(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 95.
    #4151 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

lol, gateway 10k
    Facepalm galore!!

i did sell it for 10500$

also sold
    tspp 13500$
    lotr 14000$
    mk2 arcade 3000$
    area 51 arcade 2400$

road show is pending sale too

#4152 1 year ago
    Quoted from Paseb:

i did sell it for 10500$
    also sold
    tspp 13500$
    lotr 14000$
    mk2 arcade 3000$
    area 51 arcade 2400$
    road show is pending sale too

Wow! Good for you.

I have an HUO TSPP with 350 plays that I bought with 200 plays in 2020 for $7k. Pinflation is crazy.

#4153 1 year ago

No, I was considering buying it at the time. But I haven’t played it. So I decided to wait for either Stranger Things or Spider-Man.

Quoted from Waffles:Yeup! Bought it in April(?)
    I got data east simpsons and find that it's oddly a very similar game.
    I enjoy playing BSD but my wife and friends don't want to touch that game because it's so mean.
    Was it your BSD?

#4154 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

No, I was considering buying it at the time. But I haven’t played it. So I decided to wait for either Stranger Things or Spider-Man.

Ahhh fair enough! I hope you found one of the other two.

I was looking for tales from the crypt but it didn't come up until after I got Dracula.

1 week later
    #4155 1 year ago

Any pinball techs in the Mississauga area? Thanks.

#4156 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Any pinball techs in the Mississauga area? Thanks.

PM sent.

#4157 1 year ago

New Stern pros are quickly approaching 10k in Alberta, it’s going to affect the used market sales too, looks like people that were holding out for some sort of correction are going to have to keep waiting for a while…

#4158 1 year ago
    Quoted from Boat:

New Stern pros are quickly approaching 10k in Alberta, it’s going to affect the used market sales too, looks like people that were holding out for some sort of correction are going to have to keep waiting for a while…

$9921 without shipping with ONLY GST added. Fuck me......

$10,487 with no shipping with both taxes.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #4159 1 year ago

Does P1AG sell for the same prices that Nitro advertises?

I see Nitro at $9499 USD for Bond Premium.

#4160 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Yes

#4161 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Player One is usually the same

#4162 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

$9921 without shipping with ONLY GST added. Fuck me......
    $10,487 with no shipping with both taxes. [quoted image]

I bought my Iron Maiden Premium for that price only a few years ago

#4163 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

UP $600 usd from Godzilla Prem.

#4164 1 year ago

Don't worry, 2023 Godzilla Premiums will be $600USD more expensive too.

#4165 1 year ago

Don't even price out the LE's now.
    Holy crap, they are expensive.

#4166 1 year ago

Anyone going to Pinball Expo in Chicago that is willing to pick up a populated playfield for me? PM if you have space. Cheers.

#4167 1 year ago

Anyone know of a company that will pack up a pin for shipping? Or anyone in the GTA have a newer stern box and foam sitting around?

I have a couple people in interested in my JP but they are looking to have it shipped. Obviously super concerned with packing on my own. I would hate for something to happen.

Shipping would be across Canada using Day & Ross.

Thanks

#4168 1 year ago

Did you try #meegis seems like he has helped others ... ?
    These games are use to being moved .
    It's nor that scary ...

Good luck ...

#4169 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Anyone know of a company that will pack up a pin for shipping? Or anyone in the GTA have a newer stern box and foam sitting around?
    I have a couple people in interested in my JP but they are looking to have it shipped. Obviously super concerned with packing on my own. I would hate for something to happen.
    Thanks

Should be able to wrap it with blankets tied around it and put on a pallet. I think there are some videos on YouTube on what to do.

I have an extra one used for my GB if you want it.

#4170 1 year ago

Used pallet?

That would be great!

#4171 1 year ago

No used blanket. It's got some padding.

#4172 1 year ago

Go by your local D&R tell them you need a pallet...
    Sure they give one ...

#4173 1 year ago

Thanks Kool I have a ton of padded planters from our recent move.

Good idea on the pallet. I should be able to grab one pretty easy.

#4174 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Thanks

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Did you try #meegis seems like he has helped others ... ?
    These games are use to being moved .
    It's nor that scary ...
    Good luck ...

Always happy to advise. Anyone can drop me a line any time. Pm is best.

#4175 1 year ago

I have an extra pallet.

You are welcome to it.
    PM if interested. Cheers

Quoted from PinPickle:

Used pallet?
    That would be great!

