(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ImNotNorm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1768 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

The hall strikes first!

I may have to drop by Denizen Hall tomorrow to take a gander & see what all the fuss is all about

#1783 6 years ago

Anybody in Edmonton thinking of ordering from Marcos in the near future? I need some springs and compression rings but can't justify the shipping cost associated with a 10$ US order.

If anyone is interested in a shared order let me know....

#1784 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Anybody in Edmonton thinking of ordering from Marcos in the near future? I need some springs and compression rings but can't justify the shipping cost associated with a 10$ US order.
    If anyone is interested in a shared order let me know....

Disregard.....someone local reached out to me and we made an order this afternoon.

Thank you

#1785 6 years ago

I forgot to mention....

CTV Edmonton news at 6PM (MST) tonight will have a story about pinball culture in the city. (from collecting to league nights)

Check it out if you get CTV Edmonton

#1789 6 years ago

Here's a link to the story for those who missed it.....

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1220911

3 months later
    #2206 6 years ago

Speaking of glass, is the roman invisiglass any good? Is it worth the upgrade?

#2209 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

If you really want it, wait for Yegpin, last year Tommy brought a load to sell, and you don't have to worry about shipping. Also, if you want to see before purchase, pm me and you can see it in person on a couple of mine. It makes huge difference. Just don't clean it with ammonia based glass product.

Hey @volkdrive, thanks for the offer. I was planning on getting it at YEGPIN as Tommy said he would be bringing some up again this year.

I was just looking for input and was 90% certain about getting it anyways.....my TFTC needs it really bad. Thanks again!

1 month later
    #2292 6 years ago

FWIW.....I bought a 12V power supply from MRO in Edmonton. It was for the color pin2DMD in my SF2.

Super easy to install...even for me

1 month later
    #2358 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm looking to get a few stools for in front of the arcade and multicade and don't want to spend alot. Don't care on subject matter. Any leads on where to buy?

Check out kijiji in your area. I found a nice set and table on kijiji here in Edmonton last year.

4 months later
    #2460 5 years ago

Anybody do board work in Edmonton? I'd be willing to pay for good work. It's nothing major....replace a blown transistor. I just don't trust myself to do it.

#2464 5 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

What game is it? are you sure its the transistor. If you are ever in Calg and its still not done, I can do that for a 6 pack.

That's good to know! But you get the 6 pack after the work is done lol

It's my TFTC....transistor/board pic enclosed in post

IMG_20171210_2105332.jpgIMG_20171210_2105332.jpg
    #2465 5 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Here is a link to one of the best "learning to solder" PDF documents:
    https://cdn-learn.adafruit.com/downloads/pdf/adafruit-guide-excellent-soldering.pdf
    It's a great beginner's guide with some really helpful photos of both good and bad solder joints.

Thanks! I'll take a look at it...but I'd still prefer someone with some soldering skills to work on my board.

#2468 5 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

I’ve done a few transistor swaps, Doesn’t look that bad. Was the component (Solonoid, flasher, or whatever was tied to this transistor working at some point? Also is this your original driver board? Did you swap in the xpin.

PM'd

#2470 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

Why don't you spend a little less time making trolling t-shirts, tote-bags, crappy photoshop pics and spend a little more time learning how to solder. SMH

The fact that you're stalking me on Pinside is kinda creepy. But not as creepy as you constantly coming to the defence of convicted child molesters and then blaming their victims.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaking-of-child-molestors-mike-grc-in-downingtown-pa-boycott

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaking-of-child-molestors-mike-grc-in-downingtown-pa-boycott?tu=gmkalos

*first time someone made my ignore list

#2477 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Uh, city/province?

Regina

#2483 5 years ago

Anybody know if there are pins in Jasper?

#2486 5 years ago
    Quoted from Adib:

Go get married. Forget about pinballs for one weekend..lol

Thanks Adib! It would actually be for photos, the missus wants wedding pics with a pinball machine if it's do-able.

#2488 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I was there in April for the kids hockey tourney, I saw NO pins.

Bummer

#2492 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

invite a edm pinhead to the wedding. free food and booze might intice someone to throw a game or 2 in the truck.

