(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 82 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 95.
    #4401 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

When I get one, gonna be for sure money in, try to win. Or I take your money

I feel the same way. What happens when you have $20 in cash received and someone wins $500?

#4402 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

I feel the same way. What happens when you have $20 in cash received and someone wins $500?

Its that's the gamble! It wont be a ticket, it'll be quarters coming out into tray

#4403 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Does anyone have a slot machine?
    I see them in many game rooms and my wife's a fan of the one arm bandits.
    Are they legal in Canada?
    How do you set them up? Free Play or actual pay in/out. I'm sure in/out is illegal.

They're usually decommissioned by the gaming authorities. Cash in cash out. No keys.

#4404 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Does anyone have a slot machine?
    I see them in many game rooms and my wife's a fan of the one arm bandits.
    Are they legal in Canada?
    How do you set them up? Free Play or actual pay in/out. I'm sure in/out is illegal.

People have them. I have been offered for trade on pins before.

#4405 1 year ago

I know a guy that has a couple for sale... I think he was asking 9000 for the pair. I have no idea if that is a good price or not, but they were more modern touch screen ones.

#4406 1 year ago

There's a bunch available. Apparently the reliable ones are around $1200. Classic wheels and arm pull. I may give it a go. Unless you can actually win, I think the novelty would wear off pretty quick.

#4407 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

There's a bunch available. Apparently the reliable ones are around $1200. Classic wheels and arm pull. I may give it a go. Unless you can actually win, I think the novelty would wear off pretty quick.

The Toronto Pinball Exchange in Hamilton usually has plenty for sale.

I bought one from there a few years ago. It uses quarters and is cash in - cash out, but the cash out is limited to 600 quarters on mine I believe. Any payouts above that would be a manual hand pay.

I let people play it and take the risks. It is mostly some close friends and my in-laws who play it.

I did change the grand prize to a lower amount as it was $7,000 if you played the maximum of three quarters and actually hit it. Since it is a manual payment at that level, I just taped a new number ($1,000) over the amount on the glass. I used the same font and colour and don't even think anybody notices lol.

It just adds another unique piece to the game room and they look pretty cool.

I have paid out $100 in cash once, but usually people put in $5-10 and play until they lose. I keep plenty of quarters on hand, including $10 rolls. Occasionally people win $10-40 and want to cash out, so I'll pay them cash.

You cannot adjust the odds or even know what the payout levels are set at.

As for the legality of it, I'm sure you're fine as long as you aren't letting random people in your house to play it.

Some people like playing it for fun (mostly kids), so I put out quarters for them as well, but obviously it is understood nothing is for keeps.

#4408 1 year ago

I saw a slot at the Maple open house earlier this year. They may be able to help you out.
    I think it was a nickel machine and I believe it was priced at 250

#4409 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sleepy:

The Toronto Pinball Exchange in Hamilton usually has plenty for sale.
    I bought one from there a few years ago. It uses quarters and is cash in - cash out, but the cash out is limited to 600 quarters on mine I believe. Any payouts above that would be a manual hand pay.
    I let people play it and take the risks. It is mostly some close friends and my in-laws who play it.
    I did change the grand prize to a lower amount as it was $7,000 if you played the maximum of three quarters and actually hit it. Since it is a manual payment at that level, I just taped a new number ($1,000) over the amount on the glass. I used the same font and colour and don't even think anybody notices lol.
    It just adds another unique piece to the game room and they look pretty cool.
    I have paid out $100 in cash once, but usually people put in $5-10 and play until they lose. I keep plenty of quarters on hand, including $10 rolls. Occasionally people win $10-40 and want to cash out, so I'll pay them cash.
    You cannot adjust the odds or even know what the payout levels are set at.
    As for the legality of it, I'm sure you're fine as long as you aren't letting random people in your house to play it.
    Some people like playing it for fun (mostly kids), so I put out quarters for them as well, but obviously it is understood nothing is for keeps.

The sounds like the perfect setup. Bet a little, win a little. I'm fine with a $1K jackpot too, I'm glad you can adjust that setting.

My comment on legality was if they decommissioned them before the crossed the boarder like they can do with firearms etc. I have zero concerns of getting in trouble because someone is winning $20 in my basement.

I'm going to grab one.

Thanks for the help.

#4410 1 year ago

Had a Blazing 7s slot machine once. The cpu has a battery on it. When it dies out and you have to replace it, turns out to be a real pain. Special set of roms, and a old computer with a rs232 port was needed. I don’t know if you could upgrade it to nvram.

My solutions was to make the battery remote off the board, so I could change it with the power on and avoid the whole setup process.

Just a heads up.

#4411 1 year ago

I updated my ad to include a shot of the internal timer/counter which shows a total of 11 hours of play time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70508

QSS

#4412 1 year ago

Anyone have a Stern Sam shaker board they be willing to sell? Have the shaker, but need the board it connects to. Thanks.

#4413 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone have a Stern Sam shaker board they be willing to sell? Have the shaker, but need the board it connects to. Thanks.

There is no board by the coin door? I thought it was standard.

#4414 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

There is no board by the coin door? I thought it was standard.

I don't think it was on the Stern Sam games. My MET Pro doesn't seem to have the board. Likely only standard on the Spike 2 games. Thanks.

#4415 1 year ago

Yup have a separate board on my Spider-man.

#4416 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

I don't think it was on the Stern Sam games. My MET Pro doesn't seem to have the board. Likely only standard on the Spike 2 games. Thanks.

the board is pretty straight forward do so I am sure you will be able to find an aftermarket solution. it is basically a couple resistors and diodes, nothing fancy,.