#4176 1 year ago

Are pallets really that hard to get. We have them all over the place here! Just go to a manufacturing shop. They have them piled up for free!

#4177 1 year ago

The bigger the pallet, the more it costs to ship.
    Keep that in mind. You pay by volume, and weight. Whichever is greater.
    Best to use one the size of a Stern box if boxing up a game.
    31x31

#4178 1 year ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Keep that in mind. You pay by vulume, and weight. Whichever is greater.
    31x31

Absolutely this. Or take an existing pallet and custom it smaller

#4179 1 year ago

how many Canadians does it take to ship a pinball machine ?

#4180 1 year ago

There is something very wrong about the way you think!! I love it! Lol

Quoted from transprtr4u:how many Canadians does it take to ship a pinball machine ?

#4181 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Go by your local D&R tell them you need a pallet...
    Sure they give one ...

Home depot has pallets they give away here...
    Check them out.

#4182 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

There is something very wrong about the way you think!!

Thank you fine sir !

#4183 1 year ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Keep that in mind. You pay by volume, and weight. Whichever is greater.
    31x31

This is only viable if using a box to ship, otherwise I would never go that small (personal preference from experience)

Quoted from northerndude:

Absolutely this. Or take an existing pallet and custom it smaller

Not a great idea to be honest, unless you properly rebuild stringers and slats, it could cause major issue for anyone moving the pallet around. If they cant use a pump truck in it because of modification, they will be forced to forklift it and that's when you can get some unnecessary damage. Whether it be from forks piercing something or just the pallet tipping due to structural integrity being gone.

#4184 1 year ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

This is only viable if using a box to ship, otherwise I would never go that small (personal preference from experience)

Not a great idea to be honest, unless you properly rebuild stringers and slats, it could cause major issue for anyone moving the pallet around. If they cant use a pump truck in it because of modification, they will be forced to forklift it and that's when you can get some unnecessary damage. Whether it be from forks piercing something or just the pallet tipping due to structural integrity being gone.

I have shipped with a 31x31. Just add lots of padding as the smaller footprint causes your shipment to be close to other freight.
    Freight moves slightly during shipping if too close it will rub and scratch other boxes.

I have used a 40x40 when shipping from the States (very far) to prevent this.
    Within Canada I dont bother.
    Warp, then movers blanket, then wrap, the cardboard panels all around. Done with a 31x31 multiple times accross Canada with 100% success, knock on wood.

If you get a damaged game after all that packing it was not strapped down correctly or it was damaged by a fork as Meggis said.
    You cannot prevent that even it you used a 40x40.

A good pallet must be strong enough to support the strap pressure or it will break in half as you are cranking it down. A solid pallet will be ok!

Dont overthink it, just pad it and ship it!

I also recommend adding a “tip and tell” sticker, it will show upon arrival if the cargo was knocked over.

#4185 1 year ago

Thanks all! Appreciate the responses.

#4186 1 year ago

Any know of locations to play pinball in Kamloops? Pin map hasn't been updated in years.

Thanks

#4187 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Any know of locations to play pinball in Kamloops? Pin map hasn't been updated in years.
    Thanks

No pinball scene here really. There are usually a couple pins at Fun Factor arcade, I think Alchemy pub has a Pokerino maybe. Red Collar had a couple pins but I think they're gone now.

#4188 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

No pinball scene here really. There are usually a couple pins at Fun Factor arcade, I think Alchemy pub has a Pokerino maybe. Red Collar had a couple pins but I think they're gone now.

Thanks for the info. Surprised there's not a dedicated location with so many pinsiders in the area.

Found a brewery in Kelowna that has a nice collection of games I'm looking forward to checking out.

#4189 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks for the info. Surprised there's not a dedicated location with so many pinsiders in the area.
    Found a brewery in Kelowna that has a nice collection of games I'm looking forward to checking out.

Played there a week or two ago, cool spot. Only Ghostbusters was playable before 5pm the day I was there though as the rest of the machines are upstairs, not in the lounge.

#4190 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Kamloopians? Is that the correct word? Just wondering..

#4191 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Surprised there's not a dedicated location with so many pinsiders in the area.

Canada in general is a bit of a wasteland in terms of on-locations pins.

Even in the GTA (the 4th largest city on the continent) it's rare to see pins anywhere or any kind of arcade that has them.

