(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirkdiggler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

290 posts in this topic match your search for posts by dirkdiggler. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #182 8 years ago

Let's get it correct. Pilsner is from Saskatchewan. It's brewed in other places but is a Saskatchewan beer and should only be used as mouthwash when you go camping. If you like to waste money you can buy expensive 6 packs of craft beers or buy cheaper brands that taste great like Brewhouse. Only a $1 a beer. So is PC beer that's not bad either.

#183 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Its crap and tastes like piss, sorry.

What does piss tastle like? Haha, couldn't resist.

#184 8 years ago

I was wrong about pilsner being from Saskatchewan. Guess there's a first for everything.

#188 8 years ago

I picked up a case of this Hek for $9.99 at superstore last weekend. Surprisingly it was pretty good. Better than alot of molson and labbatt products. 20150925_191254.jpg20150925_191254.jpg

#190 8 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

Mmm beer.. (wish I didnt have to work tomorrow)

Drinking is a full time job, which I treat very seriouslyWonder what that says about me?

#192 8 years ago

Great western breweries is in Saskatoon and have a few good beers including Brewhouse. Saskatchewan is still government run liquor stores so I like to buy in bulk when I go to Lloyd. It's almost double $$ here than in Alberta:/

#194 8 years ago

Here's this weekends selection. Palm Bay coolers and Vodka for the wife and her friends. Beer and Rye for the boys!20150926_194051.jpg20150926_194051.jpg

#198 8 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Wow You need to invest in better quality booze.

You're more than welcome to bring me some! There's always crown royal in the cupboard but I keep that for myself.

#200 8 years ago

If you're coming to watch the game or play a few games of pinball bring whatever you like. If you're drinking mine sure as hell don't complain. Beggers can't be choosers. And fill the bong once in a while too!

#206 8 years ago

Has anyone seen these before? They're made by funko pop and are comic con exclusives. 20150922_082849.jpg20150922_082849.jpg20150922_082929.jpg20150922_082929.jpg

1 week later
    #210 8 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

For those that didn't know,Dirty Donny will be at the Calgary Tattoo and Art show. Sept 18-20.

Didn't September already end? Lol. Don't you mean October?

1 year later
    #992 7 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

I see the Calgary pinheads have a new location to play pinball. Nice lineup. Cool to see a taf on location.
    Atlantic Trap & Gill.

Too bad I didn't see this last week when I was in ctown. Would've been nice to play taf again.

#994 7 years ago

As a ol' skool rastlin fan, it would be cool to hang out with the liontamer this weekend.

y.jpegy.jpeg

#995 7 years ago

Does anyone have a lead on a Aurich Star Trek alternate translite and decal package?

Thanks,

J

#998 7 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I had a set and sold it,bought it for my LE and never used it.
    I still have a NOS CC STLE play field if someone wants it.

Bummer. I would have bought it. Glwts.

Quoted from nightsearcher:

You should just buy Rob's ST in Regina for the translite Jay. Then sell yours. Don't think anybody will let a Aurich translite go.

Rob sold his st. I can get the AC/DC one no problem. Hopefully someone will part with theirs. Prefer not to go ebay. I'm thinking of maybe designing my own. Anyone out there designed their own translite?

#1002 7 years ago

Look at what my wife found today. No Eskimos or Roughriders though.

20161019_192754 (resized).jpg20161019_192754 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #1014 7 years ago

I'm looking to pickup a 4 player mame/multicade. I know what I can build a 2 player for but not sure my skills and lack of equipment are good enough to build a 4 player with trackball, etc.
    What's a decent/fair price on a used 4 player multicade with trackball for golden tee games?

Thanks

#1020 7 years ago

What kind of dog Jason? Wife thinks he's cute. When is the grand opening?

Quoted from smokedog:

The final push, with all the help I can get ... this one didn't help with the painting.

1 week later
    #1026 7 years ago

Can any pinsiders recommend a good bbq restaurant in or around Edmonton? Family friends from Europe are visiting and would like some good bbq.

Thanks guys!

#1028 7 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Pampa Brazilian Steak House

Thanks. I'll look it up.

#1032 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll pass them on.

That Pampas sounds awesome. So is it unlimited meat from 10 choices for $50?
    There was a Korean bbq on 51st Ave back in the 90s that was buffet style and really good.

#1035 7 years ago
    Quoted from smiley:

for Korean I like B-Bim-Baab. Odd location in industrial area, but very popular with Koreans.

Same with the one on 51ave and like 91st. Real industrial area. I went to Wagner comp for a semester and went there a few times. First time I ever had meat sweats.

#1036 7 years ago

Do they still do the entertainment coupon book? My parents bought a couple every year. We discovered lots of amazing restaurants because of it.
    I always talked mom and pops into red robin at whitemud so I could play fishtales.

#1041 7 years ago

For our birthday we always got to choose a restaurant to go to.
    Von's Steakhouse just off Whyte Ave was always my brother's choice. Good grub. Great primerib.
    Mine was Bistro Pihrah downtown. Best steak tar tar I've ever had and huge viener snitzlels and cordon blues.

Quoted from smokedog:

I always gorge myself at Dadeo's when I visit Edmonton. I can't help it.

My first real job was a dish pig there

2 weeks later
    #1053 7 years ago

Looking good! Can't wait to head to Saskatoon in the new year.
    Are you going to hold tournaments at pokeys? When's grand opening?

1 week later
    #1062 7 years ago

If not sports on tap is open today

Quoted from Dee-Bow:is this open today?!?! In saskatoon for the weekend & going to play pins today somewhere!! Wooot

#1065 7 years ago

Used to always be a solid lineup b4 pokeys new adventure. Always had a Metallica. Tron, walking dead, ghostbusters, game of thrones on rotation.
    Bartari should be opening soon and there used to be be games at the soccer rec centre.

#1071 7 years ago

Has anyone been thru Edmonton international airport lately? I'm in Leduc for a week and was thinking of driving over to see what pins are there. Unless anyone knows of any pins on location in Leduc area? (Used to be a beatup junkyard at Kosmos lounge)

Thanks

#1074 7 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

The games at the Airport are usually pretty beat. Come down to Lucky's tonight! We are having our first league night of the year and might be able to get you playing as a sub.

Thanks, but a little too far after a day of traveling.

#1075 7 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Anyone have an idea how much ACDC Pro is worth?

I was offered a pro last month for $5500 with bell mod and a few others in Alberta

#1078 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

I believe you have to go through security to get to the games there in the airport. Your best bet is Beercade or the Rec Room (only two pins) if you are in Leduc. League night is a blast at Lucky's awesome format and lots if good people to be social with. League has 36 players and we are always looking for spares on that night.

Sounds like a good time but I'm 45 min to the southside or Devon. And the highways sucked today. Have a fun night guys!

Anyone know if Kosmos in leduc still have pins?

#1081 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Last time I was at kosmos they had a AC/DC pro and Boston pizza had a stern batman
    The laundry mat by royal pizza has a beat up earthshaker and pinbot

Thanks Stretch! I'm probably heading into Leduc Friday. Are you still enjoying BC?

#1097 7 years ago

You guys see the lineup at flames community arena? Man they'd get at least $50 a week from me with that selection.

Taf
    Batman
    Dm
    Ft
    Flintstones
    Hobbit Smaug
    Rfm
    Shadow
    T2
    Wcs

#1099 7 years ago

The Calgary guys definitely have good choices now. Lucky Cowboys

#1100 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Last time I was at kosmos they had a AC/DC pro and Boston pizza had a stern batman
    The laundry mat by royal pizza has a beat up earthshaker and pinbot

Stopped by Kosmos tonight. Acdc was beat up. Both flipper rubbers were crusty old and snapped, but still attached. Lol. 2 credits for a buck but I left after 2 balls. Lucky for us the new 2017 golden tee next to it had 17 credits in it

3 weeks later
    #1122 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bronty:

ebay.com link

1 week later
    #1127 7 years ago

Calling him up couldn't hurt. If he did intentionally sell it to you that way, that bridge is already on fire. Probably why he had his wife deal with you.

#1142 7 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Should I take a van/truck?

Yes. I'll be bringing a pin and arcades and plan on coming home empty

#1146 7 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

What are you brining for sale I figure I still have room for two more machines.

I think I'll need another vip pass for Friday so might as well bring something to share and sell.
    I'll know closer to the event what pin or pins I'll bring. Something not on list preferably. I've got a Legendary Wings buried in back of the garage. I'll dig it out in the spring. Good 2 player game.

