(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

The real question for the Canadian market is:
    When the dollar does bounce back, will our pins lose value?
    Say the dollar comes back down to 10%. A new pro at 5K usd, would be $5500 cad. Will they still sell for $7k otd?

Yeah, that's the question that I'm considering too.
    Especially an LE. Say it's $12,000 now. Premiums eventually sell for $9000 if our $ strengthens.
    Is the LE only worth $9000+ extras = $10,500?
    Guessing at all numbers, but seems that buying an LE is really risky as far as holding value. More so than ever before.

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I think you completely misunderstood my point.
    But lets use SB. They say you can pay is USD if you choose to. So they base their pricing on the exchange. If the exchange turns up in our favor do you believe they will lower their prices?
    And if they do, would it not upset the buyers who bought when the dollar was shit?

Actually, I've bought a NIB game from them when the Canadian dollar was losing strength, but I was charged a better rate since my pin was purchased from Stern a few months earlier.

2 months later
    #226 8 years ago

I like them, but recently bought a Walking Dead pin. Put them on immediately but found the ball way to bouncy. Flipper catches often bounced back over the slings and into the outlanes.
    Still have them on my ACDC though.
    For the low price to get a few and try them out, I would recommend them.

2 weeks later
    #249 8 years ago

In my opinion, "older" titles like ACDC and Metallica etc are worth every penny that a new GoT Premium is. In fact, odds are that ACDC and Met will likely be viewed as better games in the long run (simply guessing as GoT would have to be amazing to rank up there with these other two). Since you can't find either Met or ACDC NIB anywhere, why wouldn't they be worth as much as a current priced NIB?
    I was concerned about the exchange rate when I bought a TWD recently. The thing is, I expect that its value would drop if/when the currencies even out. BUT... if that's the case, you'll still be able to sell TWD at or near whatever the then current price of a Premium is.
    So I expect if the game is killer and really well rated, you should always be able to get the same price as a NIB -providing your pin is in immaculate shape.

The fact is, if you want an ACDC or Metallica right now, check out the cost from the States. Plus, you likely don't get to see it before buying, might have to send cash to someone you don't know, and/or put in a lot of time driving to get it. Shipping/gas etc add to the price and there doesn't seem to be any way to avoid full taxes at the border so apples to apples, ACDC and Met should still be worth as much as other options -in my opinion.

This works in the other way too though -if the US dollar was at par with the Canadian dollar, TWD is no longer worth today's prices because you could get another Premium NIB for 30% less.

So bottom line for me is that the best Stern pins out there should be worth current NIB prices and will fluctuate with the exchange.
    If they're not, and you have a Premium or LE Metallica for sale at a really low price, let me know!

2 weeks later
    #275 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Say goodbye to NIB pins my friends the US just hiked their interest rates and our dollar is about to take another dump!

Yeah, it's not just NIBs though. Seems as though all pin prices are affected by the prices in the States.
    So trading shouldn't be too bad, but anyone buying any new pins is going to be paying through the nose.

1 week later
    #351 8 years ago

Is it much effort to swap these between machines?

1 month later
    #529 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Actually talked to Michel (starburst) Today. It should be in the house within the next 7-10 business days. Can't wait to kill some Zombies. If other people have ordered then they should becoming in very soon.

Great to hear. Thanks for the info. Can't wait to get my TWD Premium.

3 months later
    #856 7 years ago
    Quoted from ballykissfan:

I'm wondering what difficulties would I have with trying to take a game across the border to the US and shipping it from there? What would I expect from US Customs? I'm sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it if it has.

You shouldn't have any issues taking a game into the States. That's the country of origin (where it was made), so there's no tax to be paid when crossing.
    Coming INTO Canada, you pay tax, so that's where you can run into trouble. Confirming the right price, etc etc.

4 years later
    #2904 3 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

I had 3 games in my shop for the past 10 months, I made about $100 in that time, now they are sitting in the basement of my store, and I put socks where the games were. Already sold a couple thousand dollars worth of socks in 1 month! Most Lethbridge people are not ready for pinball, our city is typically 10 years behind most big city trends.
    I will make a post if I decide to put any games back in the shop. I can't justify taking up valuable room if no one wants to play the games, if they were being played that would be a different story.

So you mean to say that if Soulstoner (or others) come by, they can play games in the basement, uninterrupted by others?
    Sweet!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.