(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballingtmc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 8 years ago

Dollar won't get stronger for years. Maybe decades. That par dollar is just a memory now. Just expect to pay at least 30% premium in a game or just trade in a game. At least all your current games are worth more...kind of

3 months later
    #273 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Say goodbye to NIB pins my friends the US just hiked their interest rates and our dollar is about to take another dump!

We need some Canadian pinball manufacturers so we can get them cheaper.

#276 8 years ago

Yeah it definitely affects used pins. Trading is only way to avoid the pain

1 week later
    #307 8 years ago

Not sure where $649 comes from? Wouldn't it be $400 plus about 40%?

#308 8 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Whats Nitro at for Color DMD's right now?

Send him an email. Not sure if they get a discount or not. Maybe they stocked up before dollar jumped too crazy?

#324 8 years ago

I sold my taf for 6500 with a colour dmd, blades, fester and limo mods. That was about a year ago.

#332 8 years ago

That will be a very tough find

#356 8 years ago

After spending the holidays in a truck in Washington the courier finally finished delivering my black mmr. The Nitro boys picked it up this morning and brought it over, packed it in and set it up for me. Can't say enough great things about nitro amusements and the service and support they offer. I was in on gold for almost 2 years and switched about a month ago. Phew! The black looks sick, nothing like a de. Txs to tommy for pulling a few strings to make the switch possible. Here are some pics of #580 safe home in Canada.

If you need anything pinball related they can do it or get it for you. Way better than starburst because nitro is all pinball and only pinball. I highly recommend them. My second nib from them and everything is top notch. Txs again Tommy and Don.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #385 8 years ago

Couldn't be a worse time to be a Canadian pinball buyer. Lots of nice titles coming out that are expensive already without adding at least 40% to the price.

1 month later
    #584 8 years ago

Just wanted to share that nitro amusements delivered me a got pro yesterday and it's awesome!

Tommy was able to give me a great deal, better price than starburst or John's jukes.

He set it all up and tested it too, I didn't have to do a thing. I can never say enough good things about the great service I have gotten over the years from tommy and don. Txs guys.

#587 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Since he has to buy them from Starburst, it makes me wonder how that was possible!
    Or maybe Starburst just really marks the games up a lot.

Yeah from the prices I've seen starburst and John's seem to put a little extra gravy on their plates.

#607 8 years ago

Met is the best for sure. Lotr is really awesome too

#619 8 years ago

If it's 7100 usd here, what is it in the states?

Don't forget nitro and John's jukes get their games from starburst. Starburst is the ones controlling the prices in Canada as they are the ones getting them from stern directly.

#621 8 years ago

It makes my metle from 2 1/2 years ago look like a steal with the price increases and the dollar.

#623 8 years ago

slimer moves sideways and blocks the ramp, extra ramp, the hologram ghosts

#626 8 years ago

Ok right. Well it makes a big difference it comes back to left flipper instead of everything just to the right flipper

#642 8 years ago

It's all relative. We just need to get over it tbh. Your 7k pro will still be worth close to that when you sell it or trade it in. Only way you will lose any real money is if dollar changes by 20 or more points or you buy a turd like wwe and the price of the game drops as its undesirable.

2 weeks later
    #699 8 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Nitro will be there with The Big Lebowski, Full Throttle and another title we've yet to announce. Looking forward to seeing the Die Hard Crew again and meeting everyone at Yegpin.

Gb or th?

#702 8 years ago

Well you already stated you are bringing gb...sounds like th is being brought by someone else for the tournament too.

Unless alien is ready then gb it is

3 weeks later
    #739 7 years ago

I thought retail was 5095 usd in Canada?

#772 7 years ago

Nitro is the shit. I've gotten 3 nib games from them and had best price and great aftercare from them.

I'll be buying 1-2 more games from them this year too.

Just go get usd to buy your games and you won't have to worry about the exchange going up or down. You will always get the most accurate price based on exchange that way.

#777 7 years ago

Scary stuff. 80k people just told to evacuate. Hope everyone gets out safe and those pins are insured.

#784 7 years ago

Chinese, Punjabi, English then French

5 months later
    #1001 7 years ago

Anyone got any details on the next yegpin show? Dates were announced, will it be same or different location? Also if there's vip party can it be on Friday and not Saturday night?

3 months later
    #1110 7 years ago

I doubt anyone's selling for less than 8k usd nib.

1 week later
    #1119 7 years ago

Yes I've played one several times at cax. It's an average game. More desirable due to rarity than actual gameplay.

