(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,779 posts
  • 300 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Boat
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

store logo (resized).jpeg
    logo (resized).jpeg
    shirt front (resized).jpeg
    shirt back (resized).jpeg
    logo (resized).jpeg
    logo (resized).jpeg
    20240508_122114 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8155281_0.jpg
    Pinside_forum_8155281_0~2.jpg
    19fd4866-70fb-4b0d-800e-d97f1c866db1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    There are 4,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 96.
    #4351 1 year ago
    Quoted from Astill:

Hi my name is Dave Astill. I am pinballrom.com check us out. I provide roms for all pinballs and also sell LEDS . We are currently having a Black Friday sale on roms and LEDS. 15 % off. That means 2 smd no ghost frosted bulbs are .85 Canadian.

Never been disappointed with anything I've gotten from Dave.

#4352 1 year ago

I just ordered

#4353 1 year ago

I've ordered roms and all sorts of LED's from Dave. Awesome to deal with and ships out the package fast! Recommend you check out his website as well!

#4354 1 year ago

I ordered from Dave Astill 2 hours ago. The LEDS are already on their way!

#4355 1 year ago

Pirates CE is SOLD pending payment.

#4356 1 year ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Payment or Payment plan???

#4357 1 year ago

Was it both or just 1 kidney? I'd say worth it 100%

#4358 1 year ago

Anyone in Western Canada have a No Fear for sale?

#4359 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I ordered from Dave Astill 2 hours ago. The LEDS are already on their way!

Dave is the man!

#4360 1 year ago
    Quoted from Astill:

Hi my name is Dave Astill. I am pinballrom.com check us out. I provide roms for all pinballs and also sell LEDS . We are currently having a Black Friday sale on roms and LEDS. 15 % off. That means 2 smd no ghost frosted bulbs are .85 Canadian.

Just ordered from Dave, some LEDs, asked door a spare package for some LEDs, he came back with a package of what I needed (for Fish Tales) with all the info I needed also.

Great to deal with.

#4361 1 year ago
    Quoted from pingod:

congrats on the sale. Congrats to the buyer as well. I slept on our trade for a long time.

Well done!

#4362 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Payment or Payment plan???

Posted that in the wrong thread,lol.
    Pretty much eh.

#4363 1 year ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Pirates CE is SOLD pending payment

Now you can get your Bond LE!

#4364 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Nope, lol

#4365 1 year ago

Anyone have a slot machine they're considering selling? Currently looking for a 80s/90s slot with a bonus game feature. Not interested in Japanese stop/token games. Thanks

#4366 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone have a slot machine they're considering selling? Currently looking for a 80s/90s slot with a bonus game feature. Not interested in Japanese stop/token games. Thanks

My mom has a few that she would want to get rid of. I'll pm you.

#4367 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I went outside Battlefords a couple years ago to a antique guy, he has a great 90's Bally I wanted, was just a bit too high. legit Bally ran quarters

#4368 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Bond *SLE*.

#4370 1 year ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

My mom has a few that she would want to get rid of. I'll pm you.

Antiques or electric?

I'd be curious to know if dirk passes on em.

1 week later
    #4371 1 year ago

Drunk as fuck in Pla6a Blanca Pamama today.
    Miss pinball but the free drinks and spell checker are doing their job
    (Drunk as fuck today)

#4372 1 year ago
    Screenshot_20221202_152656_Weather Network (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221202_152656_Weather Network (resized).jpg
    #4373 1 year ago

Every day we stray further from jesus

#4374 1 year ago

That’s why you have to take 2 fellas from the same religion with you fishing, if you only take 1 they’ll drink all your beer. Fact!

#4375 1 year ago

Global warming my ass.

#4376 1 year ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Every day we stray further from jesus

8A6AA954-9E7C-48C8-BD85-D3E7700122A5 (resized).png8A6AA954-9E7C-48C8-BD85-D3E7700122A5 (resized).png
    #4377 1 year ago

When I grew up in Windsor we had tons of snow. Now we only get a few dumps a year that only stay for about a week or two.

Quoted from transprtr4u:Global warming my ass.

#4378 1 year ago

Fuk me it's cold out. It was -32 this morning but feels colder now when I was outside having a puff.

20221202_185757.jpg20221202_185757.jpg
    #4379 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Now we only get a few dumps a year that only stay for about a week or two.

Well my friend ... Would be happy to put you up, if you wish to visit.
    -30 here this morning and plenty of snow..
    Always welcome...

#4380 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:Fuk me it's cold out. It was -32 this morning but feels colder now when I was outside having a puff.
    [quoted image]

That's some serious cold. Yikes!

#4381 1 year ago

It's 30 in the shade here on vacation in Panama.
    I'll have another whiskey sour just for you poor cold people.

#4382 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

It's 30 in the shade here on vacation in Panama.I'll have another whiskey sour just for you poor cold people.

33376088.gif33376088.gif
    #4383 1 year ago

Cold as fuck in Edmo7ton Albebta today.
    Miss pinball but the cold and snow are doing their job.
    (Freezing my ass off today)

#4384 1 year ago

Every year at this time I ask my wife why we are choosing to still live with these winters. Born and raised in Alberta and they still piss me off.