1 week later
    #1149 7 years ago

Wife showed me a story yesterday about a 7000sq2 mansion in Nova Scotia selling for $450,000.

Who knew the Addams family lived in the maritimes?

th (resized).jpegth (resized).jpeg

th-1 (resized).jpegth-1 (resized).jpeg

#1193 7 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

what is the deal with all the douchebags on kijiji? How do you guys deal with the lunacy?

Try posting here and see what happens

As with selling anything. You don't need 100 buyers, you just need 1. We've flipped 3 houses with no realtor and every time we heard on how overpriced the house was. Well we're 3 for 3 on getting full asking price! Just got to wait for the right buyer.

Did you end up getting close to your asking price?

#1206 7 years ago

Where's the best place to order fuses in Canada?

#1209 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Digikey - if you order int he morning you're shipment will be at your front door the next day.

Thanks. Ninjaboot suggested the same.

1 week later
    #1246 7 years ago

Is there a color dmd for flintstones? That would look amazing in color. Amazing amount of work Curtis put into it. Would love to try it when I'm by you? I bring beer

1 week later
    #1274 7 years ago

Only heard good reviews about pandora's box 4. Think the raspberry pii 3 has more to offer in same price range. I've only heard bad things about the blue elf. Choppy, and poor interface, but haven't tried personally. Just going from what my arcade guy passed along.

#1275 7 years ago

Any food recommendations at Lucky's Lounge? Stopping by tomorrow for lunch and some pins

#1279 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Ha, the food is not one of the bright spots, people get the clubhouse a lot but overall the food is a 6 out of 10... The pins are a solid 9 out of 10 thou for location pinball. The shooter rod on GB being the only exception.

Thanks for the heads up! Pins only I guess.

Simply Donairs on the trail it is!

#1282 7 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Shoot me a text when your headed there

Pm sent!

I'm pretty sure to win this bet that I'm the only pinsider who doesn't own a cell phone

#1284 7 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Lol.... what no cell phone!!!!

Still have a land line and no call display

#1293 7 years ago

I'll bring it back. Stopped by Lucky's Lounge in Edmonton. Excellent lineup of well maintained games. Only bop was down. Wish I had more time to play the games. Really enjoyed gb premium. You pinheads who live in and by major cities with excellent pins on location are very lucky.

Maybe I should buy the collection in spruce grove and open a location in Lloyd?

#1299 7 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

MMr (priced higher than NiB), ToM, TotAN, NGG, T3 ... yours for only $40K! Buy now!

Then I can sell my routed games for $400 less then nib prices?

1 week later
    #1338 7 years ago

Hey Saskatchewan guys.... just letting ya know a new location for pins in saskatoon!!! Zervos tavern has five pins. They are open 9:30am-2:00am everyday.... so if your in town stop by! Current line up is :
    AEROSMITH PRO
    AC/DC premium
    Transformers pro
    Lethal weapon 3
    Sorcerer

Stopped by Zervos at 10am this morning. Went to try the lineup out but had more fun with the two young blondes doing jack shooters at 10:30 in the morning "Why are you playing pinball?" I got asked a half a dozen times or so.

I went specifically to play Aerosmith. Man what a disappointment. (Gameplay, not condition) Sorcerer and transformers got the rest of my money. I don't know why no love for transformers. My first time playing it and enjoyed it enough where I'd like to own one. If you consider parting with it toaster maybe we can work something out.

All in all, nice neighborhood pub. Great lineup, friendly waitress, free popcorn, 10 vlts or so, beer was pricy and only 3 beers on tap but menu looked good. Definitely recommend popping in when you're in Saskatoon.

#1340 7 years ago

I hate that every 2 of 3 balls exits the bumbers hits the slings and drains without even flipping once. Then the 2nd ball goes straight from bumpers to right lane drain. Also felt very Metallica but not in a fun way. Only played 5 games and moved on. I can't stand when you lose cause of no fault of your own. Like the animations and playfield artwork but just not for me. I'll put $20 in tf and sorcerer instead!

#1344 7 years ago

No ball save would be even more brutal. I'd probably enjoy it at a home environment where my dollar doesn't disappear in under 2 minutes. Seriously fastest I've ever drained 3 balls. Probably under 1 min. Once I got to play a while not knowing rules at all it seemed fun but I keep hearing sparky and made me wish pokeys was open to go play met.

#1347 7 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

I was for sure at the cafe. Should have stopped by and banged on the door!

I thought about stopping but the Masters were on and still had a 2hr drive. Next time I'll stop by for a cuban lunch for sure!

#1349 7 years ago
    Quoted from earflaps:

Toastmaster, is Alien on-route anywhere or is that in your personal collection for now? I'm going through Saskatoon on my way to YegPin and thought I might check it out if it was on-route.

If he puts aliens on route I'll be making weekly trips

#1354 7 years ago

If it does happen let's hope you don't hate it as much as aerosmith

I don't hate it, more disappointed. Aliens looks badass from videos I've seen. Has yours been delivered yet?

#1360 7 years ago

Fastest pickup yet. Guy shows up at my door. Walks over to the game. Puts everything inside. Pays me. Grabs the socket. Takes the head off. We carry cab to his truck with legs on. He grabs it, throws it on it's side with the legs on, closes the gate, shakes my hand and he gone!

10 minutes tops! Why can't all pickups be that easy

#1362 7 years ago

I asked if he wanted to take the legs off but nope. Just grabs it, leans it over and picked it up. Pretty impressive! Should have taken a pic but he peeled out quick. Little ford ranger with a game sitting on its side heading back to Edmonton

#1371 7 years ago

Anyone a fan of taxidermy? I picked this up at a antique and collectors auction yesterday.
    My wife hates it. If interested in adding it to your collection, shoot me a message. It's about 5ft x 2ft
    Could deliver to Yegpin.

122340026_scaled_552x288 (resized).jpg122340026_scaled_552x288 (resized).jpg

#1373 7 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

That would be great topper for BBBB! Ad a few LEDs in the eyes of the fox and rabbit and maybe a motorized tale that wags back and forth? Let me know when its ready.

That would be sweet! It was originally in the Mancaves store in Lloydminster with a $1500 price tag on it. (no wonder they went out of business)
    I'm looking to get $150 for it.

Hey noah42, you just got a bbh? Would definitely be the most creative topper out there.

#1387 7 years ago

Wow, that's a lot of orange jerseys in Edmonton at Rogers Place! Nice they're cranking Metallica too!
    Go Oilers!

1 week later
    #1415 7 years ago
    Quoted from earflaps:

I have a few meetings in Saskatoon and will hanging around until Wednesday...is the Pinmap with machines on location fairly accurate? I was planning on visiting Pokey's but I see Jason isn't open until Wednesday. Does Bartari's only have the Ghostbusters Pro currently? I was at Sports on Tap about a month ago and not really that interested in playing those again...any other suggestions?

Zervos is just west of pokey's.

#1417 7 years ago

Good morning???

20170426_064138 (resized).jpg20170426_064138 (resized).jpg

#1423 6 years ago

Now you're just bragging

#1428 6 years ago
    Quoted from noahd42:

Haha I don't think taxidermy would fly with the girlfriend unfortunately!

What about a badass hand carved wooden hawk and fish? Would look great on top of bbh!

20170424_113407 (resized).jpg20170424_113407 (resized).jpg

20170424_113452 (resized).jpg20170424_113452 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #1443 6 years ago

I'm driving the wife to Saskatoon for meetings Monday. Bummer Pokey's is closed Mondays. I see he has a MMR now.

What's the current lineup at Zervos? Tf and sorcerer still there?

#1449 6 years ago

FINALLY some decent weather here. Off to see if anything is biting at the trout pond this morning besides mosquitoes.

20170511_181717 (resized).jpg20170511_181717 (resized).jpg

#1455 6 years ago

Big thanks to Toasterman for the awesome hospitality this afternoon at Zervos. Pins playing awesome. Beer tasting great. Banged out a couple high scores on his acdc premium. Could have stayed all night. Looking forward to next visit already.