4 weeks later
    #1181 7 years ago

looks like the green bastard is starting trouble...

#1185 7 years ago

Shithawks are circling

1 month later
    #1390 7 years ago

12 kings and the American as well

1 month later
    #1470 6 years ago

Greg, just realized who you are after seeing that your Pinside account is a week old. You work for Playdium, and are the same "know it all" guy we all saw running around Yegpin. Go back to the rock you crawled out from under.

You got trolled lol.

Guy makes new account just to rip on nitro...F off, nitro is good shit.

Tommy has always bent over backwards to do everything he can for his customers. I've bought several nib games there and will buy many more.

They've never claimed to be a One stop shop for parts, there's a dozen places online you can get parts, they sell and service nib games.

Cdmd is always sold out, sometimes for up to a month, they got supply issues, nothing to do with nitro.

#1488 6 years ago

I'd like to thank everyone in the pinball community for their vocal support of Nitro via Pinside, emails & phone calls. I have some very good news I'll be posting soon! Thx, T

IMG_7508 (resized).JPGIMG_7508 (resized).JPG

#1499 6 years ago

I'd like to thank everyone in the pinball community for their vocal support of Nitro via Pinside, emails & phone calls. I have some very good news I'll be posting soon! Thx, T

Ok so what's the good news? There are literally dozens...and dozens of fans waiting to hear it.

3 weeks later
    #1542 6 years ago

Local operator is planning on getting a dialed in. I told him he should have it at $2 a play, at least for the first month.

#1560 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Please become Canada's second official distributor so you can cut Player One at the knees.

At/on the knees is the only way one can earn direct distribution from Gary

4 months later
    #1911 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Alberta vs Saskatchewan showdown? Now we're talking!!

Combined you guys couldn’t beat bc

1 week later
    #1969 6 years ago

Finally!

The game has changed

Congrats tommy nice to see hard work be rewarded

#2006 6 years ago

Tmc Amusements is proud to announce we are maple ridges largest seller of used pinballs and NEW(almost) Stern pinballs.

A385590A-7FBD-40DD-B1F2-898FB767AE16 (resized).jpegA385590A-7FBD-40DD-B1F2-898FB767AE16 (resized).jpeg

#2010 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flippers_com:

So, what is your shop's address? Nice to have another business selling pins in the lower mainland. Or do you operate out of your home and have no overhead?
    John :-#)#
    flippers.com

I’m everywhere...in maple ridge that is.

#2011 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Operate out of his home?! I met him at a 7-eleven and he sold me parts out of a van! Great deal tho! Thanks Tmc ! Haha.. i do wish i lived closer for that prospecter tho!

Prospector is one of the many used games for sale in our 2 room showroom...that’s one more room than our local competitors.

Only 1200$ Shipping available.

#2021 6 years ago

Somewhat off topic (with respect to pinball) but Nitro Amusements is now selling some sort of video console device. I thought he only did pinball?
    vancouver.craigslist.ca link
    "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

Why don’t you ask Tommy yourself?

Looks like a dead link anyways

#2023 6 years ago

John’s probably too busy recounting his 5900 products and shipping his 2400 orders to worry about tuesdays announcement.

#2029 6 years ago

It’s like it’s not even special anymore to be a stern supplier...

#2032 6 years ago

Happy Thursday everyone

#2035 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Isn't there supposed to be an announcement today?

Not necessarily, I believe was just Thursday but wasn’t specified which Thursday.

#2039 6 years ago

Save your money and stop over modding games. Cdmd all you need

#2040 6 years ago

Tmc Amusenents with the scoop.

I’m confused though. I thought nitro was western and P1 was eastern Canada? John is saying P1 is only authorized seller of stern in Canada? Also why wouldn’t he have to buy thru nitro to resell?

We need answers!

2301CE78-A4E1-4839-886F-1B1E5B92A902 (resized).png2301CE78-A4E1-4839-886F-1B1E5B92A902 (resized).png

#2060 6 years ago

I can tell you that Player One (1) (who used to be Starburst) is the ONLY Canadian distributor for Stern Pinball. They have a network across Canada of authorized resellers of their lines, of which we are currently the only one in BC.
    'nuff said.
    "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

I’d like an explanation as to why you are spreading false information on pinside, Facebook and Instagram just a few days after nitro announced direct distribution from stern.

#2083 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinsOnly:

Did a big convoluted 3 way trade and was having trouble getting a Pin shipped out of Player 1, then this happens!! Nitro finds a way!! What's a 12 Hour drive each way from Tommy? Apparently just what needs to be done!! Thanks Tommy!! Much appreciated!! flipperfreak

Holy sh!t!

