(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 95.
    #4451 1 year ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

You played mine for 15 minutes and put up a GC score, what more do you want

Yeah and I haven't stopped thinking about it since Such a fun game.
    Think we need to do a trade down the road when the newness wears off for you.

2 weeks later
    #4452 1 year ago

I finally applied to the place that hires everyone.
    At least I have a job.
    If my references check out they give me +$2/hr to start.
    My workplace closed in Nov. Got a nice severance, but tax time could take a bite to leave me just short of the rest of the mortgage.
    Either way, new job pays way more than I really need, I should be able to start adding to the game room again soon.

#4453 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

I finally applied to the place that hires everyone.
    At least I have a job.
    If my references check out they give me +$2/hr to start.
    My workplace closed in Nov. Got a nice severance, but tax time could take a bite to leave me just short of the rest of the mortgage.
    Either way, new job pays way more than I really need, I should be able to start adding to the game room again soon.

Who hires everyone (if you don't mind me asking)

Congrats on the new gig

#4454 1 year ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Who hires everyone

Tims
    Home depot
    Canadian tire
    The list goes on ....

#4455 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Tims
    Home depot
    Canadian tire
    The list goes on ....

Yup. My wifes friend just reentered the work force. Had her choice of Rona, Dollar Tree, Timmy's. Rona offered $20/hr to start so she chose them

#4456 1 year ago

Bigger chains and the box stores are always looking for help ...

At my age , guessing the Welcome to Walmart greeting may be in my future.

#4457 1 year ago

Sadly the big chains never called me back when I was looking.

Maybe I'm just a degenerate

#4458 1 year ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Sadly the big chains never called me back when I was looking.
    Maybe I'm just a degenerate

Feel for you. Nothing worse then being declined for a position you're more then qualified for

#4459 1 year ago

Did anyone used to check out the arcade at the PNE when it still had one with pinball machines? I used to check out the pins every year. One year, there was a King Kong. I didn't think anything special of it, other than, cool a new pin to try. I just started wondering about it since the KK wanted thread went up and wondered if anyone else remembers. I wonder what happened to it: seems weird that such a rare machine was in the wild there in Canada. But I guess it would have been a good place to test machines, as it was a very heavily trafficed arcade with all the PNE attendees around.

#4460 1 year ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Did anyone used to check out the arcade at the PNE when it still had one with pinball machines? I used to check out the pins every year. One year, there was a King Kong. I didn't think anything special of it, other than, cool a new pin to try. I just started wondering about it since the KK wanted thread went up and wondered if anyone else remembers. I wonder what happened to it: seems weird that such a rare machine was in the wild there in Canada. But I guess it would have been a good place to test machines, as it was a very heavily trafficed arcade with all the PNE attendees around.

They had a Hercules. It was just inside the main door.

#4461 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

They had a Hercules. It was just inside the main door.

Yup, I remember that one too. I remembered being sorry I played it that is, ha. It's memorable for how poorly it plays. I guess that's the only one you remember... not surprising I suppose.

#4462 1 year ago

Here in Ontario, my parents would take the brothers and I to Cedar Point.
    They had a huge arcade.
    Played Hercules there.
    A sit in, moving Mach 3? Ate 2 of my brothers $

#4463 1 year ago

Wondering if anyone in Montreal knows where I could purchase some Novus or might b able to part with a bit?!

#4464 1 year ago

novus , which number ?

#4465 1 year ago

I would say Novus 2

#4467 1 year ago

2 litles of Novus on Amazon for $42. Best buy out there I've found

#4468 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

2 litles of Novus on Amazon for $42. Best buy out there I've found

Yes best deal

#4469 1 year ago

2 things I remember about the PNE back in 79 or 80 was Hercules and room temperature milk drink boxes up and coming and giving out free samples.

1 week later
    #4470 1 year ago

Has anyone played the new Alien pin? what's your thoughts on it.

#4471 1 year ago
    Quoted from Waynezor:

Has anyone played the new Alien pin? what's your thoughts on it.

Owned for 6 months LV lighting better than SV too each their own, it’s a top 10 pin imo, theme, sound, immersive, it’s a different shooter couple unique shots, but the shots are really nice when dialed in. Some have been increasing the pitch and really enjoy it, say makes the hyperlock shot easier, I haven’t tried it as my hyperlock shoots nice as is. Code is nice last update fixed some earlier issues, been solid as of late, it’s not super deep, but is a nice balance easy to follow. For the price of the LV I’m not sure another pin beats it. Has some cool mods with the apron mod with lighting. PB service is top notch can’t say enough about that. Guess I’m a fan of it

#4472 1 year ago
    Quoted from LastCall420:

Owned for 6 months LV lighting better than SV too each their own, it’s a top 10 pin imo, theme, sound, immersive, it’s a different shooter couple unique shots, but the shots are really nice when dialed in. Some have been increasing the pitch and really enjoy it, say makes the hyperlock shot easier, I haven’t tried it as my hyperlock shoots nice as is. Code is nice last update fixed some earlier issues, been solid as of late, it’s not super deep, but is a nice balance easy to follow. For the price of the LV I’m not sure another pin beats it. Has some cool mods with the apron mod with lighting. PB service is top notch can’t say enough about that. Guess I’m a fan of it

Awww Man, Nice review, you make me want to buy one. I'm on the fence with the new company/boutique company. Nice to hear this review, thanks! Dave

#4473 1 year ago

I played one of the OG Aliens at VFW (Ann Arbor).
    Wow, what a great game.
    If I was better skilled to repair a boutique brand I would be all over it.
    Must have 3 cell phone screens inside.
    Very dark and gloomy, like the theme.

