(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1135 7 years ago

90% likely going to head up to yegpin..... am I also 90% likely to pick up a pin there? Any previous experience? Should I take a van/truck?

#1137 7 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Bring Tales! Also, you could strike a trade, who knows. I would love to have a TFTC.

I thought about it. I would need to make a few tweaks to make the game ready for a good weekend of playing but it isn't out of the question. I might be able to let her go next year.. not sure about this year. Maybe for a TSPP + cash

#1141 7 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Bring it! I know a few good people that would be happy to help you tweak what ever you need for a few games on a TFTC. No Simpsons here, but I do dream of having another Data East machine soon.

Maybe,, It's more expo tweaks that are tedious but not too hard to fix with a few hours of dedicated work. I'll think about bringing it.Also I'll let you know when I'm ready to let go of TFTC

3 weeks later
    #1250 7 years ago

Anyone in Calgary have a few hex spacers they can send my way? I don't really know what sizes I need. Probably 1 3 inch or longer

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4252-56

and a couple of 2 inch ones (GOT/Stern flasher spacers above slingshots). I would be happy to pick up and trade for a 6 pack

PM Me!

1 week later
    #1309 7 years ago

I called and he said someone local was taking them all and I believe he also said he had a few parties interested. Seemed like a good guy!

3 months later
    #1622 6 years ago

I know this has been talked about.. but looking for some direction. I might be getting a pin from the states.Here are some options based on quotes.

$460 USD from a transport company to deliver to Sweetgrass Montana. It could be stored for 20 bucks or so and I can pick it up there. I would probably just pay GST on it to take it over the border?

$550+ quote from uship directly to Calgary (will still need to pay brokerage/fees, etc).

I haven't factored in insurance or anything.

I am a bit more worried going on the Uship route because its not as direct and I feel like there are more unknowns.

Thoughts on what direction to take?

11 months later
    #2430 5 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

does anyone have a line on some decent pricing for LED replacement bulbs we can buy in Canada? Shipping from the USA has become crazy expensive.I am in Ontario so even something local would be great

Pinball medics wasn't bad when I ordered a few bulbs, they carry comet. Player 1 sells cointtaker. Also Devron at absolute pinball has some comet. You can hit him up on facebook. Depending what you need I would suggest pinball medics.

Edit: I would only recommend the bulbs above for GI. If you need non ghosting for your inserts, then make sure your bulbs are non ghosting.

1 month later
    #2452 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Hey Folks! Anyone recommend someone in Canada with a good rep for board repair and a reasonable price? I don't want to ship to the main guys in US because I will get hammered at the border/customs fees.
    I need to get a system 11c from my Game Show and the MPU from my WPC FT looked at before I go any further.
    Thx if you have "a guy" and can pass anything along!
    northerndude

You can try Devron gibbon from absolute pinball in sK

#2453 5 years ago

DW3000 to your question, same as above. Devron Gibbon may be able to help

#2463 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Anybody do board work in Edmonton? I'd be willing to pay for good work. It's nothing major....replace a blown transistor. I just don't trust myself to do it.

What game is it? are you sure its the transistor. If you are ever in Calg and its still not done, I can do that for a 6 pack.

#2467 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That's good to know! But you get the 6 pack after the work is done lol
    It's my TFTC....transistor/board pic enclosed in post[quoted image]

I’ve done a few transistor swaps, Doesn’t look that bad. Was the component (Solonoid, flasher, or whatever was tied to this transistor working at some point? Also is this your original driver board? Did you swap in the xpin.

6 months later
    #2614 5 years ago

I know SML in Alberta is known for crazy prices, however when I first was more seriously looking into pinball as a hobby, they were the only people I knew who sold games. I asked them for a price list. For what it’s worth, I had my eye on a totan. I could have afforded agame but didn’t really have room at the time.

Anyways, I was cleaning up some old papers and found the price lists price from 2011. I bought my first game in 2016, for what it’s worth, not from SML

766A962A-078A-4B8B-8C21-415015DCD94C.jpeg766A962A-078A-4B8B-8C21-415015DCD94C.jpegBF4271AA-83F5-4546-80E3-E6CB8B8560E0.jpegBF4271AA-83F5-4546-80E3-E6CB8B8560E0.jpeg

2 years later
    #3533 2 years ago

I have used same day , they partner with day and Ross. You are responsible for your own brokerage and customers documentation.

3 weeks later
    #3632 2 years ago

For fun, so you guys can play bingo next time you read all of the new posts in the for sale thread.

0E64A14A-59F6-4F44-94BA-C19424E2A737 (resized).jpeg0E64A14A-59F6-4F44-94BA-C19424E2A737 (resized).jpeg
    #3635 2 years ago

Give me a break, it took me 5 mins on my way to work. No need to photoshop.. used a service online
    323955B5-1076-436C-B000-1B1D814ACA89 (resized).jpeg323955B5-1076-436C-B000-1B1D814ACA89 (resized).jpeg

Also for what it’s worth I’m guilty for many of these

#3641 2 years ago

I think my fav is “pains me to let go”. I get it if you have a family or life emergency but it’s usually not the case

#3646 2 years ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:Anyone dealt with USA Stern distributors that you would recommend and are Canadian friendly?
    Please advise/PM.
    Thank you.

I have heard JJ from the game exchange in Colorado has done this in the past.

#3650 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Hold off on doing anything with it for a few months. Could be the scam where they show up asking for it back and then once you send it they get the transaction reversed. There are a few scams through etransfer.
    And you guys forgot "fully shopped" for the bingo card.

Right, “shopped” ie replaced one bulb and wiped it down with some novus

#3679 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

That purple though why...

Yes it’s quite a shame you don’t get to see the wonderful art and lights on the games. They all look the same!

Hopefully that was just for a “cool” pic

3 weeks later
    #3709 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I use those as well. The plastic isn't pre-bent so it's rolled up super small when you get it. No insane shipping like mirror blades.

They are great . If you have art or mirror blades this is a must have product.

#3720 2 years ago

Yea it’s an odd flex if it’s not staying in your home to be unboxed .

#3748 2 years ago

I have two stern sam dmd displays

Asking $120 each. Both like new condition

Shipping is no problem

Added over 2 years ago:

Edit, sorry wrong thread

3 weeks later
    #3774 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone know of pins on location in Red Deer? Golden Tee if no pinball? Thanks

Carnival cinemas had some games a few years back not sure if they still do

#3787 1 year ago

When the pc components company NCIX went under they had an auction. Linus tech tips did a video on it and spoke to some buyers on why they were paying outrageous prices.

Some said they didn’t care what they got and it was just fun.

#3800 1 year ago

I put one of my games up for trade and someone offered their “loaded” guardians for 13k. I had to ask, pro or premium although deep down I knew, just needed them to say it.

“Pro”. Hopefully they aren’t someone on here. I’m sorry but I know the markets are bonkers but we aren’t at 13k spike 2 pro prices yet… /rant

#3821 1 year ago

Bingo? I guess no one was really shit on recently ?

295960BC-456C-4AB8-B5B5-F9AB33923D56 (resized).jpeg295960BC-456C-4AB8-B5B5-F9AB33923D56 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #3910 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Lmfao

Way to price gouge someone. Both those games should be in the 5500 range.

Pasebs tftc was really nice , likely realistically worth 7-8k so you’re both wrong . If you look at recent pinside sales nice examples have sold for 5,200 usd… not including your import tax and shipping

3 weeks later
    #4016 1 year ago

Would this work?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #4041 1 year ago

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ronsonol-lighter-fuel-227-ml-0530673p.html

I use this stuff for super dirty parts and playfield areas.

That being said unless you have a super dirty playfield , novus 1 should be more than enough to clean up ball trails and the like

2 months later
    #4157 1 year ago

New Stern pros are quickly approaching 10k in Alberta, it’s going to affect the used market sales too, looks like people that were holding out for some sort of correction are going to have to keep waiting for a while…

2 months later
    #4325 1 year ago

As someone else mentioned there should be a clarification between duty and brokerage fees. Sometimes you will get charged a brokerage fee to process your tax (gst/hst) owed.

In many cases in the last few years I have not been charged brokerage and taxes on pinball items which has been kinda nice. Your milage may vary

11 months later
    #4722 4 months ago

Not pinball but anyone in Calgary know a reliable stand up arcade tech looking for some extra work? Can you pm me a name/reference?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.