(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,806 posts
  • 301 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Williams95
  • Topic is favorited by 201 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7103 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0588 (resized).jpeg
    store logo (resized).jpeg
    logo (resized).jpeg
    shirt front (resized).jpeg
    shirt back (resized).jpeg
    logo (resized).jpeg
    logo (resized).jpeg
    20240508_122114 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8155281_0.jpg
    Pinside_forum_8155281_0~2.jpg
    19fd4866-70fb-4b0d-800e-d97f1c866db1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    There are 4,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 97.
    #4751 66 days ago

Central Ontario Arcade and Pinball Fest is happening June 1 at the GNE fairgrounds. Located halfway between Collingwood and Wasaga Beach. See our facebook page for all the details. Over 100 games are confirmed.

#4752 66 days ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I think you need to update your username to: montambanco

Yeah, but then I'd need to change my avatar, etc.. and people won't know who is that new guy and if he's nice or not!

#4753 66 days ago
    Quoted from Astill:

Central Ontario Arcade and Pinball Fest is happening June 1 at the GNE fairgrounds. Located halfway between Collingwood and Wasaga Beach. See our facebook page for all the details. Over 100 games are confirmed.

I'm bringing Striker Xtreme, NASCAR, WPT, Elvis, Algar, Swords of Fury, Flash Gordon, DE Star Wars, Asteroid Annie, The Getaway, and a Panthera that will be for sale.

EDIT; sorry for the confusion, right now only the Panthera will be for sale.

#4754 66 days ago
    Quoted from Astill:

I have committed to bring my Heavy Metal
    It will not be for sale.

20240508_122114 (resized).jpg20240508_122114 (resized).jpg
    #4755 66 days ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

It will not be for sale.
    [quoted image]

!!!!!!!!!
    thank you!
    calling it now, easily the most photographed game at the show.

#4756 66 days ago
    Quoted from Astill:

hey if anyone here is bringing an older machine and wants to place it in the Pinball History section, please let me know! I'm working on a floor plan for that area.
    1950s woodrails and earlier. (much earlier)

One advantage of having it in the history booth is that it will be monitored more closely during the show.

#4757 66 days ago
    Quoted from cait001:

hey if anyone here is bringing an older machine and wants to place it in the Pinball History section, please let me know! I'm working on a floor plan for that area.
    1950s woodrails and earlier. (much earlier)
    One advantage of having it in the history booth is that it will be monitored more closely during the show.

Are you able to transport anything or no? I may have something interesting.

Shoot me a message offline.

#4758 66 days ago

BMHouze holy shit that's cool

#4759 66 days ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Creating a new SHADOW Currency is sooo Pinside..! Love it!
    I wonder if we would get flagged by the mods when selling games using SHA to CAD, or if someone with a big chip on their shoulder would rat on us again?
    E.g. probably what happened on the FS thread in the first place, somebody feeling they got the shaft when trying to buy or sell a game, imo, went straight to that little police icon below!

What is the conversion or does it fluctuate? Where did it wind up? 6.5k?

Is it worth of a bingo card spot?

#4760 66 days ago
    Quoted from koji:What is the conversion or does it fluctuate? Where did it wind up? 6.5k?
    Is it worth of a bingo card spot?

5.5k and a 1990 Altima?

#4761 66 days ago

Just a heads up for those guys not on Facebook.
    I am officially Nitro Pinball Alberta.
    Retail store coming soon.

If you are in Alberta, hit me up for a game.
    Or parts and mods for your games.

[email protected]

#4762 66 days ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Just a heads up for those guys not on Facebook.
    Retail store coming soon.
    If you are in Alberta, hit me up for a game.
    Or parts and mods for your games.
    [email protected]

HOLY

#4763 66 days ago

Very cool, congratz man

#4764 66 days ago
    Quoted from Nintegageo:

Very cool, congratz man

Thank you,
    We are super excited for this.

#4765 66 days ago
    Quoted from pingod:

was inventible, congratulations !

can wait to see the new warehouse !

