(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 82 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 95.
    #3952 1 year ago

Awesome that a Canadian offers a discount on independence day ...
    Good on you ....

#3953 1 year ago

I didn't find a lot of offers even for Canada Day actually! I'll definitely go on your site and see if I can order something!
    Edited: you carry World Cup Soccer!! Order coming!

#3954 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Awesome that a Canadian offers a discount on independence day ...
    Good on you ....

Check the Pinball Map app, it's great!

#3955 1 year ago
    images.pngimages.png
    #3956 1 year ago

Happy Canada hosers! Drove 8hrs yesterday to spend the weekend with my fam, and stock up on Canadian Whiskey lol.

Surprised to see Timmies serving espresso drinks. Disappointed that Bieber is still affiliated.

Side note - going to be back in mid-July. so if anyone wants to avoid US shipping/customs, pm me and if you ship your parts order to me i can bring them up and ship locally. No charge other than the cost to ship within Canada.

4A0B80F7-9CB5-4DF6-B3C4-CE4BB20AF068 (resized).jpeg4A0B80F7-9CB5-4DF6-B3C4-CE4BB20AF068 (resized).jpeg
    #3957 1 year ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Happy Canada hosers! Drove 8hrs yesterday to spend the weekend with my fam, and stock up on Canadian Whiskey lol.
    Surprised to see Timmies serving espresso drinks. Disappointed that Bieber is still affiliated.
    Side note - going to be back in mid-July. so if anyone wants to avoid US shipping/customs, pm me and if you ship your parts order to me i can bring them up and ship locally. No charge other than the cost to ship within Canada.[quoted image]

Timmies is American owned now. They affiliated with Biebs in a lame attempt to make themselves seem “more Canadian”.

They are run like a typical American fast food corporation in it for the shareholders. They have long lost what made them Canadian. Sad.

#3958 1 year ago
    FB_IMG_1562006843964 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1562006843964 (resized).jpg
    #3959 1 year ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Side note - going to be back in mid-July. so if anyone wants to avoid US shipping/customs, pm me and if you ship your parts order to me i can bring them up and ship locally. No charge other than the cost to ship within Canada.[quoted image]

Whereabouts do you drive up to? If local for some, they won't even need to spend more on shipping.

This is a very generous offer from you.

#3960 1 year ago

Kids are taking over for the day

92499D4A-CEE6-48A7-954D-927FDD23ED8A (resized).jpeg92499D4A-CEE6-48A7-954D-927FDD23ED8A (resized).jpeg
    #3961 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Timmies is American owned now. They affiliated with Biebs in a lame attempt to make themselves seem “more Canadian”.
    They are run like a typical American fast food corporation in it for the shareholders. They have long lost what made them Canadian. Sad.

Actually the official head office of Restaurant Brands is in Canada and it's one of the top 50 companies by size listed on the TSX.

Canadaian ownership is still substantial as Tim Hortons shareholders all got QSR shares.

#3962 1 year ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Whereabouts do you drive up to? If local for some, they won't even need to spend more on shipping.
    This is a very generous offer from you.

Ontario. Typically GTA (Head office is in Milton). mid July will be in Niagara Falls for a mtg but will take the opportunity to visit some friends at the end of the week.

#3963 1 year ago

Spending a day with the family melting at Canada’s Wonderland

#3964 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Sounds fun. Getting ready for some steak sandwiches and cold beers over here

2022-07-0113.18.413924541404469624838.jpg2022-07-0113.18.413924541404469624838.jpg
    #3965 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Getting ready for some steak sandwiches and cold beers over here

You deliver ?

#3966 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

If you're still around I live down the street. Happy to say hello.

You sticking around for the fireworks?

#3967 1 year ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Ontario. Typically GTA (Head office is in Milton). mid July will be in Niagara Falls for a mtg but will take the opportunity to visit some friends at the end of the week.

Well, if you ever want to make a small detour, happy to have you by and play some pins.

I'm 5 mins off the 400 highway near Canada's wonderland (as per my previous post above)

I always like meeting fellow collectors.

#3968 1 year ago

I will have to keep that in mind the next time I go to Mc Michael.
    Those paintings just ooze Canuck.

#3969 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

I will have to keep that in mind the next time I go to Mc Michael.
    Those paintings just ooze Canuck.

Come on by!

#3970 1 year ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Nice of you to offer. So could pick up in Milton in mid-July?

#3971 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Nice of you to offer. So could pick up in Milton in mid-July?

Will be in Niagara Falls for meetings the week of July 11th. End of that week i’ll visit some friends in Etobicoke so will be passing by Oakville. I don’t have any specific plans other than the work stuff as of now.

#3972 1 year ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Will be in Niagara Falls for meetings the week of July 11th. End of that week i’ll visit some friends in Etobicoke so will be passing by Oakville. I don’t have any specific plans other than the work stuff as of now.

What day do you leave home? Probably cutting it close at this point

#3973 1 year ago

Where’s everyone buying their replacement pinballs from?

Everyone sells them but some US Online Shops take forever to ship.