John won’t even deliver locally lol

Nitro ftw only place I will ever shop

#2087 6 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

The back of the Nitro van says it all
    Service/Satisfaction
    Those 2 things always equal Sales and Loyalty in my book

Be careful though, not all vans that say ‘service and satisfaction’ mean the same thing...

#2137 6 years ago

What’s everyone else quoting? 7499?

1 week later
    #2160 6 years ago

*****Breaking news:

The war for pinball territory in Canada rages on. Tmc Amusements is holding the mighty nitro pinball stool captive and won’t relinquish it until our demands are met.

Our demands are simple...all the nitro bucks.

Stay tuned.

10624CD4-131A-4CA0-A692-954366CD7390 (resized).jpeg10624CD4-131A-4CA0-A692-954366CD7390 (resized).jpeg
    B4EF38D2-2D3A-4FE4-8C0D-786B2CCD5A59 (resized).pngB4EF38D2-2D3A-4FE4-8C0D-786B2CCD5A59 (resized).png

2 weeks later
    #2182 6 years ago

Oh hell yes!!! Love

I need these in cd. Maybe nitro 2018 nitro packs? Hint hint

#2185 6 years ago

I’m pretty sure if we get tommy loaded at yegpin we can get him to sing his hits

1 week later
    #2205 6 years ago

I just give my old ones away to my friends who route

#2217 6 years ago

nitro carries glass here locally, i've bought a few sheets from tommy

#2222 6 years ago

You’re going to have 15+ games at yegpin?!

#2228 6 years ago

Damn son, guess there will be no room left for the Tmc Amusements display

6 months later
    #2436 5 years ago

I think there’s a stacked event on the last weekend of August. Probably be at pub 340. There’s a fb gtoup.

11 months later
    #2677 4 years ago

Holy shit that be amazing concert!

1 week later
    #2679 4 years ago

Yeah they terrible, unplayable even. Played them after yegpin and damn.

I guess travelers keep putting enough money in so no incentive to fix them. Little kids don’t know or care if stuff is broken.

2 months later
    3 weeks later
    #2742 4 years ago

Sopranos all day. Not much play on jy

#2745 4 years ago

Why don’t you just buy all 3 and flip them like we know you going to do anyways?

I’d still take sopranos but I really like Ridleys. Owned both btw

11 months later
    #2903 3 years ago

Moon patrol is awesome. Play all the time on my pandora box.

There’s a second arcade in new west as well, industry arcade, run by a local pinhead and pinsider.

#2913 3 years ago

Got a chance to play gnr le today at nitro pinball.

Just to preface I am a huge lifelong gnr fan. In the pit at last concert, paid for meet and greet with slash, multiple concerts, owned data east gnr for many years.

This game is absolutely fucking unbelievable lol. Immediate wow factor. The lights have to be seen, best light show I’ve ever seen on a pin.

The sound is awesome! Yes they use the real tracks and sync them with live footage so basically lip syncing but whatever it doesn’t bother me.

I found the gameplay really fun, lots of shots, scoop kick out was to left flipper every time, good flow but also some start stop. Yes there is a lot of mb, I think I saw 5 different ones, I would strongly suggest changing the default 60 second ball saver but for today was ok so I could play and see more of the game. I honestly don’t know much yet what I’m shooting for but the smaller screen behind top lanes seems to tell you what to shoot and how many more shots, pops, switches etc you need. There seems to be a lot going on as in all the shots are building towards something, playing a ball on upper pf during mb is a fun challenge. Don’t know much strategy yet was just having a blast playing. I kept playing over and over until tommy was pretty much ready to close up lol.

Eric said the goal was to bring the concert experience into the pinball and I’d say 100% they have succeeded. This is the most immersed in a pinball I have ever felt. Sitting at home a few hours later I’m still feeling the wow factor.

If you are a gnr fan this is pretty much the game you would have designed. I’m still bummed to have missed out on a ce but the le is amazing.

Ps trim is not red and there’s no clashing with trim and light show.

#2918 3 years ago

Yes burnt orange best describes it.

#2920 3 years ago

Sorry I don’t know about that. I do see lots of le’s popping up so I imagine the first batch to Canada must be soon. It will be worth the wait, this game will blow you away lol

#2938 3 years ago

If you gonna drop almost 15k on a Game you are damn well entitled to rant if the flipper is screwed up right out of the box... glad to hear it was easy fix.

Get a chance to adjust slings?