#4766 66 days ago

transprtr4u just need to edit Dan's face on Thanos' saying that

#4767 66 days ago
    Quoted from Astill:

Impressive growth in the show from last year. Very much looking forward to going again!

Quoted from BMHouze:

It will not be for sale.
    [quoted image]

That's a rare bird, I'm sure it will be lined up all day.

#4768 66 days ago

Personally, I am a but tired of the homepin Flak I get from people who have never even seen one in the wild.
    I am here to open some eyes and play some kick ass music out of my pin.
    I will have my P1 bill of sale painter taped to the head for those who are wondering.
    Very low scoring machine.

#4769 66 days ago

So awesome have a ton of respect for collectors that support these shows. Every year I try to collect more and more games to help support our show and tournaments. Hope it goes well!!!

Quoted from guard:

I'm bringing Striker Xtreme, NASCAR, WPT, Elvis, Algar, Swords of Fury, Flash Gordon, DE Star Wars, Asteroid Annie, The Getaway, and a Panthera that will be for sale.
    EDIT; sorry for the confusion, right now only the Panthera will be for sale.

#4770 65 days ago

WTF, second year in a row that my wife has put in her initials on a newer Stern at VFW and I get nothing.
    I have certainly taught her to Savour her wins over the years of telling her to 'earn it'.
    Looking forward to, and fearing the June show.

That's pinball baby....

#4771 64 days ago

IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT TICKETS!!
    Admission is $20 ~ CASH ONLY at the door on Saturday, June 1st at the Fest!
    Kids 10 and under free!
    If you're looking to take advantage of the PRE-ORDER 4 FOR $60 DEAL (and SAVE!) then make sure you get your orders in soon!!
    CUT OFF IS NOW MAY 20TH!
    Etransfer [email protected]!
    HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE!

logo (resized).jpeglogo (resized).jpeg
    #4772 63 days ago

GET YOUR PRE ORDER ADMISSION/T-SHIRT DEAL NOW!
    ADMISSION $20
    +
    T-SHIRT $30
    =
    $45 ~ SAVE $5!!!
    CUT OFF DATE for the DEAL is MAY 26TH!!
    EMAIL [email protected]

logo (resized).jpeglogo (resized).jpegshirt back (resized).jpegshirt back (resized).jpegshirt front (resized).jpegshirt front (resized).jpeg
    #4773 62 days ago

Is Absolute Pinball legit? They are in Saskatoon, SK. Looking to order some parts.

Thanks!

#4774 62 days ago
    Quoted from TwilightZone:

Is Absolute Pinball legit?

Yes I have purchased from him in the past.

#4775 62 days ago
    Quoted from TwilightZone:

Is Absolute Pinball legit?

actually very good service from him!

ships quick !

#4776 61 days ago

If anyone going to the Central Ontario Pinball Fest and you live in the area of Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, Barrie area, and you would like to bring a pin to the show, I have a moving van on Friday/Saturday... please contact me direct to coordinate transportation. We want lots of pinball games at the show.

#4777 60 days ago

Just a reminder you can go to my site at pinballrom.com and preorder items for the show. There are so many new roms out for the classic games. I also carry NVRAM and a complete line of the highest quality leds. I also carry many ics 5101 , 6800 , 6810 , 6821 , 9602 , 6116 , 6264 etc. It is all 10% off with free pickup , no shipping cost , at the show. It is going to be epic. See you all there.

logo (resized).jpeglogo (resized).jpegstore logo (resized).jpegstore logo (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #4778 53 days ago

Just a follow up to my earlier post regarding Absolute Pinball in Saskatoon, SK. I'd recommend them.

Ordered some plastics. They arrived QUICK and were packaged nicely. Their online system keeps you updated and lets you know when they have shipped with tracking number. Great company!

#4779 53 days ago

Yes Devron has been my go to. I’m also super happy with pinball medics in Ottawa now they have better postal rates too

#4780 48 days ago

Reminder: be sure to double-check your insurance policy for coverage on pinball machines, arcade games, and various game room equipment and toys. Some terms may have changed during the last pandemic, so it's important not to assume you're automatically covered for pinball machines.