#3974 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

I need some too and want to buy in bulk. I was going to use the ones on eBay but I am not sure about quality and I refuse to overpay for rebranded ball bearings sold for a 3rd party, lol.

#3975 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Check Arkadium. They were selling balls and Titan rubbers. Not sure if they still are but worth a shot

#3976 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Check Arkadium. They were selling balls and Titan rubbers. Not sure if they still are but worth a shot

They don't want to ship. Only local. (I've inquired)

#3977 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I asked Derek about that but I think the shipping is too much, maybe I'll ask again.

#3978 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Didn't know that about shipping.

Probably wouldn't be too hard to find someone local who'd be willing to pick them up and ship.

Guess you'll be stocking up yegpin weekend?

#3979 1 year ago

We will have Ball Baron pinballs available for sale at our booth at YEGPIN, Ninja and Polaris. Personally I think they are the highest quality pinballs out there. Marco also sells Silverjets which are pretty good too. Haven’t shipped out balls before just rubbers and LED’s, I am afraid the shipping costs of pinballs might be too much. Not saying we can’t just might be a little more costly to ship out that product.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

#3980 1 year ago

Nitro pinball for balls.
    I order bulk 100 at a time.
    Even free shipping with a game

#3981 1 year ago

Shipping anything east right now costs a fortune. A small box that was $20 a couple months back is almost doubled thru Canada Post.

I boxed up a wedding dress and shipped to Quebec. Was shocked it close to $100

#3982 1 year ago

Thanks for the quick responses!

Completely forgot about Nitro and I bought pins from them before. Service is excellent.

#3983 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

How many do you need?

Also, if you end up going for silverjet, keep in mind they are prone to magnetizing. So keep them in games without magnets.

#3984 1 year ago

I see everyone else wakes up to coffee and pinside as well!

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Guess you'll be stocking up yegpin weekend?

Still not sure if i can make it up this year.. we'll see

#3985 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Shipping anything east right now costs a fortune. A small box that was $20 a couple months back is almost doubled thru Canada Post.

I find shipping from the US isn't any more than shipping in Canada from the west coast. Doing US shipping and then Shippsy is another option though you 100% have to pay HST this way.

I try and support Canadian pinball if I can though!

#3986 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

eddie @ drapl pinball

#3987 1 year ago
    Quoted from luch:

eddie @ drapl pinball

+1 for eddie @ drapl

#3988 1 year ago

Thanks guys. Bought from nitro.

And yes Dee-Bow coffee and pinside indeed.

#3989 1 year ago

You can buy bulk from ball baron on ebay for a good shipping price.

Nitro is fine too but the balls they sell aren't that good. I think they are the pinball life ones. I have a game with a square captive ball that put flat spots on those balls really fast. Was quite disappointed.

#3990 1 year ago

Anyone know if some sort of Pinball Expo might be coming to the GTA anytime soon?

#3991 1 year ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

Anyone know if some sort of Pinball Expo might be coming to the GTA anytime soon?

come to Yegpin !

#3992 1 year ago

I think this is the best pinball show within driving distance to the GTA. I may be attending for the first time this year.

https://pinballexpo.com/

#3993 1 year ago

It's mindboggling that there is no pinball show in Toronto (GTA). With Player One head office here you would think something could be organized.

Needs to happen I think!

#3994 1 year ago

i think the cost of event space, insurance and all related cost , make Toronto very expensive , it was tried 20 years ago and didn't really stick

#3995 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

It's mindboggling that there is no pinball show in Toronto (GTA). With Player One head office here you would think something could be organized.
    Needs to happen I think!

We could be the change we want to see in the world!

I'm going to stew on this, maybe see what some quotes look like for event hosting in or around KW over the next few months. KW isn't Toronto, but it IS decently accessible to a sizable portion of Southern Ontario, and probably cheaper.

#3996 1 year ago
    Quoted from KidRichard:

I'm going to stew on this, maybe see what some quotes look like for event hosting in or around KW over the next few months. KW isn't Toronto, but it IS decently accessible to a sizable portion of Southern Ontario, and probably cheaper.

I'd drive to KW for a pinball expo. Illinois not so much lol

#3997 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

come to Yegpin !

Would love to, but sitting here jealous of Edmonton is the best I can do. Preferably the venue is "somewhere" in Ontario.

Quoted from kool1:

Needs to happen I think!

Yeah, while the Player One showroom is great, I long for an expo.

#3998 1 year ago
    Quoted from KidRichard:

I would definitely go to KW in a hot second for a Pinball Expo. Lets do this.

#3999 1 year ago
    Quoted from KidRichard:

KW would be A-ok! Downtown Toronto has it's advantages but it could be pricey. Not sure about the CNE or the airport (a lot of things happen in that area and Player One is up there).

Definitely need some corporate help - Jerry/Player One is the obvious key sponsor and benefactor of a Toronto pin expo.

#4000 1 year ago

If you book it, they will come. For real though, just start with something small for core collectors. Don't try to make a profit or anything, everyone involved just pool a bit of money and rent a community hall or something for a day or two and bring your machines. It's easy enough to set up a tournament and have some fun, but at the end of the day it's gonna be fun no matter what just to have a bunch of machines in one place.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.