(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipperfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#262 8 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Okay due to popular demand and support from Denizen Hall and Lucky's Lounge I am expanding our pinball league from 28 players to 32 players. I have two on the waiting list so I need two more players in order to commit to expanding to 32 players, if anyone is interested let me know, I am sure the two guys on the waiting list sure would appreciate it. All information on our league play can be found on http://www.diehardpinball.ca, please email [email protected] if you have interest in joining.

Feel free to contact us for more donations to your prize pool. We're always happy to support Canadian pinball!

[email protected]

3 months later
    #697 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Sounds like there's going to be a great turnout at Yegpin! Should be a great time and a good chance to play a butt load of pins.
    Whose all making the trip from out-of-town?

Nitro will be there with The Big Lebowski, Full Throttle and another title we've yet to announce. Looking forward to seeing the Die Hard Crew again and meeting everyone at Yegpin.

#701 8 years ago

We'll coordinate with Diehard to see what's needed.

4 weeks later
    #768 7 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I called SB TO and MTL both didn't get back to me. i will wait until I see what they have to say.

Call me on my cell (604) 226-5346 Tommy. Nitro is always available.

#770 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Call me on my cell (604) 226-5346 Tommy. Nitro is always available.

We also include shipping and the best possible price [email protected]

9 months later
    #1111 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bronty:

Nitro was quoting 11,299 cdn on their website. Dunno if that price is up to date; probably not. I'm actually about to order one, possibly. Tommys supposed to be calling CGC tomorrow to see if they have one ready to go and if they do I'll have to cough up full payment tomorrow. If that happens I'll let you know what I get charged.

Price is up to date $11,295 + tax.

3 months later
    #1462 6 years ago
    Quoted from foramusementonly:

I agree Nitro never seems to have what you need. They talk the talk but just don't supply the goods when needed. I think Johns Jukes
    new warehouse and showroom is about to open, Hopefully they will have a better parts supply. Player one (Playdium) will have those parts

Really?!! We've never claimed to be a large supplier of parts and have done our best to help reduce shipping costs by by piggy backing customer orders to our orders when bringing in new stock. Our focus is on NIB pinball machines, mods & upgrade items. And yes, we sold a shit load of colorDMD's at Yegpin and are waiting for new stock.

#1463 6 years ago
    Quoted from foramusementonly:

I agree Nitro never seems to have what you need. They talk the talk but just don't supply the goods when needed. I think Johns Jukes
    new warehouse and showroom is about to open, Hopefully they will have a better parts supply. Player one (Playdium) will have those parts

Greg, just realized who you are after seeing that your Pinside account is a week old. You work for Playdium, and are the same "know it all" guy we all saw running around Yegpin. Go back to the rock you crawled out from under.

#1465 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

Is there a notification list I can get on when you have these back in stock?
    Rob

You're on it. We expect them in about a week or so. Thx, T

#1484 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Its a damn shame that Stern monopolized their Canadian sales up to this point with one sole distributor for all of Canada. If that were to change, I can only imagine the drastic influx it would be on Nitro's sales.

I'd like to thank everyone in the pinball community for their vocal support of Nitro via Pinside, emails & phone calls. I have some very good news I'll be posting soon! Thx, T

Nitro Pinball Warehouse (resized).jpgNitro Pinball Warehouse (resized).jpg

#1495 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Tommy and Nitro are the real deal. Passionate about pinball and it shows in everything they say/do.
    PS. I am still up for the first AFMrLE you get right tommy??

Thanks for the kind words. You got it!

#1497 6 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

I love nitro , they have always treated me well , that being said, can you pm me the price on color DMD's ? I didn't make it to yeg this year unfortunately.

PM sent. Thx, T

4 weeks later
    #1552 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manhattan:

Did I miss the announcement? It's been about a month now...

Still working out details. Will post when official. Thanks for your support!