#2957 3 years ago

Txs for the write up Derek. Glad you guys got it set up way you like it.

Still curious if stronger coils can be put in but I’m sure someone will experiment.

#2959 3 years ago

I am always interested in the opinions of these world class players. If it gets their approval then I know I will no issue with it. Shitty deal about the rubbers though.

I still think pingod should just get an le so I can have his ce though lol

#2974 3 years ago

So how is the gnr le playfield holding up at arkadium?

#2983 3 years ago

So you’re saying yegpin is still alive...

#2986 3 years ago

Well it’s not completely dead but 2021 not likely imo. Hopefully 2022 though

#2991 3 years ago

Yeah we all be sitting at home until summer 21 imo.

#3006 3 years ago

Because of the broker fee you would save money by ordering from nitro. Also you would have support if you need it.

#3009 3 years ago

Lol I’m sure they wouldn’t care...the company that sold out All theIr distributors less than two weeks ago for a few hundred more thousand dollars In the investors pockets.

I guess it’s worth a try though

1 month later
    #3026 3 years ago

Sooooo how tf do I play aiq pro?

#3028 3 years ago

I did. Several times. Spin the thing. Start mode. Make many shots without missing. Repeat.

#3032 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Just shoot the flashing lights for awhile until you get bored, then sell it and buy DP.

Ok these are the best answers! Lol yeah deadpool is pretty fun, maybe cuz it’s easier? Already have jp and still loving it, had almost a year now.

Maybe aiq is just too hard for me idk

#3035 3 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Secret skill shot for 1st portal lock, 4 combos for your second portal lock, start Reality Gem. With this strategy I always end up with at least 100mil. Don't forget that the bank targets can also get you a portal lock and I believe your 10th combo does as well. Focusing on Portal locks has been the easiest strategy for me to get a good score. All the other nuances of the game will be revealed and then you can start focussing on other strategies.

Yay I real answer lol. Thank you. I had been noticing portal locks seem to be important, also has a 2x scoring that Raymond touched on too.

#3036 3 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Ya I would give up on it and just give to me. I will figure it out for you.

Sure I’ll bring it to Yegpin 2022

#3045 3 years ago

Lyman plus it’s just a fun game. Not overly complicated with easy goals for beginners and lots of modes for more advanced players.

#3046 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

From watching the streams I thought it would be too easy. Endlessly looping the centre ramp, over, and over, and over, and over...
    Maybe it was because the top players on the planet were playing it, but looked pretty boring...

Yeah Raymond can make any game look boring lol.

So can either try his combo jackpot strategy for billions or go for mbs for 100- 200m...

#3049 3 years ago
    Quoted from pkrobin:

I sort of feel that as a guy that owns both a TWD and a BM66 you are uniquely qualified to answer your own question.

Perfect answer. Couple sleepers that are awesome now

1 month later
    #3084 3 years ago

Got to play a couple hours of lz pro yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed it but i am a big zeppelin fan.

Won’t bore you with huge review just a few notes.

Sdtm is right you don’t need toys and mechs to make a great game.

The upper flipper on the pro doesn’t make much sense imo, even if you hit the target you will have a wild ball.

If you like AC/DC pinball and you like lz music you will like this game.

While you can technically hit the center ramp with upper flipper there is no reason to and it is not a natural shot. Best not to flip and trap on lower right flipper imo.

Game is super fast, ball rips around the ramps.

Yes pro is barren but I never once thought about it while playing. Was just focused on hitting ramps and combos.

Really enjoyed the lights and the mood on the pro, got me excited to experience the premium.

I would agree with the sentiment that lz shoots better than gnr but gnr looks prettier.

I’m not sure how I feel yet about the song continually playing, I’m used to games switching it up when you start a mb or mode, also it was different to count bonus and song never stopped. I didn’t hate it so maybe it’s just cuz it’s different, one plus is if you into the song and singing along you don’t lose the flow.

All that said obviously this game won’t be for everyone based on theme, the barren pf vs sterns last few pro offerings but I really loved it.

Ps I’m in on a premium day 1 and still in.

2 weeks later
    #3089 3 years ago

Pinballs are not easy to steal. Dumb criminals indeed. Surprised they even got the legs off.

1 week later
    #3099 3 years ago

Any reasonable option for ordering titan mats in or to Canada? Cheapest shipping option titan offered me was $76!

#3101 3 years ago

Yeah I’ve got one from Costco and it’s good, was just curious about the Titans but the shipping makes no sense and doubles the price.

