(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 95.
    #351 8 years ago

Is it much effort to swap these between machines?

#352 8 years ago

It is dead easy and a five minute install. I was really impressed not just with the final result but the packaging, installation and instructions. It was nice for everything to be so top notch, when you spend that much you expect everything to be packaged up nicely with all the cables and extra screws included and that is exactly what I got with my ColorDMD.

#353 8 years ago

And if you have a wonky dmd in another game you have you can use your old one as a replacement.

#354 8 years ago

Has anyone shipped a pin to the states? If yes who'd you use for transport and any extra fees involved? Thanks

#355 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

It is dead easy and a five minute install. I was really impressed not just with the final result but the packaging, installation and instructions. It was nice for everything to be so top notch, when you spend that much you expect everything to be packaged up nicely with all the cables and extra screws included and that is exactly what I got with my ColorDMD.

It was very easy to install. No issues there. I spent more time trying to decide what type of dot pattern to choose. Swapping the displays would be easy, but I think you would require a new power cable if you are switching between different platforms.

#356 8 years ago

After spending the holidays in a truck in Washington the courier finally finished delivering my black mmr. The Nitro boys picked it up this morning and brought it over, packed it in and set it up for me. Can't say enough great things about nitro amusements and the service and support they offer. I was in on gold for almost 2 years and switched about a month ago. Phew! The black looks sick, nothing like a de. Txs to tommy for pulling a few strings to make the switch possible. Here are some pics of #580 safe home in Canada.

If you need anything pinball related they can do it or get it for you. Way better than starburst because nitro is all pinball and only pinball. I highly recommend them. My second nib from them and everything is top notch. Txs again Tommy and Don.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#357 8 years ago

These guys are great! We are so lucky to have them out on the west coast! They can ship all over Canada and for probably no more than Starburst if your living on the east side! Service is great on phone and particularly in person! Keep up the great work guys!

#358 8 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

After spending the holidays in a truck in Washington the courier finally finished delivering my black mmr. The Nitro boys picked it up this morning and brought it over, packed it in and set it up for me. Can't say enough great things about nitro amusements and the service and support they offer. I was in on gold for almost 2 years and switched about a month ago. Phew! The black looks sick, nothing like a de. Txs to tommy for pulling a few strings to make the switch possible. Here are some pics of #580 safe home in Canada.
    If you need anything pinball related they can do it or get it for you. Way better than starburst because nitro is all pinball and only pinball. I highly recommend them. My second nib from them and everything is top notch. Txs again Tommy and Don.

Congrats on a wicked game! It's crazy for me to think that you have been waiting for that game longer than I have been in the hobby, and I am glad to hear that it's been worth the wait!

Quoted from wcbrandes:

These guys are great! We are so lucky to have them out on the west coast! They can ship all over Canada and for probably no more than Starburst if your living on the east side! Service is great on phone and particularly in person! Keep up the great work guys!

Yup, Nitro is awesome. One of the main reasons I have gotten into pinball actually, and it works great with them being two blocks from my house!

#359 8 years ago

Tommy and nitro are indeed awesome. Never have to worry about anything when dealing with nitro. There's always peace of mind

#360 8 years ago

One competitor has pulled out of the league and we now have one open spot to fill if interested (we have 31 players registered for the 2016 season). League schedule is posted on diehardpinball.ca under events page, please email [email protected] if you have interest. First league night is tomorrow!!!!

#361 8 years ago

I had a really great time last night at my first league event with diehard!

#362 8 years ago

I too had a good time ...great to some old and some new people ...looking forward to next league night

#363 8 years ago

Yes, what a great night 31 players strong, some excellent pinball playing was on exhibition, it was a very friendly environment, the excitement was in the air and was a great start to the year!!!!

#364 8 years ago

How the hell did I rank 12th?! I wasn't even drinking!

#365 8 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

How the hell did I rank 12th?! I wasn't even drinking!

That's the problem

#366 8 years ago

Just heard that there's going to be a show/convention in Edmonton in early May. Anyone have any news on this/confirmation?

#367 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

That's the problem

What happened to attending every OPL this season? LOL

#368 8 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

What happened to attending every OPL this season? LOL

Wife's becoming a principal so she was in class on the weekend of the OPL in November and Dec was the xmas party. 2016 here I come.

#369 8 years ago

image1.pngimage1.png

#370 8 years ago

Is this the first year?

#371 8 years ago

The lineup of pins at it is pretty impressive!

#372 8 years ago

Is the site up and running? When I checked it out all it asked for was a password.

#373 8 years ago

It still does, but if you click on the part of the link where it says machines, that page doesn't require a password.

#374 8 years ago

That logo leaves alot to be desired, I could have never read yegpin from the gp combo without the description. Marketing 101 that is bad. Their line up however is very nice

#375 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

That logo leaves alot to be desired, I could have never read yegpin from the gp combo without the description. Marketing 101 that is bad. Their line up however is very nice

The logo could be a fat naked man rolling in a pile of cheetoh dust and I would still be interested and attending. I think a lot of pinheads would share the same sentiment.

There's a lot of members east and west of us, anyone have any immediate thoughts that they might make the trip out?

#376 8 years ago

We're coming from west of Saskatoon. Think some fellow pinsiders from the south of Saskatchewan are interested too. I'm sure the Saskatoon boys will be attending as well. Told my arcade friends too.
    Derek started a thread on this event already and website is up and running!
    yeah logo is lame, but who cares? Finally a pinball event in Edmonton!

#377 8 years ago

Link to the thread? Can't seem to find it.