#4192 1 year ago
    Quoted from mac2444:

Played there a week or two ago, cool spot. Only Ghostbusters was playable before 5pm the day I was there though as the rest of the machines are upstairs, not in the lounge.

BNA Brewing? TheShaft updated the list recently and didn't see GB. Maybe there's a third location in Kelowna? I hope Mandolorian and Stranger Things are there.

#4193 1 year ago

Hey Data East Pin Owners, THESE ARE BACK IN STOCK!!!

The White North Retro HB-001 Data East Pinball Noise Filter is now back in stock! Shipping world wide from both Pinball Life and Marco Specialties. Canadian customers can now also buy direct from us too! Links below.

The “HumBucker" HB-001 from White North Retro is the simplest way to help mitigate the annoying and constant 12v hum thats emitted over the speakers on most Data East pinball machines. It doesn’t require any soldering or conversion to your games, just simply plug it in-line with the soundboard power cable and go. The device works on all Data East games as well as the first three SEGA games: Baywatch, Batman Forever, and Frankenstein. Developed and made in Alberta, Canada. The HB-001 is a must have for any Data East or Early SEGA pinball machine.

For a closer look and installation steps visit:

MSRP: $39.99 USD (or $49.99 Canadian direct)

Canadian Orders: http://WhiteNorthRetro.ca
    Pinball Life: https://www.pinballlife.com/data-east-noisehum-filter.html
    Marco Specialties: Link Coming Soon!

HB001 Back In Stock (resized).jpgHB001 Back In Stock (resized).jpg
    #4194 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

BNA Brewing? TheShaft updated the list recently and didn't see GB. Maybe there's a third location in Kelowna? I hope Mandolorian and Stranger Things are there.

Ya, a week or so ago it was GB in the tasting room, the rest of the machines are upstairs in the restaurant part that's open in the evenings. The owner is on pinside (my friend out there knows him), supposed to be a super nice guy who does rotate machines in and out.

#4195 1 year ago
    Quoted from ChanceKJ:

Hey Data East Pin Owners, THESE ARE BACK IN STOCK!!!
    The White North Retro HB-001 Data East Pinball Noise Filter is now back in stock! Shipping world wide from both Pinball Life and Marco Specialties. Canadian customers can now also buy direct from us too! Links below.
    The “HumBucker" HB-001 from White North Retro is the simplest way to help mitigate the annoying and constant 12v hum thats emitted over the speakers on most Data East pinball machines. It doesn’t require any soldering or conversion to your games, just simply plug it in-line with the soundboard power cable and go. The device works on all Data East games as well as the first three SEGA games: Baywatch, Batman Forever, and Frankenstein. Developed and made in Alberta, Canada. The HB-001 is a must have for any Data East or Early SEGA pinball machine.
    For a closer look and installation steps visit:
    MSRP: $39.99 USD (or $49.99 Canadian direct)
    Canadian Orders: http://WhiteNorthRetro.ca
    Pinball Life: https://www.pinballlife.com/data-east-noisehum-filter.html
    Marco Specialties: Link Coming Soon!
    [quoted image]

Just ordered one, thank you!

#4196 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

GOTG and Ghostbusters at Fun Factor

Quoted from mac2444:

Ya, a week or so ago it was GB in the tasting room, the rest of the machines are upstairs in the restaurant part that's open in the evenings. The owner is on pinside (my friend out there knows him), supposed to be a super nice guy who does rotate machines in and out.

Looks like a awesome pub. They're hosting a beer festival Saturday. Wish I could attend. Next week I guess.

#4197 1 year ago

That place has grown into a neat entertainment place.. it used to have a cool shuffleboard type game where you stabs in the floor and play…. Did t try it but looked fun. good to see pins added a few years back. I suggest anyone in the area stop by for a beer or bowling or pinball or all. If memory serves me right that place used to be an old Tabacco company.

#4198 1 year ago

Forgive me for what I'm about to ask! But, i usually scroll past the shipping to USA discussions & now wondering how i could get an accurate quote to ship a pin to the states? Do i just need their zip code & then contact a shipper like Day n Ross? Also wondering which is the cheapest!?

#4199 1 year ago

forgiven ... you will need all the buyer info , a bill of sale and the buyer will need to arrange the customs side of it (if required ) ... D&R is good but get on line quotes they are cheaper ... or YRC is reasonable !

#4200 1 year ago

Also keep in mind that some states may not allow coin-op equipment without specific details on home use or other. So I would make sure the buyer is aware of anything beforehand too.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.