1 month later
    #1630 6 years ago

Nitro Pinball is expanding operations and looking to increase our tech support across Canada. We want individuals from the community that are passionate about pinball and love assisting with diagnosis & repair. Your primary focus will be NIB pinball machines via Stern, Chicago Gaming, Jersey Jack Pinball, American Pinball, Heighway Pinball, Dutch Pinball & Homepin. Please call us toll free 1-855-DO-NITRO (36-64876) or email [email protected]

Thx, T

#1632 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hawk007:

you got an aerosmith set up to try Tommy? Hear great things about it.

Absolutely! Drop by the showroom anytime.

3 weeks later
    #1688 6 years ago

Tech required in Northern Manitoba to service TWD, Metallica, Mustang, Star Trek, Iron Man & AC/DC.

3 of the 6 are “Out Of Order”. The playfields are incredibly dirty, a good service is needed on each of them (Code updates, a good Clean, New Rubbers, Balls and Mechanical Repairs).

3 hours east of Thompson, MB.

Contact [email protected]

Thx, T

2 months later
    #1850 6 years ago

Looking for local pinhead for NIB delivery's in Ottawa. Hit me up if available.

Thanks,

[email protected]

2 weeks later
    #1931 6 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey guys, what's everyone using to clean the roman glass. I bought a sheet at Yegpin and I'll be damned if I can't get this thing clean. It's like there is a film/residue on the surface that I can't get off?

Invis (resized).jpgInvis (resized).jpg

#1950 6 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

I would be amazed if Stern did not make them a direct distributor. They are the best and most involved pinball company in Canada. Waiting to hear the news Nitro!

We're happy to finally announce that Nitro Pinball is officially a Stern distributor for Western Canada. Our games, parts & accessories will now come directly from Stern. This means better pricing, better service and more choice. I'd like to personally thank everyone in the community that supported our steadfast love of pinball and rallied behind our customer service model. In addition, we're proud distributors of American Pinball, Chicago Gaming, Jersey Jack, Heighway, Dutch & Homepin. Feel free to contact me anytime if there is something you need. Or, just have questions about a release. I always have time to talk pinball

Silverball regards,

[email protected]
    Toll Free: 1-855-366-4876
    Cell: (604) 226-5346

#1953 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Do sell yourself short...
    The Toronto market will happily support you too.
    Way to go bud!!

We'd love to Meegis! However, our deal is for Western Canada. We had to agree not to sell Stern into Ontario to make it happen. The good news is, we've offered our assistance to P1 in the East to help better understand the community at large. Hopefully this will translate into better support on across the country.

#1972 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Is that for Stern only or for all manufacturers? Saving up for JJP Toy Story!

Applies to Stern only.

#1974 6 years ago

We're required to forward all requests for Stern in the East to P1. They're required to forward all requests for Stern in the West to Nitro. I'm sure there'll be some overlap in the short term due to existing orders and long term relationships. But that in essence is the spirit of the agreement.

#1983 6 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

is that actually you ?

Yes...many, many years ago. Here's a brief history for those too young to remember. Lol www.tommyfloyd.com

#1987 6 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

Big Congratulations Nitro! All of Canada needs customer service like you guys provide!
    Now, as to the agreement with Stern...

Does the Canada Competition Act of 2002 not have anything to say about this? The Stern agreement effectively prevents a competitive marketplace in Canada...

This was not Stern's requirement, it was Player One's. You'll have to take it up with them.

#1991 6 years ago
    Quoted from Requis:

Can you explain how this was player 1's requirement...of course they don't want competitors on the East Coast...just like you likely don't want competition on the west coast....so I guess, you guys are colluding? Yah that makes it better....are you guys affiliated? You may want to revisit that last statement....
    Adding I called you guys but never got A call back. guess I now know why...

Pretty straight forward. P1 set the terms as they have the exclusive for Stern in Canada. We’d love to sell throughout the country. But that’s not what they wanted. Collusion? Give me a break. We’ve been fighting their monopoly in Canada for years.

#1993 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

I wonder if this means pro prices might actually come down a bit? P1 increased prices in the spring from $6900 to $7400 (roughly) for no apparent reason. Pushing pro prices above $8k delivered really sucked...
    Rob

I can’t speak for P1. But I know we’re working on this.