3 weeks later
    #1519 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ive:

Starting in Quebec - ending up in St.Johns Newfoundland , camping/hiking roadtrip !- we love the great outdoors, seeing wildlife,

It's a little further for you but nothing is better then the Canadian Rocky Mountains in Alberta and BC!!! Kananaskis and Jasper especially for hiking

#1522 6 years ago

One of these days I won't go to Saskatoon on a Monday

20170612_115114 (resized).jpg20170612_115114 (resized).jpg

#1525 6 years ago

ZERVOS open 9am-2am 7 days a week!!!!!
    Current lineup
    Black jack
    AC/DC
    Aerosmith
    Transformers
    And coming soon Volley!!!!!
    Also stay tuned for a lineup change soon

You know I would never leave toontown without stopping in for a quick few games Snapped the pokeys pic driving back. Can't wait for the new arrival Toaster

#1530 6 years ago

Another place to play pins in Saskatoon (and possibly the best name) The Feisty Goat. Have a Gold Wings and Secret Service!

Wow! I think that makes 6 locations to play in a small city? Way to go guys!! Pinball is booming in northern Saskatchewan. Thanks to Jason, Kevin and the others for routing their games. Here's to good earnings for you all

#1532 6 years ago

Hey I got a question about cost of game on location. Without naming the operator or location, someone is actually trying to charge $2.00 per game. Is it just me or is this fuk'n crazy? Sorry, I can't see myself paying $2 to play a game of pinball on location EVER! I like to support pinball on location when i come across it but feel that is being totally greedy. Thoughts?

#1536 6 years ago
    Quoted from noahd42:

What game? I've heard of some places charging more on games like Wizard Of Oz. Ball times should be longer on that and Jersey Jack games are loaded with features plus the cost reflects that. I wouldn't be offended, I just probably wouldn't be lining up to play.

Areosmith pro. The ghostbusters beside it was a $1.00. Not sure if the kickout (library) on the left side of GB can be adjusted but EVERY time it would kick it sdtm. Basically made it unplayable or unenjoyable at best. I sat and finished my pint at the bar instead

#1539 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah the GB lockout can be easily adjusted

I assumed it could be adjusted. I think he has it set that way on purpose. If it is the same operator as before the games were always leaning left for cheap drains and super sensitive tilt. What is really frustrating is it's the only location pinball within a 1 hr drive of me. Better to drive the extra 40 minutes and go to Saskatoon to support real pinball enthusiasts, not a greedy operator.

#1544 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

I'd be totally down for a road trip! kerimonster is in!

We should do a pinball bar hop, roughriders style

#1548 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

J & J's Canadian Pinball Adventure hitting Kickstarter 2018, in theaters 2020.

Count me in! What about a food and beer aspect and sell it to the travel channel as a reality show? Pins and beers across the great white north? 2 hosers playing pinball? Start in the east and work our way back west? Haha. Would be fun!

1 week later
    #1568 6 years ago

$7 Schooners at sports on tap in saskatoon. Just missed out on gc score Damn sensitive tilt.
    Also cracked 500 mil on my first game of gladiators. No high score though.

20170703_164337 (resized).jpg20170703_164337 (resized).jpg

#1569 6 years ago

Also any Saskatoon pinsiders want to meet up later at Zervos? Burger and a beer $10. The friendly neighborhood pub added a friendly neighborhood Spidey

20170703_113803 (resized).jpg20170703_113803 (resized).jpg

20170703_113821 (resized).jpg20170703_113821 (resized).jpg

#1571 6 years ago

Big thanks to toasterman and his wife for a welcome distraction tonight from the past few days! I got 2 #1 scores at 2 different locations today! I think I hear medievil madness at pokeys's calling my name tomorrow.

1 week later
    #1591 6 years ago

Just wanted to give a big thanks and shout out to @ twilight1 for helping a brother out the other night.
    Any time your around, you're more then welcome to try and put Rudy to sleep

1 week later
    #1598 6 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Ummm Pics please

Check the best thread on pinside out for pics. Let's see pics of gamerooms.

@volkdrive, man sweet looking space! Amazing lineup! And great avatar

#1614 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Thanks Dion
    Good time,happy to take the cup home.

Ah, the mirrored ceilings at luckys. Memories

#1628 6 years ago

There's a free 4x8 air hockey table on Calgary kijiji. They're space eaters but always fun.

2 weeks later
    #1642 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

We want to give a huge thanks to Big J's Arcade as they have signed up as title sponsor for the 2017 Big J's Arcade PinGolf Championship.

Sounds like fun. If it wasn't opening weekend for football, I'd head down. Have fun everyone!!

2 weeks later
    #1664 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Calgary has Dialed In Le on location in the Station pub riverbend along with a new star wars and few others wow turning out to be a awesome location . Thanks To Richard !

Looks like a great lineup. So jealous. Now the burning question. Does pingod own shoes?

#1672 6 years ago

I was just talking with a friend about the John Trudeau case and was wondering what other fellow Canadians think? Would/will you sell a game from your collection because it was made by a alleged monster? Seems that alot of people are and will be. Personally I don't play pinball for the designer so it wouldn't sway me to sell a game but i don't have kids either so would like to hear others thoughts on it?

#1717 6 years ago

Is the sapp tournament today or was it last week? Mil's plane was delayed till today so I'll be down in Saskatoon tonight most likely. I'd like to get a few games in on SW or afmr before heading back. Thanks

#1719 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

SAPP tourney is tonight at the cafe. It's always the last Thursday of the month. Free play at 6, tourney start at 7.

What time does it usually go to? Might be little tight on time for me.

#1735 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Finals at 3pm
    Derek is the last remaining Edmonton player. Come down and play some pin/cheer on your city!

So who won? Results anywhere?

2 weeks later
    #1756 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

I had the pleasure of stopping in at Pokey's Pinball Cafe last night in Saskatoon. Got to meet Smokedog and play his great collection of games. If you are ever in the Saskatoon area it is a must stop. The games are maintained very well and he has a good selection from solid state to end era to modern machines. From what I have been told they have great food there too and it is all ages till 8:00pm. Got a chance to light up some scores and finally figured out how to play Star Wars!!! Thanks for a great night look forward to stopping by again if I am in town!!!

What's your thoughts on Star Wars Derek? Rules, design?
    Pokey's wasn't open yet when I went last week so ended up down the street playing toaster's afmr.

#1760 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Find me a location (all ages) space around some traffic and I’ll do it.

Not sure if they're still there but what about gateway lanes or reds? Any of the dollar theaters still have arcades?

2 weeks later
    #1804 6 years ago

Aerosmith pro was $2 in Lloyd and within 2 weeks the price was dropped to a buck a game cause no one played it. Tuesday at Pokey's is the best deal anywhere, imo!

Off topic but I see pool tables in bars trying to charge $2 a game. That's insane to me

#1810 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

It has two separate controllers for the speaker and panel led's as well, so the speaker led's pulse to the sound and the panel I just have set to cycle through colours. It really fits the theme well! I just need to get Pin Stadium lights installed into it, and upgrade the speakers (and maybe, finally, completely figure out the multiball issue...maybe).

Looks awesome brother! Has anyone installed pin stadium lighting yet? It looks cool on the thread but what about in person? Also hear it's pricey $$$

#1819 6 years ago

That's better then the $550us I originally heard.
    To do a game with full leds is around $200 and some pics I saw had incandescent lighting and still glowed.

Great looking volkdrive!! Please post b4 and after pics of rz when you complete it.

#1822 6 years ago

Can't wait to see it some older Williams and Bally games.

#1823 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

So, in other news, what are your guys thoughts on the new JJP? It's officially launching tonight, but the first few photos leaked within the last hour. The theme isn't for me, but I think it looks great and looks like a lot of fun to shoot on.

Don't care for the theme but game looks fun. Looking forward to seeing a video of it in action

#1826 6 years ago

Jjppotc looks really cool, imo. Jjp are sure creative with their innovations. Stern better step it's game up.
    I think I'm becoming infatuated with tna lately. I've been gravitating towards tough early 80s Bally's lately and tna fits the bill. Anyone else interested in tna?

#1836 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Alright, TNA owners rally up, we'll get a c-can full of TNA's shipped to us!

I'm in if it's not 9k cnd delivered! Kev? That's 3. Who else?

2 weeks later
    #1845 6 years ago

Off topic:
    Great deal at Co-Op this week for 2" tie downs.. Stock up now for your pin hauling needs

20171027_073317 (resized).jpg20171027_073317 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #1857 6 years ago

Wtf? I swapped games last Saturday and gas in Saskatoon was 89.9 a litre. Today, 6 days later and gas is 116.9!!! $.27 increase in 6 days

Do you remember a jump that big in price in that short of a time? Fuk'n crazy

#1859 6 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Jumped to 139 in Kamloops

Yikes! What was it a week or 2 ago?