#4474 1 year ago

Does anyone know how to bullet proof loonie Mechs so they don't reject so much? I know someone having an issue. I'm told to remove the magnets, but I don't think there are magnets in them to begin with, so there must be other issues.

#4475 1 year ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Does anyone know how to bullet proof loonie Mechs so they don't reject so much? I know someone having an issue. I'm told to remove the magnets, but I don't think there are magnets in them to begin with, so there must be other issues.

mechanical or electronic mech's ?

#4476 1 year ago
    Quoted from luch:

mechanical or electronic mech's ?

Mechanical. Suzo Happ in particular.

#4477 1 year ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Mechanical. Suzo Happ in particular.

There were magnets in the old US 25c mechs, which can be removed to allow Canadian quarters to be accepted.

As far as Loonie (or Toonie) mechs, they are expensive, but these are the only ones that work reliably; https://pinballmedics.ca/product/imonex-loonie-1-coin-chute/

I pull the mechs out of my new Sterns and replace them before I even program the pricing, the Happ mechs are constantly_ jammed, and it sucks to have brand new $15K Stern Premiums refusing to take peoples money!

Mike

#4478 1 year ago

With dollar mechs some work ok, & others you might have to remove the triangle plastic at the top corner. On one pin had one normal & one with the plastic removed to get it to work. Also on older doors, your coin switch wire might need adjusting, or the end of the switch travel modified so the dollar coin does not jam. Best to buy a few mechs!

#4479 1 year ago

Go with Imonex, they are way better.

#4480 1 year ago
    Quoted from LastCall420:

Thanks for the info hope they're is one at yegpin to play and see how plays.

2 weeks later
    #4481 1 year ago

Not a good sale topic to make that thread go off the fuckin' rails farther than usual, BUT.
    Is this seriously a good *note to make when selling a game?

"New leg levelers and balls"

Like seriously, could any part be any less expensive and noteworthy than leg levelers and ball ?

#4482 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

note to make when selling a game?

That takes balls to ask !

#4483 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Not a good sale topic to make that thread go off the fuckin' rails farther than usual, BUT.
    Is this seriously a good *note to make when selling a game?
    "New leg levelers and balls"
    Like seriously, could any part be any less expensive and noteworthy than leg levelers and ball ?

I find that note very exciting. Can't recall the last time I picked up a machine that actually had clean levelers and a ball I did not need to replace

#4484 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

I find that note very exciting. Can't recall the last time I picked up a machine that actually had clean levelers and a ball I did not need to replace

When that's the lead story though on a sale, not exciting for me. Id rather hear about things that cost more than $1.95

#4485 1 year ago

Shinny, glistening balls are waaaaaayyyyyyy better then schweddy balls. I think it's a selling feature.

QSS

Schweddy balls (resized).jpgSchweddy balls (resized).jpg
    #4486 1 year ago

What would be a fair price
    For a Mint HUO Aerosmith pro in Canada?

#4487 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

For a Mint HUO AS pro in Canada?

7900-8500 ?

#4488 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

For the life of me I can't think, or find, what "AS" is....

#4489 1 year ago

Aerosmith

#4490 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

Too early thought it said ass !

#4491 1 year ago

1 week later
    #4492 1 year ago

I recently started a new job.
    I found out from a co worker about a local collector.
    But, he's a dentist.

#4493 1 year ago

Not pin related, but is anyone in this area and able to pick up some big Buckhunter guns and ship them to me? The seller doesn’t want to ship. I’ll pay you for your time. PM me if you can help me out and I’ll get you the details. Thanks.

642ECD45-7CB1-442A-A967-64DAB536B097 (resized).jpeg642ECD45-7CB1-442A-A967-64DAB536B097 (resized).jpeg
    #4494 1 year ago

pm sent

#4495 1 year ago

Anyone know if any of the pinball joints in the Greater Toronto Area are planning on getting a Godfather?

Totally wanna try that one out.

Top edition must be going for $C20K+, getting kind of wacky.

#4496 1 year ago

Is this where we post games for sale?

#4498 1 year ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Is this where we post games for sale?

Whatcha got?

#4499 1 year ago

Nothing much, I mostly just hoard lol.

#4500 1 year ago
    Quoted from RYE_:

Anyone know if any of the pinball joints in the Greater Toronto Area are planning on getting a Godfather?
    Totally wanna try that one out.
    Top edition must be going for $C20K+, getting kind of wacky.

Unfortunately very little substantial public pinball in Toronto given the size of the city. I doubt any of the places I know will pay $12-15K for a GF. Maybe Maple will buy.. but Maple is mostly a tournament place.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.