(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mac2444.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3347 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm flying through Edmonton next week on my way to Kugluktuk. Are there any pins still at the airport? Where are they located?

They emptied that arcade room that was to the right of security, those were the only ones I knew of there. Calgary permanently closed two of three arcades and the tiny one that's left is blocked off due to covid.

#3355 2 years ago
    Quoted from Smack:

Where is the tiny one located in the Calgary Airport? I am flying through there over Christmas and have a lengthy layover on the return, if it is open that would help kill some time.

Can't remember if it's the "B" or "C" concourse, probably "B". It's past the burger king and Great Canadian Bagel. You keep walking towards the end of the concourse and it's on your right. Only three machines and I'm not sure they are going to reopen it, looks pretty forgotten. The machines are all owned by SML so their maintenance is usually awful. Last time I put in a dollar, one flipper didn't work, pretty sad. About 5 years ago there were three different spots with about 12 machines total. There was usually at least one game that worked properly back then

#3357 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtdGjEaOJJqtdF9qcG1QcllRWlNYNWN2MHJUUXdaenc#gid=3
    Not updated since 2016 for Calgary airport... one of you can update it if you are in the area

Pinball map is up to date. Just the three machines listed there, none currently operational.

4 months later
    #3701 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Where is the cheapest place to order the side art blade protectors?! we need to do a group by and I'm wondering where peeps order them from. Has anyone made a set of their own?! Thanks

I don't know if they were the cheapest option but these were the only ones I found in stock when I got mine. They do work great.....

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

6 months later
    #4189 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks for the info. Surprised there's not a dedicated location with so many pinsiders in the area.
    Found a brewery in Kelowna that has a nice collection of games I'm looking forward to checking out.

Played there a week or two ago, cool spot. Only Ghostbusters was playable before 5pm the day I was there though as the rest of the machines are upstairs, not in the lounge.

#4194 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

BNA Brewing? TheShaft updated the list recently and didn't see GB. Maybe there's a third location in Kelowna? I hope Mandolorian and Stranger Things are there.

Ya, a week or so ago it was GB in the tasting room, the rest of the machines are upstairs in the restaurant part that's open in the evenings. The owner is on pinside (my friend out there knows him), supposed to be a super nice guy who does rotate machines in and out.

1 month later
    #4313 1 year ago

Does anyone in Canada stock Titan flipper rubber, specifically low bounce? The shipping is nuts ordering from them directly.

Thanks

4 weeks later
    #4430 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Well this was a pleasant surprise on my drive home from Sherwood Park tonight. Been a while since I've seen gas that cheap or even stopped at a Domo. They still jump to the pump for you
    [quoted image]

They used to give you a free hockey stick if you bought enough gas!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mac2444.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=mac2444 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.