(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeekayjay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I thought TBatti had a great idea.

Instead of clogging up our For Sale thread, why not come here to shoot the shit, complain about a crappy exchange rate and speculate on prices!

I'll start:

Exchange rate bad!
    Machines too expensive!
    Jeekay....SMASH!

Are you guys looking forward to the next Stern release?

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

I don't know about Stern's next release, but I am excited for their original title release that is upcoming. I'm, quite frankly, a little burned out on licensed titles. It's nice, because it gives them material to work with, but it's very unimaginative.

Neat! I hadn't heard that Stern had an original pin coming. Any hints yet as to what?

I feel ya on the licensed pins though I don't mind them doing it. Wether or not I like the particular ones they pick is a different story though for sure.

Would it be so hard to make us an NHL pin? jeeeeeez

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

I'm looking for ST TNG parts. Had a plastic piece break and I want to replace it. Is there a good place to go online?

I guess right here is a good place to ask for specific peices.

Go here for a full set :

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/STTNG_Page.html

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Until the canuck buck rebounds some,I might be out on a lot of new games.

I feel the same way.

Sucks because I'm in the mood for a change up.

A good trade with someone seems to be the best way to get a value for both sides.

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

Anyone know of any companies that assist in the installation of playfield overlays? Preferably in Alberta.

Jay Richardson pinball in Calgary might be worth a call.

http://www.richardsonpinball.com

#126 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Anyone interested in the ST blackout mod? I have a hold on the last 2 black out mods from overseas but need to order today.
    Was hoping one or two others might want to get in as the shipping for up to 3 is 18 euros.
    Let me know right away otherwise I am just going to order ine for myself.

Is that mod just for the LE?

#129 8 years ago

Looks like a huge difference with GoT from Pro to LE.

I'm not a fan of that.

Not paying Canadian LE prices so...

Not ruling out a Pro until I hear some reviews and see some gameplay but it's not boding well so far for me.

I'm sort of neutral on the theme to begin with so gameplay will have to be out of the park in order to entice me.

Time will tell!

So...who already ordered one?

#134 8 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Slightly off topic of Pins but anyone know where you can get a decent Mortal Kombat, Marvel super heroes etc upright fighting game by chance? Is there a similar site like this for Arcade games???

Both pinball revolution and maaca have arcade forums, I believe.

#140 8 years ago

DHPL starts up again tonight at Denizen after a summer break.

Looking forward to getting sweaty and shaky and putting up absolutely horrible scores!

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Killer event tonight! Thanks everyone who had a part in it. Happy to finally take home some hardware. Appreciate EVERYONE who came out.

01.png

Nice goin, grats puck!

#160 8 years ago

Who does a guy call to get some powder coating done to habitrails? Anyone happen to know a specific company in Edmonton?

1 week later
    #199 8 years ago

I smell booze snobs!

My only requirement is that it must be wet.

2 months later
    #335 8 years ago
    Quoted from kiwi:

Hi Guys and Gals. Just signed up here on Pinside. Grew up playing pinball in the 80s/90s downunder in NZ - was active on rec.games.pinball back in the day. Been in Canada since 2002. Bit late in the game, but thought I'd get back into it. Looking to learn more on the recent games and hopefully one day pick up an older machine for myself.
    cheers.

Welcome! Beware the fever!

1 month later
    #528 8 years ago

Right on Flash, I had a chance to play TWD with the latest code. Had much more fun than in the past. That right ramp is still murder though.

2 weeks later
    #622 8 years ago

I read the matrix but is there any major gameplay differences between the versions like in GoT?

#624 8 years ago

The pop up rollover standup targets just came to mind. Those are what I'd miss the most I think...

2 weeks later
    #695 8 years ago

Sounds like there's going to be a great turnout at Yegpin! Should be a great time and a good chance to play a butt load of pins.

Whose all making the trip from out-of-town?

3 months later
    #886 7 years ago

Whose picking up a Blue Ribbon?

#889 7 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

At that price Stern can keep them. I swear I think they've gone off the deep end. I seriouly think they've created it to liquidate the amount of parts they've bought for Whoa Nellie.

Agreed. I wish I had enough money to not care but that ain't the case. You're probably right about the parts too.

#896 7 years ago

I hope to get a chance to play a Woa Nellie or Pabst in the wild sometime since they do look so nice. I'm interested in feeling how they play.

2 weeks later
    #922 7 years ago
    Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I got back into pinball about 3 years ago. Only then did I become aware of House of Targ and I live in Ottawa! I try to go a few times a year. I can get my wife and daughter to go because of the perogies. Great place.

Perogies and pinball? Shit yes.

#924 7 years ago

Hey guys who are you using to ship within Canada these days?

Also what's the going rate to ship 1 pin?

My buddy has been getting quotes 375-400 and that just doesn't seem right.

Any help appreciated and contact info for a good shipper even more so!

1 month later
    #960 7 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Anyone have the address of the best pinball place to play at in Edmonton.

Denizen Hall or Lucky's Lounge are both good choices.

#968 7 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Wow, that's a lot of games! I might have to get over my hippee / hipster phobia and check it out!

1 month later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeekayjay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=jeekayjay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.