#4385 1 year ago

I was working on an orphanage in Mexico 25 years ago, told 1 of the kids that it got cold enough to see your breath. Kid asks “why do you live there?” Good question. 80 degree C temperature swings inside of 4 months? -30 at 6 am to + 5 by noon? With 100 kmh winds? Wtf? No brain no pain l. Lol

#4386 1 year ago

Just listed my Super Chexx Bubble Hockey game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70508

I bought this game band new and it's huo and has always been in my house. It's a coin opp game and it's in mint shape.

$2,950.

QSS

#4387 1 year ago

Looking for Virtual Pinball tech help in Vancouver area.

#4388 1 year ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Every year at this time I ask my wife why we are choosing to still live with these winters. Born and raised in Alberta and they still piss me off.

I ask the same question every year and I live in Ontario (currently only -2 and I still hate it). Any good options for retirement with free health care, affordable cost of living, safe environment, nice weather? Would love to find somewhere to spend the winters. Cheers.

#4389 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

I ask the same question every year and I live in Ontario (currently only -2 and I still hate it). Any good options for retirement with free health care, affordable cost of living, safe environment, nice weather? Would love to find somewhere to spend the winters. Cheers.

If this wonderland you just described existed I think we would all live there lol. Tack on to that "doesn't have looming issues with fresh drinking water supply" and "doesn't light on fire every few months" and you truly have a place that just doesn't exist.

#4390 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

With a 2 to 3K per month income you can live like a king in the Caribbean. The environment is not safe not conducive to raise a family but it is certainly a great place to retire if you know how to navigate the cultural caveats.
    I lived there for a few years and it was the best time of my life. Health Care (the good one) is private and costs pennies. You get 1st world testing in hours or days.

#4391 1 year ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

If this wonderland you just described existed I think we would all live there lol. Tack on to that "doesn't have looming issues with fresh drinking water supply" and "doesn't light on fire every few months" and you truly have a place that just doesn't exist.

My wife and I explored moving out of Canada in mid 2010s. With wife's medical issues, Healthcare was on top of list. Portugal was a contender. Good weather and Healthcare for Canadians.

A few Central America countries also but really didn't want to deal with hurricanes.

#4392 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

There are a few good options out there for affordable cost of living, safe environment and nice weather. Free health care, not really. Affordable health care, for sure. Combine that with lower taxes and lower cost of living and you would still come out ahead.

Portugal is the hot topic right now. Panama has been long considered a great place to retire. Lots of good info in the interwebz for potential expat spots.

I personally wouldn't leave Canada entirely, but spending four or five months (Jan-April or May) somewhere else is very tempting.

#4393 1 year ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

There are a few good options out there for affordable cost of living, safe environment and nice weather. Free health care, not really. Affordable health care, for sure. Combine that with lower taxes and lower cost of living and you would still come out ahead.
    Portugal is the hot topic right now. Panama has been long considered a great place to retire. Lots of good info in the interwebz for potential expat spots.
    I personally wouldn't leave Canada entirely, but spending four or five months (Jan-April or May) somewhere else is very tempting.

yes but do they have pinball there.... otherwise, I am out.

#4394 1 year ago

Only minus 8 down here. Our overrepresented junky population should be able to stay warm. Hell, this is likely car and garage break in weather.

#4395 1 year ago

The couple I am here in Panama with have friends that live here in the winter and trailer park for summer/citizenship at home.
    Everything but electricity is cheap.
    Health care is cheap but anything major and you jump a flight home.
    You incorporate and buy a property to pay less taxes (400/yr)
    The airport by the resorts is air Transat and sunwing only so no 2+ hour drive from Panama city.
    Homes in the gated community were 50-100k usd, you need cameras and a dehumidifier in the shower running in the off season. Lots of ex pats in their community.

#4396 1 year ago

I have friends who their parents moved to Equador. Healthcare is cheap, gated community with mostly Canadians makes it safe and no hurricanes.

However...on occasion, there's something called earthquakes...

SO as stated earlier: Paradise doesn't exist...or if it does exists, the people there are keeping it quiet...

#4397 1 year ago
    Quoted from frosken:

I have friends who their parents moved to Equador. Healthcare is cheap, gated community with mostly Canadians makes it safe and no hurricanes.
    However...on occasion, there's something called earthquakes...
    SO as stated earlier: Paradise doesn't exist...or if it does exists, the people there are keeping it quiet...

Equador was on our radar as well but there's that earthquake thing.

#4398 1 year ago

Uruguay

#4399 1 year ago

Does anyone have a slot machine?

I see them in many game rooms and my wife's a fan of the one arm bandits.

Are they legal in Canada?

How do you set them up? Free Play or actual pay in/out. I'm sure in/out is illegal.

#4400 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Does anyone have a slot machine?
    I see them in many game rooms and my wife's a fan of the one arm bandits.
    Are they legal in Canada?
    How do you set them up? Free Play or actual pay in/out. I'm sure in/out is illegal.

When I get one, gonna be for sure money in, try to win. Or I take your money

There are 4,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 96.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.