#1868 6 years ago

I still find it hard to believe that in a week it jumped as much as it did. Gotta be some kind of bend over and take it hosers record. I've seen 7 to 10 cent jumps but 15 to 25 cents in a week? Come on. What did the frenchie in the east do to piss off the Americans? Lol

#1871 6 years ago

Sorry for gas talk derail. Back to pinball.

Does DHPL need/use subs or alternates? I'll be in the Edmonton area for a few weeks in later Nov, early Dec and would like to test my skills against some better competition if there's something going on.

Or at minimum, I'd like to arrange a day or evening get together with some other pinsiders for some beers and pins. Is there still a free play day at Lucky's?

Thanks guys

#1874 6 years ago

Blankets are great for dust as well. Less windexing. I jack my games up though and blankets just end up on the floor

Quoted from toasterman04: I notice a lot of people put blankets over the games when they are not being played. not sure if it is to protect the glass from scratches, or from the sun, or they use their pins as a shelf when they aren't playing them.

#1879 6 years ago

NICE!!!! I am stuck at work till 5... but then head home watch the Riders hopefully win and then some poker and the Big Fight then cap it off with some pinball (like every night).... gonna be a great night

Did my invitation get lost in the mail?? Lol

#1882 6 years ago

Lol your never in the city

Thought you maybe texted it to me

Eagles make the super bowl, you better be expecting me!

#1889 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

back to back, who is in to drive to Saskatoon, SK?

smokedog what time does your last chance start?

Now that's dedication. I love Google maps. Let's just take a 1hr detour to cold lake. Lol

#1890 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

who is in to drive to Saskatoon, SK?

And it's only a little over 4hrs! I'll tag along from the Battlefords if anyone is seriously considering it

#1902 6 years ago

Alberta vs Saskatchewan showdown? Now we're talking!!

#1904 6 years ago

Off topic but I know some of you are sports fanatics like myself.

Ex Blue Jays and Phillies pitcher Roy Halladay passed away today at age 40 in a plane crash. Was the face of baseball in Canada for years.

Rip Doc

#1912 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

I personally challenge all of saskatchewan during the yegpin vip party.

Sure, throw a challenge out when you know we'll all be 10 cups deep. How about Saturday when we're all fighting nasty hangovers?

#1916 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Ontario waiting.....watching....hehehehehehe

For one of these? index.jpegindex.jpeg

Long trip for a butt whooping no? See you guys in May

#1919 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Ha would love to see this but there is a huge commitment on both sides to make an event like that to happen. It would need to happen at YEGPIN (not ideal as there is way too much going on and the serious players will want to focus on WCPC and Classics qualifying) or at Alberta Challenge Cup (this is more doable but then SK has to travel to AB (Edmonton or Calgary) for the event every year and we would need to do this on a Sunday morning). The format would need to be different as well as we would not want to take away from what makes the ACC so special. Lots of roadblocks but anything is possible.

A few Edmonton guys bring a game or two. A few Saskatoon guys bring a game a two. I kick the wife out for a weekend and we have a kickass border battle at my place

#1923 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Would love to see this happen in Lloydminster, again logistics becomes a problem but we have a better chance to be able convince 8 guys/girls to show up for the event if it is only a couple of hours away, the problem is that would be a pretty big trek for Calgary guys. But if it was done every other year. IE: Edmonton / Lloydminister then this would be more doable. There are currently 15 league events, 3 major tournaments just in Edmonton. Calgary has the same if not more in their city, plus the ACC, and now a AB/SK border battle it becomes difficult to fit it all in but I am all for putting it together if people want it to happen.

I was more or less joking that it would be fun to get some guys together for a weekend sometime. Slide some couches around and we could get 12 games in my living room/dining room. Too bad I don't have a larger collection or I'd be happy to host a yearly event.

#1941 6 years ago

Got snow?

20171116_131831.jpg20171116_131831.jpg

#1947 6 years ago

Haha, it started around 8am and snowed heavy here till around 5pm. Must have snowed 6" easy. I shoveled 3x today! I think it snowed more today then all of last year. F'n crazy!

#1979 6 years ago

Yes, Tommy rocks, but that is freaking awesome

#1998 6 years ago

Tommy and Nitro are the bomb! I'm not a nib guy but if I was, Tommy would be my first call. Great news that we can buy parts now for sterns without getting bent over with shipping/fees. Even if there is competition, I think most of us will support Tommy. Congrats guys

#2012 6 years ago

Hopefully someone has a answer for this question.

Is there any locations south of Edmonton to play that you guys are aware of? Calmar, Devon, leduc, wetaskawin, camrose?
    I know of the airport and kosmos in leduc. Any others?

Thanks

#2018 6 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks John's posts come across as trolling

#2024 6 years ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

I can confirm the laundry mat in Ponoka has a Party Zone. Good times to be had there.

Quoted from Stretch7:

Boston pizza in Leduc has a Batman dark night. Laundry mat by western budget has a beat up pinbot and earthshaker

Thanks guys. Darcy let me know about the beat up es and pb. I'm in pigeon lake for a bit so trying to find somewhere to play. Ponoka isn't far. Was that your old pz Tony?

I checked the brewhouses and taprooms in Camrose today but nothing. Never thought of BP's

#2045 6 years ago

I LOVE THURSDAYS!!!!

Fridays are even better!!

#2047 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

dirkdiggler is right... Fridays are boss. Hey, who is going to last chance Nov 9th?

I would go for sure, but I'll be back in Saskatchewan by then

#2059 6 years ago

I go to Lloyd monthly to stock up on cheap Alberta booze

#2085 6 years ago

I showed my wife the pic of Tommy Floyd and Tommy now at Dave's and my old man (74) walks by and says "the guy with the goatee looks like a guy I'd like to have beers with. The skinny guy, not so much"
    We both busted out laughing

Tommy, you're the man!

#2092 6 years ago

Anyone know the current lineup at Denzian Hall in Edmonton? For some reason they don't put it on their website.

*edit* forgot about pinmap.

#2103 6 years ago

It's a big country

Quoted from luch:what city are you coming to ?

#2108 6 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Just wondering if anyone from Calgary has seen/played the Earthshaker for sale on Kijiji. I am very interested in this game, would anyone be willing to check it out for me?

Cam in Edmonton has a earthshaker for sale. Not sure about a Calgary one?

#2113 6 years ago

Not sure about JJP but Spooky sells direct to the public. You realize there's not a ton of manufacturers of pinball machines?

Quoted from chinosts:

Wow that seems a bit counter productive on the part of Stern. How about the other pinball manufacturers out there? Do they all sell exclusively to distributers?
    I guess it's too much trouble for them to deal with end users directly.

#2130 6 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Back to flipping (and not the bird).

It's such a great stress relief though. You should try it

index.jpegindex.jpeg

#2142 6 years ago

The guy I bought st pro off of is your classic rich guy. Decides to do a mancave. Goes to sml in calgary and buys st pro, imve and a expensive nascar sit down driver. Doesn't even look at the receipt. Gets new girlfriend who doesn't like games and sells it all off without barely using them and at huge losses. Mentioned sml charged him like $1000 to deliver and set them up.

3 weeks later
    #2186 6 years ago

There is a stage Live music during vip party? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get a local to provide some equipment. Warm up the vocal cords Tommy!

Quoted from extraballingtmc:I’m pretty sure if we get tommy loaded at yegpin we can get him to sing his hits

3 months later
    #2349 6 years ago

I'm looking to get a few stools for in front of the arcade and multicade and don't want to spend alot. Don't care on subject matter. Any leads on where to buy?

index.jpegindex.jpeg

#2361 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cam:

Costco has some nice modern looking ones for $29 each in store. Gun metal colored powder coating...

Great price but my fat ass needs some cushion

They have nice high back leather chairs online for around $100 each but to pricy for me.

2 months later
    #2407 5 years ago
    Quoted from silverball0:

So did this thread just up and die? Haven't seen a post in over a month?

Probably due to summer. Lots of guys I know barely turn their games on when it's nice out. They're at the lake, working on their cars or doing outdoor activities with the kids.

1 week later
    #2418 5 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I was wondering about this. So to bring a game into Canada from the States, you have to pay both gst and pst at the border? I've seen some decent deals on games in North Dakota, but by the time I factor in taxes, the exchange rate, and fuel costs, it seems to kill any decent deals. Especially if the border tax is 13%.

