New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,949 posts
  • 221 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 minutes ago by wcbrandes
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 320 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6C0C8CCF-D685-486D-BE98-C4568F73C242 (resized).jpeg
    9F78A360-90D3-4509-85D0-2E86B3E5FBF7 (resized).jpeg
    01743BA8-1AE3-49B9-BB61-884D76453ABE (resized).jpeg
    1C98D4CE-8CA1-4FB5-80E6-92F2C0F22017 (resized).jpeg
    9F977CFF-6B92-44EF-8DA9-46E5AB345859 (resized).jpeg
    7238D451-91DC-4D7D-AAAD-388A96E3CF36 (resized).jpeg
    D041183F-2373-40ED-903E-7E1ECFD4FD81 (resized).jpeg
    6158EDB3-25D0-430F-8A49-B01BA0BAFFED (resized).jpeg
    0B840C1A-0681-4B9D-99B9-5A61869516D7 (resized).jpeg
    38182679_1.jpg
    38204606_1.jpg
    38182701_2.jpg
    38182701_1.jpg
    38182685_3.jpg
    38182685_2.jpg
    38182686_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammerhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Have you seen the Google doc, Canadian pinball tracker? It's a fairly up to date list of all the places to go
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NXpZrLSA8IKqgNbimMxd3X491mKkZNJCPe4QS2A6y4o/htmlview?pli=1

This document is open to the public to edit and is checked regularly. If you see something that is no longer current, make a change. If you know of a location that's not represented, please add it. All we ask is that you date your entry so we know its current. There are some locations in the Ottawa area that have asked to be left off the list for various reasons.

The document is only as accurate as pinballers keep it. Thanks for everyone's efforts to keep it current.

3 months later
    #284 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballophobe:

Cnd took that dump this morning
    Trading at 71.6 now.

They're saying it could lose another 5 cents in the coming months

#298 4 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

Lots of negatively going on with our crappy dollar. Here's a positive imo. $9.99 a case this week in Alberta. $58.45 taxes included for 5 cases Yeah, yeah not the best but definitely better then a lot of brand name beers.20151219_182935.jpg

You know you need a beer really bad when . . .

1 week later
    #337 4 years ago

Arium (Greg) here in London Ontario has TSPP listed for $4700 (not sure if that's USD or CAD)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/28984

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

That's 100% USD he's asking 6500 canadain. it's on pinball revolution. Looks gorgeous

Good catch, thanks

2 months later
    #569 4 years ago

Where's that? It's not on the map?

What all is there to play? I see TWD, WH20, BOP, JB, GOT

2 months later
    #826 4 years ago

Strathroy, ON had one years ago (one of the last ones in the area at the time), but now both it and the KFC are gone. Yes, talk about heart attack on a plate; I always wanted to try one of those double-down sandwiches, but my wife forbid it.

7 months later
    #1082 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

A "current line up" of pins on location's in canada sure would be a cool thread to read! Jus' saying!

You could read the handy dandy Canadian Public Pinball Tracker, updated kinda-semi-monthly-ish

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NXpZrLSA8IKqgNbimMxd3X491mKkZNJCPe4QS2A6y4o/edit#gid=8

#1088 3 years ago
    Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

-45 today with the windchill in saskatoon

Fahrenheit or Celsius? I guess when its that cold it really doesn't matter anymore

#1092 3 years ago
    Quoted from PureTO:

Celsius of course... it's Canada.
    It's only the US and 3 villages in Africa that don't use the metric system.

I was being sarcastic, as when you get below -40, you're too fricken cold to care.

I forgot the sarcasm smilie

#1093 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I was being sarcastic, as when you get below -40, you're too fricken cold to care.
    I forgot the sarcasm smilie . . .

3 weeks later
    #1123 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bronty:

ebay.com link

But its a Data East . . .

3 weeks later
    #1150 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Wife showed me a story yesterday about a 7000sq2 mansion in Nova Scotia selling for $450,000.
    Who knew the Addams family lived in the maritimes?

$450K would get you about a third of that square footage on a 35' lot around here.