#4417 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-6803-00

1 week later
    #4418 1 year ago

Any pinheads in Saskatchewan have any tattoo artist/shops recommendations in Saskatoon? Wife is looking to get some work done. Thanks

#4419 1 year ago

Rites of Passage, 634 10th St. E right off Broadway.

Graeme is a friend of mine, great guy and an incredible artist.

#4420 1 year ago
    Quoted from Engine09:

Rites of Passage, 634 10th St. E right off Broadway.
    Graeme is a friend of mine, great guy and an incredible artist.

I agree with this recommendation Pat is also a great guy. He did my back piece. And Graeme did some pieces for my wife.

#4421 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Any pinheads in Saskatchewan have any tattoo artist/shops recommendations in Saskatoon? Wife is looking to get some work done. Thanks

Level Up tattoo, 234 Primrose Dr #2. Mike is a pinsider. Also usually has a sweet pin in the shop. Wife gets tattoo, you get to play pinball!

#4422 1 year ago

Who is going to get scooby doo? Does Spooky make reliable games?

#4423 1 year ago

I ordered a CE

Great company ... handles any issues quickly . Looking forward to it

#4424 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

I ordered a CE

Looks like a few Scooby’s will be heading north of the border can’t wait, and got maiden coming also from next run, so glad stern doing another run of them

#4425 1 year ago
    Quoted from Waynezor:

Who is going to get scooby doo? Does Spooky make reliable games?

Love the theme but game play video didn't excite me. Wait and see but it's a beautiful game.

#4426 1 year ago
    Quoted from Waynezor:

Does Spooky make reliable games?

No. But you can fix them and their support department is solid.

#4427 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

I ordered a CE

Me too, grabbed a CE for the wife.
    She loves the theme.

#4428 1 year ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Me too, grabbed a CE for the wife.
    She loves the theme.

Lucky wife....

#4429 1 year ago

Well this was a pleasant surprise on my drive home from Sherwood Park tonight. Been a while since I've seen gas that cheap or even stopped at a Domo. They still jump to the pump for you

20221220_170837.jpg20221220_170837.jpg
    #4430 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Well this was a pleasant surprise on my drive home from Sherwood Park tonight. Been a while since I've seen gas that cheap or even stopped at a Domo. They still jump to the pump for you
    [quoted image]

They used to give you a free hockey stick if you bought enough gas!

#4431 1 year ago

played many a game with one of those !

#4432 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Well this was a pleasant surprise on my drive home from Sherwood Park tonight. Been a while since I've seen gas that cheap

we need the cheap gas to keep our cars running 24/7 with -40 plus wind chill ! WTF !

#4433 1 year ago
    Quoted from mac2444:

They used to give you a free hockey stick if you bought enough gas!

I remember my mom getting glass dishes from domo back in the early 80s. Bowls, plates...

#4434 1 year ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Just listed my Super Chexx Bubble Hockey game.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70508
    I bought this game band new and it's huo and has always been in my house. It's a coin opp game and it's in mint shape.
    $2,950.
    QSS

Sold my Super Chexx locally on Kijiji but I still made a $5 contribution to Pinside for letting me advertise it here. Happy holidays Robin

I..... am...... awesome

QSS

#4435 1 year ago

I know there’s a lot of interest in Stranger things. Thought my fellow canucks may find this interesting. I have taken this post from the STH thread. Key word here is maybe so who knows but still interesting.

“Odds have increased on Stern vaulting Stranger Things Premium. Joel Engelberth just did a very informative interview with George Gomez where they talked about Stranger Things and George mentioned "maybe" re-visiting it.
    Relevant discussion starts at around the 49:00”

#4436 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

I know there’s a lot of interest in Stranger things. Thought my fellow canucks may find this interesting. I have taken this post from the STH thread. Key word here is maybe so who knows but still interesting.
    “Odds have increased on Stern vaulting Stranger Things Premium. Joel Engelberth just did a very informative interview with George Gomez where they talked about Stranger Things and George mentioned "maybe" re-visiting it.
    Relevant discussion starts at around the 49:00”

He points out all the reasons why they stopped making it which are the same reasons we heard when they stopped making it since the last run in 202o the tk lock never worked well and the game is hard to make, produce and work reliably.

A vault would need a redesigned tk and a new projector as well, since the last one used is likely discontinued.
    If they vault it with improvements I might re buy it. Not interested in re-buying the current one, specially at the ridiculous price it sells for.

#4437 1 year ago

Would be very interested in a vaulted ST premium. I have heard rumors earlier this year about it.

#4438 1 year ago

Merry Xmas everyone

#4439 1 year ago

Happy holidays everyone, hoping for many new games in 2023!

#4440 1 year ago

Merry Christmas!

2 weeks later
    #4441 1 year ago

Anyone know if there is a GOTG on location in Saskatoon?

Thanks

#4442 1 year ago

NO

#4443 1 year ago

Also, I just wanted

#4444 1 year ago

To have post #4444

#4445 1 year ago

To have post #4444

Horrible number if you're Chinese

#4446 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone know if there is a GOTG on location in Saskatoon?
    Thanks

You played mine for 15 minutes and put up a GC score, what more do you want

#4447 1 year ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

oh yeah? lol

I did ancestry, I am the whitest bitch on planet earth.

#4448 1 year ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Aren't posts ending in 7 better?

Dammit now I'm ending with a 8, thanks ND

#4449 1 year ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Aren't posts ending in 7 better?
    Dammit now I'm ending with a 8, thanks ND

Actually, 8 is very lucky in Chinese culture.

LoL

#4450 1 year ago

oh yeah? lol
    I did ancestry, I am the whitest bitch on planet earth.

Considering your location, I can't fight that. Haha

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/89?hl=theshaft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.