You might get lucky. I've brought 2 games across the border and only one got stopped for taxes.
    And your only a hour to the border. Just put in enough gas to get you there and fill up on cheap yankee gas.

#2420 5 years ago
    Quoted from Malibu-SS:

At Pembina crossing you rarely get through without tax

My buddy was moving from Calgary to Scottdale and took 20 trips probably. Maybe they got used to him. Maybe a lazy gaurd? Oh well, at 5% it would have been under $150 anyways.

Could save a few % tax coming up in Saskatchewan but probably not worth the gas unless buying a truckload

#2424 5 years ago

Craziest storm just passed thru. All my wife's hard work, gone in minutes

20180721_210301.jpg20180721_210301.jpg20180721_210306.jpg20180721_210306.jpg20180721_210324.jpg20180721_210324.jpg
    2 weeks later
    #2439 5 years ago

Pokey's Pinball Cafe is the go to place for newer games in Saskatoon but if you're looking for some 80s and 90s action or want a full evening of entertainment, you have to check out the Twisted Tartan on 8th St.
    6 pins, 3 pool tables, a row of new driving games, 2018 Golden tee, a few multicades, speedy pac, 16 vlts, 2 bars and a full menu. Plus tvs everywhere. This place is huge! And is open early!!!

Definitely a check it out place when in Saskatoon if gaming is your thing.

3 weeks later
    #2458 5 years ago

shoot ranchero a message for board work. matt does great work and cheap if he can fix it.

1 week later
    #2491 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Thanks Adib! It would actually be for photos, the missus wants wedding pics with a pinball machine if it's do-able.

invite a edm pinhead to the wedding. free food and booze might intice someone to throw a game or 2 in the truck.

#2495 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Was there anybody in Canada last night that didn’t watch the Humboldt / Nipawin game and ceremonies on TSN?

it was on at the bar. no one else even noticed

1 week later
    #2507 5 years ago

Any Edm pinsiders up for some afternoon pints and pins this Saturday at luckys? In town for the weekend and what better way to kill a afternoon then some pinball

#2509 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spinape:

I’ve honestly have never been to luckys. Only beercade and denizens.

youre missing out. best lineup by far and easiest to get to in edm.

#2514 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Lucky's has the best games, for the most part they all play well. Fish Tales could use a level though. With denizen closing that only leaves beercade and the pins there have been slowly disappearing for the last year.

haha. last time i was there i folded a coaster and shoved it under the leg

#2522 5 years ago

bummer you guys are losing a place to play pins. downtown is a hastle to get to. anyone know if they considered moving to a new location or buisness not feasible?

1 month later
    #2538 5 years ago

Popped into a Brewhouse today and they had this. Anyone else seen one? World's Largest Pac Man. 9ft screen made up of what looks like individual leds. Pretty slick.

Only £16000 at costco.uk

20181115_132312.jpg20181115_132312.jpg20181115_132342.jpg20181115_132342.jpg20181115_132359.jpg20181115_132359.jpg
    #2540 5 years ago
    Quoted from DW3000:

Which Brewhouse is that? In Sask? I’d try that out..

Lloydminster

#2542 5 years ago

I played one of these Space Invaders “Frenzy” a handful of times in Arizona last week, was awesome![quoted image]

Those guns look fun! I was wondering if there was more games. Was it only space invaders?

#2547 5 years ago

Yeah, strictly Space Invaders. I felt
    they could have done more with it with all the past shooting games. My kids absolutely loved it, my oldest had 5 of the 10 high scores and it was in an arcade, LOL.

For 11k usd you think it would be minimum a 60 in 1. Who wants to play boring same puzzle Pacman when everyone loves Ms. Pacman? All the bright leds and colors would be awesome for Pacman Championship Edition DX.

2 weeks later
    #2549 5 years ago

Odd question but going on a roadie tomorrow.

Any good bars/restaurants or cool roadside attractions from saskatoon to yorkton?

#2553 5 years ago

How's that old saying go, "Cold day in Hell" or "When hell freezes over" or "When pigs fly"

1 week later
    #2562 5 years ago

Any places in Prince Albert to play pins?

#2564 5 years ago

Knx783 dudes house! sp?
    I'm only an hour east, pop in!

Thanks Kevin. Would love to check out your sweet fishtales in person. I'll pm you if time allows.
    Was hoping there is a bar to take the nephew and brother in law to for a few pints and pins and watch some NFL Sunday.

3 months later
    #2634 5 years ago

Hey folks. Recently I’ve been looking into the idea of buying a pinball machine from another province, and having it shipped to me. Up until this point I’ve only done in person deals though.
    My biggest question mark at this time is around the best way to pay so that I have solid protection as a buyer. Is PayPal the most common for long distance buys? I know that cash on the glass is best, but I’m curious what is best when that’s not possible.
    Thanks!

If you feel comfortable with the buyer, etransfer always works. Can anyone vouch for the seller? Another option is ask for help from a pinsider in that area to check it out for you. Lots of reputable pinheads allover this great country

2 months later
    #2660 4 years ago

Any Winnipeg Blue Bombers season ticket holders here? I'm looking to purchase a couple tickets for the Packers/Raiders game in August. Pre sale tickets available to season ticket holders. PM me if you can help me out. Thanks

1 month later
    #2671 4 years ago

Any other Canadian metalheads heading to this show?

$_59.JPG.jpg$_59.JPG.jpg
    #2676 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Rob zombie got cancelled

Dang, that sux. Maybe that's why the 2 weekend passes i got were $250 instead of $400?

3 weeks later
    #2687 4 years ago

Can anyone techy help me out? I can't log onto ticket master for some reason. They say I'm a robot?
    Looking for the discounted tickets anounced last week for the upcoming nfl preseason game in Winnipeg. I can't seem to find a link anywhere (ticket exchange/stubhub,etc) and hope some kind pinsider can help me out.
    Thanks

1 week later
    #2691 4 years ago

Newly enshrined hall of famer Ed Reed

20190805_184015.jpg20190805_184015.jpg
    4 weeks later
    #2694 4 years ago

Hey quick question. Is luckys lounge still open? It's not on the pin map anymore. Also any locations in St Albert to play?

I haven't played any pinball since yegpin and will be in the area next week. Thanks

#2696 4 years ago

Thanks man. Didn't show up on pin map when I entered Edmonton. Does now. Weird. How's the new JP? Looking forward to throwing a few bucks in it.

Anyone know if any pubs in St Albert have pins?

#2698 4 years ago
    Quoted from RumRunner9:

2 new arcade bars just opened in Yeg this past weekend. Greta on 101av / 109 st and Midway on 61av / 104 st.
    Haven’t been to either yet, but I’m sure the pin map will be updated soon.

Thanks @pinhi. I just checked out Greta's website. Very impressive lineup of arcade games and great prices. $3 beer daily? Right on. And pricing of games is extremely reasonable. $20 gets you 120 credits. Looks like they have a Deadpool, Maiden, Star Trek and gotg for pins.

1 month later
    #2734 4 years ago

If anyone is traveling thru the Battlefords and want to get their gaming fix on, LegendzVR arcade is now open. No pins (yet) however they have 11 old school classic arcades running on quarters.

#2741 4 years ago

Depends on what kind of game you like. Probably Sopranos for me. Junkyard is quirky but way too much stop and video modes to progress.

#2744 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hawk007:

good to know, thx guys.
    I'm guess the tougher question is sopranos or ripleys? lol
    cheers!

Ripleys all day long! Deeper version of taf imo.

1 month later
    #2759 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Hey guys, what do i use to save a peeling backglass? Just starting to peel on the bottom corner and want to try and seal it to prevent further damage.. i mean besides duct tape of course![quoted image]

Clear packing tape is about it unfortunately. You can paint the backside of the tape to try and limit the amount of light passing thru the cracks.

#2767 4 years ago
    Quoted from Waynezor:

When I worked at Canadian tire as a kid we had to start locking up the lacquer thinner.

That's both funny and sad

4 weeks later
    #2793 4 years ago

If anyone is needing a dolly, Canadian Tire has them on for $39.99. I blew out both of my tires and a new dolly was cheaper then buying 2 new tires and fixing my old one.

1 month later
    #2794 4 years ago

Anyone looking to purchase a sold out Yegpin ultimate vip pass? My wife is having surgery and will not be able to attend this years show.