We were recently in the market for new insurance and were informed by Industrial Alliance that they now categorize pinball machines as 'video games', similar to a PlayStation or Xbox, with a maximum coverage of $6,000.

This amount doesn't even cover the cost of one game. Still shopping, I'll report my findings here!

#4781 48 days ago

I don’t have my pins covered for extra insurance nor do I have watches/jewelry etc.

Most insurers will offer an opportunity to include an ave you asked your insurance company for a Rider to cover whatever you want. List your assets on rider, the value of the rider, and pay those additional fees.

It’s a collection just like watches, trading cards etc.

It won’t be standard in their policy wording but most should be willing to accommodate. For an additional fee of course.

#4782 47 days ago

I talked to Desjardins regarding Tenant Insurance and collectibles. They told me I need an appraisal and it should be fine. Can't confirm though, as I been waiting over a month for the pinball guy to get back to me with it done :'(

#4783 46 days ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Reminder: be sure to double-check your insurance policy for coverage on pinball machines, arcade games, and various game room equipment and toys. Some terms may have changed during the last pandemic, so it's important not to assume you're automatically covered for pinball machines.
    We were recently in the market for new insurance and were informed by Industrial Alliance that they now categorize pinball machines as 'video games', similar to a PlayStation or Xbox, with a maximum coverage of $6,000.
    This amount doesn't even cover the cost of one game. Still shopping, I'll report my findings here!

I've called my insurance twice now to check on this. They said they're all under content, my content value is high as it is. So, I am defensively trusting that i guess.

#4784 46 days ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I've called my insurance twice now to check on this. They said they're all under content, my content value is high as it is. So, I am defensively trusting that i guess.

That’s what my insurer had originally told me, verbatim! Until I specifically asked about the coverage for pinballs and arcades. Unless you read the fine print and see what is included in the coverage, you won’t be able to claim more than whatever cap they may have on those expensive toys, unless they’ve confirmed this with you in writing. I would also inquire how they estimate the value of the pins you have and what type of coverage is offered. If they look at the manufacturer's site, I guess that would be fine. But are they also looking at how old a game is and apply devaluation, such as they do for cars, etc.

I'm very doubtful they would cut someone a 100k check so they can replace their collection. Then again, I've never heard anyone talking about an insurance claim they had made..

Like someone else posted before, I want this in writing (with pictures, serial numbers, condition and market value) and I'm willing to pay that extra coverage, if they are not gauging me, that is!

Having said that, and different topic, but other than insurance, folks, think about your will! Yeah, not an interesting topic. But I wouldn't want my girlfriend to have to deal with people coming over, and offering her a 'generous $1200 on my Alien LV', because she doesn't know the value of those things, for example. So I'm documenting with instructions with values. And indicating where to look for recent information, just in case!

#4785 46 days ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

That’s what my insurer had originally told me, verbatim! Until I specifically asked about the coverage for pinballs and arcades. Unless you read the fine print and see what is included in the coverage, you won’t be able to claim more than whatever cap they may have on those expensive toys, unless they’ve confirmed this with you in writing. I would also inquire how they estimate the value of the pins you have and what type of coverage is offered. If they look at the manufacturer's site, I guess that would be fine. But are they also looking at how old a game is and apply devaluation, such as they do for cars, etc.
    I'm very doubtful they would cut someone a 100k check so they can replace their collection. Then again, I've never heard anyone talking about an insurance claim they had made..
    Like someone else posted before, I want this in writing (with pictures, serial numbers, condition and market value) and I'm willing to pay that extra coverage, if they are not gauging me, that is!
    Having said that, and different topic, but other than insurance, folks, think about your will! Yeah, not an interesting topic. But I wouldn't want my girlfriend to have to deal with people coming over, and offering her a 'generous $1200 on my Alien LV', because she doesn't know the value of those things, for example. So I'm documenting with instructions with values. And indicating where to look for recent information, just in case!

Tell you gf I will go to $1500 and it's all good.

#4786 46 days ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Tell you gf I will go to $1500 and it's all good.

Just for you, it'll be $1499..!