#1995 6 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

I think we'd all love that too, Tommy...

I hear you. Hopefully this is just the start of things to come. “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!”

#2043 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flippers_com:

I can tell you that Player One (1) (who used to be Starburst) is the ONLY Canadian distributor for Stern Pinball. They have a network across Canada of authorized resellers of their lines, of which we are currently the only one in BC.
    'nuff said.
    John :-#)#
    "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

Really John? Is that what they told you? Keep drinking the cool aid! Lol. I can assure you we’re selling Stern. Our first direct shipment is arriving next week. We actually stock NIB pins.

#2049 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Well that's great news. It means that P1 would have violated their agreement with Nitro and Stern before it even started which in turns means that Tommy can start selling to us in Ontario. Suits me just fine

Not only is our agreement with P1 toast, but we refuse to allow their monopoly to prevent us from shipping Stern Canada wide. Since our initial announcement, we received more than a hundred calls & emails asking for our support in the East. As well, street pricing that’s available in the US shouldn’t be denied in Canada. It’s game on!

#2062 6 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’d like an explanation as to why you are spreading false information on pinside, Facebook and Instagram just a few days after nitro announced direct distribution from stern.

It's clear that both John's Jukes & Jay Richardson used our announcement as a vehicle for sales. They're both P1 resellers....and made similar announcements on the heels of Nitro as if something had changed in their status. Disingenuous to say the least. John doesn't stock NIB (orders from P1 when customer pays upfront)...and Jay works out of his garage. Both of these guys tow the P1 line and are part of the problem.

#2069 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Yep. My interpretation is Tommy will be receiving pins direct from Stern!

P1 will now try to do everything in their power to prevent this. Get ready for some pinball drama!

#2097 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChanceKJ:

Heres the really cool thing that I don’t think people realize about Tommy’s trip to Calgary yesterday: How many other pinball company owners will drop what they were doing at the spur of the moment and trek a game 12 hours each way?
    I was on the phone with Tommy Friday just chatting away when he had another call come in on the other line. When he called me back later there was this sense of determinate urgency in his voice and he happily told me that our conversation would have to wait because he was now just gonna drop what he was doing to bring that Star Wars LE out here to Calgary. Im sure it was a special case, and i know Dan’s Alien was also involved in the trip but the bad ass thing was that it just didn’t phase him. He was happy to do it and make everyone happy too. Definitely a top shelf attitude when it comes to business and customer service. Any company, Pinball or otherwise should take note of that enthusiasm.

Thanks for the kind words Chance. Bottom line, Dave was promised a Star Wars LE by the weekend. P1 ensured that wasn't going to happen by refusing to ship the pin. I simply did what needed to be done to keep a promise. Every customer is extremely important to us. We do this because we love pinball and I consider myself extremely fortunate to work within this community. It's easy to do the right thing. Unfortunately, there are those that choose not to.

1 week later
    #2154 6 years ago

DEE96843-BB38-499A-AD31-7F7D99BD2C39 (resized).jpegDEE96843-BB38-499A-AD31-7F7D99BD2C39 (resized).jpeg

#2162 6 years ago

*****Breaking news:
    The war for pinball territory in Canada rages on. Tmc Amusements is holding the mighty nitro pinball stool captive and won’t relinquish it until our demands are met.
    Our demands are simple...all the nitro bucks. I just about pissed myself laughing when I saw this! You’re awesome Trev!
    Stay tuned.

#2167 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal-911:

Buying pinball in Canada.
    I was just reading the comments about Nitro and Player 1 retailers.
    I am in the middle of trying to buy a new pin currently. Paid deposit and waiting on shipping. All I can say is when I wanted a new machine I contacted both retailers and picked the lowest price and distance. The problem I have now is the distributor is also waiting on shipment and the shipping dates are way off.
    My only complaints through the process, other than not playing my new pin yet, seems to be a lack of communication and unknown delivery times.
    Is this normal?
    I'll see how it goes.

Which pin did you order?