Check out yegpin.com for what's all included. Shoot me a pm if interested.

Cheers

40f6b5a5e401511abb4b26325c278d34ed664fd7.jpg40f6b5a5e401511abb4b26325c278d34ed664fd7.jpg
    #2795 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone looking to purchase a sold out Yegpin ultimate vip pass? My wife is having surgery and will not be able to attend this years show.
    Check out yegpin.com for what's all included. Shoot me a pm if interested.
    Cheers[quoted image]

VIP pass is now sold.

#2798 4 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I wonder if the CoronaVirus will have any effect on YegPin?
    Hopefully shits sorted out by then.

I hope it still goes on for you guys but it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. I think we haven't seen nothing yet up here in Canada

3 months later
    #2837 3 years ago

So my son has been getting more and more into superheroes lately, and so I’ve been thinking more and more about getting a superhero pinball machine. With that said, I just picked up a t2, so the budget is a bit tight. I know there’s quite a few superhero dmd pins out there, but which tend to be the cheapest usually in Canada? I was thinking an avengers pro or x-men pro, but maybe I’m forgetting a different one.

Batman forever is a cheaper dmd game. Can still be found in the low to mid 3ks by reasonable sellers

Not sure if transformers are considered super heros but that's another game found under 5k

#2839 3 years ago

My friend in Edmonton just paid 3400 for a decent one within 3 months. Seller wanted 4k with color dmd or 3400 without.

Most good deals happen between collectors. If someone lists a game on kijiji and it's not gone within a day, it's probably listed too high.

1 month later
    #2849 3 years ago

If anyone likes cheap beer, superstore has $8 cases on this long weekend

20200802_140100.jpg20200802_140100.jpg
    1 month later
    #2858 3 years ago

How much do premiums roughly run these days after dollar conversion and taxes?

Right around 10k. Stern website has them listed for $7699

1 week later
    #2869 3 years ago

Is there a arcade thread or forum someone can recommend? I realize everything's getting crazy expensive so would like to know the values of a couple arcades at a auction tommorow.

Thanks

#2871 3 years ago

Just a local antiques and collectibles auction. Super Pacman has a $700 bid and Gorf is at $400. I'm bidding on other stuff and if I'm making a trip in my truck, might as well fill it up.

38182685_1.jpg38182685_1.jpg38182685_2.jpg38182685_2.jpg38182685_3.jpg38182685_3.jpg38182686_1.jpg38182686_1.jpg38182686_2.jpg38182686_2.jpg

This is what I'm really after38182701_1.jpg38182701_1.jpg38182701_2.jpg38182701_2.jpg

#2874 3 years ago

Whaddya all buy!!??

Sale is today and tomorrow. There's even a pinball machine. Kinda

38204606_1.jpg38204606_1.jpg
    #2876 3 years ago

For anyone interested in results from the auction today.
    Gorf sold for $780 after buyers fees.
    Super Pacman sold for $1150 after buyers fees.
    Alpine Ski (sold as not working) sold for $340 after buyers fees.

#2877 3 years ago

Big seller of the day. This oil can. $1825

38182679_1.jpg38182679_1.jpg
    2 weeks later
    #2887 3 years ago

Sounds like you can order directly from JJP but the amount must be paid in full from what I've read. Stops flippers from just putting 1k deposits down then selling their spots for more

#2896 3 years ago
    Quoted from Soulstoner:

I’d like to make a trip up to Century Casino to play some pins once this second wave subsides.
    What’s the fee for playing? Standard loonie/toonie per game or is there a day pass or anything like that?
    I’ve got no options to try different pins here in Lethbridge so I’m willing to make the drive for a day trip.

Going by your user name you need to connect with Indusguys down in Lethbridge. You've might have even been in his shop

#2900 3 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

I had 3 games in my shop for the past 10 months, I made about $100 in that time, now they are sitting in the basement of my store, and I put socks where the games were. Already sold a couple thousand dollars worth of socks in 1 month! Most Lethbridge people are not ready for pinball, our city is typically 10 years behind most big city trends.
    I will make a post if I decide to put any games back in the shop. I can't justify taking up valuable room if no one wants to play the games, if they were being played that would be a different story.

That's cool you put some games in your shop. Too bad they didn't really get played. I wish my head shop back in the day had pins to play. The one on Whyte Ave had a foosball table that got lots of use

#2912 3 years ago

Sounds like Lethbridge location pins are pretty decent. I've never played or seen a TSPP, IM on location. Rarely see potc or gotg either.

#2914 3 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Got a chance to play gnr le today at nitro pinball.
    Just to preface I am a huge lifelong gnr fan. In the pit at last concert, paid for meet and greet with slash, multiple concerts, owned data east gnr for many years.
    This game is absolutely fucking unbelievable lol. Immediate wow factor. The lights have to be seen, best light show I’ve ever seen on a pin.
    The sound is awesome! Yes they use the real tracks and sync them with live footage so basically lip syncing but whatever it doesn’t bother me.
    I found the gameplay really fun, lots of shots, scoop kick out was to left flipper every time, good flow but also some start stop. Yes there is a lot of mb, I think I saw 5 different ones, I would strongly suggest changing the default 60 second ball saver but for today was ok so I could play and see more of the game. I honestly don’t know much yet what I’m shooting for but the smaller screen behind top lanes seems to tell you what to shoot and how many more shots, pops, switches etc you need. There seems to be a lot going on as in all the shots are building towards something, playing a ball on upper pf during mb is a fun challenge. Don’t know much strategy yet was just having a blast playing. I kept playing over and over until tommy was pretty much ready to close up lol.
    Eric said the goal was to bring the concert experience into the pinball and I’d say 100% they have succeeded. This is the most immersed in a pinball I have ever felt. Sitting at home a few hours later I’m still feeling the wow factor.
    If you are a gnr fan this is pretty much the game you would have designed. I’m still bummed to have missed out on a ce but the le is amazing.
    Ps trim is not red and there’s no clashing with trim and light show.

Too bad you couldn't get a ce. Sounds like your a huge gnr fan.

I've watched a couple vids of gameplay and it seems you'r always in multiball. The one thing I miss with newer games is the grind/sense of achievement to earn a multiball.

#2926 3 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

First of all I want to give a huge kudos to Nitro for getting the machine out to us so quickly, you guys are awesome!!!
    Sorry wasn’t able to do unboxing stream but here are the pics.
    Unfortunately, the bad news is we won’t be able to stream any action for you because the right flipper is so weak that you can’t shoot the left ramp. So our techs are going to have to look at the issue and determine what the next steps are.
    My initial thoughts are:
    First of all I am a huge GNR fan, and went to the Not in this Lifetime tour so super excited for this machine. However, I have never been a real JJP fan thou their last three entries have been much better for gameplay. So I went into this with lower expectations due to my past experience on their machines. I can tell you I am very surprised that there are a lot of satisfying shots on this game and when both flippers have max flipper strength I think it will be fun to shoot. The music, sounds, video and light shows are absolutely incredible you really want to get into a song multi-ball on this game, there is no game every made that game compete to what they have done here. However, I am super disappointed with the sling strength on the game I usually have a ton of sling action on Sterns and this game at max slings feels like an old Gottlieb that does have any (okay not that bad but it isn’t good). I had to crank up every coil to max just to get a little action on the machine. Unfortunately because there is such little action I believe it will be a long player and while that may be good for some people I really don’t like that aspect of it. I am have to pull all of the outline posts and rubbers just to make it playable. On a pinball machine I want to feel that I am in danger every time I miss a shot and on this machine I feel I can brick all day and not lose the ball. Now again I reserve my right to change my opinion when I see both flippers work properly if this game on max coil strength stays like this it will be one of those games where I just won’t be interested to play. One of those games that looks like a million bucks but plays like a $10 bill. I did turn off the add a ball feature on the Multiballs and did enjoy that a lot, much more single ball play, and there are a lot of Multiballs but I turned down all of the timers on ball saves so had no issue with that.
    Overall I really love the theme and have no issues with the layout and code. But mechanically so far this game is a complete fail.
    Like I say hopefully we can get it working right and see if we can get it to where it gets a fair shake I am not giving up on it yet. There can hopefully still be adjustments that can be made for slings and flippers to save this one.
    At this point I don’t think we can turn it on as it would be embarrassing to allow people to shoot it in the condition it is in so once we figure it out and get it working we will announce it on our Facebook page.
    Hope others have a much better experience when they get their game.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, that sucks to hear. With the JJP price tag and supposedly great build quality, you'd think the game would be tuned up and ready to go out of the box. Hopefully it will still be at the arkadium at Xmas time so I can get a few flips on it.

