(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 95.
    #4701 4 months ago
    Quoted from RYE_:

Their classified seem pretty dead but I'll give it a try. I guess Facebook or Pinside Classifieds are the leading alternatives?

Nice! I'm getting a table made by http://mcfaddentables.ca. Super nice guy with a woodshop just north of Kingston ON. Should be arriving in a couple of months.

Nice looking tables! Ask them to include LED strips integrated underneath the top arm rest / shelf. A friend of mind got a similar table and his over head lighting LED warm / cold light bulbs (he tried both). Introduced glare, and or too much light, not enough light, or the light was awfull when trying to read cards…etc. I’m now looking into lighting as we are running into similar issues…Sorry for high jacking the thread.

Head over here for more board game talk!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-board-game-players-out-there

How much are you asking for the Hot Wheels friend of mine might be interested!?

#4703 4 months ago
    Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

What are you gonna price it at?

Quoted from Requis:

How much are you asking for the Hot Wheels friend of mine might be interested!?

I dunno, probs $8K. All-in delivered NIB it was around $10K back in 2021, and I doubt retail prices have gone down. So $8K seems fair given the light use its seen and inflation. I didn't even use the shaker motor because I didn't want to annoy the people in the downstairs apartment.

If anyone here wants it let me know. I'll start posting more widely in a few days.

Quoted from djtkach:

I'm very keen to hear your experience, as this is a source I've been considering.

Quoted from Anony:

What is the typical price range for a custom table like this? I have a friend who is a master carpenter and just opened his own millwork and I wonder if he could do jobs like this on the side between his bigger gigs.

McFadden sets base prices determined by wood choice, stain and/or clear coat, and rough size (small, medium or large). In my case I'm going with stain and clear coat, a mid-range wood, and medium sized table (60" x 40") and I'm looking at about $4500 with a a few card and cup holders included (they hand off an invisible rail).

But sky is the limit, he'll let you do anything you want, as big as you want, any style you want, and can make every matching accessory imaginable, from a set of chairs to dice towers to whatever.

I visited his workshop a couple weeks ago. His stuff is awesome in person. Screams quality and looks great.

They're also definitely gamers in there and really take pride in what they're doing and why they're doing it. One of his guys in the workshop was making his own custom wood + poured epoxy board for some kind of peg game he plays and it looked like a museum piece.

Quoted from Requis:

A friend of mind got a similar table and his over head lighting LED warm / cold light bulbs (he tried both). Introduced glare, and or too much light, not enough light, or the light was awfull when trying to read cards…etc.

I'm good. I have ceiling pot lights that give off bright but diffused light, and that's backed up by a hanging ceiling light made up of frosted glass panels. So the lighting is really smooth. I like the idea of sexy under table lighting though!

#4704 4 months ago

Went to Silverball games @ the Sunnyside mall in Bedford. Nice setup of pins and arcades.

Pins were well kept too. Prices were more than fair as well. (Considering they are in a mall)

I'll go back next time I visit Halifax.

20231031_110908.jpg20231031_110908.jpg

20231031_105207.jpg20231031_105207.jpg20231031_105158.jpg20231031_105158.jpg20231031_105209.jpg20231031_105209.jpg20231031_105220.jpg20231031_105220.jpg20231031_105211.jpg20231031_105211.jpg20231031_105214.jpg20231031_105214.jpg
    #4705 4 months ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:Went to Silverball games @ the Sunnyside mall in Bedford. Nice setup of pins and arcades.
    Pins were well kept too. Prices were more than fair as well. (Considering they are in a mall)
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super sorry about Twister being down my dude. That game has been giving us (Silverball) shit for aslong as i've known John. I'm glad to hear your feedback is positive though! <3

#4706 4 months ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Super sorry about Twister being down my dude. That game has been giving us (Silverball) shit for aslong as i've known John. I'm glad to hear your feedback is positive though! <3

All good! No need to apologize.

Wasn't able to make it to the chocolate lake location. But I'll be back next year.

#4707 4 months ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Went to Silverball games @ the Sunnyside mall in Bedford. Nice setup of pins and arcades.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome. And lol at the DDR megamix marquee, those things are ridiculous. I got rid of mine as soon as I could when I got my DDR machine.

#4708 4 months ago

I would like to add that it's the first time I've played the Sopranos pin. The two games I had on it were very fun.

Didn't think I would like it at all. I'll be back to play it for sure

#4709 4 months ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I would like to add that it's the first time I've played the Sopranos pin. The two games I had on it were very fun.
    Didn't think I would like it at all. I'll be back to play it for sure

I find Sopranos to be a very 'you like it or you don't' type game. Especially when the Safe for the bank robbery(if i recall) isn't working properly. when you have a properly tuned sopranos though it is a real treat to play.

Quoted from Anony:

Looks awesome. And lol at the DDR megamix marquee, those things are ridiculous. I got rid of mine as soon as I could when I got my DDR machine.

Everything about that machine is ridiculous. If i recall it's actually playing the korean version of DDR. The marquee lights are messed up and just never really got around to fixing it y'know.

#4710 4 months ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

I find Sopranos to be a very 'you like it or you don't' type game. Especially when the Safe for the bank robbery(if i recall) isn't working properly. when you have a properly tuned sopranos though it is a real treat to play.

Tony or one of the mobsters would say, "1 more should do it" after the 2nd strike of the safe. 3rd strike it lifted out of the way.