That could be risky lol

1 week later
    #2521 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spinape:

Probably exactly that. They want to clean up that area

That area looks like the walking dead when the sun goes down. Addicts and tweakers stumbling around

11 months later
    #2695 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hey quick question. Is luckys lounge still open? It's not on the pin map anymore. Also any locations in St Albert to play?
    I haven't played any pinball since yegpin and will be in the area next week. Thanks

Yea, it' open. I was there for league night on Thursday.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/7859-yellowhead-inn-edmonton-ab

1 year later
    #3185 2 years ago

Full auto machine guns, lol.

#3189 2 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

AR-15’s are semi auto, I’m guessing they were not carrying fully automatic rifles.

That's why I laughed.

#3193 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Semi auto, fully auto .does it matter?

Yes. That was the whole crux of your initial post. Lol

#3203 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

After doing some edumacating on the interweb I'm 95% sure they were AR-15s. You've been here. We're a sleepy farming community. Here's the last place i thought I'd ever see assult rifles.
    Now, back to your regular scheduled programming

Assault rifles typically have the ability to be switched from semi to full auto. (safety, auto, single fire)
    Armies and military carry assault rifles, police don't.

What you saw was a semi-automatic black AR-15 rifle.

#3205 2 years ago

I disagree with the "guns as a toy" angle.

Anybody can buy toys. Certain things require licenses and specialized training to purchase. (Boats, cars, firearms, etc)

If your require a license to purchase something, it's not a toy.

#3230 2 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Is Yellowhead Inn (Lucky's Game Room) open yet? Can't want to play the crap out of Bill's machines!!!!!

Yea it feels like ages since I've been there. I'm going to Arkadium this afternoon.

I needs me some location play!!!

5 months later
    #3405 2 years ago

Anyone got a source for CP100 in Canada that will ship?

2 weeks later
    #3453 2 years ago

Anyone know if there's a Godzilla @ Arkadium?

#3458 2 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I think they have a pro model there.

I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

#3461 2 years ago

Thanks Derek. I'll try to stop in tomorrow.

3 weeks later
    #3497 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Can someone post a link to the Canadian forsake thread. I think I deleted the thread and I’m not sure if I can get it to show up again.

You may have drained it by accident? Check your thread settings.

2 weeks later
    #3556 2 years ago

Stranger Things seems to be a very hot commodity these days.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-stranger-things-le-12

#3560 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

On that topic of pinball prices, Tom_454 on maaca had put together a short list of prices he had recently seen, that list is from October 2021. Are those the going rates lately? Please feel free to correct/add to this, all in $CAD. Didn't include the typical +15% in the GTA area! Lol
    Stranger Things (PREM) $12k
    Hobbit (LE) $13k
    Led Zeppelin (LE) $14k
    MET (Pro) $8.5k
    Dialed In (SE) $9.9k
    POTC (CE) $17.5k
    Creature $8.8k
    GhostBusters (Pro) $8.5k
    Monster Bash $12k
    Judge Dredd $5.6k
    TMNT (Pro) $8.2k
    TMNT (PREM) $9.8k
    DeadPool (PREM) $12k
    EHOH (PREM) $14.5k
    Mousin Around $4.2k
    BSD (restored) $6.5k
    Hot Wheels $7.8k
    TWD (Pro) $8k
    STTNG $6.8k
    Batman (Super LE) $25k
    TSPP $8.5k
    GOTG (Pro) $8.2k
    BK (Stern Pro) $7.8k
    Tron (Pro) $10.2k
    Tron (Pro) $10k
    AMH $7.5k
    GOT (PREM) $13.5k
    LOTR (LE) $12.5k
    TOTAN $15k
    Fire $4.5k
    AFM $11.5k

There's no such thing as a going rate anymore. Lol

2 weeks later
    #3633 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:For fun, so you guys can play bingo next time you read all of the new posts in the for sale thread.
    [quoted image]

Looks more like a tic-tac-toe board.

Needs more squares. Let the photoshopping begin!

#3642 2 years ago
    Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg
    #3644 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

So here's a new one. Anyone else experienced this?
    I received a etransfer for $70 from someone that I have not even been in contact with. Scam?

I would venture someone who sent you money previously for something and now did so by mistake. Meant for someone else perhaps.