#2928 3 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

First of all I want to give a huge kudos to Nitro for getting the machine out to us so quickly, you guys are awesome!!!
    Sorry wasn’t able to do unboxing stream but here are the pics.
    Unfortunately, the bad news is we won’t be able to stream any action for you because the right flipper is so weak that you can’t shoot the left ramp. So our techs are going to have to look at the issue and determine what the next steps are.
    My initial thoughts are:
    First of all I am a huge GNR fan, and went to the Not in this Lifetime tour so super excited for this machine. However, I have never been a real JJP fan thou their last three entries have been much better for gameplay. So I went into this with lower expectations due to my past experience on their machines. I can tell you I am very surprised that there are a lot of satisfying shots on this game and when both flippers have max flipper strength I think it will be fun to shoot. The music, sounds, video and light shows are absolutely incredible you really want to get into a song multi-ball on this game, there is no game ever made that competes to what they have done here. However, I am super disappointed with the sling strength on the game I usually have a ton of sling action on Sterns and this game at max slings feels like an old Gottlieb that doesn’t have any (okay not that bad but it isn’t good). I had to crank up every coil to max just to get a little action on the machine. Unfortunately because there is such little action I believe it will be a long player and while that may be good for some people I really don’t like that aspect of it. I am going to have to pull all of the outline posts and rubbers just to make it playable. On a pinball machine I want to feel that I am in danger every time I miss a shot and on this machine I feel I can brick all day and not lose the ball. Now again I reserve my right to change my opinion when I see both flippers work properly if this game on max coil strength stays like this it will be one of those games where I just won’t be interested to play. One of those games that looks like a million bucks but plays like a $10 bill. I did turn off the add a ball feature on the Multiballs and did enjoy that a lot, much more single ball play, and there are a lot of Multiballs but I turned down all of the timers on ball saves so had no issue with that.
    Overall I really love the theme and have no issues with the layout and code. But mechanically so far this game is a complete fail.
    Like I say hopefully we can get it working right and see if we can get it to where it gets a fair shake I am not giving up on it yet. There can hopefully still be adjustments that can be made for slings and flippers to save this one.
    At this point I don’t think we can turn it on as it would be embarrassing to allow people to shoot it in the condition it is in so once we figure it out and get it working we will announce it on our Facebook page.
    Hope others have a much better experience when they get their game.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love how you have it between a early SS and a EM!

1 week later
    #2972 3 years ago

Best to find/know a Yank who'll ship to you directly like Northerndude does. They get free shipping and just mail to you USPS at a fraction of cost.

#2993 3 years ago

They say alcohol and drug sales are up during the pandemic. I know I'm helping the stats. Lol

20201029_154457.jpg20201029_154457.jpg
    #2999 3 years ago

With the amount of beer we go thru I can't afford to be a beer snob. Ha. Pil was cheapest this week. Too bad Costco doesn't have any liquor stores in Saskatchewan.

#3001 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

Regina Costco has a liquor store. Not sure of stoon but I would think they do.

Is it new? Also is it slga run? Do you get the good deals like Albertans? Saskatoon North definitely doesn't have one. Never been to the south location

#3010 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

If you can afford pinball machines, you can upgrade your snobbery above Pil!

Them fighting words around here. Lol. The bar here in my town would stock Pil at a two to one clip everyday before the pandemic. Usually my wife and I's Kokanee were standouts on the table.

Unfortunately I can't afford pinball anymore

Thankfully, I have a amazingly awesome friend who keeps me involved in the hobby! Going to meet up with him tomorrow and am so giddy I don't think I'll sleep well tonight. Xmas feeling

1 month later
    #3061 3 years ago

Looking for someone in the Regina area to pick up a envelope in Emerald Park for me. Shoot me a message if you can help me out.

Thanks

#3063 3 years ago

A awesome pinsider offered to help me out. The Pinside community is the best

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Looking for someone in the Regina area to pick up a envelope in Emerald Park for me. Shoot me a message if you can help me out.
    Thanks

#3068 3 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Lots of places have interesting names and features.

Always found Climax, SK a funny name. Intercourse, PA of course and there's a hwy sign just west of Edmonton by Hijack, Yo Wha Cho As

5 months later
    #3180 2 years ago

Totally off topic but not sure where to ask without starting a new thread and I know a few of you are in law enforcement so here's my question.

Are assault rifles not illegal up here in Canada? Are law enforcement allowed to have/use them? Was walking the dog the other day and went by the cop shop and a cop came out with two fully automatic machine guns going to his truck. Both me and the wife were like wtf? Those clips defiently stood out as something I've never seen in person. First thought that maybe they were confiscated but he looked at ease walking with them. Maybe showing them off to his co-workers? Again I have no idea but was definitely freaky to see. Thanks

#3191 2 years ago

Semi auto, fully auto .does it matter? Sorry I'm not a gun nut. Some lowly rcmp officer has guns with clips in it. I've been around 40+ years, involved in two riots and the cops never had machine guns or semi automatic rifles. Just thought it was strange and wondering what the laws were about carrying these guns, that's all.

Quoted from Indusguys:

AR-15’s are semi auto, I’m guessing they were not carrying fully automatic rifles.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That's why I laughed.

#3202 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

These guns that were seen could be anywhere from a ruger .22 to a modified sks with aftermarket stock to an actual ar-15 it’s all debatable without knowing for sure. When the law was unveiled last year there was some debate on if some sports shotguns could get people in trouble because of the jargon quoting anything with a bore of 20mm or greater. I think this has been addressed since.

After doing some edumacating on the interweb I'm 95% sure they were AR-15s. You've been here. We're a sleepy farming community. Here's the last place i thought I'd ever see assult rifles.

Now, back to your regular scheduled programming

#3208 2 years ago

Do you know it takes more training to cut hair then to become a police officer? Pretty scary to think that some of these men and women have minimal training or expierence with guns but are givin one when basic training is completed.

#3218 2 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

We had perfectly fine garbage collection and then they went from every week to every second week when they put out the wheeled bins. It's absurd. I think taxes went up too.

They did that about 8 years ago here to us. Gave us a blue bin for recycling and grey bin for garbage and cycle every two weeks. Fine for the winter months but 2 weeks in 30° and garbage is pretty rank smelling

#3235 2 years ago

Damn. Our casinos are still closed. I'd like to do some gambling. Wish there was somewhere closer then Saskatoon or Edmonton to play some pins on location. Too bad no one is operating pins in Lloyd anymore

2 weeks later
    #3248 2 years ago

Great way to deal with the heat this week. Afternoon beers and pinball in the basement.

20210626_131309.jpg20210626_131309.jpg
    #3249 2 years ago

Threw a few games of darts today. Been a while. Forgot how fun it is

20210626_171643.jpg20210626_171643.jpg
    #3254 2 years ago

Happy Canada Day fellow hosers

Anyone have fireworks planned?

3 weeks later
    #3269 2 years ago

Just want to give a huge shout out to nightsearcher for helping us with our car issues today. Sent the wife over to Napa for parts and had us up and running in a half hr

2 weeks later
    #3286 2 years ago

Mmmnn. Sound tasty

1 month later
    #3303 2 years ago
    Quoted from lemmings418:

Hi guys,
    Anyone get their GnR LE from P1 recently?
    If so, what was your pre-order date?
    Just trying to gauge my April order delivery expectation.
    Thanks.

Playing the JJP playfield russian roulette game. Respect

#3305 2 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

It doesn’t help that you are constantly in 6 ball multi ball and game times are generally over 10 minutes. One game is like ten games on any other title.

Haha. Still haven't tried one but everyone comments that the game is a multiball fest. Maybe that's why I prefer older titles where multiball is earned as a way to a replay instead of giving them away as part of the experience

#3307 2 years ago
    Quoted from lemmings418:

So......I take that as a no then??.......
    Just getting back into pinball after many years. I have four older B/Ws in the collection getting some much needed upgrade love after many years.
    I am finally in a place in my life to get a NIB.
    When I saw that LZ (fav band) was coming out by Ritchie (fav designer), it was it was like it was meant to be.
    But I was so underwhelmed by what I saw and played.
    And now with Mando and Godzilla's PACKED playfields, makes you wonder how much of the LZ BOM cost was the license.
    Look, I'm not into the whole LZ vs GnR thing.
    What I saw in GnR, just impressed me.
    I'm not a purist by any stretch but I'm sure it will wow people when they come over, like the current lineup does today.