#4787 46 days ago

I never really understood the logic behind insurance for toys. (Exception if these machines are being used for business)

If they are being covered properly anyway, any other investment with that extra capital should be greater value unless you beat the odds to be the one that needs to make a claim prior to the premiums offsetting the loss.

#4788 46 days ago
    Quoted from Nintegageo:

I talked to Desjardins regarding Tenant Insurance and collectibles. They told me I need an appraisal and it should be fine. Can't confirm though, as I been waiting over a month for the pinball guy to get back to me with it done :'(

Who’s your pinball guy?

#4789 41 days ago

yeah, my insurance (TD Melloche previously, and now Intact Insurance) has iterated to me multiple times that it would be covered under "all-contents" insurance as long as the total value is under $X amount.

I pointed out that we have Grand Piano worth about 80k (appraised) and some pinball machines about 8-12k each. Replacement value of those would be much higher, but they said it was covered.

I go through this discussion on every renewal. I'm still skeptical if a fire burnt down our house, what would actually get replaced.

#4790 39 days ago

Holy shit. Inflation is real! But who else read that top food item to the tune of Little Bones??

IMG_0588 (resized).jpegIMG_0588 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #4791 31 days ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Holy shit. Inflation is real! But who else read that top food item to the tune of Little Bones??
    [quoted image]

Baby eat that hot dog slow...

1 week later
    #4792 20 days ago

Well.. Great time to be ordering expensive shit from the US. Received 2 toppers in 1 week (JAWS direct from Stern and S-D direct from Spooky). Thanks to CBSA and their job action (work-to-rule) they aren't collecting taxes on shipments. Yep you read that right. No Fedex or UPS brokerage fees and no tax. Nuthin. Nada. Zip.

Who knows how long this will last. Timing was lucky and great in my case

#4793 20 days ago

Disagree. In my experience it is the Exact opposite. Regime is squeezing every last penny it can…

This year, I have yet to catch a single such break. They’ve squeezed every opportunity from $10 to just today $400.

Crrpt fks they b

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Well.. Great time to be ordering expensive shit from the US. Received 2 toppers in 1 week (JAWS direct from Stern and S-D direct from Spooky). Thanks to CBSA and their job action (work-to-rule) they aren't collecting taxes on shipments. Yep you read that right. No Fedex or UPS brokerage fees and no tax. Nuthin. Nada. Zip.

#4794 20 days ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I would get ready for them to come knocking when they get back to work….hope not, always cool to get a break! Never did see the jaws topper…can post a pic when you get it up on top?

#4795 19 days ago
    Quoted from Requis:

I would get ready for them to come knocking when they get back to work….hope not, always cool to get a break! Never did see the jaws topper…can post a pic when you get it up on top?

Bah. I don't see that happening but really… What's the worst that can happen? I will pay the tax I was supposed to? Who cares. At least I wouldn’t have to pay brokerage to those shippers.

Topper is pretty plain/basic, like JP or Stranger Things. Just a bunch of blinky lights. It's also a bit repetitious. That Amity sign is represented in 3 places on the back of the machine. Playfield back board, Backglass, and now topper. I suppose if you have an LE or Pro it's not as bad since it's at least not already on the BG.

IMG_7103 (resized).jpegIMG_7103 (resized).jpeg

#4796 19 days ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Bah. I dont see that happening but really… Whats the worst that can happen? I will the tax I was supposed to? Who cates. At least I wouldn’t have to pay brokerage to those shippers.
    Topper is pretty plain/basic, like JP or Dtranger Things. Just a bunch of blinky lights.
    [quoted image]

Does it add modes at least?

#4797 19 days ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Topper is pretty plain/basic,

Needs the graffiti shark fin !

#4798 19 days ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Needs a moving shark Fin that would be cool

#4799 19 days ago
    Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Does it add modes at least?

Not that I have noticed.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

It's there - you only see it if you are not standing right in front of the game. Here's a video I made to show it:

#4800 19 days ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Not that I have noticed.

It's there - you only see it if you are not standing right in front of the game. Here's a video I made to show it:

I get toppers that add to the game, otherwise I don't see a point personally. But we're all fans of things others may not be!

Looks nice.

There are 4,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.