#3106 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Fellers, get yourself a nice pair of slippers and some orthotics. Then you can stand on a spiffy hotel rug from The Shining and flip in style.
    [quoted image]
    But for real, orthotics in the slippers is a game changer at home. Also, it's no anti-fatigue mat but you can just buy an area rug and put underlay under it and that is cheap and helps offset the pain train.

I actually do use a nice pair of slippers, I also found slides with or without socks with good too.

3 months later
    #3159 2 years ago

Just out of curiosity, did any Canadians order the new fathom?

3 weeks later
    #3232 2 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Now for sale on nitropinball.com

Interesting.

Quoted from PinWoofer:

Greetings! Since we were mentioned...
    I never knock the external sub approach and many add both the PinWoofer system and an external to get a completely immersive audio experience. This is particularily true of the music titles. Most seek the completely integrated internal solution we provide as a stand-alone and immediately find that there is plenty of bass intensity and a richly defined backbox sound field. There really is no substitute; you'll hear new things and enjoy stereo separation, well bracketed sound effects and clarity owing to the increased power and headroom at any volume level.
    An external sub can provide virtually unlimited bass and may lead you to believe you've reached nirvana but you're still relegated to the de-rated factory amplifier and backbox. A comparison might be adding a sub to your flat panel TV. Sure, you'll get more bass but the majority of your theatre experience should be reproduced by a good amplifier and contained in the upper speakers where a superior sound field can be realized. The same principal applies to our solution and hearing is believing.
    The SAM titles (ACDC) sound remarkably good with our system and hands-down, GNR may be the best sounding title of all time. However, the factory audio hardware is wrong and limits the potential of the track. The PinWoofer system replaces the cabinet speaker and tweeters with what needs to be there, and more importantly, our power solution and amplifier take it to the next level.
    Thought I'd share and thanks so much for your time and attention!

Txs for the post, I just got my gnr and right away noticed the music could definitely sound better.

#3239 2 years ago

Txs for the post. It’s expensive but if any game deserves a treat it’s gnr imo.

4 months later
    #3338 2 years ago

Anyone know if xpin displays flash for which player is up? Or are they always just solid?

#3339 2 years ago

Anyone connected polk subs using just alligator clips?

My understanding is two games can be connected to one sub and can simply clip to existing sub.

Trying to avoid soddering.

#3353 2 years ago

Nitro has a few brands of invisiglass

#3360 2 years ago

The new voodoo glass is pretty much the same damn thing.

Saw several sheets in some games last week and it’s nice.

I just ordered 6 sheets.

#3362 2 years ago

I don’t know. It was in a machine.

I’m gonna pick up some sheets next week when Tommy’s back from expo.

1 week later
    #3389 2 years ago

Jordan in Vernon selling one.

#3397 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can get some alligator clips in a 2m/6’ length?

#3400 2 years ago

Lol they to clip polks to existing subs, some of us need a bit of extra length know what I mean

#3403 2 years ago

Good idea. Probably cheapest and best way. Seems all the pre made ones only 1m.

2 weeks later
    #3436 2 years ago

I’m definitely coming to yegpin unless world is too f’ed still

1 month later
    #3487 2 years ago

Can’t stop playing gz premium since I got it. Added shaker and hooked up to a polk, amazing.

Wish list for this year is new bttf, a jjp potc rerun and a couple old sterns like nineball and seawitch.

1 week later
    #3498 2 years ago

Any pins for sale lolol

#3500 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I have a shadow I'd part with for 9k if you're interested.

Well played!

3 weeks later
    #3617 2 years ago

Best way to accept payment from an American buyer?

#3620 2 years ago

Cash not an option.

Wire transfer if I set up a usd bank account perhaps?

#3625 2 years ago

Never used wise before.

Is having a bank transfer mailed to me a good option?

Wired into a usd account I set up should be fool proof right? And yes Definitely send small amount of 5$ first. Good idea.

#3628 2 years ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinball:

Never too old to learn. Start using crypto and send using anything other than the ERC-20 network. Pennies per transaction, fast and no border issues.

How many shib is a pin?

1 year later
    #4496 1 year ago

Is this where we post games for sale?

#4499 1 year ago

Nothing much, I mostly just hoard lol.

4 months later
    #4561 9 months ago

What’s a decent fully working sinbad and also stern Dracula worth?

#4564 9 months ago

Txs guys, was thinking about 2500 each but wanted to check

2 weeks later
    #4590 8 months ago

What’s a lov worth? And how badly does it suck lol. Been offered one in partial trade.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballingtmc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=extraballingtmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.