I can't say on the new gnr as I haven't played it, but have seen enough people complain about the poor playfield quality and sending washers out as fixes for chipped playfields as reasons to avoiding JJP right now. I love music pins with MET and acdc in my top 10 favorite pins ever. Love the data east gnr. Haven't played Zep yet either but Zep and Sabbath are my two favorite pre 80s bands. Prsonally I'd go JP/DP premium nib or wait for whatever band that interests you/next in line to be made by Stern or Spooky.

1 month later
    #3363 2 years ago

FINALLY. SINGLE GAME BETTING IN CANADA!!!!!!!!!!

I've been gambling with sport select since I was 13 years old and finally they have single game bets like online and Vegas offers. Haven't fully checked it out yet but so excited to be able to throw $20 on a game without using a online book.

#3367 2 years ago

It would be awesome if there was Canadian source for titan rubbers and not have to wait for black Friday to get any kind of discount. That and to avoid the crazy shipping charges

#3369 2 years ago

I've had a bunch of titans. They don't really hold up great, but they do have a nice array of colors and options.
    I put some superbands on posts ands flippers, those things last forever! Different feel though

Yeah they do wear out quicker then superbands. Some of the best scores I've ever put on games had titan flippers. More grippy and less bouncy I find

#3377 2 years ago

Another example of this great community of pinheads.

Big shoutout to nightsearcher for helping me change a fuel filter yesterday and a hour of pins. Wish I had more time to chat and play.

#3380 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'd be driving to Grant's house weekly with car problems if i got to go play his pins while he's out there fixing my car! Well played Jay!

Damn, now my secrets out. Lol.
    I invited him out to shoot pool and try out HRC today. Least I could do. Shop would probably charge me $150 to change it

2 weeks later
    #3410 2 years ago

I like the shop stool style but wife likes stools with backs on them. Picked up this style at Canadian tire on black Friday a few years back for $50. Should have grabbed a few more as I haven't seen them that cheap since.

20211124_105719.jpg20211124_105719.jpg
    #3420 2 years ago

Anyone in Saskatoon making a Black Friday comet order tomorrow? A friend wants to order 12, 25 packs and split on shipping

#3422 2 years ago

I believe it's still cheaper to choose 100 packs (even though they still come in 25x4) if I remember correctly

59.00 for 100 pack or 48.50 after discounts for four 25 packs tomorow

2 weeks later
    #3459 2 years ago
    Quoted from Engine09:

Spent 4 hours at Phantom yesterday, great simple room and incredible lineup. Friendly guy on duty checking vaccine cards, all good!
    Not a huge Stern fan but I absolutely loved Godzilla.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, that's a impressive lineup. I want to try that new Elvira out so bad

#3462 2 years ago

When's nightmare arrive? I'll be there for the release

#3465 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Thanks Derek. I'll try to stop in tomorrow.

Did you stop by? Godzilla live up to the hype? Can't wait for a January visit to arkadium

#3472 2 years ago

Is there anywhere to order arcade marquees in Canada? Found a bunch in the states but crazy shipping charges. Or if someone can print some off for me, shoot me a pm. Thanks

#3475 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Most people print and stick on plexi.
    Originals are getting hard to come by.
    What game?
    I have a few wall hangers, but they are real.
    I don't mind selling the odd one to help someone out.

Doesn't have to be original. Just want to build out a couple light boxes. Super Mario Bros, Ms. Pacman, Bubble Bobble, Dk, Dk Jr, Burgertime, Qbert.
    Guy down south wants $20 each which seems very reasonable but $25us delivery plus unknown duty charges for just 2 marquees doesn’t make much sense.
    Also I don't live by a city to get some printed off.

#3477 2 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Hey Dirk, I was looking into getting some of these for trimming my gameroom as well. I work with a company that does signs and printing, I'll check if they can do this and let you know.

Sounds good. Or if $20 each seems reasonable, we could do a group order or something to save on shipping. Buddy has about 100 game marquees available.

I just finished boxing my Dr. Mario marquee. Going to install a brighter bulb when I can get in to buy one.

20211217_093753.jpg20211217_093753.jpg

20211217_093725.jpg20211217_093725.jpg
    2 weeks later
    #3491 2 years ago

Any recommendations for neon sign repairs in the Edmonton area? I had a contact a couple years back but lost his info.

Thanks

#3496 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Any recommendations for neon sign repairs in the Edmonton area? I had a contact a couple years back but lost his info.
    Thanks

Buehler..Buehler...Buehler

#3508 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Flathead screwdriver. Never broken a fuse or a holder in over 6 years.

Now you jinxed yourself

1 week later
    #3518 2 years ago

Hammering beer and pinball in Regina[quoted image]

Nice lineup. Assume those are pinhead306's?

#3524 2 years ago

Anyone else see the $129 1up arcades facebook ad yesterday? Is it a scam?

1 week later
    #3566 2 years ago

Without knowing the back story my easy solution is I have the game wrapped and strapped at the door and when the unvaccinated arrives I'll dolly it out for you. If summertime, it will be sitting on the deck.

#3601 2 years ago

Lots of people I know trade games with each other. Nothing to long distance and game values don't even have to be equal. Pretty small community and we all pretty much know each other or someone in your group of friends to vouch for someone.
    I'd have zero hesitation to trade with someone unless a complete stranger.

2 weeks later
    #3634 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:Looks more like a tic-tac-toe board.
    Needs more squares. Let the photoshopping begin!

I love bingo! Make it happen

#3643 2 years ago

So here's a new one. Anyone else experienced this?

I received a etransfer for $70 from someone that I have not even been in contact with. Scam?

#3662 2 years ago

I've got a new submission for the bingo board.

Should be a easy fix

#3681 2 years ago

I caught that also. If you can't make money on alcohol, I guess $2 a game is way to go?

#3686 2 years ago

Looking for a great burger place on Southside of Edmonton. Can be fast food or burger joint. Suggestions? Thanks

2 weeks later
    #3727 2 years ago

Flippers are the worst. Not sure why here is the place to post games for sale or brought home. There's already a thread for that.

#3728 2 years ago

So whatcha paying for gas today? $1.55/litre in Camrose, AB. $1.66 in Wainwright, AB. $1.73 in Cut Knife, SK. Keeps going up the more I travel east.

1 week later
    #3764 2 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Good job getting the Porsche in the shot too.

Uh, it's pronounced por cha

2 weeks later
    #3773 2 years ago

Anyone know of pins on location in Red Deer? Golden Tee if no pinball? Thanks

#3776 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Pin Map shows a few locations
    [quoted image]

Forgot about pin map. I'd like to check out pixels arcade but its not open early.

#3790 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I think it’s the thrill of it! They get way too excited to “Win” the auction. I don’t think they realize they are overpaying for the piece.

100% guarantee that whoever bought that t2 isn't in the hobby. Why pay double what you could find one for. On top of being a pos from wonderland. Wonder if it smells like smoke?

#3791 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I’m sure most have buyers remorse.

Only time I've ever had buyers remorse from a auction is drunk bidding. The way I offset it is hopefully I bought a few items I can sell to cover the cost of overpaying for another

#3807 2 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I just turn my games and on watch the lights twinkle.

I know guys like that.

1 month later
    #3891 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

So they can give it away....

My dad would give you two thumbs up if he could for that comment

#3893 1 year ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I was shocked when I found out people in BC pay pst on used vehicles. I had to convince the guy I bought from I didn't since I'm from Alberta. How many times can the govt collect tax on a used vehicle?

In Saskatchewan they make you pay tax now on sales above 5k. I sold a 06 Chevy car a couple years back for 5k and the couple asked me to go for a drive. Was kinda skeptical. We pulled into a yard in town owned by natives. They asked me to sign saying the car was bought on native owned land so they would avoid taxes. Handed me 50 $100 bills and dropped me back off at home.

1 week later
    #3902 1 year ago
    Quoted from Paseb:

Roadshow is more in the 7k and + territory.

Lmao

#3906 1 year ago

Lmfao

Quoted from Paseb:

I sold a dirty harry for 8500$ and tftc for 9500$ In the last month.

Way to price gouge someone. Both those games should be in the 5500 range.

290 posts in this topic match your search for posts by dirkdiggler. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirkdiggler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=dirkdiggler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.