4 months later
    #4034 1 year ago

And Roger's wanted to buy Shaw. Pffft

1 year later
    #4684 6 months ago

I'm going to Halifax at the end of the month. (Staying in Dartmouth)

I'll have a full day with my 5 year old niece. She's just getting into pinball and I'm wondering if there are any kid friendly pinball locations that are open the afternoon of Monday October 30th?

Thanks.
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpgIMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg

#4686 6 months ago
    Quoted from Steve_d71:

The Chocolate Lake Hotel on the Bay rd in Halifax has a pretty nice arcade. This place is kid friendly. Also in the Sunnyside mall in Bedford. If I think of any more I'll let you know.

Much appreciated...thanks!

#4688 6 months ago

I'm thinking of hitting up the Chocolate Lake Hotel. I checked the lineup on the Pinside map at both the Sunnyside mall and hotel. The hotel seems to have a better themed lineup suited for my 5 year old niece.

I know the pinside map can be out date, but what pinball machines will be there Monday?

#4690 6 months ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Ones that "Should' be at the hotel (on monday) after Hal-con (which ends on sunday) would be. Indiana Jones, Star Trek TNG, Addams Family, Tales from the Crypt, Avengers, Godzilla, TMNT, Deadpool, and Jurassic park... depending on when you go, simply because we don't know when the movers plan on doing stuff or not.
    dunno which ones are premium or non premium as I'm still ignorant to them. If you'll be here friday night perhaps you could come to one of our local pinball socials? Mutual friends of mine and John host them. so if it's something you're interested in could let you know if it's on or not.

Much appreciated for the response about what should be there. I'll just be swooping into Halifax for Halloween with my niece. (Sun-Thu)

I would love to come out Friday. But unfortunately it just isn't in the cards.

I'm planning on making an annual Halloween pilgrimage to Halifax. So perhaps next year?

Thanks again.

#4704 5 months ago

Went to Silverball games @ the Sunnyside mall in Bedford. Nice setup of pins and arcades.

Pins were well kept too. Prices were more than fair as well. (Considering they are in a mall)

I'll go back next time I visit Halifax.

20231031_110908.jpg20231031_110908.jpg

20231031_105207.jpg20231031_105207.jpg20231031_105158.jpg20231031_105158.jpg20231031_105209.jpg20231031_105209.jpg20231031_105220.jpg20231031_105220.jpg20231031_105211.jpg20231031_105211.jpg20231031_105214.jpg20231031_105214.jpg
    #4706 5 months ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Super sorry about Twister being down my dude. That game has been giving us (Silverball) shit for aslong as i've known John. I'm glad to hear your feedback is positive though! <3

All good! No need to apologize.

Wasn't able to make it to the chocolate lake location. But I'll be back next year.

#4708 5 months ago

I would like to add that it's the first time I've played the Sopranos pin. The two games I had on it were very fun.

Didn't think I would like it at all. I'll be back to play it for sure

#4710 5 months ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

I find Sopranos to be a very 'you like it or you don't' type game. Especially when the Safe for the bank robbery(if i recall) isn't working properly. when you have a properly tuned sopranos though it is a real treat to play.

Tony or one of the mobsters would say, "1 more should do it" after the 2nd strike of the safe. 3rd strike it lifted out of the way.

#4714 5 months ago
    Quoted from kool1:

I love it. Looks like a decent collection.
    Always wonder if places like that can be busy enough in 2023 to cover the rent without selling something else but maybe they got a deal if the mall had significant vacancy.
    What are they charging per game? Just curious.

1 token on vector. The rest were 2 tokens to play.

#4716 5 months ago
    Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Never seen that Punk game before... but as a punk rock fan I need to look at it more!!

20231031_105149.jpg20231031_105149.jpg20231031_105152.jpg20231031_105152.jpg
    #4720 5 months ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

.25 cents per token?

20231031_105232.jpg20231031_105232.jpg

2 months later
    #4728 3 months ago
    Quoted from Birdnest:

Next time you are heading this way give me a shout. As the token Albertan who moved east yrs ago - my games room is open. If you visit in the summer then lake toys are available.
    Steve

I will take you up on that offer next time I'm in your neck of the woods. Much appreciated!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ImNotNorm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here?tu=ImNotNorm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.