Edit: Nevermind, just found it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-yegpin-official-thread

#378 8 years ago

Hey guys I'm looking for a Williams IJ plastic ramp, both Marco and Bay Area amusements are sold out are there any other suppliers out there that might carry it. I thought I saw awaile back on some thread about a few other suppliers but can't seem to track it down now that I need too. Thanks a bunch.
    On another note super excited about hearing of the Edmonton pinball expo looking forward to getting up there for sure.

#379 8 years ago

Maybe try little shop of games? Or pinball heaven.uk.

#380 8 years ago
    Quoted from Eagles77:

Hey guys I'm looking for a Williams IJ plastic ramp, both Marco and Bay Area amusements are sold out are there any other suppliers out there that might carry it. I thought I saw awaile back on some thread about a few other suppliers but can't seem to track it down now that I need too. Thanks a bunch.
    On another note super excited about hearing of the Edmonton pinball expo looking forward to getting up there for sure.

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Indiana-Jones-Ramp

#381 8 years ago

Thanks I will try those. I'm new to the buying parts side of this hobby so I need all the help I can get on part suppliers. Just got the heads up from a pinsider that Marco now has them in stock I can't believe I missed it just had a huge order shipped from them last week.

#382 8 years ago

starship-fantasy.com is the guys who bought out Pinball Inc, who were The guys for repro ramps. I hate their website though, it is terrible to navigate through.

#383 8 years ago

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help. Starship is out of stock but little shop of games has it and as a bonus has some other parts I need as well. Just might be able to get the remainder of the parts I need from one supplier now.

#384 8 years ago

Canadian dollar sucks........shame.........so many great things to buy with the wrong currency

#385 8 years ago

Couldn't be a worse time to be a Canadian pinball buyer. Lots of nice titles coming out that are expensive already without adding at least 40% to the price.

#386 8 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Couldn't be a worse time to be a Canadian pinball buyer. Lots of nice titles coming out that are expensive already without adding at least 40% to the price.

Our dollar will be crap for 2016 but will bounce back in 2017, our economy usually lags the States by one year and they seem to be turning things around.

#387 8 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

Our dollar will be crap for 2016 but will bounce back in 2017, our economy usually lags the States by one year and they seem to be turning things around.

Bounce back is a strong word. In 2017 we might see the dollar back floating around 80 cents. I'd call that a hop.

#388 8 years ago

Looks like it will be hard to come up with NIB pins if not from a Canadian dealer.

Beside Nitro, Palladium that includes Starburst who else is a serious dealer in Canada ?

#389 8 years ago

Since all pins go through starburst, no one really. The funny thing is if you convert 6500 can to usd its about 4500 right now, for new sterns thats actually a good price in the states. Still sucks here after conversion

Funny I had a few resto projects that Im thinking twice about now!

#390 8 years ago

Maybe I'm an oddity around these parts, but I'm of the opinion that if you can't afford an extra couple grand, you probably shouldn't be spending the money in the first place. Does it suck that the conversation is crap right now? Big time. But that's all the more reason for people to start trading pins around more. A lot of machines stagnate in collections here, because people get something they like and don't want to let it go (we're all guilty, myself included).

#391 8 years ago

I don't see myself trading or selling pins in a near future.

I make sure before buying a pin that it's what I want

I like my lineup the way it is...... I only need more

#392 8 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Maybe I'm an oddity around these parts, but I'm of the opinion that if you can't afford an extra couple grand, you probably shouldn't be spending the money in the first place. Does it suck that the conversation is crap right now? Big time. But that's all the more reason for people to start trading pins around more. A lot of machines stagnate in collections here, because people get something they like and don't want to let it go (we're all guilty, myself included).

The sad part is even if you go for a nice Huo of an older pin you might end up paying $4500 so maybe 6500.

Wich was the price of a NIB premium not 2 years ago

#393 8 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

That extra couple grand (which is more like $3k+ as time goes by) is potentially another 1-2 used machines, or potential spending on a vast array of other hobbies/vehicles/vacations/etc. For me it's not about 'affording it', its about justifying it.

Thank god Game of Thrones didn't have an LCD - that was going to be a must buy until I saw that. The prospect of a Star Wars machine coming out this year WITH an LCD scares me....

#394 8 years ago
    Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Thank god Game of Thrones didn't have an LCD - that was going to be a must buy until I saw that. The prospect of a Star Wars machine coming out this year WITH an LCD scares me....

You're missing out on a great game then!

Rob

#395 8 years ago

There is always location pinball, support that industry if you can't afford/justify to get yourself into the NIB machine titles.

#396 8 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

There is always location pinball, support that industry if you can't afford/justify to get yourself into the NIB machine titles.

Pinball desert here my friend, if I don't buy them I don't get to play.

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

That extra couple grand (which is more like $3k+ as time goes by) is potentially another 1-2 used machines, or potential spending on a vast array of other hobbies/vehicles/vacations/etc. For me it's not about 'affording it', its about justifying it.

My sentiment exactly. If I could not afford I would not buy them.

#397 8 years ago

Who cares about the US exchange. Buy buy buy!!!

#398 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

You're missing out on a great game then!
    Rob

I played it at Expo. I know what I'm missing.
    Its really good, but between the DMD and the meh artwork, it's not a $10k game for me Glad to hear you're enjoying it though. The rules are VERY compelling.

#399 8 years ago

Hosted Toronto pinball league last night. Great fun!

topl_(resized).jpgtopl_(resized).jpg

#400 8 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Who cares about the US exchange. Buy buy buy!!!

Just saw the cnd at .6996

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.