1 week later
    #2180 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Finally got a record player for Xmas so I can play some of this. Now it’s time to break out the rest of my collection.
    Been over 30 years since I’ve listened to some of these on vinyl.

Great Xmas music! Lol

#2190 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

There is a stage Live music during vip party? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get a local to provide some equipment. Warm up the vocal cords Tommy!

If you can get Derek & Puck to reinforce the stage...I'm in! Lol

1 week later
    #2218 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Does Tommy bring regular glass too?

I'm happy to bring out whatever you need. Send me a msg. anytime. Thx, T

#2221 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

more importantly Tommy do you anticipate having a Jersey Jack POTC at Yegpin this year??

Absolutely. We'll also have the rest of the JJP lineup, Houdini from AP, Thunderbirds from Homepin, Alien LE from Heighway, The Big Lebowski from Dutch/Xytech, the entire series from Chicago Gaming (including CE, SE & LE models), plus latest from Stern and a few surprises we'll announce shortly before the show.

#2227 6 years ago

You’re going to have 15+ games at yegpin?!

You bet TMC!

2 months later
    #2330 6 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Don't know if it's a Canada wide problem or just local. Day & Ross Transport has decided to send pinball machines on trucks back & forth in New Brunswick instead of direct to our Dartmouth (Halifax) depot for pick up. Extremely annoying & increases the risk of damage. The last 2 pins from Ontario to N.S. with different owners went on weird trips to add extra miles & days on to their delivery. Like what F is going on?

Hey John, Nitro has a killer rate with Vitran because of volume. They’ll deliver to Dartmouth. Msg. Me if I can help. Thx, Tommy

4 months later
    #2437 5 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Other then Flipout any warm up tournaments or open league nights in August for the Vancouver area?

Aug 25 @ 6pm (Nitro Pinball) - Flipper Freaks Pinball League

ffcrest (resized).jpgffcrest (resized).jpg
    #2440 5 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Nice!! Do you need subs or can I drop in an play? Where is this held?

Held at Nitro Pinball (Canada) #23-2337 Townline Rd., Abbotsford, BC V2T 6G1 - Open IFPA League / Drop In's welcome anytime.

2 years later
    #2924 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ponzie:

Awesome review/preview!
    Ordered an LE from Tommy before the Buffalo gameplay stream hoping to be earlier in the queue.
    Any news on when he's getting some stock to ship?
    The more I read about people playing this the more I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Just received word JJP is shipping us a small batch of SE's. No concrete timeline yet on further LE's.

1 year later
    #3664 2 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Nothing for sale here, but a cool hand-bill, found on the streets of Victoria, B.C., earlier this morning. Heaven for this weary traveller, and an excellent experience overall. High cost, but Premium experience makes it worthwhile. You play in an old bank vault. I arrived at 9 am. The FIRST technician arrived at 9:30am. The next arrived at 10:30am. Unreal.
    I now consider Victoria to be the best Pinball city in Western Canada for location play, given it has three first-class locations. With the loss of Pub 340, Vancouver doesn't hold a candle. No other city I know of can make the same claim. Kudos to their community. Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Cheers from a recently arrived back Edmontonian,
    Winston.
    [quoted image]

Much agreed! This is precisely why we'll be holding the Great Canadian FlipOut Pinball & Arcade Show @ The Powerhouse June 23-26, 2022. More details will be posted soon. It's going to be a blast!

4 months later
    #4004 1 year ago
    Quoted from Anony:

You can buy bulk from ball baron on ebay for a good shipping price.
    Nitro is fine too but the balls they sell aren't that good. I think they are the pinball life ones. I have a game with a square captive ball that put flat spots on those balls really fast. Was quite disappointed.

We do sell the Pinball Life ones as well as others. This is the first I'm hearing about any type of quality issue. Please contact [email protected] with pic/description and we'll gladly replace. Thx, Tommy

#4007 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Tommy, I've got dozens of balls I've purchased from Nitro over the years that are all worn to shit, scratches all over them, etc. Can I get those replaced too?

You're killing me Smalls!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipperfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=flipperfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.