go.

I forgot to update, I ended up getting a chance to try it out that weekend. It was up and running. Pretty good!

#1158 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What's a fair price for a nice f-14tomcat? Nice condition and some led's.. I know the one in lethbridge went pretty quick for $1500.. so is $2200 sound about right?! Just opinions..no right or wrongs..just wondering

That sounds reasonable. If I saw one for 2k I'd pick it up in a second.

#1194 7 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

I've gotten the "its not worth that much" and "I can get it for less" when I've sold games too. I just tell them if they can find it cheaper they should definitely take the cheaper deal. I don't get the need to respond to the ad at all when they aren't going to buy it, but I chalk it up to most people being useless and move on with my life.

Yeah, I just disregard those ones easily. I've sold everything possible on kijiji, it is great but the low ballers are a waste of time. I don't get why people see an online ad and assume you are desperate to sell that day. I would get red flags if someone accepted my low ball offer immediately... Would the item be stolen or broken?

#1225 7 years ago
    Quoted from violinfather:

Thanks to NinJaBooT for the evening of free pinball at Lucky Lounge. It was awesome. Nice to play some pins like T3 and Dirty Harry that I have never played before. Great line up and the machines are in super condition.

I agree, that was great. I played Dirty Harry there a week or so before but it was great to try some of the ones that weren't up and running when I was there the first time and T3.

1 week later
    #1260 7 years ago

Very cool. Looking great!

1 week later
    #1303 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Its actually not that bad of the deal with the entire package you get all depending on the shape of the machines of course. If you were starting up a location that would be an excellent start of machines. Pretty sure a guy could knock off 5K and call it a day if he/she we would to take everything.
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/edmonton/selling-my-collection-of-pinball-and-redemption-machines/1250575986?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I know it's not the sale thread, but anyone message this guy and get a response by any chance?

#1305 7 years ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

Someone from Calgary was on their way up today to look at them. Depending what they find, a deposit may be made tonight.

Very cool. I know I wouldn't have minded getting my hands on that T3. That's just the way it goes though!

#1312 7 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

I called and he said someone local was taking them all and I believe he also said he had a few parties interested. Seemed like a good guy!

Yeah, he emailed me this morning and said it was all sold. Too bad, but someone got a good score!

1 week later
    #1370 7 years ago

Picked up my first pin today, went to Calgary and met Josh and got his BBH! Great pin, all settled in nicely in my living room. Great guy to deal with.

#1374 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

That would be sweet! It was originally in the Mancaves store in Lloydminster with a $1500 price tag on it. (no wonder they went out of business)
    I'm looking to get $150 for it.
    Hey noah42, you just got a bbh? Would definitely be the most creative topper out there.

Haha I don't think taxidermy would fly with the girlfriend unfortunately!

#1382 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Congrats sweet game!!! Gets a bad rap because a lot of them don't work right but that game can be tough as nails and a ton of fun to play.

Thanks! I had played it before and I've got a good handle on how to tune the buck so he is responsive. Not an easy game to rack up a high score on!

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

When I first got the game, I was seeking out one of those orange guns from the Big Buck Hunter arcade game to make into a topper. Also, my father-in-law is a hunter and has a nice buck on his basement wall, we joked about mounting that above the Buck Hunter!

Haha, yeah I think I've heard of that or seen somewhere on the internet where the guns used as toppers.

#1384 7 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Big Buck Hunter for sale in Edmonton. Did you flip it already, noahd42? lol

Haha. No, I saw that today too and figured it would come up! I'm still looking to add pins, not subtract. This one will be sticking around for a while. I'd like to add a High Speed, T2 or T3 as well.

#1398 7 years ago

I like it. Definitely prefer hand drawn art

1 week later
    #1401 7 years ago

I hit up Lucky's today and put a few good games in. Sad to see Dirty Harry and Ghostbusters down but I really liked playing Bride of Pinbot and the color DMD was really neat!

#1408 7 years ago

Yeah, I definitely prefer a nice fair ball save. I think 5 seconds is reasonable. I have it at ten on Big Buck and that is a nice sweet spot since it is a pretty low scoring game

4 weeks later
    #1475 6 years ago

It's even worse in my opinion because Cineplex owns them and there are just two pins at the Rec Room here in South Edmonton Common. Seems like a real waste of the exclusivity if they don't even put them out in public.

#1486 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

A few years ago I phoned them to find out if they had any pins set up in the arcade. The guy that answered, asked me what is a pinball machine? Did not bother to go there after that conversation.

They only have a Star Trek Pro and Game of Thrones Pro, so you are not missing much. It would be nice to see them have a bank of 6+ games, but I don't foresee it at all.

2 weeks later
    #1511 6 years ago

Anyone in Edmonton care to speculate when we will get an Aerosmith on location? I got the bug in Calgary at the Trap and played it a bit at YEGPIN. I think it would do good on location, I'm surprised we haven't seen one yet.

1 week later
    #1534 6 years ago

What game? I've heard of some places charging more on games like Wizard Of Oz. Ball times should be longer on that and Jersey Jack games are loaded with features plus the cost reflects that. I wouldn't be offended, I just probably wouldn't be lining up to play.

#1541 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Areosmith pro. The ghostbusters beside it was a $1.00. Not sure if the kickout (library) on the left side of GB can be adjusted but EVERY time it would kick it sdtm. Basically made it unplayable or unenjoyable at best. I sat and finished my pint at the bar instead

Darn, that is rough. I definitely wouldn't be down with that either.

1 week later
    #1570 6 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Free games and 4$ drinks at beercade tonight

I like that they do that often on the Sunday of a long weekend. Lots of fun. I should definitely try to get there again soon, I've been addicted to the Avatar there. Plays pretty well but doesn't get a lot of love. Compared to X-MEN which is always down.

#1589 6 years ago

Hey, is anyone in Edmonton free to give me a hand with my Big Buck? Thanks to Josh in Calgary I tracked down the problem.
    I need to connect the wire back to this pin. I'm going to order a molex kit, but wouldn't mind getting it up and running sooner than it will take to ship. I can offer a 6 pack of beer and a few games if anyone can assist.

20170708_212023 (resized).jpg20170708_212023 (resized).jpg

Added over 7 years ago: Resolved

1 week later
    #1602 6 years ago

Great looking set up and collection volkdrive

As for Goldeneye I remember seeing that animation when Buffalo pinball was playing it. And I think I saw it when I played the game at yegpin. It's definitely suggestive, especially outside of the context of the film itself.

I wonder if it can be disabled?

3 weeks later
    #1649 6 years ago

I support this movement also!

2 weeks later
    #1711 6 years ago

I don't think The Shadow at YEGPIN had a properly working battlefield, but I would definitely like to get more time on one. I really liked playing it. The shots were diverse and the ramp options seem interesting at a glance.

I will usually dump money into TWD on location any chance I get but a lot of the shots seem pretty standard for Sterns these days. The skill shot is too easy. The rules are deep, but I can only ever manage to have one REALLY good ball on that game if I'm lucky.

1 week later
    #1742 6 years ago

Looks like a great show, awesome job down there guys!

1 week later
    #1762 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Not sure if they're still there but what about gateway lanes or reds? Any of the dollar theaters still have arcades?

Last I saw earlier this year, Gateway Lanes had a Nascar, Transformers and Ghostbusters. GB was the only one playable. The others were turned on and taking money but had serious issues.

#1775 6 years ago

I saw that post, I am definitely looking forward to taking Star Wars for a spin in the near future.

#1792 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

We are already getting email inquiries about registration for league. Great story was glad to be a part of it.

Awesome! I heard about the feature on the radio during my drive home. I'm glad the word is getting out there

1 week later
    #1802 6 years ago

Got my hands on Star Wars at Denizen this weekend, plays nice. I enjoyed it. At four tokens ($2.00) it is a bit steep for such a fast and furious game but I'm glad they took the plunge and got one for the location. Very happy to support the cause. Really solid line up there.

#1805 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

2 dollars a play? Is it a Premium or LE at least?
    Tuesday's at the cafe all games are .50 cents. Otherwise a dollar to play.
    Maybe I should raise prices ...

Pro.

I've definitely got to find an excuse to make a trip to Saskatoon one of these days. I'm sure it won't stay at $2.00 forever.

#1811 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

I installed an led speaker panel kit on my Judge Dredd yesterday, it looks awesome, but a word to the wise for any of you who might be thinking about removing a speaker panel plastic and cleaning it up: I have never dealt with anything in pinball that is even close to as tedious as removing the double-sided mounting tape/glue on the back of those panels. It took probably 2 hours of constant scraping/scrubbing to get it completely clean. That being said, the finished product is really awesome.

That is a true beauty! I still haven't got my hands on playing a JD yet but that one looks awesome. Nice mod.

#1828 6 years ago

Likewise, it looks awesome. Hopefully there will be one at YEGPIN if they are shipping Q1 2018 as mentioned on the stream.

1 month later
    #2096 6 years ago

Wow, great work Tommy! I know where to go when I decide on NIB.

1 year later
    #2616 5 years ago

Anyone know what the current line up looks like at Pin Bar in Calgary? I'm gonna stop by next month.

#2619 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

- Attack from Mars LE
    - Avengers LE
    - Pabst Can Crusher
    - Metallica Pro
    - Dead Pool Pro
    - Tron Pro
    - Iron Maiden Pro
    - Kiss Pro
    - Medieval Madness Classic remake with color DMD
    - Batman 66 Premium
    - Walking Dead Pro
    - Wizard of Oz 75th
    - Monster Bash LE
    - Star Wars Premium
    - AC/DC Premium
    - Game of Thrones Pro
    - Aerosmith Pro
    - Tales of The Arabian Nights
    Arcade games
    - Golden Axe, Hit the Ice, NBA Jam, Marvel Super Heroes, Street Fighter 2 Alpha, Metal Slug X, Pacman Battle Royale

Perfect, that looks like an insane line up. I will make sure to bring a few quarters

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noahd42.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=noahd42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.