#1202 3 years ago
    Quoted from dzoomer:

. . . and AFMR was confirmed . . .

When did this happen?

#1208 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Where's the best place to order fuses in Canada?

Digikey - if you order int he morning you're shipment will be at your front door the next day.

#1229 3 years ago

It's like comparing your hot rod that you take the local cruise night every Thursday to the concours level restoration that you'd never dare drive except for the most perfect of weather days and then only a few miles for fear of getting it splattered with bugs.

Sure, the full restorations are beautiful, but after you spend the 600 hours and $1500 (not including equipment) I'd be afraid to pay it and ruin all of that hard work and money.

2 weeks later
    #1291 3 years ago

To this day, I still check to hear if anyone else is on the line before I dial a number, going back to the days when we were on a party line.

4 weeks later
    #1419 3 years ago

LOL. It's funny because it's not me!

27C here tomorrow

2 months later
    #1576 3 years ago

The only NIB I would consider at this point is JJP, and it would have to be a damn good theme/game at that.

No way am I shelling out the kind of money Stern is asking for their games (even SW) considering build quality, code, customer support, etc.

1 month later
    #1646 3 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Have one main letter written, distribute a signature sheet to each key person involved in pinball leagues across Canada and gather actual signatures from everyone, send them back to whoever is providing the craftily written letter, and send it as one big package to Gary Stern as snail mail. Include a few Nitro T-Shirts in the box as a Token of Appreciation.

Send one to myself, LOPL will be interested as well.

2 months later
    #1883 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

"What's Up?" It is November 4th in the Edmonton area it is MINUS 16 Degrees Celsius. Think that is around Zero F. Chores are done, and for the next 10 hours it is Pinball Time,

Tee hee - it's supposed to be 17C here tomorrow.

1 week later
    #1971 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We'd love to Meegis! However, our deal is for Western Canada. We had to agree not to sell Stern into Ontario to make it happen.

Is that for Stern only or for all manufacturers? Saving up for JJP Toy Story!

5 months later
    #2373 2 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

You'll be close enough to Niagara Falls to make regular crossings back into the US. You should consider you options to purchase Stateside on your visits. Buffalo is only 30 minutes further. https://buffalopinball.com/where-to-play/

Yes, but now he'll get to deal with the 28 cents on the dollar USD-to-CAD exchange and 13% tax at the border.

Welcome to Canada!

2 months later
    #2421 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

You might get lucky. I've brought 2 games across the border and only one got stopped for taxes.
    And your only a hour to the border. Just put in enough gas to get you there and fill up on cheap yankee gas.

Or you might not, and get raked over the coals for not having a receipt for your $300 non-working Frogger project because there's one on eBay for $2000.

4 months later
    #2560 1 year ago
    Quoted from shaub:

I tried to get PinballMaps to add Regina and Saskatoon but they never got back to me. It would be nice if the two maps were linked together somehow.

I tried to get PinballMaps to add Southern Ontario. They got back to me to make sure I was good with keeping it updated (I was) but never heard back after that.

6 months later
    #2662 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deadrock:

Please don't reply asking why, what happened, etc. We don't need this thread being shut-down.

Uh oh, that doesn't sound good

6 months later
    #2774 9 months ago

Ask around on cgcc.ca, there are a lot of knowledgeable arcade people there although it's very quiet at times.

8 months later
    #2870 32 days ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Is there a arcade thread or forum someone can recommend? I realize everything's getting crazy expensive so would like to know the values of a couple arcades at a auction tommorow.
    Thanks

Arcade auction you say?

There are two Canadian arcade sites you should be in regular touch with:

https://cgcc.ca/forums/ (very seldom anything new here)
    https://www.maaca.org/

4 weeks later
    #2908 4 days ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Now that Average Joe’s is closed down there is an IM at the Duke, but it is in rough shape, probably hasn’t been cleaned in 10 years!

What other games are on location in Lethbridge?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 3.50
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 8.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 7.50
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 11.95
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 218.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 8.99
    Electronics
    Dr. Dave's Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammerhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside