(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Requis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1864 6 years ago

No Where near as expensive as you guys closer to Toronto $1.05.. not trying to rub it in just an observation lol......Thought I would drop in and Say hi!

new to pinside but hooked...and hooked hard...was just looking at all the cools pins and ended up buying a couple...Only game in town here appears to be player 1 and so gave them all my money on a bunch of stuff for the game room.

Dropped in on this thread as the OP said we could drop in and shoot the shit...and was wondering if you guys might indulge me with a few questions. Bought Game of thrones, TDW and DI all NIB and I was curious what would you guys buy for a brand new Pin to protect them. I have read about cliffy's and different protectors and curious if you were getting a new in Box Pin what would you be doing to it to keep it in great shape...I have 2 teenagers and an 8 year old that I know will already be climbing on the thing and may just start out with a lock on the door. Interested in your feedback...Thanks for taking the time to share!

Cheers,

Barry

2 weeks later
    #1990 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

This was not Stern's requirement, it was Player One's. You'll have to take it up with them.

Can you explain how this was player 1's requirement...of course they don't want competitors on the East Coast...just like you likely don't want competition on the west coast....so I guess, you guys are colluding? Yah that makes it better....are you guys affiliated? You may want to revisit that last statement....

Adding I called you guys but never got A call back. guess I now know why...

2 weeks later
    #2152 6 years ago

I think Jerry at P1 has been great to deal with. And like many was disappointed in their pricing. I did speak to Tommy and will look at options in the new year as we finish phase 1 of the game room. When all was factored into the mix ( duty, freight, exchange) I didn't do awful comparatively speaking on price.

Anyone have experience receiving pins from Player 1, I have 4 coming and want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into, hows the customer Service. I think Jerry has been good...what is the rest of the team post purchase like for delivery setup etc?

Hoping this works out, as I have a Pinball Alley to build!

Cheers,

Requis

#2153 6 years ago
    Quoted from trueno92:

Yah i was in town and the traffic in toronto to get to playdium store can be even more rediculous...
    At least only 5% sales tax..
    Now my barn find demolition man can start the restore

Did you try the Rec Room?? WOW....Great place to Play Pinball! Owned by Cineplex ( P1 was bought by Cineplex).

5 years later
    #4693 6 months ago
    Quoted from RYE_:

Hey where do you folks like to sell pinball machines to target Toronto or the GTA? I live downtown and I'm parting with my lovely and pretty pristine Hot Wheels (just 1200 total plays) to make room for a custom board gaming table.

When do you get it? Would love to see pics. Got this one custom for 1500 CDN.

Viking Mats make custom neoprene covers that are amazing!

Anyone know if Player 1 take pins for resale?

IMG_5584 (resized).jpegIMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    #4701 5 months ago
    Quoted from RYE_:

Their classified seem pretty dead but I'll give it a try. I guess Facebook or Pinside Classifieds are the leading alternatives?

Nice! I'm getting a table made by http://mcfaddentables.ca. Super nice guy with a woodshop just north of Kingston ON. Should be arriving in a couple of months.

Nice looking tables! Ask them to include LED strips integrated underneath the top arm rest / shelf. A friend of mind got a similar table and his over head lighting LED warm / cold light bulbs (he tried both). Introduced glare, and or too much light, not enough light, or the light was awfull when trying to read cards…etc. I’m now looking into lighting as we are running into similar issues…Sorry for high jacking the thread.

Head over here for more board game talk!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-board-game-players-out-there

How much are you asking for the Hot Wheels friend of mine might be interested!?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Requis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=Requis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.