#4711 4 months ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Tony or one of the mobsters would say, "1 more should do it" after the 2nd strike of the safe. 3rd strike it lifted out of the way.

It sounds like it's working properly then. That makes me glad i actually want to go and play it now ahaha

#4712 3 months ago

I have some fond memories of having Wizard! Set up next to the door for Halloween.
    'You kids go ahead, daddy just needs to play a game or two."

#4713 3 months ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

[quoted image]

I love it. Looks like a decent collection.

Always wonder if places like that can be busy enough in 2023 to cover the rent without selling something else but maybe they got a deal if the mall had significant vacancy.

What are they charging per game? Just curious.

#4714 3 months ago
    Quoted from kool1:

I love it. Looks like a decent collection.
    Always wonder if places like that can be busy enough in 2023 to cover the rent without selling something else but maybe they got a deal if the mall had significant vacancy.
    What are they charging per game? Just curious.

1 token on vector. The rest were 2 tokens to play.

#4715 3 months ago

Never seen that Punk game before... but as a punk rock fan I need to look at it more!!

#4716 3 months ago
    Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Never seen that Punk game before... but as a punk rock fan I need to look at it more!!

20231031_105149.jpg20231031_105149.jpg20231031_105152.jpg20231031_105152.jpg
    #4717 3 months ago

Love how they put the Punk and Rock side by each.

#4718 3 months ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Love how they put the Punk and Rock side by each.

Thought the same!

#4719 3 months ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

1 token on vector. The rest were 2 tokens to play.

.25 cents per token?

#4720 3 months ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

.25 cents per token?

20231031_105232.jpg20231031_105232.jpg

#4721 3 months ago

I do the bulk of repairs for Silverball Games on location, & share workshop space with the operator. Along with other operator repairs in the area & home owners pinball machines. One of the last guys in my region to service jukebox, & coin operated equipment. Along with arcade games. Another local tech does a lot of the Gottlieb electronic games service which I hate to work on. The Punk glass was a new replacement from Mayfair (last one in stock). Glad you enjoyed the arcade experience, along with hundreds at the Halcon Show (arcade) this year.

#4722 3 months ago

Not pinball but anyone in Calgary know a reliable stand up arcade tech looking for some extra work? Can you pm me a name/reference?

2 weeks later
    #4723 3 months ago

Another Shipping Question (with a twist)

I found a game I want in Boston. Owner has never packed up and doesn't want to but will work with a shipping company.

1) Has anyone come across this in the past and found a shipping company that would pack it? STI used to do white glove service and I have reached out to them.
    2) I know there are some local guys that drive across Ontario picking up pins. Anyone know of someone who would drive to Boston?

It's not the most common pin so I'm looking for a solution without having to drive there myself. Just don't have time until possibly mid-January.

Thanks in advance.

#4724 3 months ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Just don't have time until possibly mid-January.

That sounds like a crappy drive that time of year?

#4725 3 months ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

That sounds like a crappy drive that time of year?

Terrible. lol

I should have updated. Beltman has a quote that’s fair for “white glove” service.

1 month later
    #4726 56 days ago

Does anyone know Welderman24 from Ponoka, AB? He's been inactive for a few years but I wanted to see if he's still available to chat.

#4727 55 days ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

[quoted image]

Next time you are heading this way give me a shout. As the token Albertan who moved east yrs ago - my games room is open. If you visit in the summer then lake toys are available.

Steve

#4728 55 days ago
    Quoted from Birdnest:

Next time you are heading this way give me a shout. As the token Albertan who moved east yrs ago - my games room is open. If you visit in the summer then lake toys are available.
    Steve

I will take you up on that offer next time I'm in your neck of the woods. Much appreciated!

2 weeks later
    #4729 36 days ago

Heading to Calgary this weekend, going by the hidden spot. Has anyone got an update on what's there? I think a couple machines have moved on. Any other decent places to check out? Pinbars games are a bit rough and Brewcade is ok. Thanks

#4730 36 days ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Heading to Calgary this weekend, going by the hidden spot. Has anyone got an update on what's there? I think a couple machines have moved on. Any other decent places to check out? Pinbars games are a bit rough and Brewcade is ok. Thanks

https://www.pinballmap.com/map?by_location_name=The+Hidden+Spot

I read that Brewcade changed owners or something, so not sure if it's open at the moment or not.

#4731 36 days ago

Ok thanks for the info!

#4732 35 days ago

I am debating this year's mod as an upgrade to standard posts in HM
    It currently uses the homepin post/rubber.
    With some sort if nut that is hammered in on the B side.
    Has anyone removed these? Just wonder if it's straight out or a twist.
    Figure trying from the bottom will be better than trying a punch to hammer them out from the top..

#4733 35 days ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

I am debating this year's mod as an upgrade to standard posts in HM
    It currently uses the homepin post/rubber.
    With some sort if nut that is hammered in on the B side.
    Has anyone removed these? Just wonder if it's straight out or a twist.
    Figure trying from the bottom will be better than trying a punch to hammer them out from the top..

That's a T-nut. They have 3 tangs that dig in to the wood to prevent them from turning. Just thread a long screw in from the top, then use a hammer on the screw to gently pop the nut free. They don't need to be screwed out, they will just pop straight off.

IMG_0368 (resized).JPGIMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.